iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 306 307 308 ... 363 364 365
 Phoenix.Jakarai
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: jakarai
By Phoenix.Jakarai 2019-12-22 11:55:13  
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Init test on Ask Sash. 1k TP per boost. (Vere with 0 buffs).
1200 with Godhands.
3k with Relic Knuckles :D Shame you lose TP and boost on swapping weapons... still good for comedy value.

Sash needs to be worn DURING boost, so need to adjust GS rules to lock it during buff period.

Done a few more tests, zero magic and gear haste can push it out a bit, Vere goes to 1400tp for example, Malig pole to 1600tp, but essentially 15secs of boost should get you to 1K. Which truthfully is pretty decent.

how would you do that? you mind sharing your lua?
By SimonSes 2019-12-22 12:53:42  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Stupid question, but did you test if the WSD applies to all hits of the Boosted WS? I know general WSD does not apply, but I'm wondering why they would give a waist which appears to be inferior to even nq moonbow, if I'm not mistaken. So while Rua's question seems kind of silly, a good testing of that belt's WSD trait under boost should be tested to see if it is actually entranced somehow towards to WS used. It's clearly a waist for Boost and WS, it wouldn't make sense if it was ONLY a regain swap. 5 WSD is kind of weak, but would be very cool if it was during all hits.

Just curious.

That wouldn't really change anything. Even NQ Moonbow adds more than 5% damage to each relevant WS. The only exception would be Asuran Fists.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-12-22 20:39:44  
Its pretty easy to modify a standard Mote .lua as all you have to do is create a near identical set of rules to that which handles locking in the Empy body during impetus. If you understand what that code is doing, replicating the function is a snap, because it really is just another single piece modification.

To be honest, you can pretty much get away with just sticking the sash as the default waist-piece in your idle set, as that's when you'll be getting the most benefit from it.

I'm sure someone more skilled than me can put together something better, as that original .lua is full of redundant code going back years that I've sloppily mostly remarked out, but haven't bothered deleting.
 Phoenix.Amarok
By Phoenix.Amarok 2019-12-23 05:13:46  
I tried doing the cut and paste thing, in the customized idle function (using a new IF buffactive['Boost'] command). Idle sets seem to be different to engaged sets (where the impetus code is) and I haven't been able to get it to fully work yet, mainly I think because you can't "handle_equipping_gear(player.status)" like you can in engaged sets.

Best I have is it works if you do an action once boost is already on, but not as you gain the boost buff in the first place.

Would really like to be able to keep the usual -DT belt in idle set when not boosted.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-23 05:59:50  
I can't code for ***, just copying some code I see in a lua of mine (which is Selindrile based so maybe Mote's won't do this at all) but try:
Code
function job_customize_idle_set(idleSet)
    if state.Buff.Boost then
        idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.buff.Boost)
    end

return idleSet
end

and separately have
Code
sets.buff.Boost = {waist="Ask Sash"}
By geigei 2019-12-23 07:21:30  
Thoughts on crit earring? only play geo on my mnk's character.
By SimonSes 2019-12-23 07:33:13  
SimonSes said: »
Odr Earring - New BIS for Vsmite.
DianC said: »
Assuming Sherida + Odr for new BiS...?

yes
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-12-23 11:16:38  
On Mote's just
Phoenix.Amarok said: »
I tried doing the cut and paste thing, in the customized idle function (using a new IF buffactive['Boost'] command). Idle sets seem to be different to engaged sets (where the impetus code is) and I haven't been able to get it to fully work yet, mainly I think because you can't "handle_equipping_gear(player.status)" like you can in engaged sets.

Best I have is it works if you do an action once boost is already on, but not as you gain the boost buff in the first place.

Would really like to be able to keep the usual -DT belt in idle set when not boosted.

