Soooooo Why People Job Coach??

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Kujata » soooooo why people job coach??
soooooo why people job coach??
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-10-14 18:01:59  
Lilbusta said:

I'd hate to be coached over subjob choices during an exp pt.

you can come rdm/mnk if you really feel its necessary for exp.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-14 18:06:50  
Ludoggy said:
Lilbusta said:

I'd hate to be coached over subjob choices during an exp pt.

you can come rdm/mnk if you really feel its necessary for exp.

User submitted image
WHATEVA, WHATEVA, I DO WHAT I WANTTTTT
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-14 18:08:40  
Cause some people suck! And some people think there is only one way of doing things.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2009-10-14 18:21:22  
Excesspain said:
tl;dr.

I coach to an extend.

For example, I tell THFs who make a SATA-WS macro to set it up like so

Quote:
/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Weapon skill" <t>

The TA animation isn't as harsh as the SA one, so the macro runs smoother and goes off a little quicker (or at least it seems like it to me).

Personally...I like to macro in the WS on a seperate macro just cus I macro in as much TA/SA gear as possible (depending on situation)
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-14 18:28:40  
Normally if people are telling me how to better my job, I will listen to them, if they just /tell me to *** about my gear and how I NEED to buy some stupid 10 mil piece of gear that adds like .01 str, i either tell em to piss off, or blist em and ignore them
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-14 18:38:58  
That's why you pick a job like Cor or Pup - not many play it so no one can really comment on them. When I was playing, no one, absolutely no one said a damn thing about how I played Cor. They had no idea how it worked.

Play Sam or Pld, suddenly the world is your teacher.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-14 18:44:17  
Gilhaven said:
Excesspain said:
tl;dr.

I coach to an extend.

For example, I tell THFs who make a SATA-WS macro to set it up like so

Quote:
/ja "Trick Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
/wait 1
/ws "Weapon skill" <t>

The TA animation isn't as harsh as the SA one, so the macro runs smoother and goes off a little quicker (or at least it seems like it to me).

Personally...I like to macro in the WS on a seperate macro just cus I macro in as much TA/SA gear as possible (depending on situation)

Sorry you need to do seperate ws... cause ya know you can and should use more then 1 depending on the situation and seperate TA and SA maccros and different gear for them. Also might even have sperate gear for certain ws and such too.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-10-14 19:01:59  
Well, I imagine anyone learning the basics of a SATA macro should only be about lvl 30 and pre assassin so you probably will not be seperating SATA at that stage. Not to mention someone learning this basic probably has no macros at all.

Gotta learn to walk before you can run.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-14 19:10:41  
True. Though even pre assassin I liked to seperate them.

1. Even with just a general ws/sa/ta gear swap you wont have room for SA TA waits and WS though I suppose you could just make a gear swap maccro.

2. Even without the 100% chance to hit and 100% crit hit the +agi makes using just TAWS useful especially if you can't setup sata and espeically if you can ws with decent acc.

3. Never count on waits to always work right. Lag will mess you up either making it go to early or too late. Just ask rngs who do waits on unlimited shot and how many PPAs they've losted doing that lol.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-14 19:16:36  
Same with SCH, I got the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE questions lvling it like

'does SCH have raise?'

'can SCH main heal?'

It's nice when you can teach other people about a job.
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-10-14 19:17:00  
Why do people job coach?

1. sometimes they honestly want to help you out.

2. they spent a lot of time on that job, and don't like seeing it being used poorly.

3. they may just want to exert dominance over you, and seek self justification by letting you know they've already done what you're doing, and they did it better.

just kind of general references to the topic subject, not a reference to anyone here.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-14 19:20:38  
Aaroca said:
Same with SCH, I got the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE questions lvling it like

'does SCH have raise?'

'can SCH main heal?'

Sch has access to white magic? I thought they could only think they could nuke as well as blm...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-14 19:27:30  
Hit said:
2. they spent a lot of time on that job, and don't like seeing it being used poorly.

This. If you're really passionate about a particular job, it's easy to develop a "Do it right or don't do it at all" mentality.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-14 19:30:19  
Nightfyre said:
Hit said:

This. If you're really passionate about a particular job, it's easy to develop a "Do it right or don't do it at all" mentality.

