Solo Despot ~ COR/NIN !!!!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Solo Despot ~ COR/NIN !!!!
Solo Despot ~ COR/NIN !!!!
 Pandemonium.Rathz
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2009-08-07 23:29:54  
On one side...

Grats on doing something slower, and less efficient than other people <.<

On the other side.. Grats on soloing it harder, I Guess :X
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-08 00:11:21  
Chelney, regardless of the fact that these are all low man rather than solo, I'm impressed. I can't imagine how long it would have taken to kill Genbu, although I don't know what the other 2-3 people in the party did either.

Chigre is the one that actually does impress me though, that little *** is... a little ***, and I honestly have no idea how you would have done that, I assume you found a nice place to kite it and dragged it all the way over there. The other three would just be long fights.

Now if you actually solo'd Fortitude without friends helping you on the two pets, then I would be seriously impressed.
 Shiva.Chelney
サーバ: Shiva
user: Chelney
By Shiva.Chelney 2009-08-08 00:18:31  
(E-7)~(F-7) on map 2 is where i kited the flee NM. workd out really well ^^

Fortitude took me 3 tries to actually pull by myself (first 2 times i died and had to get help so i didnt lose pop)

Genbu was 1 hour and 15mins to kill. It was a great starter NM to practice on because of his slow speed
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-08 00:40:26  
So how exactly do you pull Fort, don't you still have to kill his balls?
 Pandemonium.Rathz
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2009-08-08 00:41:43  
Blazza said:
So how exactly do you pull Fort, don't you still have to kill his balls?

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but doesn't that sound wrong? (Has yet to kill any HNM stuff)
 Shiva.Chelney
By Shiva.Chelney 2009-08-08 00:43:11  
When you obviously start kiting them away. The 2 balls will start casting spells and fort will continue to chase. After reaching about the zone, Fortitude actually deagros and so do the balls. I just followd JoF back toward spawn area and when it reachd the kiting square re-engaged via QD shot and startind killing. The balls were already at the respawn when re-engaging and didnt link back on
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-08 00:44:08  
It does sound wrong, but he has two balls that you need to kill before you kill him, or he reflects magic. Probably wouldn't effect cor quickdraw, but you still have the pain in the *** issue of kiting three mobs instead of one. One stops to cast and it'll come at you from the other direction.
 Shiva.Chelney
By Shiva.Chelney 2009-08-08 00:47:21  
Theres no issue of kiting more then 1 because you dont kite around the square until the balls have already deagrod. I took the strat from a You-tube vid i saw. hold on let me see if i can find it and ill post.
 Shiva.Chelney
By Shiva.Chelney 2009-08-08 00:48:41  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km7MyIT3o_I

this is what gave me the inspiration lol >.>

altho it did take me 3 tries to get it down
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-08 01:00:10  
Chelney said:
When you obviously start kiting them away. The 2 balls will start casting spells and fort will continue to chase. After reaching about the zone, Fortitude actually deagros and so do the balls. I just followd JoF back toward spawn area and when it reachd the kiting square re-engaged via QD shot and startind killing. The balls were already at the respawn when re-engaging and didnt link back on

Nice, I can't imagine I'll ever try it just from the fact that I can't be assed farming 12 ghrah M chips for something I don't need, but still interesting to know that it's possible. Might see how I go with SC or like, any one of a dozen ZNM's though.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-08-08 20:39:14  
Well, it's not Despot, but this has turned into the COR Solo Thread.

User submitted image

This took 58 minutes, although I gimped myself by forgetting to bring Moldavite Earring (Sucks to notice once you've started running away from it!) I aggroed it near the C.A. and ran it to the fortifications, kiting around this tower. Another flies around there, but it doesn't seem to aggro if you're near the fortifications.

It's not too difficult, the difficulty is the fact you can't mistime anything. The biggest obstacle was actually all of the campaign mobs that kept spawning and getting in my god damn way.

Wasn't the most exhilerating solo experience ever, but it was cool nonetheless. I don't know what the drop's for or how much I can get for it, but wheee!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-08 20:53:52  
The drop currently has no use, hence why I have one sitting in my bazaar for 10mil, 'cause no-ones gonna buy it right now unless they think they can sell it for more.

If that's the one from the C.A. then I have NO idea how you failed to agro the other one. I pulled that one once, and the one from the fortifications linked with the one following me much easier than it ever usually agros... I kited for a couple of laps, got off one or two failed binds and it was all over:

User submitted image

If you plan on doing this again, go SW a little from the fortifications and once you are behind the wall with all the demons and imps hanging around you have no mobs to worry about and a massive circuit you can kite around. It's a very easy pull (as long as you don't link the other one like I did), the mob never gives up since it's Impossible to Gauge, and the only thing you have to worry about is one dark elemental in the back corner during dark weather.

Grats on 1/1 though you ***, I've killed ~20 of these and have one claw and one hide -_-
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-08-08 21:13:35  
Blazza said:
Grats on 1/1 though you ***, I've killed ~20 of these and have one claw and one hide -_-

I've heard it's quite bad, so I'll count myself lucky. I don't plan on returning; this was more to see if I could rather than to farm them. Takes too long to really be worth it (unless I get one everytime...)

Honestly, about the one at the C.A., how long ago did you last try? I walked under it a hundred times, it flew right above me a hundred times, over and over, and it just would not aggro. The moment I walked to the OP away from the campaign area, it aggroed me.

Patch maybe? Or have you done this recently?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-08 21:18:47  
The eastern most one is screwy, I and many other people have tried for ages to agro it and it just ignores you, then decides to agro someone returning from campaign just for fun.

The one above the fortifications always agros really easily though. The time I was talking about it linking, I pulled the Eastern most one off someone else that was being eaten, and the fortification one linked with it. Actually followed me from the air all the way around the corner (well out of its roaming range) and only landed once it reached the tunnel and obviously couldn't fly any more.