Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 20 21 22
 Bismarck.Dmaul
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Dmaul
By Bismarck.Dmaul 2013-09-06 13:32:41  
Sorry for my ignorance but are you able to use a game controller for the pc version i.e. the Logitech Playstation version controller?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-06 14:03:25  
Bismarck.Dmaul said: »
Sorry for my ignorance but are you able to use a game controller for the pc version i.e. the Logitech Playstation version controller?

As long as you have the software that allows you to use controllers on your pc yes. I use my normal playstation 3 six axis controller to play ffxiv. works fine *though in the software i use to enable controller use I have to say its a xbox 360 controller or else ***gets messed up*
 Bismarck.Dmaul
user: Dmaul
By Bismarck.Dmaul 2013-09-06 14:09:47  
Awesome. Thank you for the reply /bow
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-06 14:45:56  
Also in the character or maybe system configuration you will have to switch the buttons to show ps3 buttons instead of xbox. or else your hotkeys will have the xbox XBAY or whatever.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-06 16:39:00  
How do i copy and paste from in game to like google translate or something? Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt :/ Im stuck on a jp server so im trying to use it to get a better chance at groups for relic lol :/
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-06 16:40:25  
Just highlight via click and drag and then Ctrl+C for copy and Ctrl+V for paste.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-06 16:43:52  
hmm doesnt work for me it works in game fine to paste but wont paste outside of the client
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-06 17:50:59  
I have a question. all dungeon raids are locked in the sense that you always have to have a balanced party 1 tank, 2 DD (I hate saying dps)and 1 healer. or something like that right? my question is as arn it put me as a DD. What about smn and sch? I assume smn is DD but sch looks like a healer to me. Is it classified as such?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-06 17:51:42  
yes
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-06 17:55:05  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
yes

Ah ty. Was just wondering because I assume if they introduce drk it will be with an already established class such as gld or mrd. which both seem to be classified as tanks. Was kinda worried drk would be a tank instead of a DD.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-06 22:03:59  
Random thing to complain about but whats with the hands in this game? mainly the fingers. they look so weird.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-06 22:50:17  
Male miqo'te look like they have rigor mortis, lol.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-09-06 23:29:55  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
Random thing to complain about but whats with the hands in this game? mainly the fingers. they look so weird.

Direct X9
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-09-06 23:45:49  
I have a question. all dungeon raids are locked in the sense that you always have to have a balanced party 1 tank, 2 DD (I hate saying dps)and 1 healer. or something like that right? my question is as arn it put me as a DD. What about smn and sch? I assume smn is DD but sch looks like a healer to me. Is it classified as such?
If you let the Duty Finder build your group, it will always be one tank, two DD, and one healer. If you build your own and enter, you can pick any four people and try that way. In Phase 3, I did a Sastasha run with two tanks, a healer, and me on PGL.
By Quiznor 2013-09-07 01:35:48  
Question about the relic quest. I have to turn in X weapon with 2x Y materia melded onto it. If I rtade in a HQ weapon,do I get the +1 relic? Or is that something different down the line?
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-07 04:45:05  
You need 900 mythology tomes to +1 a relic
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-07 04:46:58  
Man I must suck as whm. That final fight was tough xD lost the first one and almost lost teh second one. would have lost if i wasnt already lvl 50 with benediction >.>
By Quiznor 2013-09-07 08:15:01  
Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »

*** my life

Also where is the next quest after ifrit hard?
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2013-09-07 10:54:22  
Is PLD useful? I'm stuck in a FFXI mentality where it had very little use. Is that the case for 14?
VIP
By Kalila 2013-09-07 11:01:52  
It's incredibly useful required as far as I can tell.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2013-09-07 11:09:14  
Kalila said: »
It's incredibly useful required as far as I can tell.
Beautiful! Thanks for the prompt response. The game has been amazing so far, and wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time haha.
 Bismarck.Aselin
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-09-07 11:15:15  
Basically it's grouped like so for dungeons:
Tank:
- Gladiator/Paladin

Damage dealer:
- Marauder/Warrior
- Pugilist/Monk
- Lancer/Dragoon
- Archer/Bard
- Arcanist/Summoner
- Thaumaturge/Black Mage

Healer:
- Conjurer/White Mage
- Scholar

According to SE, they consider this balanced, and it really does emphasize the "holy trinity" of MMORPGs-- tank, healer, damage dealer. So, yes, Paladin is not only useful but pretty much required. Unlike in FFXI where Paladin tends to be used in very, very few situations as of late such as pulling a Delve boss, sacking or holding Delve NMs, or tanking a Wildskeeper Reive NM, Paladin in FFXIV is pretty much required in practically all the dungeon runs. And, in similar fashion, Gladiator pre-level 30.

In one of the latest interviews with Yoshi-P, it was mentioned that if they added another job like Thief or Ninja, it would have to be where situations would require such a job. Not only that, it would require re-balancing everything, and a lot of work since job storyline and job guild quests have to be added.

Where would a Ninja or Thief fall under in that "holy trinity" above? Ninja and Thief are damage dealers?

