users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Visual C++ runtime error in voidwatch
Visual C++ runtime error in voidwatch
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Hollowshell
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Hollowshell 2014-06-25 01:35:52  
Lately I've been crashing every time I do voidwatch. This crashing began 4 or 5 days ago, and it happens on both of my ffxi installations (one on my laptop, another on my media center/TV rig).

Sometimes it happens within 30 seconds of a voidwatch nm spawning, and other times it takes a few minutes, but inevitably I crash. The same error message appears every time, which says "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

Normally I'd solve this myself by googling the error code, but I haven't found any similar cases. I'd appreciate any assistance. Please let me know what additional information I need to provide. Thank you.
By fractalvoid 2014-06-25 01:46:02  
I got this once yesterday, as well as my friend (multiple times) - but I've been able to do voidwatch since without crashing. Have no idea what it could be :/
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-06-25 03:09:52  
It has been reported a lot recently, but I have no idea what could be causing it. Can you see if you can make a crash dump?
 Lakshmi.Minivict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Minivict 2014-06-25 03:31:18  
Same exact thing happened to me today @Kaggen. First time I've seen it before.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2014-06-25 04:28:33  
I've heard people say it's related to Scoreboard, but I've done VW with SB enabled and I haven't experienced this issue.
 Leviathan.Hollowshell
By Leviathan.Hollowshell 2014-06-25 13:11:34  
Well I'm sorry to hear, but also a bit relieved, that it's not just me having this problem.

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
I've heard people say it's related to Scoreboard, but I've done VW with SB enabled and I haven't experienced this issue.

One of the first things I tried was disabling all addons and plugins. Sadly it didn't help.

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
Can you see if you can make a crash dump?

I'd be happy to. Is this page's description up to date still?
 Asura.Felgarr
サーバ: Asura
user: Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-06-25 13:33:24  
Disable all of your addons and plugins. Might have to narrow which one is the problem?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-06-25 14:21:48  
Leviathan.Hollowshell said: »
Can you see if you can make a crash dump?

I'd be happy to. Is this page's description up to date still?

Yes.
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2014-06-25 14:48:43  
Had this happen a few times with a friend. Mostly in Providence.
Quite annoying.
 Leviathan.Hollowshell
By Leviathan.Hollowshell 2014-06-25 15:01:18  
Alright then, heres the crash dump. Thanks again to Lahlu for inviting me for Kaggen x1 to make this.

And thanks a lot for taking a look Arcon, it's much appreciated.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-25 15:07:13  
Is this strictly windower related, or does it occur without windower running?

Might be completely unrelated, but I installed another game on my PC recently, which forced an install of the latest DirectX drivers. Ever since then, FFXI has been running a little choppy - when I pan the camera, the top, middle, and bottom thirds of the screen seem to judder independently of one another. A couple of times, FFXI has crashed after particularly intensive juddering. This is just using the regular POL client - no windower.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-06-27 23:49:26  
I had this happen during Kam'nalaut and only that fight... Twice in two runs and my friends too. Our mules didn't crash at all though lol, only the people engaged.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-06-28 00:26:45  
Leviathan.Hollowshell said: »
Alright then, heres the crash dump. Thanks again to Lahlu for inviting me for Kaggen x1 to make this.

And thanks a lot for taking a look Arcon, it's much appreciated.

Unfortunately that's a 64-bit crash dump. We will need a 32-bit crash dump to be able to debug it :\
 Leviathan.Hollowshell
By Leviathan.Hollowshell 2014-06-28 03:28:21  
Unfortunately that's a 64-bit crash dump. We will need a 32-bit crash dump to be able to debug it :\

Ah I see, I didn't realize. I'll look it up in the morning and see if I can make a 32.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-06-28 12:27:12  
I actually had this happen yesterday in Delve... I can't do the crash dump, but it's not specifically a voidwatch thing.
 Phoenix.Urteil
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-07-02 22:15:46  
I run windows 7 64 bit.

Have been crashing during VW constantly for the past hour here are the details after I am told by a Window (With the Windower icon) "runtime has requested the application be ended in an unusual way"

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: pol.exe
Application Version: 1.18.13.0
Application Timestamp: 4e3bcddc
Fault Module Name: ImeUiDll.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 45bde926
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 00006cd0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0b22
Additional Information 2: 0b22d44d4160027bc09370794d029761
Additional Information 3: 74ca
Additional Information 4: 74ca829d7d0c39bcaca3edc88eea5bcd
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-02 22:25:56  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I actually had this happen yesterday in Delve... I can't do the crash dump, but it's not specifically a voidwatch thing.

