Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-10-07 00:03:44  
nor·mal·ly
ˈnôrməlē/Submit
adverb
under normal or usual conditions; as a rule.
"normally, it takes three or four years to complete the training"
synonyms: usually, ordinarily, as a rule, generally, in general, mostly, for the most part, by and large, mainly, most of the time, on the whole;
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-10-07 00:09:12  
normally yea
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-07 00:27:22  
yea, if you're a samurai and not using that, you're not normal
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-07 00:29:35  
I assume he was referring to the HQs lol
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-07 00:30:30  
i'm aware but he's being stupid by focusing on the word "normally" as in "all samurais wear this" rather than "samurai's tp set that isn't hybrid"
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-10-07 10:37:57  
Yea referring to the HQs

"Lemme put a billion gil worth of gear.... Then call it normal."

Def not needed for this EZ game~

But yea normally would have a been a NQ set fam...

also mnks dead ; ;
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-07 21:49:28  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
then you can sit here whining about how useless monk is while the rest of the world uses real gear and plays the job in situations besides double idris geo for CP level mobs.

OMG, I don't know why I didn't think of this before now. I'm going to try to bridge the gap with you one last time due to how things have recently played out in the DRG forum. I'm not taking sides over there because I'm not invested in that job, but the negativity isn't necessary and it really shouldn't spread across every job thread. So, here we go:

You seem to not understand why using Apex mobs with known stats are useful for making baseline gear comparisons.
You also refuse to believe that my proposed gear set, which I will show again below, could cap Accuracy and Attack on said Apex mobs, let alone anything higher.
And yet you have seemingly accepted without complaint the results of Ramz's testing on Neak.

My proposed set (for your sim to run on Apex Crabs, ilvl 128-130):
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
If I could wear anything, this would be my TP set, assuming no accuracy issues. I'm missing two pieces of this. (Well, three, since I haven't made the feet yet because I'm lazy/inventory).

ItemSet 352604

The set that capped on Neak, ilvl 145:
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Did 20x Neak

Your MNK

Yourfinished TP:

Yourfinished:
Adhemar Head/Body +1 - Path B
Adhemar Hands - Path A
Herc Feet (tp) - 20 acc 4 TA
Herc Body - 15 str 25 acc 4 Crit D
Ryuo Hands +1 - Path A

BoG Frail/Fury/Torp/Fade (Idris 2x)
Marc. BMad/SMad/HMarch/VMarch (Moonbow Whistle +1)
Chaos/SAM
Boost-STR
Dia 2
Sublime Sushi
Alternate Impetus/Zerk (zerk is useless)
No Cyclas +1

Differences between the two sets:
Yourfinished has roughly 26 more Accuracy on the hands due to Path A.
My proposed set has roughly 19 more Accuracy on the feet.
Yourfinished has roughly a net gain of 7 Accuracy plus vorseals for being in Escha, bringing what would work great on ilvl 130 to the requirements of ilvl 145.

I hope this settles that the proposed set is real gear that could be used on real content assuming real buffs from buff jobs that are also using real gear for use on real content. The purpose of using appropriate buffs is to crush higher ilvl targets so they can be beat down as though they were lower ilvl threats.

I hope it also causes you to reconsider using your sim to beat down the observations that others are making in the actual game. I'm not saying eyeballing is greater than modeling, but if your sim is saying something is impossible that is demonstrably possible, something is clearly amiss.
By fonewear 2017-10-07 21:52:26  
The clear solution is to stop playing monk.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-07 22:02:03  
You seem to not understand why using Apex mobs with known stats are useful for making baseline gear comparisons.
No, I do get it, but when you reduce everything to 1, then it really doesn't matter what you're fighting. I ran your set vs a superior set in a realistic scenario and you didn't like it. and you don't use monk on anything harder anyways.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-07 22:17:07  
But that's the thing, what you believe is a superior set because of your bias isn't, in fact, a superior set. Whether that bias originates from your sim, or if you simply game the sim to reinforce your bias, in either case, it diminishes the value of your sims and their results.