Don't forget to add Boost to the job_buff_change function, so it calls handle_equipping_gear as it does for HF and impetus.
 Phoenix.Amarok
By Phoenix.Amarok 2019-12-23 11:55:21  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Code
function job_customize_idle_set(idleSet)
etc

Yeah that's almost exactly what I tried already, except state.Buff.Boost doesn't seem to work in motes. However, adding the boost to the buff_change section did start to help, but not 100% perfect.

So I'm using
Code
sets.precast.JA['Boost'] = {waist="Ask Sash",hands="Anchorite's Gloves +3"}  --- will add more slow+% gear here also soon, and likely remove AF hands.

sets.BoostMeditate = {waist="Ask Sash"}

function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
    if buff == "Hundred Fists" or buff == "Impetus" or buff == "Footwork" or buff == "Boost" then
        handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
    end
end

function customize_idle_set(idleSet)
    if player.hpp < 75 then
        idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.ExtraRegen)
    end
    if buffactive.boost then   
        idleSet = set_combine(idleSet, sets.BoostMeditate)
    end
    return idleSet
end

Now I get the following with showswaps:
precast
hands Anchor. Gloves +3
waist Ask Sash
aftercast
hands Adhemar Wrist. +1
waist moonbow belt +1
buff_change
waist Ask Sash
<boost wears off>
buff_change
Moonbow Belt +1

So almost there, just need to see if I can stop the aftercast switching back to the default idle before the buff change kicks in.
 Phoenix.Amarok
By Phoenix.Amarok 2019-12-23 12:13:44  
That small amount of time the aftercast forces the moonbow belt back in is usually causing 1 tick of regain to be lost.
 Ragnarok.Inx
By Ragnarok.Inx 2019-12-23 15:31:42  
Yeah, buff change is always slow to process unfortunately. The quick and dirty fix is simply to leave ask as the default waist in idle so the aftercast won't force a change.

The optimal solution is to toggle in a complete minimum gear-haste idle set anyway, as that will potentially gain you more than a single tick extra.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-24 02:48:39  
From experience in my Luas (which I built on my own) you can't rely on buffactive['Buff name'] for stuff where you're gonna be really really fast.

Like a JA that you use immediately before a WS, and you want that WS to use different gear if that JA buff is up, stuff like that.

Buffactive takes time, and that time is usually higher than the amount of time that passes between JA use and WS use (in the example above).
I'm sure you guys can think of several other similar situations.
For instance I had this issue on SCH as well, if I cast a spell too fast after using Perpetuance (after which I want to midcast the following spell with different hands gear)

How to solve this?
The solution I found is through custom variables.
Create a custom variable, a boolean one is usually enough.
Set that variable to "False" by default.
Manually initialize that variable to "True" if you use that specific JA.
Then in your midcast (or precast, if it's a WS), at the end of the cycle, after the typical big, joined series of "Ifs" typical of precasts and midcasts function, just before the end of the function, add a stand alone "if" that checks for that variable.
If it's true change gear, otherwise ignore.

For JAs that wear off on use, you can set the variable to "False" in the same If that you use to equip the different gear.

For JAs that stay up for multiple uses you'll have to think about something else.
Either a "coroutine" line that automatically sets the variable to "False" after a certain amount of time or something else in the "Aftercast" or "Buff_change" function.
Personally I use a mix of everything, using the coroutine as a last stand if everything else fails because of packet losses or something.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-12-24 03:20:56  
Sechs what your doing is exactly what we recommend users do.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-24 03:52:11  
Omg I got it right for once, I deserve a taru hug now, don't I? <3
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-12-24 04:03:39  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I mean sure if that's what you want but you'll have to find a Taru to give it to you since I'm not a Taru!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-24 04:22:09  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
I mean sure if that's what you want but you'll have to find a Taru to give it to you since I'm not a Taru!
U're a female elvaan with a taru heart <3
 Phoenix.Amarok
By Phoenix.Amarok 2019-12-24 15:43:55  
The solution I found is through custom variables.

I tried with my very limited knowledge of GS lua and failed. I don't suppose you could give a code example of your description for boost, including how you set the variable to true during the JA activation.

