Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 153 154 155
By malakef 2019-08-05 12:03:23  
Shining sucks bad without buffs but since Ejin always has buffs it looked stronger than it was. It’s still a great option, provided you are buffed, for none Masa WS spam and really nice for pierce weak targets. I’d never make it before I made a naegling or tauret for other jobs.

But let’s not short sell it either. If the rest of your gear is where it should be you can get great mileage out of it while waiting for your Masa upgrading to be finished.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-08-05 18:38:28  
too bad I'm too lazy to work on my sim much
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-06 02:56:11  
Putting some finishing touches on the SAM sheet. Been gone for 2 years so I looked for what I could on REMA WS damage testing, but just to confirm, the augment WS damage from R15 weapons (more notably Amano and Koga) is multiplied at the very end of the equation, correct?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-08-06 03:07:01  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Putting some finishing touches on the SAM sheet. Been gone for 2 years so I looked for what I could on REMA WS damage testing, but just to confirm, the augment WS damage from R15 weapons is multiplied at the very end of the equation, correct?
Yes, I'm the one that did the testing. REMA Aug Testing
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-06 03:09:44  
Yeah, that's the thread I found when looking it up. Alrighty, then.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-06 08:07:48  
Well if anyone's still using the old 2017 sheet, here's an update:
- Added Physical Damage Limit adjustments along with the JSE necks' influence on the trait. Accounts for both NQ, +1 and +2 necks.
- Added Kaja Lance and Shining One stuff.
- Added Rank 15 REMAs.
- Accounted for the extra TP return from WSs while wearing Sakonji Domaru while Overwhelm is active.
- Added accuracy set bonus with Regal Ring and AF +2/+3.
- Added Honor March

Feel free to let me know if anything looks odd/wrong or whatever.

Link.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-08-06 08:16:01  
malakef said: »
Shining sucks bad without buffs but since Ejin always has buffs it looked stronger than it was. It’s still a great option, provided you are buffed, for none Masa WS spam and really nice for pierce weak targets. I’d never make it before I made a naegling or tauret for other jobs.

But let’s not short sell it either. If the rest of your gear is where it should be you can get great mileage out of it while waiting for your Masa upgrading to be finished.

SO only requires that you be around 2K TP when you use Impulse Drive. Seriously Impulse Drive sucks at 1K but has Savage Blade like TP scaling. You don't need Rogues roll to make it worthwhile, just insane TP gain and a penchant for being at or around 2K when you WS. Weakness is that it can't SC worth a damn, though there is a simple 3 step that does make darkness. R15 Masa is better as a general purpose weapon, SO is till worth it for when someone doesn't have a R15 Masa or is fighting piercing weak targets.
By malakef 2019-08-06 18:43:04  
Well if anyone's still using the old 2017 sheet, here's an update:
- Added Physical Damage Limit adjustments along with the JSE necks' influence on the trait. Accounts for both NQ, +1 and +2 necks.
- Added Kaja Lance and Shining One stuff.
- Added Rank 15 REMAs.
- Accounted for the extra TP return from WSs while wearing Sakonji Domaru while Overwhelm is active.
- Added accuracy set bonus with Regal Ring and AF +2/+3.
- Added Honor March

Feel free to let me know if anything looks odd/wrong or whatever.

Link.
Thanks for this. First glance it looks solid. Only two oddities one of which may be me seeing something wrong. First tho the GEO bubble values are all for Idris except for fury which is for Dunna. Figures you might want to make them consistent.

Secondly, Fudo damage seems off. And yes I know the augments for Val gear are basically null in the file. Beyond that though and even when I update to what I have the Damage from Fudo is considerably less than what I experience in game. Haven’t gone through the formulas yet but wanted to see if you had looked at it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-06 19:02:29  
First tho the GEO bubble values are all for Idris except for fury which is for Dunna. Figures you might want to make them consistent.
I'll change it next time I make an update, but it doesn't seem like something that needs immediate fixing since users are free to change the values to whatever they want.

