Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
Random Question Thread (FFXIV:ARR)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2013-09-08 18:06:15  
Aye the levequest cap is 100... which I'm currently at.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-09-09 01:54:54  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Phoenix.Jiluun said: »
Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
Phoenix.Jiluun said: »
Does anyone understand how the Lotting system works. Trying to understand how it decides if you Need it or not. Also wondering if what I am hearing is true about Need always overlots Greed.
Need always wins vs greed and you can only need if your current job can equip it. Sucks for those with multi 50s :(

Ok Exactly what i thought til we had a run that an All Class Ring was Greed for me that I could use for my DPS Lancer but the TANK WAR had it as need for him. Made us think theres more to this Need/Greed than just the fact you can wear it.
I've run across this same issue. There was an All Class ring that would not let me roll 'need'. It would've been very useful to have.

On another note, what should I name my chocobo?
The stats on the accessories are optimized for certain roles (tank, melee DD, mage). So even though they're equipable by all classes, the need/greed system will only let you need if it's meant for the particular role you're playing.

not only this, but i think i remember somewhere about them saying that there are some type of restrictions with the need lotting system so you cannot need every item drop. @krizz, do you remember if you happened to roll a need on the previous drop?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-09 03:26:29  
i've need lotted everything on war, but it was all war/pld only gear and an axe. the only thing i've been unable to need roll is disciple of war gear. i can need roll the chain mail type armor that drg is one but not mnk, for example
By starfish 2013-09-09 05:13:04  
hello all, just wondering while i am getting closer to 45, where do you hunt your artifact gear for lvl 45 that i see people wearing? I noticed a bard was wearing while we trying to get him a clear in the lvl 41 stone vigil dungen so its cleared not main quest. btw i am a paladin if that makes any difference ty !
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-09-09 05:27:06  
starfish said: »
hello all, just wondering while i am getting closer to 45, where do you hunt your artifact gear for lvl 45 that i see people wearing? I noticed a bard was wearing while we trying to get him a clear in the lvl 41 stone vigil dungen so its cleared not main quest. btw i am a paladin if that makes any difference ty !

After you unlock your job stone, there is job quests for 35, 40, 45(af head hands leg feet), 45 (skill iirc) and 50 (body, skill).
By starfish 2013-09-09 05:31:19  
ok
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
starfish said: »

After you unlock your job stone, there is job quests for 35, 40, 45(af head hands leg feet), 45 (skill iirc) and 50 (body, skill).
ok thats cool, ye i did the 35 40 ones. its nice they do it in a quest like that, i wonder how hard is it , ty for help!
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-09-09 05:57:14  
Does any know or have a good list where the levequests are and the levels? Or know of a guide?

I'm specifically looking for tradescraft leves. Thanks for any help!
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-09 07:46:29  
Im quite curious why they are doing maint again for 10 hours and not adding more servers. Gungnir was fine till they decided to open up the server to create more chars..

The easiest solution is to allow server transfers imo that way people will go to the new server etc
By Quiznor 2013-09-09 07:48:30  
Im quite curious why they are doing maint again for 10 hours and not adding more servers. Gungnir was fine till they decided to open up the server to create more chars..

Version update + server fixes,instance fixes,etc

It's all in the notes if you had read it.

Quote:
At the following time, in order to add new content to Worlds, enhance instance Worlds, further enhance Duty Finder performance, and to address several confirmed issues, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds.

During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below.

*Because we predict a login rush right after maintenance completion, you may experience a 1017 error. If this happens, please wait awhile and try to login again at a later time.

*Details on the addressed issues will be posted separately.

[Date & Time]
Sep. 12, 2013 from 0:00 to 10:00 (GMT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

Bolded that for you
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-09 07:49:24  
Quiznor said: »

Its also not fixing the problem of people logging in and if you cant log in what is there to fix

Thats like fixing a motor when the transmission is blown it makes no sense
By Quiznor 2013-09-09 07:54:43  

Its also not fixing the problem of people logging in and if you cant log in what is there to fix

Oh,you're one of the people that expected INSTANT and 100% fixing last week? I've got nothing for you but this then

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-09 07:57:39  

Oh,you're one of the people that expected INSTANT and 100% fixing last week? I've got nothing for you but this then

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forum.php
to be fair if they added more than 3 servers to begin with it wouldnt be a problem. Really? 3 servers and you had to close digital downloads? Yea you knew you needed more
By Quiznor 2013-09-09 08:02:44  
It's not -just- that. Whatever they did to change/upgrade the hardware,the overall population cap on each server is now higher. Essentially making the game capable of holding more people at once,even on the same number of servers,let alone 3 more. Also,the servers and upgrades/updates have been proving more and more stable,and the character login issues are going down,and the character creation caps are coming off gradually. When I looked this morning I think there was only 5 servers NA/EU still restricted,as opposed to all/nearly all of them last week.

But yes,3 servers is a bit weak,regardless of if the numbers panned out or not.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-09 08:09:07  
It's not -just- that. Whatever they did to change/upgrade the hardware,the overall population cap on each server is now higher. Essentially making the game capable of holding more people at once,even on the same number of servers,let alone 3 more. Also,the servers and upgrades/updates have been proving more and more stable,and the character login issues are going down,and the character creation caps are coming off gradually. When I looked this morning I think there was only 5 servers NA/EU still restricted,as opposed to all/nearly all of them last week.

