日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Gear Discussion ? For Mnks
Gear Discussion ? For Mnks
 Asura.Artemicion
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-10 18:12:40  
In other words: If you don't miss that much, use osode, otherwise togi?
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-10 18:26:22  
Seeing as I don't want to go back and do my math again, I missed a small part where the osode gives 5 attack. It wouldn't make huge enough of a diff for osode to beat 15 attack and the 5 extra acc, but it would most likely be enough for osode to win at capped acc.

So yea, uncapped, togi. caped, osode in terms of acc

This is unless you can make better swaps for that acc. like I'd swap out cuchulain for forager, Nkote for Okote ect before i'd swap osode in togi's place.

So, depending on your other slots, togi may still win in caped acc situations.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-10 18:51:32  
K just to leave no loose ends
Osode: 6.1945% increase on average
Togi: 9.80% average increase

is where we stand

Osode also gets 5 attack from the 10 str, which was overlooked.

Let's see how much the 5 attack pushes osode (it won't be over 3% i can tell u that now though)

500 base attack

Greater Colibri
# Level 82: Defense 327, Evasion 339, VIT 67, AGI 67

500/327-.35 = 1.17905
505/327-.35 = 1.19434

1.19434/1.17905 = 1.297% increase

70/30 split
1.297 x . 7 = .9079% increase

I don't feel like doing it out again for lv 81 birds which when u average it will be LESS since attack helps more on higher lv mobs, so we'll count the average as .9079%

6.1945 + .9079 = 7.1024

New figure

Togi: 9.80% average increase from no body
Osode: 7.1024% average increase from no body
 Phoenix.Jovant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2009-08-10 20:25:26  
Full usu to Tp in only... dont WS in it, and if you dont have ALL 5 items then i wouldnt use them as singles personally unless it was feet or head. but you'll be sacrificing haste to have a stronger acc + att build, which in certain situations its ok. me personally i wouldnt use usu body/hands/legs if im not using all 5 pieces. so... full usu to TP in and macro in att for WS. (shura/b-kotes/moggle mission hat)

i only have usu body/head/feet missing hands & legs. but i full time head & feet and just use body as a e-pen right now, town gear >.>;

as for the people who says salvage takes a long time to upgrade... there wrong... take it from me i started salvage Three months and a couple a days ago and already gotten 5x 35 pieces 3 of which were from my main gear set (usukane) others was free lotted because other members already gotten there item or they just didnt want. but, I did go 7 days out of the week in my salvage LS and salvage > all. In fact I sacrificed HNMls events just to do salvage. as for costly? body & head are the most while feet/legs/hands are below 300k... head i just brought the ingots total was about 2m. and for the body i funded through ISNM's. i did the Puk one when i had nothing to do and seen /sh in WG... but the majority of my ores came from "Happy Caster" which i soloed or sometimes duo'd with my blm.
funding for usu body this way not only capped my job xp on all 4 of my jobs nin/brd/mnk/blm (43,999) but i also capped out my mnk/blm in merits. fyi i still do happy caster as a purpose of making gil now... and in the processes of capping out brd & nin

so don’t let anyone tell you its hard to get completed usukane… if your determined enough (like me) you’ll be able to get it in no time just take effort to get the pieces, and a brain to rack up the gil.

edit: also iv'e seen people talking about guard skill... some where just forgot who. again, if your determined u can get this up asap. it took me approximately SIX DAYS, 6 DAYS! to get guard skill from 54-203. using mnk/dnc.
from 203+ thats when you "really" have to start working... 54-203 was a freaking joke...
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-10 20:30:14  
Vegetto said:
Seeing as I don't want to go back and do my math again, I missed a small part where the osode gives 5 attack. It wouldn't make huge enough of a diff for osode to beat 15 attack and the 5 extra acc, but it would most likely be enough for osode to win at capped acc.

So yea, uncapped, togi. caped, osode in terms of acc

This is unless you can make better swaps for that acc. like I'd swap out cuchulain for forager, Nkote for Okote ect before i'd swap osode in togi's place.

So, depending on your other slots, togi may still win in caped acc situations.

I suppose this would be similar to say, a dragoon using askar body combined with homam gloves vs Homam body & dusk gloves paired up. Totally depends on your hit rate to begin with.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-10 20:42:39  
Well not really, dusk gloves should pretty much always be used over dusk. Only time I'd ever consider dusk is if they were +1.

As far as askar is concerned, it would be clear winner each time on /sam for 6hit, but now w/ rose strap introduced, it is easier to work around.

I've always personally preferred my Aurum Cuirass though. w/ it, I have enough stp to fulltime sword strap and not lose 6hit
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-10 21:28:12  
Vegetto said:
Well not really, dusk gloves should pretty much always be used over dusk.

>:o
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-08-10 21:40:19  
Pretty sure he meant homam lol.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-10 21:45:00  
Eh, the way I see it, is if you aren't capped or really close to acc cap then the extra contact will outweigh almost any amount of attack. Similar to the whole "what good is extra damage if you can't hit?" saying but on a much lighter scale. But I suppose that's what makes FFXI great, there's always a debate between items, and you can always play whatever works for you.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-10 21:52:25  
Yakutatazu said:
Pretty sure he meant homam lol.

