フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 161 162 163 ... 224 225 226
 Fairy.Khory
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Wyrmnax
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-02 12:07:04  
When talking about 3-hit Tp with Chango, are you guys talking about actually getting 333(+) tp per hit with it? So you end with WS -> Single 100%DA attack round -> WS?

What is the "Standard" set that WAR uses nowadays?

Also - Dolichenus - any good on WAR? Or should you stick with Shining One until Chango?
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-02 12:40:13  
Fairy.Khory said: »
When talking about 3-hit Tp with Chango, are you guys talking about actually getting 333(+) tp per hit with it? So you end with WS -> Single 100%DA attack round -> WS?

Also - Dolichenus - any good on WAR? Or should you stick with Shining One until Chango?

He's special...

The "standard" is a base 5-hit (200 TP per swing), which is the WS counting as the first hit. Samurai's Roll upgrades it to a 4-hit (250 TP per swing). That's pretty much what your going to see when you play.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-10-02 14:43:25  

Dolichenus is pretty good. Using Dual Wield on WAR for a change of pace is nice.

Especially if your offhand it with that Odin Sword.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-02 15:50:40  

Dolichenus is a great starting weapon, and easier to gear around (multihit/STR/ATK/ACC) versus WSD builds. If you can gear for Shining One you might as well just do Chango IMO?
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-02 15:59:15  
Asura.Saevel said: »

He's special...

The "standard" is a base 5-hit (200 TP per swing), which is the WS counting as the first hit. Samurai's Roll upgrades it to a 4-hit (250 TP per swing). That's pretty much what your going to see when you play.

He is special because he uses Samurai + fighter's roll? That's the only special thing about his 3 hit build with 100%DA. None really asked about your opinion btw or your standards for that matter. He asked if we were talking about real 3 hit build (WS+2hits) and the answer is yes, we meant that.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-10-02 22:11:23  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

He's special...

He is special because he uses Samurai + fighter's roll? That's the only special thing about his 3 hit build with 100%DA. None really asked about your opinion btw or your standards for that matter. He asked if we were talking about real 3 hit build (WS+2hits) and the answer is yes, we meant that.

its alright. saevel just doesnt really know how war works anymore. he lacks the reading comprehension to understand what people are asking. Ironically he was recently bragging about how he was the one who suggested fighters roll with sams roll. He just got lazy and never optimized i guess. He just has a rage ***. He tries to double up on raging while masturbating by shoving his opinion at people. Sad how often he gets things wrong.
By Spaitin 2019-10-02 22:13:14  

Yes with sams/fighters roll you can get 100% da with a 3 hit build. so WS and 1 attack round on average. it is actually around 1085-1109 with the set i posted previously.

With ideal rolls(not counting crooked) you are looking at 358 per attack (x2 because 100 DA for 1 attack round) with 369-392 tp return depending on DA proccs during WS. so with a pretty wide range of Sams rolls you get a 3 hit build. If you want to stream line it further you can it can get to around 1184 tp in Ws + attack round (even more if you think about food and crooked rolls). A pretty "standard" set was posted on the previous page. a couple of them. Dolichenus is good. I like it.
[+]
By Fayona 2019-10-03 12:33:56  
I made the Spambu AXE and just wanted to play around with it, can anyone post the BIS sets for dual wield TP and WS. I found a Modified Reso set on like page 131-136ish. But didn't see TP. The search function on this site doesn't work and Google is horrendous at finding specific things in these forums. Thanks in advance
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-10-03 14:14:03  
I don't know if this is bis, but this set would give you 100% Double Attack if you don't have Fighter's Roll.

ItemSet 368892

emicho gauntlets +1: Path D
Cichol's mantle: Dex/acc/atk/DA

Ginsen probably still BiS ranged, but vanir battery gives you an extra 1% DA. Truth be told, if you're going to use multi-attack in the slot, Paeapua is probably better.

Good Alternatives:
valorous mail with 5% DA, agoge lorica +3
Any number of off hands
flamma gambieras +2

For Fighter's Roll with +7 roll as long as it is not unlucky:
ItemSet 368894

Cichol's mantle: STP, not DA
By SimonSes 2019-10-03 14:18:28  
Zantetsuken is by far a better offhand even if it makes you drop from 100%DA. Otherwise it looks good.

