Soooooo Why People Job Coach??

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Kujata » soooooo why people job coach??
soooooo why people job coach??
 Asura.Davinia
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Davinia
By Asura.Davinia 2009-08-03 14:39:09  
as long as you know your doing your job right and giving your best judgement on who need support buffs and who doesnt jus ignore them after all, who cares. Regardless of what people say, IT IS just a game, people who say its work need to get out more.

As far as bitchin for haste they need need to get out of there own arse and provide there own haste *** if your bringing your own to make your own job easier.
 Kujata.Tillaert
サーバ: Kujata
user: Tillaert
By Kujata.Tillaert 2009-08-08 10:55:46  
Cyberninja said:
what has happened to the game? Nowdays people would rather sit and tell you how to do job then focus on having fun and doing there own damn job. I get it if someone are doing stupid stuff pulling multiple links time after time,not curing and whole pt dies, nuking too much pulling hate dying etc where they are messing up party flow or xp/hr and just doing dumb stuff yes they need advice on how not to mess up there and everyones xp but jesus this is crazy!
So I had a pt the other day on my WHM with a blu brd pld drk and a war. I take my xtra char out to do haste rotation and cure while I rest we go good for over 30min then all of a sudden the dark wants to start complaining they want haste. Unknown to me at the time the drk pld and war are all is same shell so it makes since later when they wanna sit there and triple team me.Fighting eruca yes slow is a pain but so is incinerate I'm doing barfira auspice curing the drk after souleater (NO they didn't turn it off after ws) and since the drk is TA the pld yes they got hit with incinerate from time to time and slowed. PLD says well stop hasting me and just haste the drk then. Now I have nothing against taru PLDS but..Waiting till hp is close or under half to cure yourself when mob doing a move like incinerate is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Especially when you keep going close to dying when it lands.WE were getting more than decent xp with no rests no stops so I don't see what the hell the problem was the drk wasn't stunning rarely using absorb spells didn't see too many drains after hit with incinerate but did I sit there and tell them what to do NO.
I just laughed at how stupid they were to my self..

With 2 chars out there healing I still run low on MP. So I rest with main while extra heals pt so i can recoup MP there is no way in hell we woulda did as well as we did with any whm out there alone so why can't people just be happy with what they get. So instead I'm called emo for saying I didn't have mp at the time and pld needs more than drk then of course it goes to what gimpy gear cause my main whm has electrum earrings and egg ammo while my extra char whm 75 has ether serket hedgehog bomb for ammo but yet omg my main didn't have serket... no wonder you suck omg nooo not an mp egg in ammo slot nooo. People need to focus more on being a party and thinking of the party rather than there damn e-peen ohh noez I'm falling behind on my parser. If you get a party and things are going good STFU!! enjoy the pt enjoy the XP
if people dying, getting others killed or ask then by all means say something give advice but omg that is crazy to dog someone else out because 1 pt member isn't getting haste. If you were in this party you are free to leave your 2 cents you know who u are but bottom line is there are different perspectives to each side my job as whm is to keep tank alive keep pt members cured, barspell like i did, auspice, and manage my damn MP so we can keep chaining not use all before we hit chain3 IF you can't understand that then you should go play WOW or some other game. PLD job is to keep mob on him as much as he can cure himself and manage mp see a trend here? MP management is key I'm sure alot of you have pt with plds who cure themselves more than needed and then is outta mp or doesn't cure themselves often enough and becomes an MP sponge bottom line is you need to work together to maximize xp/hr

It seems to me that you have a problem dealing with suggestions. Perhaps they were just trying to improve exp/hr, but you have to turn it into a wall of text? How are you ever going to improve yourself if you are not going to listen and evaluate the suggestions of others? Is whining with a wall of text really the mature thing to do, since you claim the moral high ground here?

I do remember you shouting in white gate about this, also another sign of your 'maturity'.

I would suggest you grow up first before complaining about people who make suggestions. People have been telling other people how to play this game since it came online, and it has been happening since the first multi-user games in the 1980s.

My suggestion: go play solitaire if you can't deal with it.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-08 11:00:18  
I cba to read all of it, but I got as far as the bit where you admitted to hasting a PLD instead of a DD

Your doing it wrong... the end

Haste takes the 6 second recast of cure III to 5seconds this is very unlikely to make any difference. Never haste PLDs in EXP.

As for the rest of the personal drama, I really don't care, but to answer your question:
"soooooo why people job coach??"

Answer:
Because some people need to be taught
[+]
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-08 11:04:18  
Obvious statement:

If someone is coaching you on your job, your probably sucking at it.