^
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-08-10 22:59:19  
Wow, I'm glad you guys are actually posting good info and no one is flamming anyone yet. Haha

Thanks for the insights.
To those who said that cobra gear isn't worth it to stop leveling for, I have actually stopped XPing on Mnk to do campaign so I can get them. So I should just get the legs/body/head pieces when I can and keep leveling?

Also any other tips on my gear as far as upgrades I could make?
Right now I am gonna pick up a tiphia sting for the extra ACC and ATT.
But as far as head and legs, I don't know what else to wear besides what I have now and the cobra pieces. At least not until I can do some sky. Ohat at 70 and turban at 75, then I'll do sky and work on osode and kitty pants. THEN look for a salvage shell, because I do intend to work on full usukane. I think I could pull it off before 14 comes out haha.

Thanks again.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-08-10 23:18:43  
Where does Mirke Wardecors augmented with acc+10 and attack+10 fight in for MNK?

It's like a Haubergeon for MNK, pretty awesome.
 Cerberus.Geldric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-10 23:24:52  
It fights in 10 attack less than togi! Togi =/= Haubergeon(+1)?!
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-08-10 23:25:35  
I love my Mirke, Idc if togi might be better with the Anwig now.. I like my HP since I solo or low man a lot.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-10 23:26:21  
Geldric said:
It fights in 10 attack less than togi! Togi =/= Haubergeon(+1)?!

10 Atk + 5Str =/= 10 Atk

Edit**

10 Atk + 5Str > 10 Atk also works

Double Edit**

My point is, its not 10 atk, its 10 atk + 5 str, Vs 20 Atk, not 10 less, im tired. ; ;
 Cerberus.Geldric
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-08-10 23:48:07  
Nevermind deleted his post.;
 Valefor.Usul
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Usul 2009-08-10 23:51:10  
The comparison is more like this..
Mirke: +60(65)hp +5dex +5str +5agi +10mp +2(1)def
Togi: +10atk
Togi+1: +12atk +1acc

Edit: Yeah didn't know it would cram them together, I had it formed different. -.-;
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-11 00:23:55  
Mainly comes out to be this

20 attack 10 acc vs 5 str 12-13 attack 5 dex(which rly shouldn't change ur crit rate on mnk on any mob that matters) 12-13 acc.

Have to keep in mind that dex and str will give extra acc/attack.

There is a comparision on KI if you want I can dig up the link later, don't feel like doing the work myself, that shows that its the best non usu body mnk can use, beating Togi(+1), Enkidu, Osode, ect.
 Fairy.Gillmaree
user: gillmaree
By Fairy.Gillmaree 2009-08-11 01:28:00  
I am still a MNK work in progress, no BB yet, no Osode. I dropped Mirke Wardecors in favor of Nuevo Coselete, wanted something decent for my PLD until I have enough AN for the new IR Body. Going for the Anwig from MKD. I haven't started Salvage yet for Usukane, so what pieces from Nyzul would be good? All I have right now are feet. Someone told me the body (Cobra) from Campaign might be worth looking at, but there is so much........

I currently have:

Destroyers
Tiphia Sting
Bibiki Seashell
Mamoolbane
Walmart Turban
O.Hat
5/5 MNK relic from Dynamis
O.Kotes
Genbu's Kabuto
Melee Crown +1
Suzaku's Sune-Ate
Byakko's Haidate
Dune Boots
Denali Gamashes
Brown Belt
Foragers Mantle
Shura Togi
Brutal Earring
Raja's Ring
Minuet earring (everytime I go after a Merman's there are none)
Uthalums Ring (sp)
Soil Gorget
Chiv Chain
Plus a bunch of MND gear for Chi Blast.

Would like to get Faith Torque from Sea, hopefully soon.

Any advice you can give me Vegetto? I am not the most talented or geared MNK, but I do have a very strong love of the job/class :)
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-08-11 01:54:36  
/hijacked
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-08-11 01:55:42  
I dropped my Mirke for Nuevo too, but recently re-obtained my Mirke and it's a better trade off for me. Unless you're a career PLD I see no reason to keep Nuevo once you can get the Iron Ram body (I'm getting one asap.. need 1 more rank up, already have the notes saved up for it).

I don't have any salvage gear either, wanting to get in a small static though when I return to Fairy. Came back from lolquitting (again) and decided to move to Valefor for a lil bit as Usul to try to find Yunalessca if any another Fairy ppl knew her.. seems she quit though :/ Anyways point of that was I'm looking for salvage group in 3 months or w/e it is.

Since this has turned into 'ask Vegetto' time.. I'm curious if you've tested much with the new Anwig piece.. I got one and it's totally messed up my STR tier I had balanced out with my ACC(while /NIN). I don't merit or use MNK in high lvl occasions often so I haven't been able to see how much it really helped.