I generally have no issue logging in except like now which is understandable since its jp primetime i guess im just annoyed we still cant transfer despite knowing they said mid sept like for forever now :/
By Quiznor 2013-09-09 08:13:37  

I generally have no issue logging in except like now which is understandable since its jp primetime i guess im just annoyed we still cant transfer despite knowing they said mid sept like for forever now :/

Because it's still the start of september >_> And I'm sure fixing the servers are more important than transfers. I'd assume the mid september (I dont keep up with the transfer news) was probably given before the servers exploded? And ***happens,stuff gets delayed and pushed back.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-09 08:24:45  
think it said mid sept during early access
By Quiznor 2013-09-09 08:30:21  
think it said mid sept during early access

Quote:
This is an optional paid service that allows characters from active service accounts for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn to be transferred to a World of your chooosing.
* Due to fluctuations in World populations, certain Worlds may not be available for transfer.
* World transfer service is scheduled to begin mid-September.

That's from the lodestone page. Not sure when that info was added,or if there have been more recent devs posts about it.

And to use your own argument against you....

Why allow people to trasnfer to a different server when you cant log in on a different server anyways.

Let them fix the game first,add optional services second. If you dont like it? You're free to stop playing. Or if you continue to play,it's obviously not as big a deal as you're making it out to be.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
user: Esequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2013-09-09 09:40:38  
Anywhere in the UK actually have the PC version in stock? *** you SE, you make me want to play it then destroy me by not having any stock anywhere. I vowed never to play this again after the 2010 shite, but now i wants my precious.
By Quiznor 2013-09-09 10:08:35  
Bahamut.Lordesequiel said: »
Anywhere in the UK actually have the PC version in stock? *** you SE, you make me want to play it then destroy me by not having any stock anywhere. I vowed never to play this again after the 2010 shite, but now i wants my precious.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00DB4BU9W/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1378739287&sr=8-1

took of all 2 seconds
 Bahamut.Lordesequiel
user: Esequiel
By Bahamut.Lordesequiel 2013-09-09 10:36:48  
Let me rephrase, anywhere in the UK have stock that isnt selling the standard edition at an inflated price (£19.99 in most places but no stock) or the collectors edition at a reasonable price (I.e under £50).

Like this:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-collectors-edition/365-7037.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=365-7037

But its not atcually in stock >.>
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXIV
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-09-09 10:55:13  
Anyone have information on the 2.0 Relic Weapon quest? All I've found is the name of the quest and the NPC you get it from and their location, but not any information on the quest/questline itself. I would like to know what I should be prepared for before I start it, if possible. Focusing on Dragoon and Paladin for the moment.
サーバ: Sargatanas
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-09 11:23:25  
Dalmonn Highwind said: »
Anyone have information on the 2.0 Relic Weapon quest? All I've found is the name of the quest and the NPC you get it from and their location, but not any information on the quest/questline itself. I would like to know what I should be prepared for before I start it, if possible. Focusing on Dragoon and Paladin for the moment.

You're Welcome
[+]
サーバ: Phoenix
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-09-09 11:28:25  
Ravant Lehnsherr said: »
Dalmonn Highwind said: »

You're Welcome

Thank you sir! Bookmarked that forum for future reference.
[+]
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-09 11:42:40  
Is there a cap on Tombstones of Philosphy? I know there is one for Myth.

Edit: Just did the math for Darklight gear and dear god please tell me Philos isn't 300/week too...
By Quiznor 2013-09-09 12:09:01  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Yeah, it appears so, but I was told before I bought it for PS3 that I would be able to play on PC/PS4 as well without purchasing the game for them. So, we'll see what SE says when they get back to me.

/sigh

They've already said it multiple times that you need to buy seperate ones for each platform. It's in the official notes >_>

Everyone just jumped on the assumption train that it was like XI instead of reading the actual XIV notes >_>

Well,post back when you officially hear back what I just posted anyways~

Edit: Direct from SE XIV site for you.

Quote:
Play Cross-Platform with Windows PC & PlayStation 3 Users
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn is available on both Windows PC and PlayStation 3, and players from both versions will be able to play together regardless of the version they purchase!
Logging into the Same Account on both Windows and PlayStation 3
It is possible to play with the same account on both Windows and PlayStation 3 platforms. Customers who own a copy of FFXIV for Windows and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. Similarly, customers who own a copy of FFXIV for PlayStation 3 and wish to use their account on the Windows version will need to purchase a copy of the Windows version. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time.

Now while it doesnt mention PS4,it's pretty safe to say it'll 99.9% work the same way. Add a new platform with a new code.

Quoting myself for this guy,saw it in another thread.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/09/final-fantasy-xiv-ps3-players-will-upgrade-to-ps4-version-for-free-ps4-beta-starting-in-february/

You still need a pc code to add pc access though
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-09 14:16:20  

Edit: Just did the math for Darklight gear and dear god please tell me Philos isn't 300/week too...
philo has no cap
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-09 14:56:47  

philo has no cap

thanks!
By Kimble2013 2013-09-09 22:37:52  
For PLD, do I just want to put all my points into Vit?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-09 23:23:10  
Kimble2013 said: »
PLD is odd.

VIT is HP, STR is damage dealt and damaged mitigated via parry and shield block, and DEX is block rate.
By Quiznor 2013-09-10 04:19:39  
Ragnarok.Xenophire said: »
Kimble2013 said: »
PLD is odd.

VIT is HP, STR is damage dealt and damaged mitigated via parry and shield block, and DEX is block rate.

Full STR is what everyone preaches anyways
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22