Minions - Pet Job LS On Shiva (now Recruiting!)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Minions - Pet Job LS on Shiva (now recruiting!)
Minions - Pet Job LS on Shiva (now recruiting!)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Onionknight
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Onionknight 2014-10-28 08:29:54  
Too be honest if id rate dps smn had highest spike dmg, but their bp recast is so high.

RNG was good as always.

Pup was good. Spamming ws from rng pet faster than rangers, but at a lower damage makes them very close to RNG as dmg.

All and all these 3 jobs are equally as good for this Delve.

For BST we used for its debuffs. which actually help. Due to the damage it takes from the boss the pet would die too fast. Its ok to bring 1 of these.

And like Siviard said. We dont reject ppl because of jobs. We fit em in. Next week Tree time.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2014-10-28 23:18:20  
I can't remember how much countless wins I got people for free on all 6 zones before I took a break.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-11-02 14:22:03  
I was trying for several hours to find a Youtube video or a picture of something specific, but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. It's from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie (1990) where Michaelangelo & the other Turtles are being attack by the Foot with axes, and Don says "I'm afraid these guys aren't lumberjacks" and Mike responds "No joke! The only thing safe in the woods would be the trees!" You have no idea how tough it is to find something THAT specific. Either via Youtube video or a meme.

Anyway, we tapped into our inner lumberjack last night x3 and won every time.
 Shiva.Kingmancat
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-11-02 14:48:00  
Fun to know a joke I brought up gets used in the recruiting effort. ^^
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-11-02 14:53:31  
Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
Fun to know a joke I brought up gets used in the recruiting effort. ^^

I remembered! lmao
 Bahamut.Arciele
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Spira
By Bahamut.Arciele 2014-11-15 11:13:07  
omg.. an active pet LS in this day and age. you got me excited XD
i'd be very tempted to move to shiva just to join you guys...
 Shiva.Nippy
user: Nippi
By Shiva.Nippy 2014-11-16 10:39:29  
It's
Bahamut.Arciele said: »

I transferred specifically for this LS a few days ago and life as a SMN on Shiva has already been much better. Here's a pic of us doing Foret's delve, which we won twice. 18 people, and like 90% of the DPS classes were pet classes? Unheard of on my old server.

[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-11-16 11:43:55  
Shiva.Nippy said: »
It's
Bahamut.Arciele said: »

I transferred specifically for this LS a few days ago and life as a SMN on Shiva has already been much better. Here's a pic of us doing Foret's delve, which we won twice. 18 people, and like 90% of the DPS classes were pet classes? Unheard of on my old server.

It was actually 50/50. There were 2 MNKs (1 of them 119 Spharai) and a 119 Kenkonken PUP meleeing, but most of the secondary damage output was from the multitude of SMNs present for the fight.

Things went pretty smoothly on the 2nd win too. A couple of close calls, but that's the difference between having a GOOD WHM, and a crappy WHM.
By Nippi 2014-11-16 12:15:07  
Quote:
It was actually 50/50. There were 2 MNKs (1 of them 119 Spharai) and a 119 Kenkonken PUP meleeing, but most of the secondary damage output was from the multitude of SMNs present for the fight.

Things went pretty smoothly on the 2nd win too. A couple of close calls, but that's the difference between having a GOOD WHM, and a crappy WHM.

I think you may be right. I think I'm mixing up and combining runs 1-3 together since we switched our configuration between runs 1 and 2, and Run #1 had more pet classes.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-16 12:22:47  
18 people, and like 90% of the DPS classes were pet classes? Unheard of on my old server.

2 mnks, a brd, and a whm .. aka enough people to win the zone with 14 leeches

taking pet jobs alongside a normal setup isn't really a pet setup, nor is it unheard of.. it's just using shitty DD for the sake of using shitty DD

do this stuff with the pets performing all vital roles and maybe it'll be unheard of
 Lakshmi.Minivict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2014-11-16 12:30:05  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
18 people, and like 90% of the DPS classes were pet classes? Unheard of on my old server.

taking pet jobs alongside a normal setup isn't really a pet setup, nor is it unheard of.. it's just using shitty DD for the sake of using shitty DD

do this stuff with the pets performing all vital roles and maybe it'll be unheard of

Of course this guy putting down other people's fun and success in a video game. What else is new, nothing on this site will ever change. Good job guys! Ignore stupid idiot trolls hiding behind their computer who lives in their moms basements and is 500 pounds LOLOLOL
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-11-16 13:42:20  
Lakshmi.Minivict said: »

Of course this guy putting down other people's fun and success in a video game. What else is new, nothing on this site will ever change. Good job guys! Ignore stupid idiot trolls hiding behind their computer who lives in their moms basements and is 500 pounds LOLOLOL

LMAO! No need to pull the "real life" card in this thread. Let the troll be a troll. Most people around here have learned to not take anything he says seriously.

The SMNs were a vital part of our runs, as their damage output was terrific, especially with Mag. Def. Down debuff from the GEO (that GEO being yours truly) So if you're a SMN, don't let some rectal cavity tell you otherwise.
 Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shalehonnleath 2014-11-16 18:39:58  
Shiva.Siviard said: »
We are looking for new blood for my Guttler to feed on.....I mean, new blood to join our budding LS for fun and excitement with our beloved pet jobs!

Of course, priority is given to BST, SMN and PUP. However, we realize that not everything can be done as 6 BST, or 3 BST 3 SMN, or 2 BST 2 SMN or 2 PUP. As such, we will also be looking for people who on top of their pet jobs, also have jobs like PLD, WHM SCH BLM RDM BRD COR and GEO.

