Cerberus.Sephrin
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-05-04 18:16:12  
Bismarck.Yanto said: »
any idea when the fix is coming
i wont play without this working at all
is there any other way to send because after windower 4 came out, i can't use xi-utils to send anymore.

now lua send is not working ! i am stuck

maybe there could be an option to go back to an older hook when the new one plays up like this..
lol
By Viertel 2013-05-04 20:37:57  
This is the reason I hate software that auto-updates and doesn't allow the end user an option to turn that off (especially with something that's built around a crash prone POS like PoL).
 Phoenix.Innina
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-05-05 10:29:28  
I just rolled back my Hook to the previous version and Send works again. Albeit, it's a pain in the freaking a** to keep replacing a hook that keeps replacing itself every launch. /sigh
 Fenrir.Divinian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2013-05-05 11:02:20  
Phoenix.Innina said: »
I just rolled back my Hook to the previous version and Send works again. Albeit, it's a pain in the freaking a** to keep replacing a hook that keeps replacing itself every launch. /sigh
How did you do this? I am willing to try anything at this point.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2013-05-05 11:13:56  
More specifically, where did you get the old hook?
 Phoenix.Innina
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-05-05 11:22:02  
I went to my windower folder, right clicked on Hook.dll. Went to properties, selected the tab Previous versions. Completely logged out of game then went ahead with the roll back. Grab the file and copy it somewhere safe. When you open the Windower client again it will update the hook to the newest version which you dont want.. so after POL launches just replace the new hook w/ the old. Over and over again everytime u log in. As far as sharing the hook.. I'm not good w/ file sharing. Perhaps if ppl don't wanna go thru the rollback process one can give me a website to share the file at.
[+]
 Sylph.Ice
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2013-05-05 11:26:39  
The only hook mine's able to roll back to is 4/3/2013. Anyone able to host the second to most recent on a site?
 Phoenix.Innina
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-05-05 11:27:28  
Hook 4.0.0.26

Skip the rollback steps and just replace the hook w/ this one after every POL launch. I'm not sure how long this will stay hosted. I've never shared a file before and this is what I saw using Google. lol

Mega.co.nz Hook Link
[+]
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2013-05-05 11:33:52  
Hook 4.0.0.26

Skip the rollback steps and just replace the hook w/ this one after every POL launch. I'm not sure how long this will stay hosted. I've never shared a file before and this is what I saw using Google. lol
Damn, I have no previous versions. I know nothing about hosting a DL, so hopefully Ice or another kind soul can help us out.

edit: I was beaten!
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2013-05-05 11:34:50  
Thanks so much Innina.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-05-05 11:37:58  
Hook 4.0.0.26

Mega.co.nz Hook Link
So do you replace before you launch, replace after you launch, and if after, do you replace after you log in the first char, or until you have them all logged in?
 Phoenix.Innina
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-05-05 11:44:11  
Replace after u launch and the windower client goes thru the update process. If you update before its just going to be overwritten. Right now with 2 characters I'm replacing the hook right before the POL screen for Char 1 then fully logging in.. Then going back and relaunching windower and replacing the hook again after the update for char. 2. It's alot of work but its the only fix I know. Hopefully that answers your question.
 Phoenix.Innina
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-05-05 11:45:25  
In short.. just replace everytime you hit POL after a launch in windower.
 Phoenix.Innina
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-05-05 11:56:12  
Did this fix help you guys?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2013-05-05 13:07:17  
You cant use a straight to pol profile to do this. I was having problems replacing the file, till my friend told me to run the launcher, then load pol
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2013-05-05 13:19:37  
Thank you so much, much appreciated. Right after I posted that, I hit the gym so just got back to see if it was hosted.
 Bismarck.Yanto
サーバ: Bismarck
user: yanto
By Bismarck.Yanto 2013-05-05 14:18:20  
wow just got in from work and seen this and gave it a go and it works great
well done for thinking of this
i am going to leave my pc on and wont have to mess around again for a while

on another note have you seen all the updates/addons they got going on on this windower 4.
it going to have every thing you could think of at this rate
well done
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-05-05 15:06:18  
In short.. just replace everytime you hit POL after a launch in windower.
I get
"The action can't be completed because the file is open in another program"
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2013-05-05 15:10:41  
Did this fix help you guys?
Well send works after I swap the hook file, but I can't get my controller to function properly after doing it. The controller will only work for one character even after switching windows or using swithmon. Very sad!
 Phoenix.Innina
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-05-05 15:20:29  
Try swapping the Hook.dll after plugin updater in windower but before POL opens. Someone said if you use a shortcut to launch a windower profile it wont work. So just load up using normal Windower.exe. I'm not having issues swapping hooks but someone said they were.
 Phoenix.Innina
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-05-05 15:22:29  
That is a bummer for sure.. I wasn't sure what the new Hook update fixed. At any rate by the time people get through using this temp fix there will be a update for send to fix the hook issue. It's been 4 days now and there's posts on the bug tracker for lua website.. Sucks when half my macros were send commands for my alt in salvage q.q
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2013-05-05 15:37:12  
So I found a fix for the fix concerning the controller issue. This will also make it so you don't have to always copy and paste the hook into the windower folder.

Simply turn off wifi (or ethernet) while windower boots up and it will not download the new hook (this will require one copy paste of course). Just make sure you do this fast for the second character or the first character will DC. This fixed my controller issue and its nice not to have to copy the hook into the folder each time.

Thanks again!
[+]
 Phoenix.Innina
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-05-05 15:41:19  
Well that's great. I'm gonna try that next time I log out. I took the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE route trying to set permissions for the Hook.dll so it won't replace itself but Windower either crashed or overwrote itself. :<
By doublesbrian 2013-05-05 16:11:58  
I haven't tried it but can't you just open windower 3 times and then replace the hook? or open it 3 times without internet, then activate internet then launch each ffxi from there without any problem? Seems kind of silly to overwrite it multiple times in a row. or keep flipping net on or off.

I used 3 as an example but it could be for any amount of dual boxing.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-05-06 10:21:39  
Got an update to hook.dll that was pushed out this morning, and Send is working as it used to again.

Thanks guys!
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-06 15:55:45  
Bismarck.Tragedie said: »
Got an update to hook.dll that was pushed out this morning, and Send is working as it used to again.

Thanks guys!

That's great news. Thanks guys. Its much appreciated.
 Sylph.Zangdar
user: Zangdar
By Sylph.Zangdar 2013-05-09 05:40:12  
Hey guys it is broken again? Can't have it to work this morning.
 Cerberus.Jebonsen
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jebonsen
By Cerberus.Jebonsen 2013-05-09 06:12:39  
not working for me aswell after latest update
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-05-09 07:22:15  
Confirmed broken again after the latest update. Well at least they know what the issue was last time so should be fixed sooner than the last one hopefully :)
 Phoenix.Innina
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-05-09 15:21:50  
Broken again ~_~