I was hoping for at least one slot to get Dual Wield+

Well, there's that katana, Uguisu... lol :D

DMG:45 Delay:190 Accuracy+5 Attack+5 Evasion+5 Enhances "Dual Wield" effect
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-12 12:45:23  
Yeah, that thing will beat Arisui in applicable situations if it's at least 3% DW. That's the coolest thing to come out of this patch. =P

New model too!

Though, I'm not entirely sure it's obtainable at this point:

Quote:
*New Meeble Burrows expeditions were also scheduled to be introduced, but have been postponed for approximately one month so that they can undergo more thorough testing.

QQ
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-28 08:03:51  
Went and checked some stuff again after the new info on set bonus info on neo salvage came.

Looking at Usukane Sune-Ate +1 again, I found that Tenryu +1 actually only wins against pretty low-tier stuff so it's probably a lot better to put Usukane +1 in the lead. Tenryu Sune-Ate+1 is pretty much just a really great Evasion piece now. A sad fate for a 40M+ piece of gear that's only been around a few months.

The 3% haste bonus on 2/5 Usukane+1 means that Usukane Hizayoroi +1 beats Koga Hakama +2 on basically everything if you have the Sune-Ate+1 since they effectively have 9% haste. Once again, you'll keep the Koga Hakama around since they're an evasion piece...
However, that is subject to change based on what happens with the Uguisu. If the Uguisu ends up having more than5% DW, the Koga +2 will still be winning in many situations. Once info on Uguisu comes along I'll change it accordingly if necessary.

Again because of the set bonus, I'd be hesitant to get Omodaka Gote for my evasion set because there's a good chance you'd probably just wear the Usukane Somen +1 and Haramaki +1 along with it.

In double March sets I think I'd use Usukane Somen +1 instead of Iga Zukin now.

k;fkaskfa;kfakf;akfs

I have no goddamn space for like these 5 different TP sets based on my haste buffs status SE, stop adding all these side grades holy ***
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-28 08:34:28  
I hate ninja!!!

But I support the guide!
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2013-01-03 00:17:50  
How do you feel about Abatteur Subligar for Blade: Shun? I haven't bothered to chuck em into the spreadsheet (or update it for that matter) and they appear to be a good choice.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-03 02:01:00  
Yeah they're better, forgot about those. Loss of a bit of attack is worth it for STR/DEX/Acc if you can get ahold of them. I guess spamming Umagrhk will cost you about the same as the amount of gil you're technically losing from running Neo salvage instead of old salvage solo, lol.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2013-01-03 02:10:30  
I never had any energy to make a ninja guide
Even after quitting :/

Sylph.Peldin
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-03 06:09:59  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
I guess spamming Umagrhk will cost you about the same as the amount of gil...
Just do Umagrhk once every 5 weeks without spending a dime. Take your extra research marks to buy stuff you can AH. Make profit, win the game, etc, etc.

But I guess nobody has the patience to run through all those expeditions again do they? lol
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-03 06:31:05  
Like they say, time is money. Lots of people find it more worth it to not have to bother with burrows anymore if they can just rush through by buying pops. Also keep in mind they're going to add in a lot of new expeditions soon so unless they lower the restock timer for pheromones they're going to be in real short supply.

I'm actually just running it like normal with my group since there's nothing from Umagrhk we're crazy about (we're mostly looking at the fast cast torques and those are a really common drop), but at a ~5% drop rate, you'd average one pair of subligar every half a year or something, which is pretty dumb IMO. That's assuming you never lose a single boss etc.

With the changes to marks they did last patch they basically destroyed making money from the event by selling Pathalassa sash/Aswang Sash because the AH is flooded with them now (they're pretty much the only two things people really buy...well, a couple people buy Sabong Earring).

If you're able to low man Umagrhk reliably you're actualy not spending THAT much since the fang actually drops pretty often. Dunno if they'll ever make the mane worth anything.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-01-08 07:50:54  
So question. I noticed for the Blade Hi set you dont have Iga Tekko +2 listed. Should those not be used at all? How come Thaumas Hands > Tekko+2 I have both but I've still been using Tekko so im curious now if and why I should switch.

Edit: Thaumas Set bonus?
By Otomis 2013-01-08 08:46:59  
Iga +2 DEX+10 AGI+10 Accuracy+8 Evasion+8

Thaumas DEX+8 VIT+8 AGI+8 Accuracy+9 (But if using legs/Head + 5 to Str/Dex/Agi/Mnd) So: Dex 13 and Agi 13 + 9 Acc.