Whatever I do, the switchback to idle always puts on my default idle set rather than my customised one, even if I literally put the equip(set) in where I think it needs to go without an IF command.

*edit* gdi, you know what I've been doing tonight, testing in town, which is a different idle set /arghhhhhh. Would still be happy with a code example tho.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-24 15:48:47  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Sechs what your doing is exactly wrong we recommend users use ashita.

;)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-25 13:37:46  
Does anyone know if Counter procs count towards Impetus stacks?
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2019-12-25 18:45:40  
Does anyone know if Counter procs count towards Impetus stacks?

They do, unfortunately counter misses also reset them as well.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-25 21:10:59  
I was looking for a way to speed up the stacks and figured momentarily popping counterstance might help
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-12-26 00:45:26  
I was looking for a way to speed up the stacks and figured momentarily popping counterstance might help

The stacks already speed up VERY quickly though? Strange that you'd want them to increase faster. Really the only thing you can do to charge it faster is keep your Acc capped and use Multi-Attack and Haste, it will charge very quickly all on it's own.

Quick note though, It's STRONGLY Advised to TP in Empy body while Impetus is up because it makes your Total-Critical hit damage climb to obscene heights. Not necessarily information for you, Buukki but for any on-lookers that might be curious.
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2019-12-26 01:22:31  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
The stacks already speed up VERY quickly though? Strange that you'd want them to increase faster. Really the only thing you can do to charge it faster is keep your Acc capped and use Multi-Attack and Haste, it will charge very quickly all on it's own.
Why would you not want to take advantage of a buff to the fullest? Idk, sounds like a dumb question to me.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-12-26 08:30:45  
It's STRONGLY Advised to TP in Empy body while Impetus is up because it makes your Total-Critical hit damage climb to obscene heights.

It doesnt matter if you tp with or without empy body. When you equip it only for WS you get Crit damage from stacks regardless.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-12-26 08:44:11  
well that’s damn good to know, I was under the same impression as yandaime.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-26 09:06:15  
Asura.Haxetc said: »
Why would you not want to take advantage of a buff to the fullest? Idk, sounds like a dumb question to me.

Because Impetus is on a 3 minute timer, and the faster I can get capped stacks the more benefit I can get out of it. Wouldn't change anything in my actual sets, still using heavy STP/MA set. But if popping a counterstance (with Chi Blast of course) will give me 10 extra swings for free, why not. I'm always trying to optimize my JA use when possible. I just lock into the Bhikku Cyclas +1 during Impetus because that extra Critical Hit Damage is nice for white damage.
By HB311 2019-12-29 02:40:12  
hey guys , i dont know what to get for 1k D points , should i get the belt or the earring ?
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-12-29 02:59:59  
It's STRONGLY Advised to TP in Empy body while Impetus is up because it makes your Total-Critical hit damage climb to obscene heights.

It doesnt matter if you tp with or without empy body. When you equip it only for WS you get Crit damage from stacks regardless.

No, I meant for TP Phase. As Buuki already outlined, it has a very noticeable impact on DPS if you don’t need the MEva from Kenda. The sheets reflect this, no random eyeballing lol.

As far as maximizing an Ability I normally agree but I’m weary when it comes to Counterstance; with my luck I’ll get TP’d right as I WS with it up and it’ll really suck lol. Kinda wonder sometimes if the AI is set to hold TP for a set time limit but “react” and shoot off when a player tries something...

I know it’s been revamped and is now a 50% cut instead of what used to be nearly floored but even 50% can cause problems imo. But I play THF a lot so maybe I’m just conditioned to be cautious? /shrug
By Ruaumoko 2019-12-29 04:53:29  

Wow, I genuinely did not know that.

That's very good to know.
By tyalangan 2019-12-29 05:28:49  

Typically, I would just trust you on this but for due diligence where is this info located besides your post above? Is this exclusive to your personal testing that you decided to share at this moment? Etc.

Thanks!
First Page 2 3 ... 306 307 308 ... 363 364 365