After-effects Of Rapture On Your FFXI Lurve

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » After-effects of Rapture on your FFXI lurve
After-effects of Rapture on your FFXI lurve
 Odin.Karusan
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-02 23:02:48  
Because people still don't realise:

Taken from http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

User submitted image
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 23:05:34  
I was joking...
[+]
 Odin.Karusan
サーバ: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-02 23:09:49  
I just meant in general people didn't know.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-06-03 00:29:40  
Argento said:
Poor Mandragora. ; ;

Also, I'll likly not quit FFXI. Might play them both side-by-side for a little while. I suppose if I like FFXIV that much more, I'll drop XI, but I'm overly fond of XI as it is.

I agree with this. One thing I hope FFXIV has is some more customization for characters without having to resort to mods. I still want blue hair gdi!! :p
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-03 00:37:31  
I havent seen Rapture... so I guess Im still hooked on FFXI.
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-06-03 01:00:09  
My decision will be based on the type of specs for the PC that this will take. I won't buy another PC just to play that MMO.

I haven't seen anything about the requirements yet.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-03 01:07:44  
Well, since it's obviously going to be PS3 and PC, I'm slightly interested. Not gonna jump ship for it immediately like some; I've never been one to be overly concerned with being first concerning things like that, actually, I'd prolly wait a while for ffxivclopedia.com to get launchedand have some activity...I don't like spending days figuring ***out, I just wanna get in there and get it done lol ^^
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-03 01:12:15  
Well I own a PS3 and I'm the type to explore. I played FFXI for the storylines because I hated the gameplay really. GRINDGRINDGRINDLEVELS! I'll likely be a first day player just to be as confused as everybody else...and have another alliance to kill gobs in a horototo ruins like area at level three like my few days playing.

...I just want to get the full exploration experience before leetist snobs appear since we're all on equal footing tbh.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-03 01:19:32  
Eternaltriumph said:
...I just want to get the full exploration experience before leetist snobs appear since we're all on equal footing tbh.

well you better be quick, I'm guessing it'll take about 2 weeks before every job already has what gear is the "right" gear, what food is the "right" food, and people are getting booted from parties for being "teh gimp"
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-06-03 01:49:28  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Eternaltriumph said:

well you better be quick, I'm guessing it'll take about 2 weeks before every job already has what gear is the "right" gear, what food is the "right" food, and people are getting booted from parties for being "teh gimp"

fact!

And to the people saying omg awesome nobody will know what to do! A 20$ game guide will probably be released fast and everything will end up on ff14 wiki while you still on character creation screen! You can play old ffxi discovering everything by yourself , just don't read any info on the web! You will have to be very quick if you really wanna enjoy "discovering" things. Anyway tt will for sure be good for the time it will last!
 Ramuh.Chelle
user:
By Ramuh.Chelle 2009-06-03 01:50:11
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Caiyuo said:
Chelle said:
Coming from a victim of a stolen character... I'd love for everybody to start over. :P
Oh you don't even need to play anymore! Potter > any other junk you could be spending time on. lol I say blow Chelle to smithereens right now and use the remanding time to go out big @Half-Blood!

*edited out some prologue stuff for hurty feelings and added a new question to OP to spruce up conversation.

Mew ;3

I don't know boss. I enjoy some of the friendships I make.. granted, I don't have friendships like I used to have... but I'm still trying to rebuild them. It's weird, now that I'm a noob, nobody wants anything to do with me. So I'd LOVE to start over on a new Final Fantasy Online game :D
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-03 02:06:38

Chelle said:
Caiyuo said:
Chelle said:
Coming from a victim of a stolen character... I'd love for everybody to start over. :P
Oh you don't even need to play anymore! Potter > any other junk you could be spending time on. lol I say blow Chelle to smithereens right now and use the remanding time to go out big @Half-Blood!

*edited out some prologue stuff for hurty feelings and added a new question to OP to spruce up conversation.

Mew ;3

I don't know boss. I enjoy some of the friendships I make.. granted, I don't have friendships like I used to have... but I'm still trying to rebuild them. It's weird, now that I'm a noob, nobody wants anything to do with me. So I'd LOVE to start over on a new Final Fantasy Online game :D

LOLNUB!

better pick the same server me and hase will be going on :o or ill call you nubnub 4ever and remind you of hw .-.

:O!
 Ramuh.Chelle
user:
By Ramuh.Chelle 2009-06-03 02:09:12

Thunderz said:

LOLNUB!

better pick the same server me and hase will be going on :o or ill call you nubnub 4ever and remind you of hw .-.

We still have like 1-2 years. >_> I'm supposed to be asleep btw. Stop talking to me :P <3
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-03 02:10:04

Chelle said:
Thunderz said:

LOLNUB!