Can also confirm this on Windows 8 as i ENgaged the T4 in Yorcia, happens everytime I'm near GEO buffs on this NM :/
 Leviathan.Hollowshell
By Leviathan.Hollowshell 2014-07-04 15:51:14  
Sorry for the delay here, I haven't been able to play ffxi much the past few days. I managed to find and use the installer for the x86 version of WinDbg.

So here's another crash dump, this time taken with the x86 version of WinDbg.

Thank you again for taking a look at it.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-07-04 16:08:00  
I've been having this problem as well in a variety of situations, all battle-related though. I think it's connected to the Timers plugin, as I've only had that problem when using it, or occasionally if I load/unload/reload it. After keeping the plugin off, I haven't had the problem. Do the rest of you use Timers?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-07-09 19:49:13  
Do you really think that it is Timers? That seems like quite the unexpected answer.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-07-09 21:05:50  
Faulting application name: pol.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x4e3bcddc
Faulting module name: ImeUiDll.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x45bde926
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x00006cd0
Faulting process id: 0x1c34
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf9bdfa77ae258
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ImeUiDll.dll
Report Id: 0b4a3d43-07d6-11e4-84bb-00c2c60bf7ce

This is from my event viewer while running Windows 7 64bit.
 Leviathan.Hollowshell
By Leviathan.Hollowshell 2014-07-09 21:28:32  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Do you really think that it is Timers?

I don't think it's Timers either. The error still occurs (for me at least) with all plugins/addons disabled, Timers included. The only time I've been able to do VW without crashing since I started this thread was without using Windower at all.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-07-09 21:50:05  
How many of you use Nvidia cards and have Beta drivers installed?

(this guy.)

It very much seems to be a graphical problem, I usually crash when the monster is proc'd and the !! pops out in conjunction with me hitting a JA or being in a WS animation.
 Leviathan.Hollowshell
By Leviathan.Hollowshell 2014-07-10 01:00:25  
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
How many of you use Nvidia cards and have Beta drivers installed?

Not I. My media center rig has a AMD 7870 in it, and my laptop has a AMD 5870 (mobility version, obviously). Neither are running beta drivers currently.

We will need a 32-bit crash dump to be able to debug it :\

Any luck with this? I realize a bit of time passed between the request for a 32 bit crash dump and my posting of one. Just curious if it was seen or not.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-07-10 03:03:17  
Sorry, I completely missed that.

Anyway, it indicates the error is in LuaCore, but still not much beyond that. I will push a new version a bit later today, it would be cool if you could retry with that.

For future reference, if something gets reported on these forums I may miss it, because I don't pay that much attention to this place. If you want to make sure it gets reported correctly please post on our issue tracker. I don't believe there is even a ticket for this bug yet, which is really quite perplexing.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-07-10 03:03:40  
Also, can you confirm that it only happens to you when you have a lot of buffs? That's what someone else has reported and it seems to fit.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2014-07-10 03:48:11  
It always happens to me after the fight has been under way for at least 10+ seconds. By that time I have at least 12 buffs on due to braver's drink etc.
 Leviathan.Hollowshell
By Leviathan.Hollowshell 2014-07-10 04:09:53  
Also, can you confirm that it only happens to you when you have a lot of buffs?

I think that may be it. My main job is lolmelee red mage, and one of my closest friends is a 4 song bard, so as you can imagine I always have an excessive amount of buffs on me. I took another look at a few screen grabs of the runtime error message I'd taken (with a frozen ffxi in the background), and in every one of them I have 31 buffs on me when I crash.

So to confirm, I went out to West Sarutabaruta, popped Virvatuli, and started spamming buffs/temps on myself. Sure enough, I crashed at 31 buff icons. I hadn't been able to recreate the crash reliably solo before.

If you want to make sure it gets reported correctly please post on our issue tracker.

Duly noted for future reference. Sorry about that.

I will push a new version a bit later today, it would be cool if you could retry with that.

It's 2 am here at the moment, but if I see windower update when I log on tomorrow I'll give it a shot and report back.

And seriously, thank you for looking into this. I really appreciate it.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-07-10 07:27:41  
Can you see if it works with this file?

Just rename your old file in your plugins folder, place this one in and reload it inside the game.
 Leviathan.Hollowshell
By Leviathan.Hollowshell 2014-07-10 15:32:52  
To clarify something that I wrote last night, it's the 32nd buff that seems to trigger the crash. I can have 31 buff icons on me, but windower crashes immediately after the 32nd buff is cast, before the icon can appear.

Can you see if it works with this file?

Sadly this didn't seem to work.

Also, since the crash's trigger is now known, I decided to attempt to recreate the crash outside of Voidwatch. I went out to Abyssea (La Theine specifically) and successfully triggered the crash there as well. I wasn't fighting anything at the time, this was triggered standing in front of the atma npc. So I can confirm (as others in this thread have said) it isn't Voidwatch specific.
First Page 2