Help With WHM DD Sets

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Help with WHM DD Sets
Help with WHM DD Sets
By Connavarr 2013-06-14 15:21:07  
Ok fellas, been putting a little bit of work into my DD WHM. Gonna post my TP/Hexa builds, get some feedback. Haven't skilled club up yet for realmrazer, working on that next.

TP set:

ItemSet 304228

Hexa Strike:

ItemSet 304245

Tatsumaki Sitagoromo has Haste+3, never managed to get Rubeus Spats, with the decline of VW, not sure when I'll ever get them. Royal Redingote has ACC+10 and crit rate+3 on it. Working on Meebles to get Sublime Breastplate. nefarious Collar and Magavan Beret is just a matter of catching them on AH. Any other improvements?

Also, a question: How many merits do I need to put into Realmrazer to make it equal/better then Hexa? Don't have much room left in merits, since Delve forced me to merit Upheaval.
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-14 15:40:43  
Connavarr said: »
Ok fellas, been putting a little bit of work into my DD WHM. Gonna post my TP/Hexa builds, get some feedback. Haven't skilled club up yet for realmrazer, working on that next.

TP set:

ItemSet 304228

Hexa Strike:

ItemSet 304245

Tatsumaki Sitagoromo has Haste+3, never managed to get Rubeus Spats, with the decline of VW, not sure when I'll ever get them. Royal Redingote has ACC+10 and crit rate+3 on it. Working on Meebles to get Sublime Breastplate. nefarious Collar and Magavan Beret is just a matter of catching them on AH. Any other improvements?

Also, a question: How many merits do I need to put into Realmrazer to make it equal/better then Hexa? Don't have much room left in merits, since Delve forced me to merit Upheaval.

Off to a very good start actually. Few pointers

(1) the Rancor equipment doesn't stack, so putting both pieces of equipment on won't give you 10%. Pick one or the other and put something else in the slot (Nefarious being the best when you can actually snipe one off your AH, like you said)

(2) The Elemental WS equipment is better for Realmrazer versus Hexa Strike because of the fact that Realmrazer transfers its FTP along each hit. Since you're planning on getting Nefarious, throw Nefarious into your Hexa Strike set and try to get your hands on a Prosilo Belt as well to round out the set. If you happen to have a TP Bonus + Attack Moondshade, that would work over Ethereal as well.

(3) If you're trying to pump out as much damage as humanly possible on WHM DD, I'd go 5/5 on Realmrazer or bust. Go big or go home, as they would like to say. If I would take a guess, I'd go for at least 3/5 (no math to back this up though).

(4) Zelus Tiara can free up some Haste slots over Wal-Mart Turban and is easy to acquire as well.
By Connavarr 2013-06-14 16:06:05  
Carbuncle.Ghishlain said: »

TP set:

ItemSet 304228

Hexa Strike:

ItemSet 304245

Off to a very good start actually. Few pointers

(1) the Rancor equipment doesn't stack, so putting both pieces of equipment on won't give you 10%. Pick one or the other and put something else in the slot (Nefarious being the best when you can actually snipe one off your AH, like you said)

(2) The Elemental WS equipment is better for Realmrazer versus Hexa Strike because of the fact that Realmrazer transfers its FTP along each hit. Since you're planning on getting Nefarious, throw Nefarious into your Hexa Strike set and try to get your hands on a Prosilo Belt as well to round out the set. If you happen to have a TP Bonus + Attack Moondshade, that would work over Ethereal as well.

(3) If you're trying to pump out as much damage as humanly possible on WHM DD, I'd go 5/5 on Realmrazer or bust. Go big or go home, as they would like to say. If I would take a guess, I'd go for at least 3/5 (no math to back this up though).

(4) Zelus Tiara can free up some Haste slots over Wal-Mart Turban and is easy to acquire as well.

1) Yeah, just using rancor collar till I can get nefarious. =/

2)I don't Prosilio, would Windbuffet be ok till then? I'm willing to make the plunge into and spend the gil for dd WHM, just not a high priority, so may take time.

3) Poo. I was hoping 1/5 would be suffient. Will work my merits around to get a minimum of 3/5. If I can cap it, I'll do that.

4)I have Zelus(and hedera cotehardie) as possible swaps, but like the look of this set too much. No problems switching, but if I were to swap, it'd be hedera in for Goliard. Walahra has +MP on it, which is useful to me while /NIN or /DNC.

