Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2012-09-11 09:49:14  
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Notice that some of the VW are not even listed there

No VWNM drops are listed at all, which is because they don't drop anything. The items you get from them are from a chest. The plugin collects drop data the you get from monster kills, which doesn't apply in the case of VWNMs. If recording chest loot is gonna be added in the future, it will have to be recorded separately and it'll work differently than regular kill recording in several aspects.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2012-09-11 10:14:42  
Leviathan.Arcon said: »
Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Notice that some of the VW are not even listed there

No VWNM drops are listed at all, which is because they don't drop anything. The items you get from them are from a chest. The plugin collects drop data the you get from monster kills, which doesn't apply in the case of VWNMs. If recording chest loot is gonna be added in the future, it will have to be recorded separately and it'll work differently than regular kill recording in several aspects.

ah, very true indeed, thanks ^^

Still be nice if they updated the drop VWNM (or a Reference to it)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-11 10:37:13  
The memlocs are already known for the generic menu that VW chests use, as is the one for zone ID. As there's only one voidwatch NM per zone(barring provenance) and guildwork presumably already parses chat, you could just watch for the message saying your chest has appeared or whatever then start a thread to watch for chest menu and upload drop pool with zone ID.

Just a thought. Very neat idea in general though.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-09-11 10:44:33  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The memlocs are already known for the generic menu that VW chests use, as is the one for zone ID. As there's only one voidwatch NM per zone(barring provenance) and guildwork presumably already parses chat, you could just watch for the message saying your chest has appeared or whatever then start a thread to watch for chest menu and upload drop pool with zone ID.

Just a thought. Very neat idea in general though.

In addition, the chat log displays the final light alignment. I wouldn't be surprised if they're already working on a way to parse it (hell, they've probably gotten the code written already).
 Ragnarok.Garota
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2012-09-11 10:49:57  
Looks awesome, only things I notice missing are drop rates from BCNMs, VW and other junk you get from opening boxes.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-09-11 10:57:42  
This FFXIDB website idea is really awesome. Wish it had been around earlier; I would have probably used it lots!

Not to be overly-critical ... but one small question. What about drops from NM's that share the same name, like Ix'Aern (the DRK and DRG ones)? It looks like the fact that the two NM's share a name (but not a common drops pool, of course) messes-up the data badly:

Ix'Aern
 Bahamut.Mirya
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mirya
By Bahamut.Mirya 2012-09-11 12:37:23  
Something that I learned as a result of this site is that the beastman NMs in the CoP zones have one specific piece of AF2 they can drop... just like the NMs in Xarc. For example, Elvaansticker Bxafraff can drop only Wyrm Greaves and does so at a decent rate.

Maybe this was common knowledge, but it was news to me. Even though I've done tons of CoP Dynamis, I usually am just on the Nightmare mobs.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2012-09-11 12:55:54  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
This FFXIDB website idea is really awesome. Wish it had been around earlier; I would have probably used it lots!

Not to be overly-critical ... but one small question. What about drops from NM's that share the same name, like Ix'Aern (the DRK and DRG ones)? It looks like the fact that the two NM's share a name (but not a common drops pool, of course) messes-up the data badly:

Ix'Aern

Drop data is recorded by mob ID, but currently it is displayed only grouped together by mob name. This is because a majority of mobs with the same name also share the same loot pool (all the hares and fodder mobs, etc.).

Mob groupings/variations with the same zone and name will have to compiled manually before it can be displayed, but drop data is already collected correctly, so once name disambiguation is added, all the current drops will be divided appropriately. There's several mobs with that issue, Ix'aern and Poroggo Madame were already mentioned, Odin also qualifies (old vs. new) as do several others.

As was mentioned, TH data is also being collected up to TH3 (only trait values, no gear, no BLU or BST either). Right now it's all displayed as one loot pool, but it'll be divided by TH category eventually. This will also apply retroactively to all currently collected drops. There are, sadly, other limitations that apply to TH, so that the values we'll obtain will be approximate only. But with what limited information there is available, this is as good as it gets (and realistically, it should be enough).

