Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 171 172 173 ... 188 189 190
By Nariont 2020-01-19 10:32:09  
pretty much, its hard to find some kind of balance in RUN's sird set to the point ifi can get away with it ill just tag aoe/wild carrot the sleeper if possible, for initial enmity then go back to building hate through foil/JA's
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-01-19 10:43:25  
I personally use this as my "Sird" set.
You don't get interrupted if you take 0 damage.
This set with Epeo and /blu makes you take pretty much 0s from all mobs in-game.
Code
		ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
		head={ name="Fu. Bandeau +3", augments={'Enhances "Battuta" effect',}},
		body={ name="Futhark Coat +3", augments={'Enhances "Elemental Sforzo" effect',}},
		hands="Turms Mittens +1",
		legs="Eri. Leg Guards +1",
		feet="Turms Leggings +1",
		neck="Futhark Torque +2",
		waist="Flume Belt",
		left_ear="Genmei Earring",
		right_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
		left_ring="Defending Ring",
		right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
		back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'VIT+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','DEF+50',}},}

I'd put the new DEF/Parry earring in place of Genmei tbh.
This set puts me at 2780 hp and pretty much identical to tanking set.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-19 10:47:15  
Asura.Sechs said: »
If you go for BiS enmity and 102 sird aren't you gonna lose like 500 hp on each cast?
Yeah i would like to see if I could get Regal hands in there, they have a nice chunk of HP and 10SIRD but coming down 5, buts me at 100 not 102 :(
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-19 10:50:08  
Nariont said: »
pretty much, its hard to find some kind of balance in RUN's sird set to the point ifi can get away with it ill just tag aoe/wild carrot the sleeper if possible, for initial enmity then go back to building hate through foil/JA's

good point!
Asura.Shiraj said: »
I personally use this as my "Sird" set.
You don't get interrupted if you take 0 damage.
This set with Epeo and /blu makes you take pretty much 0s from all mobs in-game.
Code
		ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
		head={ name="Fu. Bandeau +3", augments={'Enhances "Battuta" effect',}},
		body={ name="Futhark Coat +3", augments={'Enhances "Elemental Sforzo" effect',}},
		hands="Turms Mittens +1",
		legs="Eri. Leg Guards +1",
		feet="Turms Leggings +1",
		neck="Futhark Torque +2",
		waist="Flume Belt",
		left_ear="Genmei Earring",
		right_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
		left_ring="Defending Ring",
		right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
		back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'VIT+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','DEF+50',}},}

I'd put the new DEF/Parry earring in place of Genmei tbh.
This set puts me at 2780 hp and pretty much identical to tanking set.
Didnt even think about trying to gear for 0 damage, obviously it assumes Phalanx is up
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-01-19 10:52:55  
Yes. I have +55 Phalanx from gear and skill, so it does help a lot.
Embolden Protect 5, Phalanx and Cocoon and you can tank Schah for a solid 5 minutes+ without any heals. Regen 4 is enough to cure you while you afk with 7 adds on you.

That's how OP that set is.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-20 03:32:22  
Asura.Toralin said: »
If you go for BiS enmity and 102 sird aren't you gonna lose like 500 hp on each cast?
Yeah i would like to see if I could get Regal hands in there, they have a nice chunk of HP and 10SIRD but coming down 5, buts me at 100 not 102 :(
Not that I want to advocate against SirD builds (which are quite neat, but I wouldn't call them "necessary" though) but if you wanna build a SirD set I wouldn't try to go for BiS enmity in the free slots.
If anything I'd go for max HP to compensate.
If you can get pieces which have enmity AND HP then it's all good, there's a couple of items like that and I'm not sure if they happen to be in one of the slots left free by your SirD build.

To recap my point:
Yes SirD builds are very nice
No, I wouldn't try to maximize Enmity in your SirD build but I would go for max HP wherever possible and consider Enmity icing on the cake and not your objective.

Note: You don't necessarily have to use SirD build for ALL your midcasting. You can be keen and put it only for specific spells or only when certain buffs are down, and stuff like that.
Some people use SirD only for Aquaveil and a couple of other things.
That way they can put up Aquaveil up 100% of the time, and when they have that up they can cast everything else even without SirD.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-20 03:38:10  
On the topic of HP again:
Losing small amounts of HP in the cycle of Precast > Midcast > Aftercast is frankly quite unavoidable, especially for some spells/actions.

When this amount starts being too big though, it becomes a real pain and personally I've started to tweak all my sets to minimize the amount of lost HP in the cycles described above.

