users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » RMT'S
RMT'S
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Fridayy
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Fridayy 2014-05-25 22:27:21  
Why doesn't GM's and Special Task Force do anything about the Bot cheater's that continue to cheat?
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-05-25 22:33:02  
Are they doing anything to you personally? Pretty sure they aren't so you should just stop heten and go play WoW or something.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-05-25 22:40:09  
Ragnarok.Fridayy said: »
Why doesn't GM's and Special Task Force do anything about the Bot cheater's that continue to cheat?
Unless they are directly affecting players they need as many accounts playing as possible, its not like the old HNM days where they stopped ppl from claiming KA/Sim/Etc. I've seen rmt on asura go unbanned after at least a year of GMing them, so i gave up.
[+]
 Valefor.Tsurara
サーバ: Valefor
user: Hinamori
By Valefor.Tsurara 2014-05-25 23:21:14  
Sucks but that is life....
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
サーバ: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2014-05-25 23:24:16  
The fun is that they did something about FC parties.... But not about fishing bots....
[+]
 Valefor.Tsurara
By Valefor.Tsurara 2014-05-25 23:31:06  
Asura.Aikchan said: »
The fun is that they did something about FC parties.... But not about fishing bots....

Actually I spoke with a GM recently regarding that FC nonsense.

It's only bannable if:

1.) Either party breaks the agreement (Such as the FC'er not doing their job or someone doesn't pay)

2.) Services require real life money for ingame services, or if ingame money gets outside services.

Power leveling people is not a bannable offense, the only reason people got banned was for RMT affiliation (which was confirmed) or the FC'er cheated people out of their money.

I do FC shouts sometimes without worrying. Why? Because they can't ban me unless they have concrete evidence in RMT affiliated, otherwise I can get into contact with SE and chew them out because I'm a legitimate person in need of Gil and this is a legitimate way to make it. People in other MMO's did it all the time, Phantasy Star had this a lot, and it's how I made my money there by getting people through missions with guaranteed S-rank in exchange for money.

Again: so long as you don't cheat people, you won't get banned for FC shouts.
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-05-25 23:32:21  
did you report them?
 Bismarck.Davorin
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2014-05-25 23:56:32  

Are you Slyshen?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-05-26 00:20:25  
Valefor.Tsurara said: »

It's only bannable if:

1.) Either party breaks the agreement (Such as the FC'er not doing their job or someone doesn't pay)

2.) Services require real life money for ingame services, or if ingame money gets outside services.

Power leveling people is not a bannable offense, the only reason people got banned was for RMT affiliation (which was confirmed) or the FC'er cheated people out of their money.

I do FC shouts sometimes without worrying. Why? Because they can't ban me unless they have concrete evidence in RMT affiliated, otherwise I can get into contact with SE and chew them out because I'm a legitimate person in need of Gil and this is a legitimate way to make it. People in other MMO's did it all the time, Phantasy Star had this a lot, and it's how I made my money there by getting people through missions with guaranteed S-rank in exchange for money.

I also heard the same thing but the GM also told me that it's kind of at the GM's discretion as it ruins the dynamics and the experience of the gamer or something like that. When I do FC I just tell people it's always free and that donations are always accepted.

Pretty much... if you want to do FC and make money, don't sell gil, or buy it for that matter.

To the OP: The reason that people don't get banned is because either they don't have concrete enough evidence, they are part of an on-going investigation, or they just don't have the time. I can only imagine there is SO many GM's, they can't just knock at every door someone sends them to, it's just not realistic.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-05-26 00:20:51  
Bismarck.Davorin said: »

Are you Slyshen?

Actually not me but if they keep it up I might have some competition for my reputation!
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2014-05-26 01:20:39  
If youre this butthurt about RMT's or people using cheats in FFXI these days, then you're playing the wrong game. I'd say at least 95% of the remaining playerbase uses Windower, a cheat according to the ToS. What are they gonna do, ban 95% of their playerbase? That would kill the game and all the money they make off of it and they know it. So, to put it real bluntly, SE doesn't give a ***about cheaters and neither should you.
Game: FFXIV
By Terrah Crystal 2014-05-26 01:28:16  
People still shout for FCs? I haven't seen a single FC shout since I returned to the game, its mostly been shouts for La Thenin Worms and even those aren't common
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2014-05-26 03:38:15  
I've got 500k for whoever would cleave my BLM to 99, lol.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-05-26 03:51:09  
I miss RMT fc's. Even the shitty ones were cheap enough it wasn't an issue if they stopped (or got jailed) before you hit 99.
 Leviathan.Lsvtec
user: Freazer
By Leviathan.Lsvtec 2014-05-26 04:24:53  
my motto is, if u cant beat em, might as well join em...
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2014-05-26 05:01:19  
I can get into contact with SE and chew them out because I'm a legitimate person in need of Gil and this is a legitimate way to make it.