Unless you feel Ramz is also doing it wrong. But, he clearly isn't because the set is working splendidly in the game. It only falls short in your sim and/or your opinion, which is suppose to predict the results experienced in said game.
Again, the purpose of a gear set sim is to predict how a set will perform without having to test it in the real environment. So regardless of how or where I use MNK, I was able to more accurately predict the performance of a set than you and your sim.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-07 22:26:29  
you do realize that double idris geo is not used on apex mobs, right?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-07 22:27:01  
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-07 22:27:20  
Is this simulator open source?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-07 22:28:59  
if you're going to make everything capped, then apex mob doesn't matter. you may as well gear to beat down wild rarabs.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-07 22:34:37  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Is this simulator open source?
pchans is, but it has quite a few errors last I saw. i haven't updated mine with the recent changes besides weapon damage ones yet.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-07 22:51:13  
Alright. I can understand the motivations for closed source although I will say that if people can't review your work there's no reason to trust it.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-07 22:52:24  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Alright. I can understand the motivations for closed source although I will say that if people can't review your work there's no reason to trust it.
I sent you a PM
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-07 22:56:57  
if you're going to make everything capped, then apex mob doesn't matter. you may as well gear to beat down wild rarabs.

That is precisely the goal of high-end strategies, gear decisions, buffs and debuffs... To make the strongest of targets as close to wild rahabs as possible. That is precisely why an accurate spreadsheet, sim, database and/or personal understanding of game mechanics is valuable--to maximize damage and trim everything else that is superfluous.

What precisely is superfluous will vary from target to target, but without knowing a baseline best DPS set, it is difficult to optimize. For example, we can all agree that Neak does not require the defensive stats of 5/5 Kendatsuba +1, so sacrificing DPS for those defensive stats is not optimal. Further, since every target in the game existed prior to Kendatsuba and those same targets have been beaten melee-style prior to the introduction of Kendatsuba, it is unreasonable to state that Kendatsuba is required to engage them.
This is not to say that Kendatsuba is not beneficial or may not be optimal against some targets. But it shouldn't be assumed to constitute all slots of a best DPS set because there are pieces available that provide better DPS. It also is not a step backwards by any means to exclude Kendatsuba +1 where it isn't optimal since what is optimal is older, less expensive gear.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-10-07 22:57:38  
Not entirely sure why people are jumping at him anyways. If you don't like the results, prove him wrong instead of just arguing lol
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-07 23:01:33  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Not entirely sure why people are jumping at him anyways. If you don't like the results, prove him wrong instead of just arguing lol
cherry is just mad his set is worse in a realistic scenario he chose.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-07 23:06:24  
But it isn't worse, in accurate theory or reality. I've shared the math. Ramz illustrated it in practice. The results of the sim have been proven to be wrong, six ways from Sunday. It must be said given that this is a guide, and people might come here... One day... To learn how to best play MNK.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gukai
user: Gukai
By Fenrir.Gukai 2017-10-07 23:09:17  
^
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-07 23:09:55  
I've shared the math
no you haven't.

Ramz illustrated it in practice
In a completely different scenario

The results of the sim have been proven to be wrong, six ways from Sunday.
No they haven't, certainly not by you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-07 23:19:17  
I'll try this again, as I feel you value your credibility and that of your sim:

1) Ramz's gear set capped Accuracy and Attack on Neak.

2) My proposed gear set is within 7 Accuracy of Ramz's set. It could also be capped on Neak, ilvl 145. It would surely be capped on Apex Crabs, ilvl 128-130.

3) Your sim, according to yourself, stated that my proposed set could not be capped on Apex Crabs.

Either the game or your sim of the game is wrong.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-07 23:23:06  
are you *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?

let me point out some major differences for you here:

Quote:
BoG Frail/Fury/Torp/Fade (Idris 2x)
Marc. BMad/SMad/HMarch/VMarch (Moonbow Whistle +1)

Using two GEO is not realistic for an apex crab, when I ran those numbers I was using a realistic scenario against your chosen mob.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-07 23:26:12  
It is perfectly reasonable to use the same buffs on a test as you would for a higher ilvl fight. The variables being refined for maximum DPS are the pieces of gear. The constants are the buffs and debuffs.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-07 23:28:15  
then it doesn't matter what mob you choose if you just make every stat in the game a 1. that's the *** point, I gave you realistic numbers vs the mob you chose based on a realistic scenario against the mob you chose, you just refuse to accept that fact.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-07 23:31:48  
No, you twist and squirm and provide horrible science because a proper set-up would conclude a result different than you want. All of the passive-aggressive comments and insults won't change this. I'm sorry you are this way about it, but at least this is here for the record.
First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178 ... 364 365 366