Haven't finished WoTG, got so much to do missions are on a backseat. Will do eventually and snag the right augs on Moonshade. I could snag a second Ghillie+1 easily, but double rings/earrings never seems to macro in right. May do NQ instead of Ethereal. This is also why I have aqua ring and aquasoul rings =/

Any melee augs on Selenian Cap that'd be useful for any WHM ws?

Thanks for the tips, will work on what I can as I'm able to.
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-15 14:55:42  
1) Yeah, just using rancor collar till I can get nefarious. =/

2)I don't Prosilio, would Windbuffet be ok till then? I'm willing to make the plunge into and spend the gil for dd WHM, just not a high priority, so may take time.

3) Poo. I was hoping 1/5 would be suffient. Will work my merits around to get a minimum of 3/5. If I can cap it, I'll do that.

4)I have Zelus(and hedera cotehardie) as possible swaps, but like the look of this set too much. No problems switching, but if I were to swap, it'd be hedera in for Goliard. Walahra has +MP on it, which is useful to me while /NIN or /DNC.

Haven't finished WoTG, got so much to do missions are on a backseat. Will do eventually and snag the right augs on Moonshade. I could snag a second Ghillie+1 easily, but double rings/earrings never seems to macro in right. May do NQ instead of Ethereal. This is also why I have aqua ring and aquasoul rings =/

Any melee augs on Selenian Cap that'd be useful for any WHM ws?

Thanks for the tips, will work on what I can as I'm able to.

Windbuffet isn't the best for Hexa Strike because WS cap at eight total hits. Even if Windbuffet procs, it'd be acting like a double attack then a triple of quad attack because of hit limitations. It isn't a bad choice persay, but most likely not ideal either. Do use Windbuffet for Mystic Boon though to maximize the damage on that WS. On that note, Brutal over Etheral should net you a positive gain if you want to go that route. Take into account if you use Prosilio on Hexa Strike, you should replace Brutal with something else as they will cancel each other out.

The only reason I suggested Zelus is because it can free up your body (or another slot) for something that might be of more use to you. For example, swapping Wally with Zelus would let you put your Redingnote on as a TP piece (since it has Accuracy and Crit Rate). It's not the best choice, but should improve your TP phase slightly. You'd lose the 26% haste, but that minimal haste lose should be made up by the extra crit + accuracy (even if you don't need the accuracy, the crit can potentially be useful). Alternatively, putting both Zelus and Hedera on could allow you to swap Goading out for Windbuffet. Whether that gives you an overall increase in TP, I'm not entirely sure. I'm using that as an example to show that you have more options available to you then you think ^^ Consider what gear options you have right now and see what might next you the best results.

If you're in dire need for WS Accuracy, Selenian augmented with WS accuracy and normal accuracy can net quite a bit of accuracy on WS. Whether that's worth the inventory to you or not, is up to you. As it stands, WHMs can more or less cap accuracy on anything they should be fighting (outside of SoA areas). If you want to start trying to handle things inside SoA areas, you may want to consider it.

Do you happen to have Mystic Boon unlocked yet? If not, I highly recommend getting to that as it serves as an infinite MP source for a White Mages smashing pleasure.
By Connavarr 2013-06-15 17:21:33  
Don't have Mystic Boon yet, trying to talk my NNI static into doing NI 100 for a WHM ws, lol. I'll keep nagging them!

I,,,,never even considered using ACP body for TP. Gonna have to play around a bit with sets, that may be a way to go. Even more so since I lack Rubeus Spats, so my TP gear is kinda light on acc, and I can't afford putting merits into club, atleast not yet.

I'll work on getting Prosilio belt for ws's soonish.

also, I tossed one merit into Realmrazer....now just need to get club to 357 so I can use it, lol. =/

Edit: And I snagged Nefarious Collar last night, so rancor collar is out. I'm gettin' there~
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-15 22:42:16  
Excellent. Just as another note, Orvail souliers provides a very nice helping of MND and can be used over AF3+2 feet for WS if you have the inventory for it. Since you seem to imply money isn't entirely an issue, upgrading to a sasah wand +1 may not be a bad investment either, as that will give you one more accuracy and attack but also cap off your Haste again if you do go to Zelus + ACP body for TPing.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2013-08-26 10:27:40  
Some of the new Gendewitha gear is amazing for WHM DD, especially if you want to do some harder content like Marjami reives and might be taking some damage. Each piece can augment with 3-4 PDT and Cure Cast, which are both some really nice bonuses for your TP build on WHM. Here are my new builds for difficult content, I gave up the Dual Wield bonus on ACP body to gain accuracy and survivability, and gave up the 10 accuracy on Rubeus Spats for survivability as well.

