Hakuryu - Can't Get Minnows!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Hakuryu - Can't get Minnows!
Hakuryu - Can't get Minnows!
First Page 2
 Asura.Rockets
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rockets
By Asura.Rockets 2012-12-18 19:17:37  
So I just recently got my Ebisu and was hoping to fish for Hakuryu but I can't get enough minnows! I try get them on the faries but they are always sold out, or only sell like 6 each. How do you get larger quantities (like 70-80)?

Easier to just craft? Seems expensive if you buy of AH or craft.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-12-18 19:19:04  
You don't say.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-12-18 19:21:59  
Sardine balls.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2012-12-18 19:22:09  
should've planned ahead before jumping onto the Ebisu bandwagon
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-18 19:35:07  
[+]
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-12-18 19:35:50  
Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget said: »
should've planned ahead before jumping onto the Ebisu bandwagon
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-12-18 19:37:19  
Siren.Kalilla said: »

Oh yes, glad I stockpiled baits etc before the 100 wagons came
 Asura.Originalkord
user: rocs42
By Asura.Originalkord 2012-12-18 20:10:41  
[+]
By Avitori 2012-12-18 20:23:58  
lol
 Asura.Rockets
user: rockets
By Asura.Rockets 2012-12-18 20:33:24  
Well that sux lol
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-12-20 06:24:33  
Fish Bastore Sardines on a mule with Sabiki Rig. Turn it into Sardine Paste and never worry about camping guilds again. Lower bite rate but who gives a ***when you can't even buy Minnows otherwise. My server is completely sold out on them every time I try going to the guilds.
[+]
 Asura.Mekaider
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2012-12-20 07:00:46  
There are lower bite rate alternatives but personally I craft them, skills are low and simple for minnows - Alchemy 30ish and Goldsmithing around 3? Most expensive ingredient on Odin is copper ingots which are easily (but takes time) made just sitting in the blacksmiths guild in Northern San d'Oria buying copper ores and synthesising in bulk for ingots.

Glass fiber is ridiculously easy if you have the skill. If not AH is usually around 20k (at least on Odin) a stack but can sometimes get lucky with guilds.

Just depends on how much free time you have and how much you're willing to eat into the profit margin for each fish.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-12-20 07:12:19  
Asura.Originalkord said: »
[+]
 Sylph.Ice
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2012-12-24 09:31:50  
Good luck with your minnow goals of 2013.
[+]
By Zatu 2012-12-24 09:40:25  
I think it's absolutely hilarious that people think there is an ebisu bandwagon, seeing as how it's been around for years, and nothing has changed to make it more worth getting now. It's not a bandwagon, people are just finding fishing to be the best thing to do because the game's content is so limited right now.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-12-24 09:43:55  
Zatu said: »
I think it's absolutely hilarious that people think there is an ebisu bandwagon, seeing as how it's been around for years, and nothing has changed to make it more worth getting now. It's not a bandwagon, people are just finding fishing to be the best thing to do because the game's content is so limited right now.

Yeah no
[+]
By Zatu 2012-12-24 09:52:03  
Cerberus.Taint said: »

Yeah no

Go on...
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-24 09:55:01  
The percentage of the endgame population that thinks botting is ok has increased dramatically. As such, there are many more of them doing the most widely available thing to afk profit - Ebisu. It doesn't help that the borderline people are watching their friends get a mil a day for botting overnight.

I'm just turning mine in to ditch Lu's and get 110, I can't really see the profit being worth the hassle any more.
By Kingzak 2012-12-24 10:14:01  
secrets of minnow:
[+]
 Cerberus.Celll
user: Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-12-24 10:20:07  
Definitely an Ebisu bandwagon, yes its been around for years, but about a week ago i went to the Glacier only to find 30+ people there pulling up haks.

As far as hak "fishing" goes, not everyone has an event LS, that can do some of the more lucrative things like ADL every night or legion. You can do dynamis to make some money, but that can get old and tedious quickly.

I just picked up my Ebisu yesterday and while i'll probably do some hak fishing, my main intention is to do Matsya for a shawl, as other crafts, while cost a bit to skill up can have a way better profit margin then sitting in glacier all day with a monkey doing it for you.
 Asura.Alkimi
user: Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2012-12-24 10:20:33  
Fish Sardine
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Fish Bastore Sardines on a mule with Sabiki Rig. Turn it into Sardine Paste and never worry about camping guilds again. Lower bite rate but who gives a ***when you can't even buy Minnows otherwise. My server is completely sold out on them every time I try going to the guilds.