I'll agree that the odds of getting banned for a fell cleave are low, but lol at the thought of you chewing out SE's lone remaining answering machine
 Ragnarok.Fridayy
By Ragnarok.Fridayy 2014-05-26 06:25:47  
My problem with these RMT's is they are using cheat that allows them to walk thru gate's and door's without doing what is needed to open them and able to run at speeds that no other can match not even with flee. I sure don't use cheats and they will not either.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2014-05-26 06:33:12  
My problem with these RMT's is they are using cheat that allows them to walk thru gate's and door's without doing what is needed to open them and able to run at speeds that no other can match...

People that use the 2 devices you describe may not be RMTs.
Actual RMTs may not use those devices.

You are talking about 2 different things and it makes your point confusing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fridayy
By Ragnarok.Fridayy 2014-05-26 06:38:32  
Bot in Den Of Rancor kills the NM Tonberry Tracker's every 24 minutes for the large amounts of gil they drop and uses his special cheat get thru the two gates get to them. Bot in Sea Serpent Grotto killing NM's Abyss Sahagin, Coral Sahagin, Ocean Sahagin every 24 minutes and this person uses the same cheat as other Bot to walk thru Ornamented Door without doing the mini quest to open it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-05-26 06:41:16  
bye
 Bismarck.Artamas
user: kittyamy5
By Bismarck.Artamas 2014-05-26 06:44:32  

Not completely sound logic. I know people who have done gil for leveling and other services for in - game gilz but then were banned.

What I want to drive home is that SE is not forgiving and if they ban your account 99% of the time no matter what you say to them you will be in the wrong in their eyes. No matter how many managers you ask for, how many emails or calls you make, that account is toast. The only option will be to re-roll with a new, fresh, collectors addition.

Personally I stay away from power-lv for gil.

My guess would be the main reason it's not a huge issue is cause people will pay RMT sites directly online for power-leveling. It's harder to confirm that. I imagine RMT also have better & quicker ways to make in game $$$ and don't take gil as payment for leveling services.
 Bismarck.Artamas
user: kittyamy5
By Bismarck.Artamas 2014-05-26 06:49:18  
Here are the names of the cheater's Rebpadgett who bots in Den Of Rancor kills the NM Tonberry Tracker's every 24 minutes for the large amounts of gil they drop and uses his special cheat get thru the two gates get to them. Lisaevenson who bots in Sea Serpent Grotto killing NM's Abyss Sahagin, Coral Sahagin, Ocean Sahagin every 24 minutes and this person uses the same cheat as Rebpadgett to walk thru Ornamented Door without doing the mini quest to open it.

You do know that those doors in Sea Serpent Grotto don't eat your coins right? So even if he is cheating he is saving the 4 clicks to open it lol.

Yes movement hackers are baddies but it's been like that since 2003. If that's the worst you have to complain about I think you need a re-focus. Or a trip down memory land when we all had to camp real HNM and out claim those a-holes.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-05-26 06:52:29  
btw, whether you think they're rmt or not, you're not allowed to post names on the forums.

If someone is legitimately hurting your game play, GM/stf them, though it's highly unlikely anything will come out of it unless it's investigated and they get caught doing something very blatant.
 Valefor.Tsurara
By Valefor.Tsurara 2014-05-26 08:12:49  
Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
I can get into contact with SE and chew them out because I'm a legitimate person in need of Gil and this is a legitimate way to make it.

I'll agree that the odds of getting banned for a fell cleave are low, but lol at the thought of you chewing out SE's lone remaining answering machine

heheheheheh I see what you did there
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-05-26 08:57:04  
My problem with these RMT's is they are using cheat that allows them to walk thru gate's and door's without doing what is needed to open them and able to run at speeds that no other can match not even with flee. I sure don't use cheats and they will not either.
Well that does suck and I can appreciate your vent but all I can recommend is finding another hustle :/
By Ravenn42 2014-05-26 09:26:21  

60 second google search and you can do everything he does.

It's nice to know some gamers still have good gaming ethics and feel that in this game there still is some sort of acomplishment.

I think now it is more like playing a old GTA game. MEANING I am not playing it unless I have unlimited health ammo guns and money.

If there was a instant relic button I would use it because I already know I can do dynamis every day and make enough Gil and get one.
By Wordspoken 2014-05-26 10:04:02  
Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget said: »
If youre this butthurt about RMT's or people using cheats in FFXI these days, then you're playing the wrong game. I'd say at least 95% of the remaining playerbase uses Windower, a cheat according to the ToS. What are they gonna do, ban 95% of their playerbase? That would kill the game and all the money they make off of it and they know it. So, to put it real bluntly, SE doesn't give a ***about cheaters and neither should you.
I thought the number of windower user is around 30% or so?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-05-26 10:13:09  

It's only bannable if:

They will ban the ppl running the FC if they are useing that gil they earn for rmt purposes tho. - Have seen that happen
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-26 11:15:24  
Wordspoken said: »
Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget said: »
I thought the number of windower user is around 30% or so?

The number was 30% many years ago when poeople where skepticle of it.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-26 11:17:26  

I would like to point out, that FFXIAH obtains prices and in game data and also links drop data from Guildwork (a cheat engine which you seem against) so you are posting in a forum about how you hate the things that this forum uses because?

Counter intuitive or what?

The thing is though, this merely enhances peoples game play and doesn't pose any negative effects for poeple.
First Page 2 3