Although I think Many still use Seiryu's Kote(+15 Agi) with Crit Aug on them.

Possible Augs:
STR +1-2
Store TP +1-5
Ranged Attack +1-2
Critical Hit Rate +1-3
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2013-01-08 09:03:58  
I believe that Mindi had some epic ones with +5 AGI also on top of the crit rate D;
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-01-08 09:04:57  
Ah ok I wasn't sure what the added stats were for set pieces. Thanks. and ya I dont have Seiryu's :/
 Lye
By Lye 2013-01-08 09:40:30  
Was the Dumakulem ring added after all?
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-08 10:19:26  
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
So question. I noticed for the Blade Hi set you dont have Iga Tekko +2 listed. Should those not be used at all?

My mistake. I was updating the guide and I usually list below the sets what I didn't put in the actual sets (I used to have Iga Tekko +2 instead of Thaumas for the outside set), so I missed changing the list there. Iga Tekko +2 work well if you don't have Thaumas for an outside set.

But yeah, it's mostly because of the set bonus. If you have Thaumas Gloves I'd assume you already have at least one other piece since just about every other piece of Thaumas is more worth your astrarium.

I'd go get a pair of Kote btw. It's not too expensive to buy the pop and you can duo him easily with a healer friend. Sub THF if you want TH, the drop rate's decently high. There's still going to be a few situations where you won't be capping dDEX outside without making major adjustments to how you gear so in those cases Kote would still be better.

Quote:
I believe that Mindi had some epic ones with +5 AGI also on top of the crit rate D;

It's possible to get that, but only from the random pool, so that's some incredible luck if he has that.

Quote:
Was the Dumakulem ring added after all?

Not yet, I added that in but was feeling lazy and didn't remove it because it's only going to be like 2 more weeks before it gets added. =P
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-01-09 08:53:51  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Quote:

It's possible to get that, but only from the random pool, so that's some incredible luck if she has that.

Yea those Agi+5 Cote were posted by me(My BF got the augment on his Kote), we got really lucky, was like the 10th augment.. what exactly are situations where those would be still usefull(beside lolabyssea)? Full Thaumas is availible.

Who is interested:
well but what i wanted to check, when not owning a Patentia Sash, cause its kinda rare and really expensive atm would Usukane pants and feet +1 still be usefull in a TP Set without sash and Tenryu Tekko +1? Mainly refering to the Set Kincard posted on page1, 2nd post, 1st set

would be anything good together with Usukane+1 Leg/Feet beside this combo? Or dont bother with it and keep at Twilight Belt/Koga+2 legs/Af3Feet(i think). Or would that "NQ" Dual Wield Belt be worth it?
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-09 12:45:06  
1. I hate you, I am super jelly of those Kote.

2. Basically dDEX is what will determine if Thaumas or Kote is better. It depends on race, though. If you are Mithra, I'd say as a really general idea you might want to stick with Kote on weaker stuff like Dynamis but throw on the Thaumas for harder stuff because you might just get pushed into the sweet spot, especially if you're eating Braver's Drink. For other races, the Thaumas is going to push you into the sweet spot on stuff like Dynamis monsters and you should wear those then, on higher level things like VW the Seiryu's might serve you better.

3. If you can get your hands on the Nusku's Sash, Usukane +1 legs + feet will win against harder things if you are not capping attack (Which Ninja usually doesn't since I doubt you're getting stuck with a BRD or COR). Against weaker opponents the Twilight Belt/Koga +2 set will continue to win, though. It also depends a bit on how good Uguisu turns out to be. Whatever the case Usukane +1 is an overall great set to have especially if you get marches.

Regardless of whether you bother with Usukane +1 Legs or not, the Usukane +1 Feet are a good investment though, IMO. If you're high on accuracy and attack the Iga +2 will still win against them, but Ninja doesn't run into that too often.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-01-09 16:27:20  
dont hate me ._.! Hate my bf! He is the nin in the family and has the kote :) i just happen to be the one who post on forum lol. He has elvaan with dex/str merits.

Ok so even when sticking to Twilight/Koga Hak +2 usu+1 feet replace Iga+2 for Tping? (unless if he is high on acc att ;) )
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-09 21:25:44  
Yeah, pretty much.

