users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Item Drop Data - FFXIDB.com
Item Drop Data - FFXIDB.com
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-09-10 17:02:01  
It would be nice if VW chest data could be collected somehow thou.
 Bahamut.Sobius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2012-09-10 17:02:24  
I don't play anymore but this is the most impressive piece of information supplied to the community I have seen in a long time. Well done.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-09-10 17:30:47  
Love this, been waiting for something like this to pop up for a while now! I did notice though that some results were a bit messed up, like the top result for slime oil is listed as 27/26 drops, due it dropping up to 2 of them.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-09-10 17:35:40  
Well done.

Fenrir.Scragg said: »

Does this differentiate between NNI and NI? For example, you can fight the same NMs/bosses in both, but you can't get the alex drop in NI.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-09-10 17:40:53  
It doesn't differentiate Porroggo Madames in Zhayolm Remnants, so I doubt it.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-09-10 17:41:48  
Carbuncle.Kunisama said: »
Love this, been waiting for something like this to pop up for a while now! I did notice though that some results were a bit messed up, like the top result for slime oil is listed as 27/26 drops, due it dropping up to 2 of them.

How is this "messed up"? It means you should be expecting 27 slime oils every 26 mobs.
 Bahamut.Vagrua
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2012-09-10 17:44:00  
I like this, but agree that some way of identifying the level of TH(if any) on the mob would be more substantial (even if just TH2 on sub and TH3-12 main). I'm unsure how you would set that up without separate columns.
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-09-10 17:44:36  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

How is this "messed up"? It means you should be expecting 27 slime oils every 26 mobs.
because its listed as 100% chance of drop because of the 27/26.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-09-10 17:48:14  
Maybe the information just needs to be presented in a different way.
For example, Glavoid Shells have a count of 4866 out of 2863.

2863/4866 are the 100% shell drop, leaving us with 1992 (4866-2863) which are the second drop. Therefore the chance on the second shell is 1992/2863, or 69.6%. It's not an accurate figure as it's dependent on if Glavoid was procced or not, but that can be said for any of the data given Treasure Hunter etc.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-09-10 18:25:05  
Considering just how many mobs and items there are and how many different ways things can drop, such as some mobs dropping multiples at less than 100% rate or one at 100% and the other at some other rate as well as others dropping 2-3 or even 5 at various rates, I'd not expect them to go through that special kind of hell to organize it in that way. I think we can all figure it out based on a decent guideline that if you fight x number of mobs, you'll get x number of drops on average. And just be careful when you see 100%.

I suppose a simple solution would be to have a special marker on anything that the numerator is higher than the denominator so it can let you know that this mob drops multiples.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-09-10 18:33:47  

Because the average drop rate is 100%...?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-09-10 18:34:43  
Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
It's not an accurate figure as it's dependent on if Glavoid was procced or not

No.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-10 18:45:32  

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Only issues I've seen so far are no drop rates on chest obtained items (which I assume in not-practical/impossible) and drop percentages only go up to 100%, where certain items have over 100% (looking at umbral marrow in particular at this)

1792 out of 1627 100%

Where one is 100%, but it caps at 100% instead of saying 110~%
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-09-10 18:51:42  

Well I was just assuming chance=100% meant you had a 100% chance of getting it, when you don't. Was just an observation, /relax.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-09-10 18:52:17  
It's not an accurate figure as it's dependent on if Glavoid was procced or not

No.

What am I missing? You're telling me procs have no effect on the drop rate? I'm 46/50 on shells and we brew Glavoid because we couldn't be bothered dealing with his moves, so if I'm wrong I'm wrong.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-09-10 18:53:27  
Procs have no effect on Empyrean item drop rates, yes.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-09-10 19:02:43  
Thank you for explaining.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-09-10 19:07:15  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Procs have no effect on Empyrean item drop rates, yes.

I thought it was yellow all this time....

/facedesk
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-09-10 19:07:56  
It's also the case that some Rare/Ex 100% drop items (like Rapidus Sax, for example) might have their actual drop rates compromised due to the fact that once everyone in the party has one, they no longer will drop on subsequent kills, no?

Not to say that is a problem for those knowledgeable about that item's drop rate, but as a resource this potentially could confuse those who might not know and are just casually examining the data.

But overall, this is a spectacular resource...and decidedly more accurate (simply by virtue of volume of data points and automation, if anything) than the user-reported drop rates on wiki.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-09-10 19:51:54  
It only compiles direct drops for very obvious reasons.
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Because they don't drop. You receive them from an NPC chest.

Whoosh. I meant because they almost never appear in a chest in the first place.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2012-09-10 19:58:16  
Accurate drop-rate data... IN MY FFXI!?!?!

MADNESS! COMPLETE MADNESS!
By QuetzalcoatlRoark 2012-09-10 20:19:46  
recommend to do this for zaldon fish
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-10 20:30:13  
I was excited about this and then I realized I like, don't need anything that direct drops anymore.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-09-10 20:38:22  
It doesn't differentiate Porroggo Madames in Zhayolm Remnants, so I doubt it.

Thats the first thing I noticed (although it was the several types of the same gears mobs)

sad face

edit: nvm,looks right on the firefox version on my laptop.When i checked earlier on my phone,the mobile version isnt very friendly to all the details
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-09-10 21:11:31  
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
It's also the case that some Rare/Ex 100% drop items (like Rapidus Sax, for example) might have their actual drop rates compromised due to the fact that once everyone in the party has one, they no longer will drop on subsequent kills, no?
I noticed this when I skimmed over Briareus. Hakke hachimaki is listed as a 93% drop rate.
VIP
By aureus 2012-09-11 00:21:17  
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
I noticed this when I skimmed over Briareus. Hakke hachimaki is listed as a 93% drop rate.

Yeah, this sort of thing can happen with rare items that are removed from the loot pool like that. It was killed and didn't drop the item, so that particular kill was marked as not having dropped the hachimaki. It's a feature :)
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-09-11 00:30:10  
aureus said: »
It's a feature :)

LOL there you go. ^^ I just recalled all the drama on the ffxiclopedia.com Charybdis/Joyeuse talk-page from long ago, when someone edited it and showed it as a 99% drop rate. :p

I would imagine the same sort of conversation occurring at some point due to this, here. :)

But TY again for putting it all together!
 Shiva.Karichan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kari
By Shiva.Karichan 2012-09-11 00:41:45  
QuetzalcoatlRoark said: »
recommend to do this for zaldon fish

So much this.

Also, could we not get VW Chest data on a per zone basis?
Scanning for "Name obtains the blahblah!" and maybe Red Spectral Alignment, and then adding the drop data to that zone's box data?
Since each zone only has one VW mob, etc.

Just a thought, though this data would probably be waaaay off unless we have a way to take into account red % for everything.
 Sylph.Sgttrainbike
サーバ: Sylph
user: Averel
By Sylph.Sgttrainbike 2012-09-11 02:10:58  
Cerberus.Stanislav said: »
The dynamic "screenshot" is very impressive.

I hate to be that guy, but it does make me wonder what other type of data is collected by GW in detail.

As said before the only private information GW Client ever collects is non-shout chat, but only if you are paying for Premium because its used for the remote chat feature.

ya right stan, we all know you want all of our infos!
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2012-09-11 02:15:00  
Notice that some of the VW are not even listed there

i.e. http://ffxidb.com/items/10928 (Ganesha's Mala) (Nor the NM itself is listed to have any drops what so ever)