Now I do know some people go out of their way to be *** and just have to coach even if your playing the job better than they ever could, but that's very rare.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hysoka
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Hysoka
By Gilgamesh.Hysoka 2009-08-08 11:20:14  
Hoshiku said:
I also wonder why the drk was doing TA at leisure instead of waiting for a mob TP move to go off before using TA.

Myself i wonder why would a drk ever go /thf to xp.
[+]
 Kujata.Nyasho
user: Nyasho
By Kujata.Nyasho 2009-08-08 11:24:43  
we were not being *** about it, we were simply saying that hey crawler slow lasts a long time! oh and also it cant overwrite haste! and slowed DD's makes less exp per hour than not slowed DD's, hate for the pld was not an issue as he had war/thf and drk/thf planting more hate than he could ever need on him and even with slow was using mp faster than he was regaining it, so haste for him was useless.

now on to the parts you happily neglected to mention. The rep you apparently invited before leaving in a huff instead of listening to suggestions, changed job to blu mage and went to do something that blatantly wasnt coming to exp with us mere minutes after you said he was coming. So we disband and i head to whitegate to find you shouting about it again neglecting some facts that suit you. On top of this the 3 of us (the pld drk and myself) got more whining in tells from you. Also you decide you should post on the paladins ffxiah profile about it, and then come here to make this thread. The paladin and drk both have levelled whm to 75 and i can tell you neither of them suck and have alot of experience with the jobs they have levelled.

we dropped the argument after the party, all we were asking was either erase slow (which is more mp costly than simply hasting us to avoid being slowed in the first place) or keep up a haste cycle, you had yourself on whm and another character on lvl 75 whm and couldnt find the mp to do this? with double ballad for your mp. We come here what, a week later? to find your still butthurt over the suggestion that hasting DD is beneficial to exp per hour.

tl:dr=
User submitted image
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-08-08 11:26:23  
I personally only do it if they are screwing with the XP/hr or causing severe problems. If someone asks or looks new i try to help and be polite about it ant not:

"My epeen is bigger then yours so listen to me" kind of attitude.

Personally as going for Maat's cap I've only had a few condescending *** saying i suck at a certain job, and i can admit I'm not the worlds end-all-be-all job master in FFXI. But by no means do i suck at anything i do lol. Just may not be "professional" or "hardcore"

So i can see why this question was even asked and the replys i have read this far.

I play the game for fun and to escape college before my brain melts down. FFXI is my heatsink lol.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-08 11:27:45  
Holy wall of texts batman. I'm just gonna go ahead and agree with this though:
Nyasho said:
User submitted image
[+]
 Ifrit.Clouse
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-08-08 23:52:46  
Houshisama said:
Cyberninja said:
yeah your right Houshisama its just annoying sometimes when people wanna sit and lie on your or put you down to make themselves feel superior I just think its kinda a shame how now xp/hr is the only thing people go by hell yeah I love a good pt and enjoy great xp/hr also but every party trying to pull like a meritpo or going balls to the wall 24/7 just seems like alot has changed in the last year as far as party/game dynamics. Don't matter how you get there just get there?

actually i said that in hopes to piss someone off. because personally its not just a game. its more like work. serious business. to most people. when youve spent SOOOOO much time invested its not really fun to *** around and have other people ruin your time. progress is fun.

then other people REALLY dont care and just want to have fun.

but to me. progress is fun. and if you *** up my fun..... ill kill you.

same, those ppl who say "i dont care, i just play to have fun" are USUALLY the ones shouting in wg after 3 years of playing with a lvl 60 job trying to do CoP 2-3
[+]
 Kujata.Stanpy
user: Stanpy
By Kujata.Stanpy 2009-08-09 00:01:45  
Argettio said:
I cba to read all of it, but I got as far as the bit where you admitted to hasting a PLD instead of a DD

Haste takes the 6 second recast of cure III to 5seconds this is very unlikely to make any difference. Never haste PLDs in EXP.

As for the rest of the personal drama, I really don't care, but to answer your question:

Answer:

what the hell is this nubb talking about. haha Haste on PLD is for the recast on Flash more than cure
[+]
 Ifrit.Clouse
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-08-09 00:05:17  
Stanpy said:
Argettio said:

Answer:

what the hell is this nubb talking about. haha Haste on PLD is for the recast on Flash more than cure

beat me to it, however in a pt with a drk and war both /thf, the extra enmity wouldnt matter much, and imo he'd live longer from the mp to cure himself then a few evades with flash.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-09 01:15:49  
Clinpachi said:
I personally only do it if they are screwing with the XP/hr or causing severe problems. If someone asks or looks new i try to help and be polite about it ant not:

"My epeen is bigger then yours so listen to me" kind of attitude.