TP:
ItemSet 149320
(Gende augments total PDT-10 and CureCast-8, and still working on getting better augments.)

Realm:
ItemSet 237193

Using this build with Ionis but no food or other buffs, I was doing quite well in Marjami. I could tank 1-2 mobs without much difficulty, and was averaging 3k with Realmrazer. The accuracy with the Kraken was not very good, but the multi-hit made up for it. If you're going to do this without a KC, I recommend using an item level weapon (Sharur, Aedold, Tamaxchi, Mondaha) in both main and offhand, to ensure you have good accuracy.

Even if not doing harder content like that, the Galoshes are still best in slot for TP, and all three pieces are still amazing for weaponskills.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-26 13:14:58  
Out of curiosity, what does your accuracy parse at with those sets? I ask because my sets a couple of weeks ago had similar accuracy. I parsed about 90% ACC in Marjami Colonization Reives using a Sharur main hand and a Mondaha Cudgel. Assuming my main hand was capped and my off hand was uncapped, that means my off hand would have an accuracy of 85% to make a 90% average. I also had Ionis but no food or accuracy buffs. This accuracy rating would imply that KClub has floored accuracy rates since it has no skill bonus to it, which makes it hard to believe that Kraken Club would be effective for Marjami Reiving.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Camaroz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2013-08-26 13:38:35  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Some of the new Gendewitha gear is amazing for WHM DD, especially if you want to do some harder content like Marjami reives and might be taking some damage. Each piece can augment with 3-4 PDT and Cure Cast, which are both some really nice bonuses for your TP build on WHM. Here are my new builds for difficult content, I gave up the Dual Wield bonus on ACP body to gain accuracy and survivability, and gave up the 10 accuracy on Rubeus Spats for survivability as well.

TP:
ItemSet 149320
(Gende augments total PDT-10 and CureCast-8, and still working on getting better augments.)

Realm:
ItemSet 237193

Using this build with Ionis but no food or other buffs, I was doing quite well in Marjami. I could tank 1-2 mobs without much difficulty, and was averaging 3k with Realmrazer. The accuracy with the Kraken was not very good, but the multi-hit made up for it. If you're going to do this without a KC, I recommend using an item level weapon (Sharur, Aedold, Tamaxchi, Mondaha) in both main and offhand, to ensure you have good accuracy.

Even if not doing harder content like that, the Galoshes are still best in slot for TP, and all three pieces are still amazing for weaponskills.

What's the back stats?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-26 13:39:56  
110D would probably be reasonable since that puts it inline for about 30.5 DPS with the given delay. I believe most Fracture boss weapons are around the 31 DPS mark. That would make Sharur the better main hand just because of the damage rating. Though right now I feel one of the best combinations is Sharur main hand Tamaxchi off hand just because the delay on Tamaxchi will help reduce the overall delay.

As it stands right now, Tamaxchi + Bokwus Gloves + Orison Cap +2 + Roudel = capped potency, so that opens a lot of space up for other gear to play with! =D

P.S.
25,871 posts Josi, holy heck >>;.........

[EDIT]
Bahamut.Camaroz said: »
What's the back stats?

Most likely STR + Attack because I believe that's the AMK back piece. WHM doesn't have a lot of back options, sadly :/

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2013-08-26 14:22:09  
Rancor mantle?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-26 14:26:41  
Josiahkf said: »
you can get cure potency +10% augment on the cure potency +10% skirmish II head I'm told but I've yet to see proof of it. mine never gets close to that sadly

Would love to see a screenshot of a 10% Cure Potency augment on the Skirmish II equipment. =D Otherwise, I know the biggest SS I've seen thus far is 7%

Rancor mantle?

Not in any situation you know you're gonna be face tanking mobs... though I guess I contradict that buy using a Rancor mantle everywhere I go while TPing... Tojil doesn't scare me =D Eft is a different story though >>
 Bahamut.Camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2013-08-26 14:34:00  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Josiahkf said: »
you can get cure potency +10% augment on the cure potency +10% skirmish II head I'm told but I've yet to see proof of it. mine never gets close to that sadly

Would love to see a screenshot of a 10% Cure Potency augment on the Skirmish II equipment. =D Otherwise, I know the biggest SS I've seen thus far is 7%

Rancor mantle?