Some items worth mentioning that are nice to put in "free" slots to compensate for HP losses elsewhere
1) Odnowa / +1 earring (~100 MP converted into HP)
2) Tuisto Earring (new Domain Invasion earring, 150mp into HP)
3) Moonlight Ring
4) Moonlight Cape
5) JSE+2 Neck
6) Eihwaz Ring (70 HP and 5 enmity)
7) Ambu cape (60-80 HP, +10 Enmity, SirD or xDT)

Keep in mind when you go this route you will also start to use the "Priority" advanced function of Gearswap for EVERY BLOODY SLOT of your sets.
If you don't, you're gonna see your HP change more than it should and wonder "why is my HP changing by 250 when the 2 sets have only a 50 hp difference?" that's why, you need to decide an order of swap to minimize the HP loss.
Yeah, it's quite an intense work, took me a *** of hours to fix all my relevant sets >_>

Note for how to use priority when swapping sets:
You need to tell Gearswap which pieces to swap first. If you don't he will swap in order Main > Sub > Ranged > Ammo > Head > Neck > you get the idea.
When going from Set1 to Set2 you need to set your priorities so that FIRST you swap the slots where Set2 has more HP than Set1. From the one with the most surplus HP to the one with the least, then the slots with the same HP, then the slots where Set2 has less HP than Set1, starting from the one with the least difference and last the slots with the highest negative HP difference.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-20 10:54:00  
How you get 90HP on Ambu cape?! This a galka thing?? :fume:
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-01-21 11:22:45  
Keep in mind when you go this route you will also start to use the "Priority" advanced function of Gearswap for EVERY BLOODY SLOT of your sets.
Were you actually able to get that working?

It seemed to me like whenever I tried to set multiple priorities on a single set, they were never honored by Gearswap. Only the very first thing I set priority on gets swapped before everything else, then it would resort to the normal order after that.

I'd be curious to see your Lua if you got it working, to see how you did it. Maybe I'm just using it wrong...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-21 12:20:25  
It took me so many hours of work to fine tune but yes, it works. If you have any specific question I can be of help mayhap?
Posting my lua wouldn't help but I can copypaste a few sets as an example to give you an idea.

@toralin
It's 80 not 90 I mistyped, sorry
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-21 16:30:10  
Ok Pergatory here we are, posting a few of my sets, hoping I didn't pick wrong ones that I forgot to update lol.
Keep in mind ***I do not have BiS gear/sets*** these are just examples so you can maybe tell which small mistakes you were making while attempting to use the priority system.
Picked the first sets I found. First is one of my idle sets, it has 2975 HP, second is my generic magic precast set with 2896 HP, third is my Temper midcast set with 2874 HP.

In theory at the end of my cast I was supposed to find myself at 2874 HP, but I was finding myself in my Idle set but at much lower HP and given the HP of my precast set I was wondering why.
Then I found out the reason was the default gear swapping order, which is why I started to deply the priority thing to some of my sets, like I explained in my previous post.

Here's an example of the 3 sets below

Hopefully that helped?
Keep in mind that for augmented items or items with aliases (in my example you can see this happening with the Ambuscade capes) you cannot use the priority system.
Or well, if you can I don't know how to do it xD xD
This means that those slots will be equipped in the canonical order but AFTER the items with a priority set.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-22 13:31:00  
For Max MEVA set do people prefer SU3 body or AF?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-01-22 13:40:57  
Asura.Bippin said: »

AF +3.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-22 13:46:36  
Personally AF+3, but I think Ashera Harness is a solid alternative.
Compromise, sure, but it offers more freedome in the other slots and in fights with frequent Paralyze it's even better.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-22 14:04:39  
Alright picked up SU3 body for AM TP, was wondering if I could get some other use of it. Need to work on just buying Ashera Harness to be honest.

Throw this set together for MEVA/DT. But only able to get 48PDT.

ItemSet 370961
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-22 14:07:56  
If you're not going to use purity ring for the Meva, I'd say you could probably get away with gelatinous ring +1 for the extra 2 PDT. Unless the Moonlight Ring gives you a specific HP threshold you want.

Or alber strap/mensch strap/mensch strap +1 if you want.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-22 14:13:07  
Oh yeah I could use Gelatinous ring thank you.

I use Purity ring in my MAX MEVA set.

Edit: Hmm... Gelatinous ring puts me under MDT cap with shell up
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-22 14:27:15  
Oh yeah I could use Gelatinous ring thank you.

I use Purity ring in my MAX MEVA set.

Edit: Hmm... Gelatinous ring puts me under MDT cap with shell up

Is MDT a concern in this set? If so, maybe swap eabani earring for odnowa earring +1 that should put you at 49% for Shell V (with Sheltered Ring). If it's shell 4, you probably need more.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-01-22 16:37:56  
You're sitting at either 128/256 or 127/256 MDT depending on what Gelatinous Ring is and assuming you have Sheltered Ring on for ShellV.

Sheltered Shell V is 80, DRing is 26 and Torque+Tathlum together is 24(I'm too lazy to test them separately) So that puts you at 130/256 and then Gelatinous Ring will either be 2/256 or 3/256. Other 1% DT gear is 2/256 so you should be exactly capped with Sheltered Ring.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-22 17:01:21  
Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
You're sitting at either 128/256 or 127/256 MDT depending on what Gelatinous Ring is and assuming you have Sheltered Ring on for ShellV.

Sheltered Shell V is 80, DRing is 26 and Torque+Tathlum together is 24(I'm too lazy to test them separately) So that puts you at 130/256 and then Gelatinous Ring will either be 2/256 or 3/256. Other 1% DT gear is 2/256 so you should be exactly capped with Sheltered Ring.