Edit: I'm sure Basilo is happy that Togi might actually be better now for Asuran at least. I never could talk him into getting a Mirke.
 Valefor.Usul
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Usul 2009-08-11 02:01:37  
Bshizzle said:
/hijacked

Don't wait for cobra gear, get it asap though.. pants would be really nice from that set until you can get better ones (legs are personally always my worst slot).

You probably won't be lvl 68+ all the time in exp as you grind to 75 so don't worry too much. You can worry about lvl 70-75 gear when you get to 75 if all your parties are going to be between 54 and 70.

Do you macro your af in for focus/dodge? Stuff like that and learning skills as a MNK will outweigh getting a minimal boost in gear stats. Someone with the best gear isn't always the best, master what you have and work to upgrade it but don't let not having something stop you from making yourself better.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-08-11 02:29:33  
Gillmaree said:
I am still a MNK work in progress, no BB yet, no Osode. I dropped Mirke Wardecors in favor of Nuevo Coselete, wanted something decent for my PLD until I have enough AN for the new IR Body. Going for the Anwig from MKD. I haven't started Salvage yet for Usukane, so what pieces from Nyzul would be good? All I have right now are feet. Someone told me the body (Cobra) from Campaign might be worth looking at, but there is so much........

I currently have:

Destroyers
Tiphia Sting
Bibiki Seashell
Mamoolbane
Walmart Turban
O.Hat
5/5 MNK relic from Dynamis
O.Kotes
Genbu's Kabuto
Melee Crown +1
Suzaku's Sune-Ate
Byakko's Haidate
Dune Boots
Denali Gamashes
Brown Belt
Foragers Mantle
Shura Togi
Brutal Earring
Raja's Ring
Minuet earring (everytime I go after a Merman's there are none)
Uthalums Ring (sp)
Soil Gorget
Chiv Chain
Plus a bunch of MND gear for Chi Blast.

Would like to get Faith Torque from Sea, hopefully soon.

Any advice you can give me Vegetto? I am not the most talented or geared MNK, but I do have a very strong love of the job/class :)

Your gear looks pretty good. Grab a pair of fuma though, as they are better than Dune Boots. If you are unable to get Fuma, provided your acc is uncapped, Denali Shoes will also provide greater DoT than dune boots.

The rest looks pretty solid aside from obvious upgrades (Chiv to pcc/torque, ect).
Minuet earring is better than merman's, provided your acc is uncapped and you have minuet on.

As for the anwig salde, I'd have to know exactly what you do on mnk to be able to tell you the best decision, as well as your other jobs.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-08-11 12:24:08  
I have MNK/SAM/THF/BRD/PLD. But I gear MNK first and foremost. I may not use MNK the most in events but I do all my extra activities and solo as MNK.

Anwig is nice for THF too for DE, I am not sure how it'll stack up vs Maat's cap though with a few ws like Howling/Ascetic/Dragon. Still have 2 more jobs to finish for the cap so it's Anwig only for MNK and THF ws atm(I don't see G.kabuto being better for MNK, VIT isn't that great on the Mod).

I doubt I will ever get a togi, but I'm just curious if it replaces Mirke for ws at least. My current Asuran build is http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=68291, with it and capped STR merits (Elvaan char) I hit 110 STR for a tier break barely. I generally eat pizza so I don't worry about STR from food. No usukane yet so I stick to food with a little ACC still. I rely on my hp/sb from AF2+1 hands since I solo/low man, ACC hands don't benefit me enough to justify losing those stats(I tend to TP in AF2 pants instead of shura since no B.haidate due the SB too, it's very noticeable soloing and a life saver).
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-11 12:48:19  
Vegetto said:
Your gear looks pretty good. Grab a pair of fuma though, as they are better than Dune Boots. If you are unable to get Fuma, provided your acc is uncapped, Denali Shoes will also provide greater DoT than dune boots.

The rest looks pretty solid aside from obvious upgrades (Chiv to pcc/torque, ect).
Minuet earring is better than merman's, provided your acc is uncapped and you have minuet on.

As for the anwig salde, I'd have to know exactly what you do on mnk to be able to tell you the best decision, as well as your other jobs.
Finally someone else that agrees Dune are horrible unless for some strange reason you're meleeing a mob with very high def and having to use Footwork...
I see so many Monks these days that think Dune are better than 3% Haste.... Or even 2% Haste and the additional stats on Usu...
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-08-11 12:52:07  
Only time I use Dune boots is when I have time to tp to 300% before popping a NM for an opening ws. They look ugly too lol.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-11 12:53:14  
lol, yeah. They're nice for Footwork + DK too.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-08-11 13:09:30  
Outside 300TP DK I don't use footwork or dunes really. I'd rather use Howling or even Ascetic if I'm not using Asuran for w/e reason. I don't find DK any better and more of a hassle to use at lower tps.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-11 13:10:57  
Yeah, Asuran wins 100-200TP, DK at 300 with Footwork / Dune.
 Bahamut.Kosaka
user:
By Bahamut.Kosaka 2009-08-11 13:51:59
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Question, does that mean Dune boots are good when fighting HNM or is even their defense to low for it to merit use over haste?