Solo Despot ~ COR/NIN !!!!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Solo Despot ~ COR/NIN !!!!
Solo Despot ~ COR/NIN !!!!
 Odin.Arnor
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-07-25 21:57:40  
got to say this is awesome ^^ for a job thats not known as a solo strong job to be able to take out despot takes skill ^^ congrats good to see people think outside the box and try something new for a change :D:D
 Carbuncle.Akada
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Akada
By Carbuncle.Akada 2009-07-25 22:01:34  
How long did this take?
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-25 22:12:34  
Akada said:
How long did this take?

Well, 250+ Thunder shot x2 every 45 Seconds (some merits and Mirke body to bring down casting time on QD)going into 13000 hp...

took about 30-45 mins barring no resists.
(Had Warlocks Role and Wizards rol up at all times)
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-26 02:34:17  
AWESOME!!!
My good friend Dehien caught the last few minutes of my Despot Solo on video.

Go easy on him, its his first Vid...
But THANK YOU Dehien. this Rocks Dude :) :) :)

[+]
 Seraph.Kinkashito
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Kinkashito 2009-07-26 03:41:49  
Grats on that. :3
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-07-26 03:43:58  
grats dood

I wanna solo him on my bst soon T.T
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-26 05:29:30  
Just want to say, and I know it's not really ontopic, but if you try this again, and a Doll tries to use Meltdown, just run out of range. You'll take no damage and it will still explode, giving you the kill for free. Learned that soloing LV63-LV75 on MNK FoV-Ro'Maeve style.

-Ontopic- Grats~ I managed to do so on MNK not too long ago. Fun fight.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-26 16:52:06  
that's awesome, lol. i never thought cor could do this kind of stuff. :D
that pld looks so emo;;
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-26 17:48:34  
I'm too much of a *** to solo things as Cor.
Right on budd!
 Ramuh.Bekisa
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-07-26 18:31:16  
nice job
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-07-26 18:48:41  
we should post this, for all the JP to see, so that they know that people should really go COR/NIN and not COR/WHM, since thats their preference.lol

Great job man! I wanna see more of your solo's if u do them.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-26 18:57:55  
Galvaya said:
we should post this, for all the JP to see, so that they know that people should really go COR/NIN and not COR/WHM, since thats their preference.lol

Great job man! I wanna see more of your solo's if u do them.

Trust me, the next NM I take on I'll deffinitely make a post. :)

But as I stated... COR/NIN was because I was being cowardly :)
I don't usually do ANYTHING COR/NIN.
My sub of choice is usually BLU (see my gear set-up on my page) so I get a decent MAB and I can set more AGI to up my QuickDraw Accuracy. Not to mention, the healing and buff spells work wonders. Normally as /BLU my QD's are in the 400's. My COR is more or less aimed at a QD Set-up.

TRUE /WHM is over played, but PLEASE don't all think that /NIN is the new way to go. Sub for COR is always situational.

And in this situation i didn't know what to expect from this experiment... so I took that easy way out.

Again, thank you everyone for the kind words of praise and encouragement. It really means alot :)
 Valefor.Judda
サーバ: Valefor
user: Judda
By Valefor.Judda 2009-07-26 19:23:12  
Good job! i've seen BLM and RDM soloing Despot first time i hear of a COR... n_n
 Seraph.Darkvision
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-27 06:09:23  
Nice job, crats on the full drops, i hardly see the scythe drop even with TH4, and it nice to see other jobs attempt to solo it other than RDM or BLM/SCH
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-07-27 08:19:55  
Kuz said:

Again, thank you everyone for the kind words of praise and encouragement. It really means alot :)

No problem, I love it when someone besides a RDM tries to solo NMs! And succeeds of course :)

You make me want to try my PLD solo'ing Serket experiment again, LOL! Before the update came out I've tried about 5 times to solo Serket with my PLD. I've tried /nin and /dnc. So far the closest I got was with PLD/DNC and had him down to 15%. Sadly though the problem is not staying alive, it's his rage. I don't have sea, and not even close to getting it, if I had some gear from there I might be able to do it.

But now with this new update, apparently they've changed the NMs. The actual quote is:
SquareEnix said:
The characteristic of the following Notorious Monsters in which their strength changes over time after being claimed has been adjusted:
King Arthro / Simurgh / Roc / Serket / Capricious Cassie / Lord of Onzozo / Behemoth / King Behemoth / Adamantoise / Aspidochelone / Fafnir / Nidhogg / Sandworm / Dark Ixion

I'm assuming this means the rage factor, but exactly how it's been changed I don't know yet. Might not be good for us people trying to solo stuff now...