Secondly, Fudo damage seems off.
I'll triple check it when I'm free later tonight.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-07 15:03:46  
For some reason Fudo's fTP values at 2k and 3k were incorrect; not sure how I never noticed that through all the other updates I've pushed through. Shoha's 2k and 3k were incorrect as well. However, I also noticed I was giving Fudo a 10% bonus twice as if it were a Relic or Mythic, whoops. Both of those issues are fixed, but overall Fudo damage didn't increase that much; perhaps you're WSing at higher TP more often than the spreadsheet presumes you are. Either that or I'm being really blind. Also adjusted Fury's default value to equate to Idris. Lastly, fixed an issue with Amano's and Koga's augment WSD and had relic aftermath apply to Amano R15.
Sorry 'bout that, and thanks for bringing the issue to my attention as it helped me find more things to fix than just what you were wondering about.

New link.
By malakef 2019-08-13 08:10:28  
For some reason Fudo's fTP values at 2k and 3k were incorrect; not sure how I never noticed that through all the other updates I've pushed through. Shoha's 2k and 3k were incorrect as well. However, I also noticed I was giving Fudo a 10% bonus twice as if it were a Relic or Mythic, whoops. Both of those issues are fixed, but overall Fudo damage didn't increase that much; perhaps you're WSing at higher TP more often than the spreadsheet presumes you are. Either that or I'm being really blind. Also adjusted Fury's default value to equate to Idris. Lastly, fixed an issue with Amano's and Koga's augment WSD and had relic aftermath apply to Amano R15.
Sorry 'bout that, and thanks for bringing the issue to my attention as it helped me find more things to fix than just what you were wondering about.

New link.

Those small changes actually add up once you throw on the proper augments from Val. Results look better. I did notice one odd thing though. I had clicked off Frailty and my damage actually went UP which lead me to discover there was an issue with the pdif calculation. I haven't gone through to see where the issue lies yet but its there. Thanks for your work on this.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-13 13:35:51  
Those small changes actually add up once you throw on the proper augments from Val. Results look better. I did notice one odd thing though. I had clicked off Frailty and my damage actually went UP which lead me to discover there was an issue with the pdif calculation. I haven't gone through to see where the issue lies yet but its there. Thanks for your work on this.
Thanks, I found the issue. Needed another pair of parenthesis in an equation so it added before multiplying.
Link.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-08-13 14:50:17  
It looks like it's still using incorrect pdif caps.
 Bismarck.Sterk
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-13 15:14:00  

Huh. Did GK recently change to h2h's ratios or was it always like that and we never knew until recently?

Anyway, here's that fix.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-08-13 15:20:33  
It was always like that, but when it seemed like all the 2-handed weapons were the same, people (understandably) stopped testing the rest.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-08-13 20:40:59  
For anyone that uses my sims, I have been updating them (slowly) to a new look with more features and options. This is what the song and rolls look like so far, obviously still need to add options such as crooked cards and soul voice.

Compared to my older version, this will support minimum TP in cases you want to compared holding TP, adds archery WS options, addition of shining one functionality, custom fight duration, separate sets for WS and Aftermath activating WS, and more.

More importantly, it's slightly less ugly.

[+]
 Phoenix.Faloun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2019-08-14 07:44:20  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
For anyone that uses my sims, I have been updating them (slowly) to a new look with more features and options. This is what the song and rolls look like so far, obviously still need to add options such as crooked cards and soul voice.

Compared to my older version, this will support minimum TP in cases you want to compared holding TP, adds archery WS options, addition of shining one functionality, custom fight duration, separate sets for WS and Aftermath activating WS, and more.

More importantly, it's slightly less ugly.