Lol, I knew I was missing something... I didn't account for Tathlum.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-01-22 17:41:44  
Ok Pergatory here we are, posting a few of my sets, hoping I didn't pick wrong ones that I forgot to update lol..
Awesome thank you for posting your stuff! I'll take a closer look at my Lua tonight and compare it to how yours is, and see if maybe I can get it working this time.

It might've been the augments screwing me up.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-01-22 18:21:07  
With very little DT consideration, I use this set which could be improved by Turms Subligar +1

ItemSet 355626
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-23 03:43:52  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Ok Pergatory here we are, posting a few of my sets, hoping I didn't pick wrong ones that I forgot to update lol..
Awesome thank you for posting your stuff! I'll take a closer look at my Lua tonight and compare it to how yours is, and see if maybe I can get it working this time.

It might've been the augments screwing me up.
It's not just augmented items but any "alias-ed" item.
I.e. when you put the Alias in place of the item name.
Alases are used for, well can use them for whatever you want, but tipically to discriminate between items with the same name but different augments.

As I mentioned before I don't think you can use the priority system with aliases. The regular way, at least, doesn't work.
If there's another alternative way to use the priority system even with aliases I don't know, we should ask people like dlsmd on BG or Chiaia/Byrth/Elizabet here on FFXIAH!

Let me know if you managed to make it work!
It's a huge, huge, huge pain in the *** though. I don't suggest doing it for every single set in your Lua because you're gonna go crazy. Do it for the important stuff.
Remember each time you change an item in your sets, you're gonna have to revise the priority order because chances are you will have to change some numbers...
Yeah it's a pain.
Wish we received HP+ mostly as a job trait and HP+ on items was limited only to a very small bunch of them.
This is one of the side effects of the level progression system in FFXI past 99 being added through items.
It's not a big deal for most jobs but, as we've been discussing in these last posts, it can be quite a pain for a tank.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-23 07:48:21  
I remember years ago, the priority was mostly used for BLM in Death mode with Idle/FC/death sets to maintain MP for your death cast. It was a PAIN to get working
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-23 08:42:56  
It can be very time consuming yeah, and each time you update your sets, you need to re-check all the pieces from the Previous set (the one leading into the set that you're currently editing) and then all the slots in the current one, all to uphold the logic I expressed before: when going from Set1 to Set2 you need to swap first all the pieces of Set2 that have more HP in the same slots, starting from the one with the most to the one with the least, and then you proceed down until the last piece in the priority list is the one with the biggest HP loss.

Then when you edit Set3 you have to do the same but using Set2 > Set3 with the logic.
Then again from Set3 > Set1.

And this express the logic of Idle/TP > Precast > Midcast > back to Idle/TP.
In my Lua I looked for a compromise. I edited the TP/Idle sets I use 90% of the time, the the Precast set then a bunch of Midcast sets that I use a lot, the rest has no priority and honestly I don't consider it a big deal.

Losing >500 HP by swapping on EVERY spell you cast is a thing.
Losing >500 HP by swapping like every 5 minutes is what I consider an acceptable compromise.

So yes it's a huge pain and realistically you can do this only for a bunch of things. Expecting to do and MANTAIN such a priority thing for ALL of your defined sets is madness.
By Zerowone 2020-01-23 10:17:18  
I wasn't aware that my old lua was linked in the BGwiki Runefencer guide. Which I don't really have a problem with. Just was never made aware until I stumbled across it. It needed to be cleaned up. I went ahead and cleaned it up and added notations while trying to keep it simple yet hinting at slightly more advanced conditionals in comments etc. Just putting out there for anyone that's looking for a basic Rune lua.

https://pastebin.com/7tDdpebj
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-01-23 10:56:02  
You should be able to use the alias system with priority, you would just have to treat it kind of weird.
Code
gear.myitem = {name="My Item",augments={'My Augment'}}

sets.myset = {
  head = {name=gear.myitem.name, augments=gear.myitem.augments, priority = 14}
}

That would still look better and be more readable than spelling out the augment every time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2020-01-23 13:10:56  
I've been doing mine like this to keep my sets uncluttered. I guess I'll double check later to make sure it works.
Code
Od_Ear16={ name="Odnowa Earring +1" ,priority=16}

Code
sets.myset = {
ear1=Od_Ear16
}
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-01-23 13:28:05  
To those who are trying to do priorities in gearswap you don't actually have to set every item in each set in priority.

What I do is only prioritise the HP items which stop my HP from bouncing around. All of my sets are within 200 HP of each other, aside from dps sets ofc. But it works.
Here is an example of what I mean.

Everything switches perfectly and will save you a ton of time.

Code
     sets.precast.JA['Vivacious Pulse'] = set_combine(sets.enmity, {
		head="Erilaz Galea +1", 
		legs="Runeist's Trousers +3",
		back={name="Moonlight Cape", priority=3},
		ring1="Defending Ring", 
		ring2={name="Moonlight Ring", priority=2},})
First Page 2 3 ... 171 172 173 ... 188 189 190