Luckily it's only those NMs and not the ones you have to spawn by killing PHs.

But enough about me lol, I've slightly derailed. Just wanted to say you've inspired me to try and see what NMs I can solo again! Thank you :)
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-27 08:28:31  
It's lovely to see that there's other COR's who're thinking outside the box. It's people like us that are giving COR the reputation they deserve. Keep up the good work!

Just one recommendation, I have soloed Despot a few times myself on COR:

Kuz said:
Just run around the pond and when you hook a sharp corner, pop the shot and keep running.

If you macro any random, non-stat modifying piece of equipment (so it doesn't affect your damage) in that will cause you to blink with the shot, you can actually quick draw without stopping. Your character will blink, the shot will appear in the log but you won't see the animation; it's possible to kill it not stopping once the entire time. This makes life a lot easier if you choose to sub something other than Ninja.

I don't know if you plan to go back, but that should help solo other things as well. Again, good job!
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 08:34:43  
Well, to be honest, I don't think Cor was meant to be a huge soloer, but whatever helps you sleep at night. :P
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-27 08:35:51  
Haseyo said:
Well, to be honest, I don't think Cor was meant to be a huge soloer, but whatever helps you sleep at night. :P

And here's an example of someone thinking inside the box.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-27 08:43:26  
Wooooodum said:
Just one recommendation, I have soloed Despot a few times myself on COR:

Kuz said:
Just run around the pond and when you hook a sharp corner, pop the shot and keep running.

If you macro any random, non-stat modifying piece of equipment (so it doesn't affect your damage) in that will cause you to blink with the shot, you can actually quick draw without stopping. Your character will blink, the shot will appear in the log but you won't see the animation; it's possible to kill it not stopping once the entire time.

I don't know if you plan to go back, but that should help solo other things as well. Again, good job!

OH Trust me, I know :)
if you look up the post near the beginning... I mentioned I went /NIN and never updated my blink macros (For staves and grips) because I was TP building on PH's with a Joy-Toy.

Once I Popped Despot and did the kiting, I was like "Oh ***... I'm not using gear-swap macros".

As I mentioned... its a mistake I plan on correcting :)
Next attempt at him, I'm definitely going /BLU or /RDM to increase my ele-shots. Not to mention, those are the subs I'm most used too.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 08:45:26  
Box of reality. :o
Basically have to have Crimson legs to solo stuff as Cor. I don't think 1 piece of gear suddenly makes a job a solo job. =/
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-27 08:45:55  
Chaosx said:
You make me want to try my PLD solo'ing Serket experiment again, LOL! Before the update came out I've tried about 5 times to solo Serket with my PLD. I've tried /nin and /dnc. So far the closest I got was with PLD/DNC and had him down to 15%. Sadly though the problem is not staying alive, it's his rage. I don't have sea, and not even close to getting it, if I had some gear from there I might be able to do it.

But now with this new update, apparently they've changed the NMs.
But enough about me lol, I've slightly derailed. Just wanted to say you've inspired me to try and see what NMs I can solo again! Thank you :)

THAT's Awesome man.
You no way derailed the thread :)
Saying this inspired you is a huge boost for me :)

I say go for it and post the results!!!
I'll be cheering ya on from Siren!!!!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-27 08:46:02  
Ah, I didn't see that. My bad then!

I tried Steam Cleaner one time on COR/BLM, in one of the zones with just pots. Making it spawn was quite difficult and time consuming, as I had to zone the Detector everytime it decided not to spawn Steam Cleaner. I didn't win, and I haven't tried since; but I think if you sub /NIN, you should be able to do it. The single Tier magic is what killed me.

I wish we were on the same server so that we could try to duo it!
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-27 08:47:14  
Haseyo said:
Box of reality. :o
Basically have to have Crimson legs to solo stuff as Cor. I don't think 1 piece of gear suddenly makes a job a solo job. =/

I don't have W.Legs, but that's pedantic.

You don't have a point either way. There is so much more to soloing than movement plus for any job. RDM included. It's about skill; it's too bad if you lack enough of it to try it yourself and choose to condemn everyone else's ambitions at doing so.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 08:54:22  
I clearly gave the man a pat on the back.
I've duo'd stuff with my Cor friend a few times (ZNMs, etc) and it's just a long, time-consuming process. I personally don't see the point in it, I'd rather just get more people, but I guess it's a sense of achievement for y'all.