Not to mention Zantetsuken has 4% haste, which let you swap to Hjarrandi head and body for hybrid set and maintain 26% haste in gear.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-10-03 14:25:46  
SimonSes said: »
Zantetsuken is by far a better offhand even if it makes you drop from 100%DA. Otherwise it looks good.

Not to mention Zantetsuken has 4% haste, which let you swap to Hjarrandi head and body for hybrid set and maintain 26% haste in gear.

I keep forgetting that Sword exists because Odin so stingy... lol
By Fayona 2019-10-03 16:58:05  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I don't know if this is bis, but this set would give you 100% Double Attack if you don't have Fighter's Roll.

ItemSet 368892

emicho gauntlets +1: Path D
Cichol's mantle: Dex/acc/atk/DA

Ginsen probably still BiS ranged, but vanir battery gives you an extra 1% DA. Truth be told, if you're going to use multi-attack in the slot, Paeapua is probably better.

Good Alternatives:
valorous mail with 5% DA, agoge lorica +3
Any number of off hands
flamma gambieras +2

For Fighter's Roll with +7 roll as long as it is not unlucky:
ItemSet 368894

Cichol's mantle: STP, not DA

Awesome thank you so much!
 Fairy.Khory
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-04 12:59:33  
Can you reach 100% base DA with odin head / body? With Zantetsuken avaliable to cover the lack of Haste that might be a possibility...
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-10-04 13:13:11  
With the head you can, but you sacrifice 5% TA (roughly the equivalent of 10% DA) to do it.
By Spaitin 2019-10-04 15:37:44  
Can you reach 100% base DA with odin head / body? With Zantetsuken avaliable to cover the lack of Haste that might be a possibility...
I beleive a few pages back they posed a hjarrandi DW set. it is pretty nice. obviously behind on TP gain but very durable. Which is the whole point of it anyway.
 Fairy.Khory
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-05 16:45:59  
How does this look as a target for a Decimation set?

ItemSet 368928

Anything obvious that should be changed?

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2019-10-05 17:26:10  
its decimation, not mistral axe, ammo and fotia items are fine though could make a case for the extra atk on the wsd one if you didnt need the acc and were low on atk

as far as the set itself, think the only other ammo worth considering is Paepua one if you arent in need of the acc/atk, all pretty minor though, body wise could get better results with a strong aug'd valorous mail but if you dont want to play the augment game argosy will do fine
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2019-10-05 19:48:12  
You likely are around the average number. It's a skillchain Great Axe, mine is R15 and it doesn't get much better unless under Mighty Strikes.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2019-10-05 19:58:19  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
You likely are around the average number. It's a skillchain Great Axe, mine is R15 and it doesn't get much better unless under Mighty Strikes.
/sadness
Now to R15 Naegling. . .
Don't get me wrong, if you are skillchaining you will wreck ***. Overall it's not a bad option to have in the least.
 Fairy.Khory
By Fairy.Khory 2019-10-05 20:21:59  
What is the best WS spam weapon on WAR nowadays, if thats not Chango Upheaval? Fencer Naegling?
By Afania 2019-10-05 23:04:14  
Recently acquired Chango, so it's not R15. Does anyone have the Upheaval BiS gearset? In Ambuscade D-VD it seems to be under-powered if I'm not performing a skill chain. I can't get Upheaval to go beyond 30K. I can hit higher numbers with Naegling easily.

Edit: Can't get it to go above 20K unless I'm performing a skillchain. Where as Naegling can hit consistently at 31k~49k on its own with a Fencer build.

Should be looking at ws frequency, not just avg. 2h TP much faster than 1h without haste samba.
[+]
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2019-10-05 23:51:56  
What is the best WS spam weapon on WAR nowadays, if thats not Chango Upheaval? Fencer Naegling?
It is indeed still Chango and Upheaval, outside of MS/BR. With MS/BR up, should still be Montante +1 outside of Escha, and Raetic Algol +1 inside of Escha (both spamming Reso ofc).
Does anyone have the Upheaval BiS gearset? In Ambuscade D-VD it seems to be under-powered if I'm not performing a skill chain. I can't get Upheaval to go beyond 30K.