Read...most of that, but I think I am echoing what everyone else said when I say my opinions.
1.) People who coach have an opinion about everything. You cannot shut them up if you cut their head off with a chainsaw. RARELY, people who give advice are actually helpful. Most times they want to prove how much better than are than you and listen to themselves talk.
It's like people on FFXIAH, imo. Commenting on pics and rating them down 24/7. So what if some newbie claimed OchiKote NM and posts the pic? The hell do you care enough to berate him for being excited about that.
"Oh this is dude posting a pic of himself. Must abuse and call him a fgt ASAP!!"
Anyway..
/ontopic.
2.) 98% of DRKs are morons, period. They give good DRKs a bad name. I honestly think people who don't cancel SE don't know they can. If they do and don't then it's facepalm city.
3.) More than half of PLDs don't know how to use MP properly in my experience. Most are happy to engage, flash, voke, and afk for 30 seconds before doing it again.

That all said you seem to have over-reacted a bit to them giving you advice. If they were being cool about it fine. If they were being *** about it then I would have just ignored them as much as possible. Let them find another PT with a PL if they care so much how the party works.
[+]
 Kujata.Muze
user: Muze
By Kujata.Muze 2009-08-09 01:17:32  
Clouse said:
Stanpy said:
Argettio said:

Answer:

beat me to it, however in a pt with a drk and war both /thf, the extra enmity wouldnt matter much, and imo he'd live longer from the mp to cure himself then a few evades with flash.

It was Cyberninja who stated the reason for hasting the pld was for the pld's cures in the first place, not for hate management (which wasn't an issue).

As for the rest, I thought everything was sorted out. A few things I'd like to point for the sake of clarification:
1. Hasting a BLU who has refueling and a PLD who has no trouble with hate management nor survival but refusing to at least erase a DD is not what I'd call effective. There were two WHMs there, the one in the pt had refresh and was most of the time above 400MP.
2. Pointing this out is apparently very rude. Pointing out that a morion earring and a friar's rope in a lvl 66 party on a WHM is also an odd thing to do appears to be rude as well.
3. Complaining that the DRK didn't stun often enough BECAUSE the DRK's MP was being used (and 80% of the time below 30MP) for absorb spells, drains and ironically enough, stun, while there is a BLU whose best effort was to make a self SC is also pretty moot.
4. Shouting about it in White Gate, harassing people through tells and on their online profiles was apparently not enough. You amuse me :).

My best regards to all the fine people posting here, I had my laughs here ^^ /thread
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-08-09 01:29:42  
Heh. One of my friends had a Valkurm Dunes party in which the only mage was a SCH meleeing with staff. His response to "um, maybe you should be healing?" was "its ok im a best mage!"

Gawdd, I wish I could find that screenshot.... ; ;
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-09 01:47:09  
I haz detected failure

Firing epic fail bombs o.o
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-08-09 01:47:33  
If it's Erucas... I'd save TP for start of fight and SA > WS off the bat then get the hell out of the way. The lower you take its HP the less damage incinerate will do. If the DD are standing where they should be you won't need to erase slow in the first place.

At least that's how I'd do it, and I'd offer it up as a suggestion to the pt, especially with a Taru PLD. Main healing on erucas isn't an easy job to begin with. But then again I'm SCH so I don't have to worry about hasting. Even if I could, it's all for one, one for all.
[+]
 Kujata.Muze
user: Muze
By Kujata.Muze 2009-08-09 01:53:08  
Shindo said:
If it's Erucas... I'd save TP for start of fight and SA > WS off the bat then get the hell out of the way. The lower you take its HP the less damage incinerate will do. If the DD are standing where they should be you won't need to erase slow in the first place.

At least that's how I'd do it, and I'd offer it up as a suggestion to the pt, especially with a Taru PLD. Main healing on erucas isn't an easy job to begin with. But then again I'm SCH so I don't have to worry about hasting. Even if I could, it's all for one, one for all.

Well this was being done (TA though :P), as well as canceling souleater immediately after WS to avoid taking more damage than "needed" and draining HP back to full when MP would allow it. Sticky thread was being spammed though so it was inevitable to get hit by it 8 out of 10 times. Sticky thread doesn't overwrite haste to my knowledge so in the long run, haste would have been more MP efficient than having to cast erase every time.

To the fine lad below me, DDs weren't QQing, just asking for haste or erase when MP was at 400+, it's the OP who's doing the QQing ^^.

