April 29th Update for RNG
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Florian
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Florian17
By Asura.Florian 2013-04-29 13:07:45  
Ranger

The job trait Recycle may now be learned at level twenty*.
Recycle occasionally allows ranged attacks without consuming ammunition.
* The trait is learned at level twenty, but the effect will increase in stages at higher levels.

The ability Scavenge now enables the recovery of specific amounts of ammunition expended.
* Only ammunition expended in one's current area may be recovered, with the amount recovered varying dependent upon one's level.

* Changing areas, logging out, or recovering one or more pieces of ammunition resets the ability.

The recast time for Scavenge has been reduced from five minutes to three.

The group one merit point enhancement Scavenge Effect replaces what used to be Scavenge Recast.

Scavenge Effect increases the chance of finding ammunition by a certain percentage per merit point.

The group two merit point enhancement Recycle Rate replaces what used to be Recycle.

Anyone else really excited now?
[+]
By Antonaki 2013-04-29 13:11:33  
I would be more impressed if they added quivers for the new ammo.
[+]
By Chyula 2013-04-29 13:26:02  
Iron arrows are too cheap for me to bother hitting that scavenge button. If they really want to help rng/cor ammo cost then make the materials available for cheap through npcs.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2013-04-29 13:26:49  
This is amazing update :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-29 13:36:44  
There are three things we need to know:

-Potency of recycle with/without merits.

-Did they nerf scout's beret +2 augment. If so, how much.

-Potency of scavenge (with/without merits). Need to check the hunter's socks too (damn more space issues).

Side-note, but I'm glad CORs got the trait as well. I remember someone posting on the off. forums that COR would not get recycle.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-29 13:38:36  
*** I might actually shoot things on COR now!
[+]
 Asura.Florian
By Asura.Florian 2013-04-29 13:38:50  
Bismarck.Helel said: »

-potency of scavenge

Side-note, but I'm glad CORs got the trait as well. I remember someone posting on the off. forums that COR would not get recycle.

Yes I am intrigued as well, however I am hoping they stick to the supposed 90% recycle rate the devs have stated for the future, which I am assuming you will hit 90% w/ Scout's Beret +2.
By Chyula 2013-04-29 13:42:59  
Asura.Florian said: »

-potency of scavenge

Yes I am intrigued as well, however I am hoping they stick to the supposed 90% recycle rate the devs have stated for the future, which I am assuming you will hit 90% w/ Scout's Beret +2.

I don't know, at 90% + scavenge it'll crash the market.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-29 13:49:28  
Chyula said: »

-potency of scavenge

I don't know, at 90% + scavenge it'll crash the market.

Then craft your own ammo. There's plenty of materials available on the AH to do so. The ores/ingots are used for things other than bullets.
 Bismarck.Nesumi
user: Homa
By Bismarck.Nesumi 2013-04-29 14:34:04  
Items list is here

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/April_2013_Version_Update_Changes

What is this ***?... I hope it's crossbow and not a gun lol.

Illapa Rare/EX
Marksmanship
DMG:135 Delay:432
Ranged Accuracy+35 Ranged Attack+25 Enmity-5 "Subtle Blow"+10
RNG
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-29 14:38:36  
So there's some pretty redonk guns/xbow and bows introduced.

Illapa: DMG:135 Delay:432 Ranged Accuracy+35 Ranged Attack+25 Enmity-5 "Subtle Blow"+10

Echidna's Bow +1: DMG:249 Delay:582 Ranged Accuracy+41 Ranged Attack+31 "Store TP"+5

Delay on the gun is pretty amazing.* It looks like bows will now have higher base damage though. Only problem is you'll have to use apex arrow.

*Can't tell from the wiki page, but I'm actually starting to believe it's a crossbow? In that case, it's not as great as I hoped.

In either case, it looks like switching over to bow for pure damage might be a possibility. Yes I know, /shocked.
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-04-29 14:46:58  

-potency of scavenge

They already said the first time the announce it that they are aiming to 90% recycle with gear.
By bcider 2013-04-29 14:47:59  
Looks like bow is king again. 250 dmg bow vs 100 dmg gun. If theres no new bullets gone is fair behind in base dmg.
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2013-04-29 14:48:01  
Nahtirah Trousers DEF:80 AGI+20 Ranged Attack+30 Evasion+20 Enhances "Snapshot" effect.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-29 15:04:04  
Scout's beret +2 is NOT nerfed. Getting 26 TP per every shot almost.

23 shots, 2 bullets used. Still testing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-29 15:06:25  
I just used scavenge and it put 3 bronze bullets back into my inventory, not stacked into current ammo, so make sure you have space when you use it. I fully merited scavenge and used hunter's socks.
 Asura.Aikchan
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-04-29 15:11:05  
Scout's beret +2 is NOT nerfed. Getting 26 TP per every shot almost.