You also may need to spend an hour in sky farming earth clusters to craft them. They're in short supply on my server and will save you a bit more money.
By Zatu 2012-12-24 10:25:14  
Well, I just came back from a break, so I suppose I underestimated the amount of people fishing. I just know that 2 months ago, I was fishing haks with no more than 5-7 people with me. Didn't realize it skyrocketed so much lately. I do agree that the majority of players are now finding botting to be not that big of a deal, so I guess that also plays into it.
 Cerberus.Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-12-24 10:30:30  
Well, I just came back from a break, so I suppose I underestimated the amount of people fishing. I just know that 2 months ago, I was fishing haks with no more than 5-7 people with me. Didn't realize it skyrocketed so much lately. I do agree that the majority of players are now finding botting to be not that big of a deal, so I guess that also plays into it.

When i took up fishing back in early may, I had been through glacier a few times and near the coastline it was a ghost town, maybe 1-3 people I would guess.

Now it's almost as if people are standing shoulder to shoulder doing it.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-12-24 10:34:22  
Siren.Kalilla said: »

First time I legit laughed out loud by a post on these forums in a very, very long time. Thanks for that. XD
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-24 10:37:38  
Asura.Alkimi said: »
Fish Sardine
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »

You also may need to spend an hour in sky farming earth clusters to craft them. They're in short supply on my server and will save you a bit more money.
Spend 5 minutes logging on and starting bot on sardine mule. Leave your main character logged out 4-6 hours to catch 200. Spend 20 minutes going to sky and getting earth clusters. Craft those 200 sardines into ~380 bait. 200 synths takes a bit under 2 hours. Spend 10 minutes walking to glacier. Leave your character for ~20 hours to expend all bait for around 2M profit. It might just be me, but I can't see why that's so appealing to people. There are plenty of ways to make over a mil an hour while actually playing the game, and they don't require butchering your inventory or tying up your character.
By Aeyela 2012-12-24 10:41:03  
Make it more worth your time by spending an hour or two killing worms first. Use the Zinc Ores you get to make Brass Ingots and use the Flint Stones you get to make Glass Fiber. You can then use them to craft your own minnows. It'll only cost you the price of the crystals so every fish you hook up is a profit.

Inevitably any way of making money that doesn't rely on fluctuating AH prices or waiting for people to buy your product or item is going to be popular: more so when it can so easily be botted.

Whether or not it's worth it, I'm not convinced. On Lakshmi a stack of Brass Ingots is 40k, a stack of Glass Fiber 30k so you're looking at 70k for 12 minnows. I don't know what the success/line break ratio is like with Hakuryus but you'd need to fish up 7 just to break even making your own minnows - you could just sell the materials for 70k if you're not going to fish up more than 7.

Seems like Watusa's idea is the best or just finding another source of income except for those days where you get lucky and find a billion minnows waiting for you at the guild NPC.
[+]
 Cerberus.Celll
By Cerberus.Celll 2012-12-24 10:58:24  
Aeyela said: »
Make it more worth your time by spending an hour or two killing worms first. Use the Zinc Ores you get to make Brass Ingots and use the Flint Stones you get to make Glass Fiber. You can then use them to craft your own minnows. It'll only cost you the price of the crystals so every fish you hook up is a profit.

Or you could spend a few hours in an exp party and get loaded up even offer to buy the stuff for a fair price. Craft a metric f-ton of them and be good for a few days.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-12-24 11:02:04  
charged whisker tonberries in aby konschtat desynth fiber
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-12-24 11:05:17  
I haven't found crafting Flint Stones being worth my while. There's never enough up on AH to craft enough for minnows since it's an 8:1 ratio. You pretty much have to suck it up and buy Glass Fiber off the AH and accept your losses that you'll make up in an hour or two.

I also love how any time I talk about Sardine Paste I get messages from people to "edit my post" as if Sardine Paste is some big *** top secret we can't let anyone else know or they will take all our moneyz. Everyone knows, move on.
[+]
First Page 2