Now I'm off for pancakes, happy playing!
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-09 01:53:25  
Healers improve over time and clearly bitching at them won't help

In this case the DDs should Q.Q less and either have a THF or only have 1 DD/THF instead of 2 (if I read that right)

Also the MP was tight and the Mage was dual boxing. If it was me i'd telling them to stfu/gtfo

So its not like he isn't giving his all here
 Kujata.Tillaert
user: Tillaert
By Kujata.Tillaert 2009-08-09 02:35:42  
Thunderz said:
Healers improve over time and clearly bitching at them won't help

In this case the DDs should Q.Q less and either have a THF or only have 1 DD/THF instead of 2 (if I read that right)

Also the MP was tight and the Mage was dual boxing. If it was me i'd telling them to stfu/gtfo

So its not like he isn't giving his all here

Obviously you didn't read the thread. Thank you for your unrelated opinion. :P

MP wasn't tight, it wasn't QQing by the DD, it was QQing by the mage (who started this QQ thread, shouted in whitegate, sent harrasing /tells and posted harrasing messages on profiles on this site) The mage can't handle some simple suggestions and acted like a dramaqueen, how can you defend that?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-10-13 15:22:12  
I have to agree.

I like to play the game and learn about it myself, i dont need some *** trying to be a know it all and tell me how to play, Its annoying.

If someone ask's me for help i help them, if i ask someone for help they usually give me advice.

I do not however, apretiate some *** who thinks he's god or whatever telling me what i should be wearing, or how im supposed to be playing.

Tell me what to do without me asking you, results in me ignoring you.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-10-13 15:36:09  
If someone in my party or LS wears a Domaru or something equally dumb, I'm going to comment on it.
[+]
 Kujata.Fredrik
By Kujata.Fredrik 2009-10-14 13:19:39  
Necro'd. Running out of things to whine about? This is ridiculously old and silly, I barely remember the event itself. Just die already!
[+]
 Pandemonium.Wickster
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Wickster
By Pandemonium.Wickster 2009-10-14 13:44:31  
The first post hurts my eyes!
[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-10-14 13:46:22  
Don't main heal with a Dark staff on, or come to a PT as RDM/WAR and think you're going to hit ***with your sword and shield and you wont be coached at, simple as that :D
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-14 13:49:05  
Can I come rdm/drk with H2H?

I'd hate to be coached over subjob choices during an exp pt.
 Pandemonium.Nususu
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-10-14 14:01:15  
I disagree with the sentiment that FFXI is "just" a game. It's a community, that's how the game works, and in a community, people work together to strengthen the community. If you want "just" a game, go play some single player FF.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Despain
user: Parhelia
By Pandemonium.Despain 2009-10-14 14:43:58  
The whole "its just a game attitude" has gotten pretty old now.

People would rather play with other players who know how to do their jobs, then play with those that think they know how to play, especially when it comes to endgame. I judge everyone based on how they can play, and if they suck, I let them know why and how they can improve it. Its up to them if they want to listen or not. If anything, I'm being an *** by not telling them they suck, and not trying to help them with either gear options or sub options.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-14 15:07:30  
If you don't want criticism when you gimp it up, you best be soloing or better yet, playing a different game.

Welcome to MMO's, where your actions have an impact on those around you! Yes that's right, those are real people in your party and they want to have fun too! When you gimp it up, you are not contributing to a positive experience. You potentially jeopardize that experience by such results as:

* slowing kills to the point where all sense of enjoyment is gone from your EXP party
* causing unnecessary deaths
* hampering your group's ability to kill a given target, forcing them to seek weaker targets
* wasting time, and not in a good way

Excuse made that place your solitary desires above those of those around you indicate that you should probably either find a group that doesn't know any better (GIMPS UNITE!) or go play a single-player video game. Those of us who would rather play at a higher level and not waste time in a 3k/hr EXP party will thank you.

---

That said, it's one thing to coach constructively and another thing to be an outright ***.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Rathz
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2009-10-14 15:48:11  
Personally, I'm a RDM and I haste every melee in the party. Including the PLD. To me, he/she will hit more, thus gaining more hate, and keeping the mob off the other people, so I don't have to cure as much. Correct me if I'm wrong in doing so.

Also, job coaching is fine. As long as your not a *** about it. For instance, a PLD was 1) Using a POLEARM and 2) the polearm was level 18 in a level 58 party, so I asked him why he was using a polearm. He switched to a sword/shield afterwards. See? No argument. Normally I asked if someone would mind that I give a few pointers, before I give them some. If they say no and continue screwing it up, then give them anyway. If they still ignore you and continue to screw up your xp/whatever, then just kick them or request that they leave if they don't want to play their job correctly. Just be kind with your job coaching.