Hopefully that answers your question. (Also, Scholar is a pretty kick-*** healer.)
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2013-09-07 11:25:35  
Bismarck.Aselin said: »
Basically it's grouped like so for dungeons:
Tank:
- Gladiator/Paladin
- Marauder/Warrior

Damage dealer:
- Pugilist/Monk
- Lancer/Dragoon
- Archer/Bard
- Arcanist/Summoner
- Thaumaturge/Black Mage

Healer:
- Conjurer/White Mage
- Scholar

According to SE, they consider this balanced, and it really does emphasize the "holy trinity" of MMORPGs-- tank, healer, damage dealer. So, yes, Paladin is not only useful but pretty much required. Unlike in FFXI where Paladin tends to be used in very, very few situations as of late such as pulling a Delve boss, sacking or holding Delve NMs, or tanking a Wildskeeper Reive NM, Paladin in FFXIV is pretty much required in practically all the dungeon runs. And, in similar fashion, Gladiator pre-level 30.

In one of the latest interviews with Yoshi-P, it was mentioned that if they added another job like Thief or Ninja, it would have to be where situations would require such a job. Not only that, it would require re-balancing everything, and a lot of work since job storyline and job guild quests have to be added.

Where would a Ninja or Thief fall under in that "holy trinity" above? Ninja and Thief are damage dealers?

Hopefully that answers your question. (Also, Scholar is a pretty kick-*** healer.)
MRD/WAR is considered tank.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-07 11:48:17  
Quick question. I was told by SE prior to buying FFXIV that it was a one-time purchase. I bought it for PS3 (pre-ordered through gamestop) because I didn't have a PC capable of running it well with the idea that when I did or got a PS4 I could play on either of those.

I now have a decent PC but Mog Station is telling me I need to purchase the PC version in order to play on PC. It's Saturday, so I can't get ahold of SE on the phone and they're taking a long time to respond via Email.

Any thoughts?
By Quiznor 2013-09-07 11:57:53  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Quick question. I was told by SE prior to buying FFXIV that it was a one-time purchase. I bought it for PS3 (pre-ordered through gamestop) because I didn't have a PC capable of running it well with the idea that when I did or got a PS4 I could play on either of those.

I now have a decent PC but Mog Station is telling me I need to purchase the PC version in order to play on PC. It's Saturday, so I can't get ahold of SE on the phone and they're taking a long time to respond via Email.

Any thoughts?

SE is correct,they just worded it poorly.

Unlike XI where you could get a code for any ONE platform,and use it to play on all THREE,for XIV you need specific codes for specific platforms. Buy a PC copy,you can only use it on pc. Same applies for ps3 copies. If you buy both however,they can both be added to the same account,and you can use account (and all characters on said account) on both platforms.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-07 12:09:21  
Quiznor said: »

Any thoughts?

Unlike XI where you could get a code for any ONE platform,and use it to play on all THREE,for XIV you need specific codes for specific platforms. Buy a PC copy,you can only use it on pc. Same applies for ps3 copies. If you buy both however,they can both be added to the same account,and you can use account (and all characters on said account) on both platforms.

I actually asked specifically if I would have to purchase it again in order to play on PC or PS4 and they said I would not. I'm guessing I got hosed by a summer intern. >.>
By Quiznor 2013-09-07 12:12:05  

Any thoughts?

I actually asked specifically if I would have to purchase it again in order to play on PC or PS4 and they said I would not. I'm guessing I got hosed by a summer intern. >.>

Oh,right,PS4. I'd assume it's the same as the ps3 issue I listed. Makes sense really to assume that,not that the whole system makes sense at all =\
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-07 12:43:07  
Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »

*** my life

Also where is the next quest after ifrit hard?
Same NPC (Provided you killed him already)

Im currently on the Garuda Hard part of Relic quest so i wont know 100% about the 900 myth tomes till prolly monday as i work 12 hour shifts on the weekend but ill let you know
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-09-07 13:03:50  
pretty sure pc does not need a code, but i ps3/ps4 version requires a code to be tied to your PSN account.

so if you buy it on ps3 you can just DL a pc copy via torrent and play on both.

but you cannot just borrow someones ps3 disc and play the game on yours. I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

so when the ps4 version comes out, in order to play it you will have to purchase it. (i can see that thing selling like hotcakes already, first ps4 game to be priced at 39.99$ >.>;)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-07 13:17:06  
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
pretty sure pc does not need a code, but i ps3/ps4 version requires a code to be tied to your PSN account.

so if you buy it on ps3 you can just DL a pc copy via torrent and play on both.

but you cannot just borrow someones ps3 disc and play the game on yours. I'm pretty sure this is how it works.

so when the ps4 version comes out, in order to play it you will have to purchase it. (i can see that thing selling like hotcakes already, first ps4 game to be priced at 39.99$ >.>;)

I have it active on PS3, I just downloaded the client for PC but even after logging in with my SE account, it asks for a registration code, so I went to mog station to see if I needed to enable something. It shows that I can add PC access to my account, but also asks for a registration code. Still waiting on a response via email.

Edit: account system is down for maintenance, but there is an actual line that says to purchase the PC version... Seriously...
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 20 21 22