Mob staggering is not being considered.
[+]
 Shiva.Karichan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kari
By Shiva.Karichan 2012-09-13 04:48:08  
As was mentioned, TH data is also being collected up to TH3 (only trait values, no gear, no BLU or BST either). Right now it's all displayed as one loot pool, but it'll be divided by TH category eventually. This will also apply retroactively to all currently collected drops. There are, sadly, other limitations that apply to TH, so that the values we'll obtain will be approximate only. But with what limited information there is available, this is as good as it gets (and realistically, it should be enough).

Are you just checking THF level for this then?
And does that mean gear TH will be thrown into non-TH pools, as well as TH4+ being thrown into TH3?
Overall fairly confusing, wish we had easier ways to track TH drops. >:
 Ragnarok.Takagi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2012-09-13 06:03:25  
Really looking forward to seeing the info it pulls from neo salvage when it comes out. granted there can still be some errors like how it was noted with the porogo madams, but salvage gear is definately one of those things where it would be nice to have accurate (or at least semi-accurate) drop rates for items.
By Chimerawizard 2012-09-13 06:37:11  
please make sure at every update that taisaijin drops something from that update.

I can't wait til a plugin is made so the targeted mob lists the items it can drop and their %
 Leviathan.Dazusu
user: Dazusu
By Leviathan.Dazusu 2012-09-13 07:12:37  
Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
It's not an accurate figure as it's dependent on if Glavoid was procced or not

Off topic a bit but... Glavoid has to be procced to increase double shell drop rate now? When did this happen?
 Bahamut.Mirya
user: Mirya
By Bahamut.Mirya 2012-09-13 07:39:32  
It never did. Shell drop rate is independent of proc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2012-09-13 11:17:10  
Shiva.Karichan said: »
Are you just checking THF level for this then?
And does that mean gear TH will be thrown into non-TH pools, as well as TH4+ being thrown into TH3?
Overall fairly confusing, wish we had easier ways to track TH drops. >:

Yes, it's impossible to get exact TH data. We're recording only what's available at kill time, so we don't know if anyone applied TH with full TH gear at start and then switched back, or whether or not TH upgraded during the fight. We also don't know if another THF in the party applied TH (unless they're also using the Guildwork plugin). In this case, though, TH value is not reported as 0 but as 'unknown'. There's a few cases like that in which the TH value is reported incorrectly. Overall we try not to report TH higher than it could be, but only lower (which still isn't always the case, but almost). That way we restrict the error to one side and we will at least get low estimates for the TH values.

In short, we do the best we can with what we have. Which, sadly, isn't perfect, but it'll give us enough data to make estimates for up to TH3 with significant accuracy. This is partly because the situations in which it's reported incorrectly should not be as frequent as the ones where it's reported correctly, and also because the class with the highest error rate (TH gear at TH2+) gives the least drop rate bonus per TH tier (TH levels over 2 do not give additional rerolls, as it seems to be the case with lower TH levels), so further deviations in that class won't be as noticeable.

We'll actually be able to calculate our measured error once we start with the TH analysis, which we can put up against previously known values. Also, some events will be more prone to error than others, which we can also use to further narrow down the measured error.
VIP
By aureus 2012-09-13 15:36:08  

Ix'Aern
I just tossed in a fix to split out data like this. For example:
Ix'Aern is data for all mobs in that zone named "Ix'Aern", but if you look under the "see also" tab, you'll see links to:
Ix'Aern[DRG]
Ix'Aern[MNK] and
Ix'Aern[DRK]
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-09-13 16:51:42  
aureus said: »

Ix'Aern
Ix'Aern is data for all mobs in that zone named "Ix'Aern", but if you look under the "see also" tab, you'll see links to:
Ix'Aern[DRG]
Ix'Aern[MNK] and
Ix'Aern[DRK]
What about the NI/NNI differences? The individual pages [for behemoth as example] are correct, but the alexandrite still shows the combined zone kills (40+24=64).

Great job on everything so far. As someone else mentioned in this thread, this is the single biggest thing I've seen come out of the community in years.
VIP
By aureus 2012-09-13 16:54:23  
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
aureus said: »

Ix'Aern
Ix'Aern[DRG]
Ix'Aern[MNK] and
Ix'Aern[DRK]
What about the NI/NNI differences? The individual pages [for behemoth as example] are correct, but the alexandrite still shows the combined zone kills (40+24=64).