We still have like 1-2 years. >_> I'm supposed to be asleep btw. Stop talking to me :P <3

I know,

until then ill keep /poking you ingame!

and noes I will keep talking to you O.O

/stalks ._.
 Ramuh.Chelle
user:
By Ramuh.Chelle 2009-06-03 02:12:03

Thunderz said:

I know,

until then ill keep /poking you ingame!

and noes I will keep talking to you O.O

/stalks ._.

Speaking of "stalking" I was on Ramuh's most viewed list for like 3 days straight. wtf is that?! I've dropped off of it I think, shweet.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-06-03 03:34:34  
I might switch, they may have the other jobs there that they didn't introduce here, like Geomancer, Time Mage, Defender, Sniper, Assassin, etc.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-03 06:25:14  
by then ill be getting to the point where my crafts will have hit caps, ill be starting all endgame stuff etc and be getting to the good bit of ffxi :<

But i dont wanna stay on ffxi if everyone leaves and also i think ill find it hard givin up ffxi but i recon i will and not regret it once i get into the new one
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-06-03 06:27:02  
Kyaaadaa said:
I might switch, they may have the other jobs there that they didn't introduce here, like Geomancer, Time Mage, Defender, Sniper, Assassin, etc.

Defender and Assassin were really just Paladin/Ninja variants for Bangaa/Viera in Tactics Advance. If endgame/HNMs were like they are now, Geomancer would have little function, though it'd definitely be interesting to see. Red Mage needs to become a real Red Mage, let Green Mage take care of enfeebling/enhancing and Mystic Knight {Yes, please.}
 Shiva.Nightraid
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-03 07:04:12  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Eternaltriumph said:

I give it 1-2 weeks before someone hits max level then comes on the forums and goes;
OMFG WORLDS 1ST LEVEL (75?) IM SO LEET.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-03 09:06:09  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Eternaltriumph said:

Nightraid said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Eternaltriumph said:

I give it 1-2 weeks before someone hits max level then comes on the forums and goes;
Agh, the siriz bizniz players are what are going to completely ruin the whole experience for me. As of last night BG was full of leet whiners who demanded character transfers because of all their hard work, and I just think that's almost pathetic. lol When people stop having actual fun and worry more about turning this into social dominance through leet gearz and exp, it really kills it for everyone else. That isn't to say you can't have cool ***, play well and not be a burden on others and still have fun, though. I find myself ruining my own fun in random exp parties sometimes, so I'm not innocent either.

Anyway, hopefully the sirizness calms the *** down somehow. lol
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-03 09:19:54  
Caiyuo said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Eternaltriumph said:

Nightraid said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Eternaltriumph said:

Agh, the siriz bizniz players are what are going to completely ruin the whole experience for me. As of last night BG was full of leet whiners who demanded character transfers because of all their hard work, and I just think that's almost pathetic. lol When people stop having actual fun and worry more about turning this into social dominance through leet gearz and exp, it really kills it for everyone else. That isn't to say you can't have cool ***, play well and not be a burden on others and still have fun, though. I find myself ruining my own fun in random exp parties sometimes, so I'm not innocent either.

All really true. Including the part where at times we kill our own fun. That's why I say in a MMO, breaks are good to remember what was so fun about it. And if you can't remember, time to quit. But yeah, I'm fearful to go to BG, KI, or any other site besides this one. For the most part we're chill and laid back...yet even here we heard some butthurt about it. For the most part, with a few exceptions nobody really cares to hear from, we're all mellow.

From what I understood, the people willing to say *** it and go all in XIV (really just me and Haseyo >_>) and the people who want to stick with XI have a mutual understanding of each other's view points. But as far as I know from here, only one person got anal about character swaps. But we all agree longterm POL users should get a little extra bonus...nothing to make us better than the rest in game, but an extra CS/storyline would be nice.
 Shiva.Nightraid
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-03 09:24:09  
Eternaltriumph said:
Caiyuo said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Eternaltriumph said:

Nightraid said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Eternaltriumph said:

All really true. Including the part where at times we kill our own fun. That's why I say in a MMO, breaks are good to remember what was so fun about it. And if you can't remember, time to quit. But yeah, I'm fearful to go to BG, KI, or any other site besides this one. For the most part we're chill and laid back...yet even here we heard some butthurt about it. For the most part, with a few exceptions nobody really cares to hear from, we're all mellow.

From what I understood, the people willing to say *** it and go all in XIV (really just me and Haseyo >_>) and the people who want to stick with XI have a mutual understanding of each other's view points. But as far as I know from here, only one person got anal about character swaps. But we all agree longterm POL users should get a little extra bonus...nothing to make us better than the rest in game, but an extra CS/storyline would be nice.