Edit: Can't get it to go above 20K
20k is quite low for Upheaval, assuming you're fully buffed. Either A. Your gear is mediocre or B. You're standing in front of whichever fomor you're fighting, and you're getting half your hits parried.
By Spaitin 2019-10-06 00:38:23  

Recently acquired Chango, so it's not R15. Does anyone have the Upheaval BiS gearset? In Ambuscade D-VD it seems to be under-powered if I'm not performing a skill chain. I can't get Upheaval to go beyond 30K. I can hit higher numbers with Naegling easily.

With full buffs on most targets upheaval should be 40k + on average. On most months ambu you are looking at 40k+ on stuff like neak it is more like 42k+ .What set/buffs are you using ? Naegling gets super high WS average but even with haste samba has a fairly low WS frequency compared to 2 hand weapons. Your numbers for naegling also seem a bit low tbh. I dont have any numbers off the top of my head for SB average with naegling, but i wanna say it is higher than upheavals by a good chunk. Just has a much lower frequency. (side rant i so wish we were on the club.)

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

this isnt even close to correct.

This is the current set i reccomend. A few slots have wiggle room. WSD and vit on the augment pieces.
ItemSet 367495

In the majority of content r15 Chango will beat all other spams not including the SC. With the SC chango waffle stomps other options on most content. 40k+ for non MS/BR and 70k+ for MS/BR. If you are not getting number close to that then either your gear/buffs are bad or your Gearswap is broken(that happens fairly often). If you are facing a mob with high parry or guard then that can dramatically drop it. For non r15 you should be looking at least 35k. been awhile but before R15 it was only a little bit behind montante+1 spam( which has around 38-40k average). R15 just put it a little bit ahead of montante+1 (not including SC). For MS things can change a bit.

Asura.Crowned said: »
20k is quite low for Upheaval, assuming you're fully buffed. Either A. Your gear is mediocre or B. You're standing in front of whichever fomor you're fighting, and you're getting half your hits parried.
I would say that is about half of what your average should be. assuming capped attack. Crowned brings up a good point about this months ambu as well.

How does this look as a target for a Decimation set?
That set looks good. I use this one but i dont DW often on war. Ring is probably not ideal but i like seeing the big damage spikes every now and then. Decimation has a few sets that can change gear around a bit that all do very good dmg. body can do good with dagon/argosy/agoge/val. I try to avoid argosy if possible on decimation because argosy has no defense. (which is the downside of reso spams imo. lots of argosy)
ItemSet 367314

DirectX said: »
6% WSD is 6% WSD though. Even if you were only doing 16.7k on the first hit this alone would add 1000 damage (17,000*0.06)? Will 5 STR really add more 1000 damage? Am I missing something drastic here?
On decimation I am pretty sure you are doing closer to 8.5k per hit with decimation first hit. You just end up hitting the mob 5times or so.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-06 03:25:33  
Spaitin said: »
With full buffs on most targets upheaval should be 40k + on average.

Remember Spaitin that you probably use avg with fighter's roll, which most people wont be using, so probably like 2k less than that without them?
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-10-06 04:42:10  
Even then they are still REALLY low(8-18k low). And if you aren't getting at least close to that 40k+then it goes back to bad buffs/gear(lets say 38k with sam/chaos). If buffs are a bit gimped then chaos if not I'd recommend switching to fighters roll on the second roll. If that doesn't fix it then your other buffs need to be looked at or your gear.it is somewhat hard to guess what numbers you should be looking at with non max gear and buffs. Id like to see their upheaval sets that are producing such low numbers and find out what buffs they have been using. Even without fighters they should be much higher. Naegling probably wins in sub capped attack scenario. Which leads me to believe yojimbo has bad buffs in his ambu party? Hard to say for sure. Could be gear related. But you should easily beat 20k upheavals in a MA style tp set with capped attack(i think closer to 30k). Naeglings attack bonus thing is probably really strong when attack is gimped. So my guess is party attack is gimped in their set up. They have naegling winning by 11-29k per WS. It has to be both gear AND attack i think. IDK... need more info.
First Page 2 3 ... 161 162 163 ... 224 225 226