Great job on everything so far. As someone else mentioned in this thread, this is the single biggest thing I've seen come out of the community in years.
take a look at: http://ffxidb.com/zones/77/adamantoise

Under the "see also" tab, you should see entries for [75] and [99], which correspond to old and new nyzul, respectively.

You'll see similar behavior with Odin, poroggo madames, and a few other NMs that we've identified as having more than one drop pool per name.

Edit: Wow, I suck at reading comprehension at 6pm...
I'll take a look at splitting it out on item pages as well.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-09-13 16:56:34  
Edit: =D
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-09-14 16:47:48  
Leviathan.Dazusu said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
It's not an accurate figure as it's dependent on if Glavoid was procced or not

Off topic a bit but... Glavoid has to be procced to increase double shell drop rate now? When did this happen?

I was corrected in an earlier post.

Basically, I suck - sorry for raising hopes :)
 Shiva.Chimera
user: Chimera
By Shiva.Chimera 2012-09-22 14:57:02  
Drop data is recorded by mob ID, but currently it is displayed only grouped together by mob name.

So if I'm reading this correctly, will it also work in the case of blu or FC burn situations where you kill double digit number of mobs and it still collects the information accurately?

And on a completely different topic? how fast does the plugin update the drop rate DB for display on the website?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2012-09-23 13:10:13  
Shiva.Chimera said: »
Drop data is recorded by mob ID, but currently it is displayed only grouped together by mob name.

So if I'm reading this correctly, will it also work in the case of blu or FC burn situations where you kill double digit number of mobs and it still collects the information accurately?

Yes. However, it does not record whether or not it was an AoE kill. So it will record everything, but does not differentiate between regular kills and BLM AoE magic, for example. That means that we won't be able to use the site's data to distinguish the effect AoE kills have on drop rate (if any).

Shiva.Chimera said: »
And on a completely different topic? how fast does the plugin update the drop rate DB for display on the website?

Usually it's live, as soon as you kill a mob it will show up on the site (with possibly a few seconds delay, depending on the connection and processing time, but should be pretty much instant). Occasionally there is some DB work that needs to be done in the background, during which time the display may be frozen until it's ready to display the new data. That applies only if whatever is going on behind the scenes would actually interfere with the display. However, kills are still being recorded during that time and the display will be updated to include the new kills as soon as the scripts are done.

This was actually the case just recently, if that's why you were wondering. But aside from those situations the site will update instantly whenever it receives new data.
VIP
By aureus 2012-10-14 12:45:44  
Bump for VW data reporting. See http://ffxidb.com/voidwatch for an index, or http://ffxidb.com/voidwatch/178 for an example
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-14 13:13:00  
lol, 0.06% chance at Coruscanti. I knew it was low but goddamn SE.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-14 13:25:37  
Does that pull data directly from the chest, or just whatever gets taken out?
 Shiva.Keyera
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2012-10-14 13:29:05  
Two Questions:

-- Do these take into account lights?
-- Why aren't Riftcinder/dross in the drop data for the applicable mobs? They're valuable and in demand enough to where they'd warrant a spot I think.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-14 13:33:49  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Does that pull data directly from the chest, or just whatever gets taken out?

Given that it shows similar drop rates on other pulse items that don't get celled as often (Heka's, Anhur), I'm inclined to think it just takes info from the box.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-14 13:35:26  
It is from the box. Lights are recorded but not displayed yet.

All the drops aren't displayed because he has selected the specific things to be displayed.
VIP
By aureus 2012-10-14 13:36:37  
Shiva.Keyera said: »
Two Questions:

-- Do these take into account lights?
-- Why aren't Riftcinder/dross in the drop data for the applicable mobs? They're valuable and in demand enough to where they'd warrant a spot I think.
Light data is collected, but the currently displayed data is an overall tally.

Riftcinder/dross are displayed, the default tab shows drops which are unique to that mob. for cinder/dross, check the other tab, or search on the item itself.
[+]