To give solid numbers for the dDEX thing, weaker enemies (DC) often have ~100 AGI and higher level enemies have something like ~120 AGI. So basically if you're near the 140-150 DEX range in your WS set your Thaumas gloves will be much better for Hi VS Kote, and for harder enemies its the 160-170 DEX range, which is really hard to reach without some really big changes to your gear. It's all dependent on you gear the rest of your set. Since Kote have crit+3 on them, the extra DEX from Thaumas needs to be adding something like 6% crit through DEX before it starts winning- with that extra 5 AGI, probably more like 8% or something. In light of that, if you were going to stick with just one, I'd definately go with the Kote.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-09 21:29:11  
DCs are usually a bit lower than 100 (95-98), Neo-Salvage bosses are somewhere around 102-105.

I doubt you're getting in the 120s until you're fighting something LV110+.

Enemies in Abyssea are set a ways higher.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-01-09 21:33:33  
Also, DC Hydra <_>;
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-09 21:36:18  
The Hydras in Dynamis have some pretty weird stats for monsters their level I guess, but I imagine stuff like THF Gobs in Burrows and such would have similar numbers for their AGI.

I think with that extra 5 AGI on the Kote, it's safe to just not consider Thaumas at all.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-01-10 01:55:41  
ok well this is his current TP Set (me thinks)

Chakram for pulling stuff, if doesnt needed i think Thatlum, in dynamis DC Nighmare mob farming he just keeps Wiglen Gorget equiped in neck instat of Rancor. He is Elvaan, mostly /dnc.. when we do VW he normally swings Bandwagnarok99, so.. its mainly about Duoing in Dynamis or Salvage currently and some Abyssea here and there when we help friends inside there.. and we dont care about inside abyssea equipment ^^; he just equips the same there lol

for WS he currently uses this:

the Kote he could equip like shown above. I tryed some time ago with the spreadsheet and i never had kote with 20Agi/3crit win against this set.. maybe i just didnt see what else to change. Or i did something wrong. Since he dont has HQ Hexed pants, Thaumas gloves in his set are like 5Str/13Agi/13Dex/8Acc Kote would be 3Crit/20Agi.

Oh and he sometimes complains about many 1st hit misses.. maybe they arent that many, but they sure are eyecatcher when they happen lol. So he would loose even loose more Acc with kote.. arrg i dont know :(!

I think he uses Anginus belt.. or maybe Windbuffet.. dont know D: HQ Hexed gear is not availible, he collects Plates/riftdross atm and there is no leftover money currently to toss 40-70M in one equipment ;)

I dont like Hydras! We normally avoid them when possible hehe
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-10 04:18:31  
Ahh, okay. If you're mostly just going to stick to Dynamis-type enemies, goes ahead and stick to the Thaumas Gloves, yeah. There's currently not anything else that can push your DEX that high without making some major sacrifice. Dumakulem's Ring will probably beat Stormsoul when that actually becomes available (in ~2 weeks or so).

Against DC Dynamis monsters basically only Mithras will get a lot of use out of those Kote. Other races don't get the base DEX needed to offset the loss of Thaumas.

First hit misses suck yeah, but it's probably selection bias like pretty much everyone that uses Blade: Hi does, lol. 1/20 chance to miss that first hit regardless of acc, gonna see some misses when you're WSing hundreds of times.
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2013-01-10 05:07:39  
Cerberus.Mindi said: »
ok well this is his current TP Set (me thinks)

Chakram for pulling stuff, if doesnt needed i think Thatlum

Use Qirmiz tathlum, pull with Ninjutsu!
 Shiva.Verohawke
サーバ: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2013-01-12 08:57:20  
How is breeze belt compared to Anguinis > Warwolf for blade:jin?
Better or worse?
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-01-12 09:02:22  
It varies greatly depending on the target. Ele. Belt should win in Abyssea, Anguinis wins when you're starved for accuracy, Warwolf wins against mid-level monsters. Out of those, I would pick Ele. Belt as the most flexible.

Wanion beats all 3 in pretty much every situation.
 Shiva.Verohawke
サーバ: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2013-01-12 09:11:09  
Thank you Kincard, I use jin inside aby and shun outside, so will get a breeze belt :)
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2013-01-18 07:03:15  
I only have 1 suggestion if my math is correct.
The Double March TP Set that you listed appears to have 27% haste when you only need 23% to cap delay reduction?

Why not swap out Tenryu Tekko+1 for Usukane Gote+1.
Then swap out Usukane Sune-Ate+1 for Thaumas Nails.

That would give you 24% haste which would still cap delay reduction and give you an extra additional 4~5% Double Attack depending on the Tenryu Tekko+1 augment.

Is the stp+9 on Usukane Sune-Ate+1 too important to sacrifice for the extra Double Attack?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 253 254 255