There can we find that ?
By tyalangan 2019-08-14 08:38:09  
It’s not updated, yet.

https://github.com/CaseyMakes/Simulations
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-08-14 12:28:30  
my old one is still available at the link he just linked but lacks some features of the new one. the way the old one was made wasn’t very user friendly and wasn’t worth updating. easier to just write from scratch and can more easily future proof the newer one
 Asura.Cedbixler
user: cedbixler
By Asura.Cedbixler 2019-08-21 10:36:04  
Hello quick question, I was looking through zan/hasso tp sets and some sets show +2 neck and some show moonbeam/moonlight. I know +2 is best for WS but does moon win out for tp on zan/hasso?
By Taint 2019-08-21 11:23:36  
Asura.Cedbixler said: »
Hello quick question, I was looking through zan/hasso tp sets and some sets show +2 neck and some show moonbeam/moonlight. I know +2 is best for WS but does moon win out for tp on zan/hasso?

Moonlight is probably old sets before +2
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-08-28 11:56:07  
So, I used some incursion coffers that I've just had sitting in my MH for at least a year today and I managed to get a Gavialis Helm. On the days that are important, is Gavialis worth using over a decent aug on Valorous Helm?
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-08-28 13:45:04  
Signs point to no.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-08-28 14:28:31  
Taint said: »
Asura.Cedbixler said: »

Moonlight is probably old sets before +2
If you compare the two exclusively for TP:

• Moonlight: 25acc 10STP 10 Zanshin

• R25 Nodowa+2: 30acc 18atk(25STR) 14STP

The accuracy is pretty much identical, 18 atk won't make a big difference in most scenarios so it's mostly a comparison between 4STP and 10 zanshin. For the way Zanshin works with Hasso up, Zanshin+10 translates to 10% re-hit on miss and 10*0.25=2.5% double attack with +34acc in both situation (and the rate adds up with other gears like Ryou Feet +1). Unless that 4STP will reduce your X-hit (unlikely with Masa), I don't see a reason to use JSE vs moonlight for TP
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-28 14:36:17  
PDL does count for TP too, you know.

STP isn't just about Xhit, overflow is more damage for ws.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-08-28 14:57:01  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
PDL does count for TP too, you know.

STP isn't just about Xhit, overflow is more damage for ws.
Ok, you got a point on the PDL in atk capped scenarios especially with AM3 up but the TP overflow will be on average higher on zanshin procs due to ikishoten (main reason why stacking a lot of zanshin and zanshin DA can give you insane amount of tp in a single attack round) so I still feel like they are much closer than you think. Of course we'd need to setup a calculator to get a final answer
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-28 14:58:34  
Of course it's going to be close. it's always about splitting a hair. Better is better.

We're probably talking in the realm of double digit dps. (just an absolute guess)

Without doing any work at all just knowing it's 10% more damage on all melee swings, means it's already 10% better than anything else. compare that to how much gain ~3DA is worth... it's probably not 10%
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-08-28 15:04:49  
Like Eiryl said Both PDL and ~6 fSTR works for TP too and are actually really good with Masa AM3. Also it's 25 attack. We had an update in Decamber 2018 making 1str = 1att for all types of weapons.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-08-28 20:50:02  
moonlight is still going to be better for heavy buff situations. with my old simulation using not-now-known GK pdif values(so 4.345 instead of 4.07) it's behind moonlight using Ejiin's default set.

Average of runs: 10208.88
StD: 463.0 2
Range: 2831.6800000000003
WS Average: 34052.0 2
WS StD: 1295.0 2
WS Range: 8364.0

Average of runs: 10101.7
StD: 427.0 2
Range: 2912.3899999999994
WS Average: 33786.0 2
WS StD: 1201.0 2
WS Range: 8380.879999999997
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-28 21:20:31  
I'm not going to refute that in any way, but I really doubt it.

So, the spread sheet is way out of date. And the one that was "updated" is still out of date. But adding 10 zanshin is literally only a 17 dps gain on it. but 4 STP is 44 dps gain. That's not even counting PDL.

I'm sure simon will put up numbers and you can spend the next page arguing with him.
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 153 154 155