23 shots, 2 bullets used. Still testing.

well 77 shots to go!.. but can say 90% proc rate just to be safe
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-29 15:20:34  
100 shots, 10 bullets used exactly (with scout's beret +2). I only used scavenge after the 100 bullets were shot. It gave me 8 bullets back. So out of 100 shots, I used only 2 bullets. I don't think RNGs will ever have to worry about ammo costs again. Scavenge is on a 3m recast now, so I could have used it much earlier.

Edit: I just used it again and it did not give me any additional bullets. It appears that it will only return bullets to you that have been used since your previous scavenge/zoning. So basically, make sure to use it as much as possible if you want to retain the max amount of bullets.
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-04-29 15:27:10  
Ya, bought an stack of Sleep bolts, 100 shots 93 bolts left.. forgot to use scavenge.. lol, well time to use some Damascus Bullets... and WTH will I do w/ 41 Adaman Bullets Pounch...
[+]
 Asura.Florian
By Asura.Florian 2013-04-29 15:35:27  
Asura.Aikchan said: »
Ya, bought an stack of Sleep bolts, 100 shots 93 bolts left.. forgot to use scavenge.. lol, well time to use some Damascus Bullets... and WTH will I do w/ 41 Adaman Bullets Pounch...

You never have to worry about ammo again :D and I quickly bought some damascus bullets before they ran out.
 Asura.Aikchan
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-04-29 15:43:23  
Asura.Aikchan said: »

You never have to worry about ammo again :D and I quickly bought some damascus bullets before they ran out.

Bought some Ingots, just have to wait till my friend w/ Alchemy get on to make them
By Chyula 2013-04-29 16:01:16  
So there's some pretty redonk guns/xbow and bows introduced.

Illapa: DMG:135 Delay:432 Ranged Accuracy+35 Ranged Attack+25 Enmity-5 "Subtle Blow"+10

Echidna's Bow +1: DMG:249 Delay:582 Ranged Accuracy+41 Ranged Attack+31 "Store TP"+5

Delay on the gun is pretty amazing.* It looks like bows will now have higher base damage though. Only problem is you'll have to use apex arrow.

*Can't tell from the wiki page, but I'm actually starting to believe it's a crossbow? In that case, it's not as great as I hoped.

In either case, it looks like switching over to bow for pure damage might be a possibility. Yes I know, /shocked.

Incoming Ebow price increase because it'll need it to craft the new Echidna bow :)
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2013-04-29 16:14:47  
Refulgent arrow is the new Last Stand! No, seriously, the dmg rating on the new bows is unbelievable. The fact that they didn't nerf Scout's+2 is just icing on the *** cake.
 Phoenix.Tsuekasa
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zantherr
By Phoenix.Tsuekasa 2013-04-29 16:33:08  
Well for sure I will need to step my efforts at getting my Scout's Beret and start obtaining Thoughts for it (only 61 Ranger atm).

Only sad part about all this is will make me less gil when I get my Woodworking up high enough. Plus side, I can now use the expensive ammo and not worry too much about it.
By Ronsoranger 2013-04-29 21:26:00  
I'm going to apologize ahead of time for this not being the idle place for this type of question, but I haven't found the list of new items that was posted anywhere else.

Why do all these new weapons have insanely overpowered base damages?

Is there something I am missing? Or an explanation for it?

I know they mentioned adjusting R/M/E, but even with that, does that make every Magian Trial weapon or non R/M/E weapon completely obsolete?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-04-29 21:28:27  
Ronsoranger said: »
does that make every Magian Trial weapon or non R/M/E weapon completely obsolete?
Not until someone actually gets one of them. They're all obviously a threat to the standard weapons of yesterday, but that doesn't mean to much until that first guy obtains it.

As to why these weapons are insane, no one actually knows, and we aren't meant to even know they exist.
 Phoenix.Kristiania
サーバ: Phoenix
user: JCCanezo2
By Phoenix.Kristiania 2013-04-30 03:31:30  
With 5/5 merits, scout's beret,and Libeccio Mantle. What kind of Recycle % are we looking at? I'm assuming you had Scout's Beret and 5/5 Merits and were getting close to 90%. 95-100% with Libeccio? Hah.

Edit: Just found more stuff with Recycle on them. I mean, are we looking at over 90% Recycle with things like the mantle, entois trousers, merits, and the beret?
[+]
By Antonaki 2013-04-30 04:10:21  
Blah blah weapons.. blah blah recycle.. wheres the effin quivers and pouches!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-30 07:56:51  
Antonaki said: »

why do you need a quiver or pouch, when it takes you a week to use a full stack?

Also, how does Augmented Kheper Jacket fit in now, will it beat Emp+2 body for LS now?
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-30 08:07:29  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Antonaki said: »

why do you need a quiver or pouch, when it takes you a week to use a full stack?

Also, how does Augmented Kheper Jacket fit in now, will it beat Emp+2 body for LS now?
Helel said that Khepri Jacket would lose to Sylvan Caban +2 if that answers your question. I don't think it would beat Khepri body but I do believe it beats the Kheper body. Kheper Jacket with the WS dmg +4% aug is definitely your new Coro body if you don't have Khepri.
First Page 2 3