Not in any situation you know you're gonna be face tanking mobs... though I guess I contradict that buy using a Rancor mantle everywhere I go while TPing... Tojil doesn't scare me =D Eft is a different story though >>

Well is anything better?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-26 14:40:30  
Well is anything better?

Refraction Cape with Realmrazer might be better just because it's 8 MND, but don't quote me on that. A well augmented back piece from AMK can get up to like 3 STR and 18 Attack I think, so that pretty much trumps Rancor on the back slot for Realmrazer as well, but requires you to beat the RNG (good luck....) .

Otherwise, not really in terms of out right damage. aesir mantle can be a poor man's Atheling Mantle or in any scenario where you know you'll always be at a risk of taking damage and don't want to take more thanks to the Rancor latent.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2013-08-26 15:32:07  
That Resilient Mantle I'm using has STR+1 Acc+2 Atk+15. Spreadsheet says it thoroughly beats a MND+8 cape on even the weaker Adoulin content, even with attack buffs.

As for the accuracy question, I'm afraid I don't run a parser. Just eyeballing it, the KC accuracy was pretty low, but I don't think it was quite floored. I'd wager somewhere in the 30-35% territory, varying. It was terrible on the Colibris for example, possibly floored. On everything else, it was more tolerable.

I'm debating doing Bokwus Slops R15 on DEX path to gain a bit more of that accuracy in my TP build, but like all plasm gear... they are so ugly!
 Bahamut.Camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2013-08-26 15:35:22  
Thanks for the tips I'll still rock rancor, ill cure myself if need be
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2013-08-26 16:14:03  
Haha ok fair enough, I stand corrected. Like most plasm gear, they are so ugly!

Gendewitha Bliaut + Bokwus Slops = criminal. Straight criminal. Especially on an Elvaan. It reminds me of Thaumas Coat + Manibozho Brais... poor monks...
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2013-08-28 15:37:22  
Update: Went to Marjami again last night and paid a bit closer attention to accuracy. My 30-35% estimate was low, it's definitely higher than that. I'd say the accuracy on the KC was closer to 50%, or possibly even higher. Still struggling with whether I can tolerate the hideous Bokwus Slops for even more accuracy...
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-28 16:06:35  
Just to put that into perspective, each R15 Bokwus equipment is about 22.5 Accuracy (11.25% hit rate), not including the DEX each piece of equipment has. I personally have R15 Gloves and R15 Slops for TPing purposes. I strongly recommend these pieces of gear for any serious melee WHM in current content.
 Phoenix.Lithical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2013-08-29 18:41:33  
I got to go ddWHM to a Tojil run earlier with some ls members. I ended up parsing 11.3% for the whole run -matamata (auspice add dmg did 4028 per hit). There weren't any scrub pug DDs, so the other 5 were all pretty high end dd

ItemSet 312178
ItemSet 312179

Idk if any of this dmg would be considered awesome, but I was shocked at how well realmrazer was doing. Only buffs for first 5 NMs were marchx2, minuet5, and fighters/chaos

I'm sure with PUG DDs, a good whm would be very comparable.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-29 18:50:11  
Out of curiosity, were you allowed to DD full time? Or were you supporting at the same time? Also, what kinda food were you using as well? I've been to one Tojil run as support WHM/NIN or /DNC (did four runs that night, was trying to figure out how I wanted to play it). I had to use Sushi in my build since I was having issues hitting Tojil consistently but did manage to whack Tojil for 6.5K one time during Blunt weak, which made me very happy.
 Phoenix.Lithical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2013-08-29 19:07:43  
I went as full time DD, but ended up hasting/esuna/viruna/paralyna out of habit a few times
 Quetzalcoatl.Phraust
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Phraust 2013-09-01 12:04:18  
This is where I am at on my Whm for slapping ***around:
ItemSet 160095

WS: (Predominately Realmrazer)
ItemSet 299939

Though most of the time on new content I am rocking the tree club in the offhand for accuracy/attack.

Gotta finish ranking up the Bokwus set, but atm it's still a lot of accuracy missing even at rank 10's for Klub in the offhand; and I don't think 15 acc and 15 dex is going to help enough.
 Leviathan.Fosco
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2013-09-13 20:47:55  
So, Fafnir was far more of a pushover than I thought he'd be...
:-/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [248 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-05-20 02:29:58  
ItemSet 319771

ItemSet 323615

ItemSet 322858

ItemSet 320970

ItemSet 320201

ItemSet 322918

meow :3

Leviathan.Fosco
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2014-05-20 08:50:09  
The Weatherspoon +1 body is looking pretty schmexy for WS.