But it all comes down to "Who said you know what's best?"
 Asura.Hit
By Asura.Hit 2009-10-14 19:33:01  
Haseyo said:
Nightfyre said:
Hit said:

a few years back when i was reading the census **"they" come out with every so often with all kinds of interesting information.. i recall seeing a bit in the job combination area where they were talking about war/nin as a fairly new job combo.
I'd like to be good enough at a job that i could discover something like that one day.
** They referring to Playonline or square or whoever does the official census.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-14 19:42:03  
Haseyo said:

I don't necessarily know what's best, but in most cases I can tell you what is optimal given a set of choices. Math is cool like that.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-14 19:43:38  
Nightfyre said:
Haseyo said:

I don't necessarily know what's best, but in most cases I can tell you what is optimal given a set of choices. Math is cool like that.

I always zoned out when people would ever talk math to me, if ever.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-14 19:44:32  
Nightfyre said:
Haseyo said:

True. I like people who argue math its kinda funny. Well argue good math anyways. People arguing Bush like math should be applauded. But when the numbers are obviously way way one way so even small errors wont mess it up... Also I believe you said I was Has...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-14 19:47:31  
Haseyo said:
Nightfyre said:
Haseyo said:

I always zoned out when people would ever talk math to me, if ever.

So Has a mob is moving at you at an average speed of 5'/sec gravity slows that by 1/2. Now AM2 takes 10 sec to cast and you have fast cast 2. If the wind weather is up blowing from the east and a galka is dancing in front of the mobs how large of an aspir will you get. (Note this is the first female galka in history and She is actually a hot dnc. Round to the nearest whole number)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-14 19:48:34  
Just saying in general.
A huge roll on giving out advice about a job is the tone used.
If you start screaming at someone and cursing about how to use Flash, 99.9% of the time the person will ignore.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-14 19:49:40  
Dasva said:
Shtuff

*** I LOVE ICE CREAM
User submitted image
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-14 19:50:07  
Dasva said:
Nightfyre said:
Haseyo said:

True. I like people who argue math its kinda funny. Well argue good math anyways. People arguing Bush like math should be applauded. But when the numbers are obviously way way one way so even small errors wont mess it up... Also I believe you said I was Has...

When it gets that murky, even the hardcore number crunchers tend to just say "use whichever you feel works best for you." Especially since in many of those situations it may depend on a number of variables that will vary from player to player.

When did I say you were Haseyo?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-14 19:51:39  
Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Nightfyre said:
Haseyo said:

When it gets that murky, even the hardcore number crunchers tend to just say "use whichever you feel works best for you." Especially since in many of those situations it may depend on a number of variables that will vary from player to player.

When did I say you were Haseyo?

No I meant Has said I was the best. Also when people claim things like hagun adds so much dmg to there wss and you do the math and its like 50% more dmg.... you just gotta /facepalm
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-14 19:54:30  

Dasva said:
Aaroca said:

'does SCH have raise?'

'can SCH main heal?'

Sch has access to white magic? I thought they could only think they could nuke as well as blm...

SCH CAN NUKE A BAJILLION FAFILLION DMG ON ABSOLUTE VIRTUE.

jk iludavsa<3
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-14 19:56:04  
Aaroca said:
Dasva said:
Aaroca said:

'does SCH have raise?'

'can SCH main heal?'

SCH CAN NUKE A BAJILLION FAFILLION DMG ON ABSOLUTE VIRTUE.

For a sec I almost believed you then you said this....
Aaroca said:
jk iludavsa<3
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-14 19:58:42  
Get every Sch on the server, and just Helix his *** while wiping. He'll drop eventually!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-14 19:59:19  
How is 20% (the actual number assuming WS @ 100TP) not a significant increase in a game of 0.5% increases? 20% is a fair chunk of damage. All told, Hagun alone is easily a 12% increase to a SAM's DPS from Onimaru. That's pretty big in FFXI.
 Shiva.Clowdd
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-10-14 20:36:19  
This whole topic was a Wall o' Text.
 Asura.Hit
By Asura.Hit 2009-10-14 20:44:08  
After the OP was discovered to be perpetrating his grievance much of the post lost it's meaning. However i think some good points were made otherwise.
 Remora.Jackieolivas
サーバ: Remora
user: Rahziela
By Remora.Jackieolivas 2009-10-14 20:49:25  
Beer is good. And stuff.
/endrandomcomment

People tend to feel the need to show that they are better at something than someone. Its part of human nature. And comments about gear... Generally, I blacklist the person or leave a party immediately. Especially when its something ridiculous. The post about Hagun is however very inciteful.