If you're already on Shiva and are interested in joining us, please send either me, Wiget, Forinthae, or Xenorex a /tell. If you are not on Shiva but are interested in joining us, please send me a PM.

As for stuff we've been doing. Rather than go over it here, please scope out the "More Beastmaster Shenanigans" thread to see screenshots of the stuff we've been doing. We plan to continue growing and expanding into more stuff, and even though there may not be an all pet or majority pet strategy yet for this stuff, we wish to be the pioneers for a new Pet Job movement, much like LordsOfTheBeasts was in the past.

Are you currently recruiting? Looking to take advantage of the new server transfer campaign. My main job is SMN and would absolutely love to join a Pet LS. I also have BLM, DRG, COR, and THF and a Mule that is WHM.

Thank you!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-11-16 18:51:18  
Can say what you like about me, but when every vital part of the strategy is handled by a non-pet job, you're not breaking any new ground. Using SMN instead of RNG is a strategy as old as FFXI itself, when you think 'pet burn' you don't think of normal tanks and pet DD. That's like saying kirin was a pet fight when wind blade first came out and people brought all smns for DD.
 Shiva.Onionknight
By Shiva.Onionknight 2014-11-16 20:55:09  
Sadly Delve is the one event you cant fully do with pet jobs. Too much gimmicks in the event itself. At this point whats special about our ls isnt the fact we use pet jobs partially or on some events fully. Its the fact we let ppl use their best jobs. Jobs they have worked on for years and want to use in events. If its bst,smn or pup we dont care, but when they want to use mnk or sam we dont care aswell. All we have done is give a home to people that couldnt play how they wanted on their own server.

The only person who does not have this freedom is Torias btw. Hes WHM for life!!
By Nippi 2014-11-16 21:48:55  
Hmm, it seems like my post has derailed the spirit of this topic, which was unintentional. I do have to say this though:

With all due respect, it's presumptuous for anyone not in the group of 18 to make claims such as "shitty DPS" because they don't have access to the parse, or that pet classes weren't filling any "vital parts of the strategy." I'd like to take this moment to clarify that while we did use MNKs, they weren't the top overall DPS. In fact, on one of the runs, neither of the top 2 were MNKs. Gimmicks aside, DPS is vital, is it not?

5 Garudas also did tank, hold, and heal themselves against Dakuwaqa for a good while during our first run. If it weren't for having a time limit, there's no doubt that we could've held Dakuwaqa like that for much longer. For all other bosses, aggro would switch between the melees, at least one of whom was an (incredible) PUP. Healing is the only real job aspect that we can't pull off without having a "normal" job.

Now to get back to the spirit of the post, Onionknight pretty much summed it up. It's about having fun.
 Bahamut.Arciele
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Spira
By Bahamut.Arciele 2014-11-17 03:56:08  
That's like saying kirin was a pet fight when nether blast first came out and people brought all smns for DD.

ftfy :p

I was in MonstersInc on ramuh and I understand what you mean. generally there are some or many events where you simply cant populate the whole group with pet jobs.. and im sure we can all admit that.

the difference here tho, is that the ls is generally willing and able to try a pet job based strat for an event even if its not the most efficient, because everyone enjoys playing with pets..
and thats what i love about the whole thing.

this rocks
By Presidentmerman 2014-11-17 05:03:58  
Grats on win guys ^^
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2014-11-17 06:29:08  
Amazing concept you guys have here! If you ever need a COR or RDM support, feel free to contact me, and congrats on the wins.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-12-03 00:09:34  
So like..... lolBST, or something.

Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2014-12-03 05:19:08  
I was only at 2000 TP. :-\
I should have waited for 3000.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-12-03 13:05:06  
Shiva.Malthar said: »
I was only at 2000 TP. :-\
I should have waited for 3000.

Holy crapola, man! BTW, lets go again tonight, but this time, I'll Entrust Indi-MAB buff on you and I'll also use Indi Mag. Eva. Down on top of Mag. Def. Down on Tojil.

I wanna see you blast that fool Tojil.
 Shiva.Malthar
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2014-12-03 13:26:05  
Sounds like a plan.
By Presidentmerman 2014-12-03 13:49:57  
Was that first phase? Ya know he's weak to magic first phase right? At least that's what I hear since I've never done delve ever.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-12-03 17:08:25  
Presidentmerman said: »
Was that first phase? Ya know he's weak to magic first phase right? At least that's what I hear since I've never done delve ever.

It was actually 2nd phase, which made the massive damage even more surprising. Tojil was at 73% when Malthar's Cloudsplitter went off. Tojil immediately dropped down to 62% and everyone in the party was "WTF WAS THAT?"
By Presidentmerman 2014-12-03 17:21:45  
Teach me how to ffxi
 Bismarck.Inference
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-12-03 17:26:37  
Currently GEO debuffs can make for some pretty entertaining magic WS numbers.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-12-03 17:46:49  
Presidentmerman said: »
Teach me how to ffxi

LMAO! You're already pretty darn good at it. Your BLU is nothing to sneeze at.
 Shiva.Torias
By Shiva.Torias 2014-12-03 18:10:25  
It was hilarious cause the parse instantly jumped to Malthar first place, Malthar Skillchain 2nd place. I lol'd.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-12-03 18:25:50  
If you go again leme come run, been wanting to use that for somthing ever since I got dimi unlocked XD