The way you said "The reputation we Cor's deserve" was just offsetting, because I have no idea what that reputation is. We are already one of the most loved jobs for others, what more do you want.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-27 08:56:10  
Wooooodum said:
Ah, I didn't see that. My bad then!

I tried Steam Cleaner one time on COR/BLM, in one of the zones with just pots. Making it spawn was quite difficult and time consuming, as I had to zone the Detector everytime it decided not to spawn Steam Cleaner. I didn't win, and I haven't tried since; but I think if you sub /NIN, you should be able to do it. The single Tier magic is what killed me.

NICE!!!
I was actually thinking my next venture might be to try and solo (or purchase...pending when this Gem of the West sells) myself a Water, then see if I can take down Olla.

I just not sure if Olla links with the other pots in the Zone...
Because our LS (obviously) always just beats him down on him spawn spot.
If he doesn't link... he COULD be easily kited around and around the hallways in the same method.

Just nervous about the ags's. If I sub /NIN... single target spells can be shrugged off. an Aga would wreck me unless I out run it.

Wooooodum said:
The single Tier magic is what killed me.

Yeah that Duo WOULD be nice :)
As for Single Tier Magic. Ever try subbin RDM?
You DO get Blink and Stoneskin, as well as Bar- spells.
And keep Magus roll up for Magic resistance.
Couple that with the resistances from Crimson Gear and it works nicely.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-27 08:56:14  
Because you don't personally see the point in it, doesn't mean that it's not worth trying. That's the implication behind your posts; which you know only too well is exactly what they were going to give.

I know you're a reasonable guy so I know it's nothing personal, but honestly... I don't think Kuz cares if you think COR can solo or not, since he's just soloed Despot. It's just petty trolling my man.

And you know how defensive I get over COR. I think you were looking for a reaction probably, sucks that I bit. Haha.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-27 09:03:50  
Kuz said:
I just not sure if Olla links with the other pots in the Zone...
Because our LS (obviously) always just beats him down on him spawn spot.
If he doesn't link... he COULD be easily kited around and around the hallways in the same method.

He doesn't link, but the biggest problem would be timing it so you're within the spawn area when you kill them. You wouldn't want them spawning unclaimed because you're out of range! If there's nobody around, all for it. I actually might try this later, I'm confident it's possible. Providing you outrun them you wouldn't give them any TP either, which means they'll never put magic shield up.

The aga's would be a problem, but for all intents and purposes, you should be able to run out of range. If not, I guess you need to bring hi-potions or something!

Kuz said:
Yeah that Duo WOULD be nice :)
As for Single Tier Magic. Ever try subbin RDM?
You DO get Blink and Stoneskin, as well as Bar- spells.
And keep Magus roll up for Magic resistance.
Couple that with the resistances from Crimson Gear and it works nicely.

I personally don't like having to stop. The distance you build between the monsters is usually what gives you room for error; which is important since one mistake and you're probably going to die. If you have to stop to keep buffs up, you're expending a lot of valuable distance between yourself and the target. If we could use Composure, I think it'd be worth it... But aside from that, I think it's better to sub Black Mage to do a little more damage.

I'm trying to think of what else we might be able to solo... I know Jailer of Fortitude is one, anything that moves at 100% I guess is something that we could solo.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-07-27 09:04:44  
Wooooodum said:
There is so much more to soloing than movement plus for any job. RDM included. It's about skill;...

Haseyo said:
I clearly gave the man a pat on the back.
I've duo'd stuff with my Cor friend a few times (ZNMs, etc) and it's just a long, time-consuming process. I personally don't see the point in it, I'd rather just get more people, but I guess it's a sense of achievement for y'all.

Now Now.. lets not fight. you both bring up very valid points.

YES, soloing it was for bragging rights (and for gil) and also for the sense of accomplishment I get knowing I have a REALLY good grasp of what that job is...and its limitations. Then trying to push those limits :)

But Wooooodum is right in the fact that there is much more then just movement speed.
for example, How I solo'd the PHs was simple. I ranged attacked a doll. when he drew Near I mele'd him down till my timers were down on Shadows. that's when i turned my back, Light shotted. and moved a safe distance away.
Wash, Rinse, Repeat. when you have TP, sluggy.

Not one part of that required the movement speed.
Its all in your approach and figuring out how to cover your *** on your weak points, and take advantage of your strong points.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-27 09:04:49  
I never said I don't think Cor can solo. >.>; I already said I'm too much of a *** to solo things as Cor. I still want to know what this reputation is. Is it that Cor is more than a buffer job?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-07-27 09:06:04  
The reputation is that COR is just a buffer job, that is what I would like to see changed.
[+]