No offense to the hardcore BlueGartr Posters, but BG and MMORPG.com are seriously the worst place for QQ'ing.
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-06-03 10:01:37  
SE could've saved money and time by overhauling FFXI's graphics and "relaunching" it with a brand new expansion. I saw the video yesterday, and it just looks like FFXI with updated graphics. Same races. Same character models. Same type of game. While I wouldn't mind trying it out, I have no desire to buy a PS3 or buy a new computer simply for FFXIV.

Also, to quote Lethal Weapon, I'm getting too old for this ***. FFXI will most likely be my first and last MMORPG. I just don't have the time I used to have, and I don't want to level up a new character just to play a version of FFXI with prettier graphics. And if there are problems with the new game? You know it'll take SE years to even acknowledge that problems exist, much less address them.

As it stands now, there's still plenty of stuff for me to enjoy in FFXI, so I'm not going anywhere. The earliest I'll consider leaving the game is at the completion of the WoTG mission lines. If, at that point, SE behaves as if they're ignoring the game and leaving it for dead, then I'll consider leaving the game. Three content updates a year isn't enough, and I'm not impressed with SE's concept of mini-expansions (ACP was complete garbage).
[+]
 Garuda.Ishkur
サーバ: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-06-03 10:41:11  
Minusseven said:
by then ill be getting to the point where my crafts will have hit caps, ill be starting all endgame stuff etc and be getting to the good bit of ffxi :<

But i dont wanna stay on ffxi if everyone leaves and also i think ill find it hard givin up ffxi but i recon i will and not regret it once i get into the new one

I'll leave FFXI
But you can stay np... FFXI won't be empty.
There are always servers merges when the numbers go down too much. Hell I think they should merge some servers now. :P
 Remora.Narrubia
サーバ: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-06-03 10:45:28  
Eeek said:
And if there are problems with the new game? You know it'll take SE years to even acknowledge that problems exist, much less address them.

I'm under the impression FFXIV is SE's way of addressing problems with FFXI without actually admitting to them.
[+]
 Valefor.Judda
サーバ: Valefor
user: Judda
By Valefor.Judda 2009-06-03 12:47:58  
I love FFXI, me and my husband have played the game forever, we have decent equip, we have many friends, we have dedicated much time and effort... but the true is i don't feel any kind of sadness to leave it and join a new mmo like FF14, in fact we are so happy the game is coming out, many of our friends will join us there, some will not, and we will begin again from 0 wich makes us very excited about it, new stuff, new graphics, im pretty happy and cant wait to play it.

I don't know why people gives so much thinking about it, is just a game for spending time, have fun and meet friends, Having a relic or not (for example) doesn't make you a better person.

I love technology and i would like to see what is prepared for us in FFXIV!

:p sorry i tried to write the best i could but my english sux xD
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Argento
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-03 12:57:03  
As far as starting over goes, this is how I look at it:

I play FFXI simply to play the game. I find it fun, therefore I play it. It doesn't matter if I'm level 1 or 75, the game is the same. Sure, the more you do, the more opens upto you, but it's the same game nonetheless (at least to me). Hell, this character is only 6 months old, and I started from scratch after about 3 years of playing when I created him.

So as far as starting over in FFXIV, that really doesn't bother me in the slightest, because after all, it's just a way for me to keep myself entertained while I'm at home.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-03 12:57:21  
Judda said:
I love FFXI, me and my husband have played the game forever, we have decent equip, we have many friends, we have dedicated much time and effort... but the true is i don't feel any kind of sadness to leave it and join a new mmo like FF14, in fact we are so happy the game is coming out, many of our friends will join us there, some will not, and we will begin again from 0 wich makes us very excited about it, new stuff, new graphics, im pretty happy and cant wait to play it.

I don't know why people gives so much thinking about it, is just a game for spending time, have fun and meet friends, Having a relic or not (for example) doesn't make you a better person.

I love technology and i would like to see what is prepared for us in FFXIV!

:p sorry i tried to write the best i could but my english sux xD
Good post, if I had to guess I'd say this is probably an opinion most people share. Except the grouches. lol

p.s. I didn't see any problems with your english. lol I have you added @myffxi, too!

Argento said:
So as far as starting over in FFXIV, that really doesn't bother me in the slightest, because after all, it's just a way for me to keep myself entertained while I'm at home.
Werd. As long as it's entertaining I'm game. (ha) :D
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-03 13:36:01  
I feel the same way the OP does. The second I watched all the stuff, I was ready to call SE to cancel FFXI, lol. I'll stick around until release, then I'm out of here. ><;
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-03 13:49:13  
Sooo... What I see possibly happening...
People get FFXIV when it comes out...
They like it...
They sell their gil/characters...
Then they play FFXIV for a year or more from their work with FFXI. =)