Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 110 111 112
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kido
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2020-12-26 11:04:54  
I see most tp sets with Ioskeha+1, is it truly better than R15 Sailfi+1?
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-12-26 13:49:09  
Bahamut.Jackflashh said: »
Usually yes it is for drg tp sets, drg comes with a ton of DA and usually stacks a lot as well, because of how multi attack priority work adding triple attack lowers your effective double attack so in most cases the 9 DA beats 2 TA and 5 DA

For an example to make the math easy lets say you have 45 DA (low end for drg) and no other multi attack sailfi would get you to 50 DA and 2 TA but the 2 TA would mean the 50DA only applies to 98% of swings so it becomes effectively 49% chance for DA so on average you would have 1+2*.02+.49 = 1.53 swings per round

Meanwhile the 9 DA gets you to 54 DA which would give 1.54 average swings per round.

The advantage TA has over DA decreases as you increase the amount of DA you have.

There is also the issue of attack + str vs acc for tp, I would usually tend towards the acc just to make sure I'm still hitting if a buff is missing or something.

There are a few builds where you may prefer the 1 higher haste but usually if you need more haste you can just overcap haste with hasso or you need more than 1 and gotta look into Tempus fugit.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-26 14:09:03  
the difference is not going to show up on a parse, despite what anyone will try to convince you of otherwise. use sailfi+1. used on more jobs and clears up an inventory space.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-12-26 15:23:58  
Ioskeha+1 will clearly win if the accuracy matters
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2020-12-26 18:00:22  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
The advantage TA has over DA decreases as you increase the amount of DA you have.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the opposite of how multi attack works in this game, unless you're hitting 100%? Without going out of my way to look for the math, I was always under the impression that multi attack has considerably diminished returns after reaching a threshold, and QA > TA > DA.

Seems fishy, unless there's something vastly different about Drg than other melee. I could be totally wrong though.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-26 23:18:02  
Asura.Bippin said: »
obviously, but most people can't figure out how much accuracy they need anyways and overcap by a lot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-12-27 17:07:44  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the opposite of how multi attack works in this game, unless you're hitting 100%? Without going out of my way to look for the math, I was always under the impression that multi attack has considerably diminished returns after reaching a threshold, and QA > TA > DA.

Seems fishy, unless there's something vastly different about Drg than other melee. I could be totally wrong though.

So lets see easiest way to explain this is if you have 100 DA and then add some TA the TA is higher on the multi attack priority list so if you have say 10 TA you would effectively have the full 10 TA but DA no longer triggers that 10% of the time when TA triggers so now only 90% of your swings will be DA. So while you do get the full amount of TA, it effectively is lowering your DA and when you look at the total effect on average number of swings per attack round you don't see as large of an increase per point of TA as you would if you had 0 DA. If you had 0 DA you would be replacing normal single swings with triple swings, gaining 2 swings but if you have 100 DA you replace double swings with triple swings and only see 1 extra swing from the Triple attack over what you would already have.

Also if you are on a job with a ton of TA such as thf or rdm you don't get as much out of DA because say you have 33 TA then you add 10 DA you would see 33% chance of TA and 6.7% chance of DA triggering, not the full 10% from the DA so you generally want to stick to one type of multi attack when you can, there are items like niqmaddu ring that are just so much better than the alternatives you use them anyways but in the case of Ioskeha+1, vs R15 Sailfi+1 where you can trade 4 DA for 2 TA, jobs that already have a ton of DA will prefer to keep stacking the DA as long as you are under 100.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-12-27 17:16:50  
Also if you are on a job with a ton of TA such as thf or rdm you don't get as much out of DA because say you have 33 TA then you add 10 DA you would see 33% chance of TA and 6.7% chance of DA triggering, not the full 10% from the DA so you generally want to stick to one type of multi attack when you can, there are items like niqmaddu ring that are just so much better than the alternatives you use them anyways but in the case of Ioskeha+1, vs R15 Sailfi+1 where you can trade 4 DA for 2 TA, jobs that already have a ton of DA will prefer to keep stacking the DA as long as you are under 100.

That's not right, you choose whatever piece gives the most in that slot regardless of it's type.

The very generic rule of thumb is
1 QA = 1.5 TA
1 TA = 2 DA

Exact amounts depend on what your MA rate already is.

Use this to figure out what the ultimate MA (Multi-Attack) rate is for a certain set, add / subtract pieces and see how much it goes up / down then use that as a guide.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zv6C1D04LxwjEE_464C4_Hv9eYqtaezQKfCcfWafwZc/edit#gid=0
[+]
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2020-12-27 18:02:58  
Asura.Saevel said: »

That's not right, you choose whatever piece gives the most in that slot regardless of it's type.

1 QA = 1.5 TA
1 TA = 2 DA

Use this to figure out what the ultimate MA (Multi-Attack) rate is for a certain set, add / subtract pieces and see how much it goes up / down then use that as a g

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zv6C1D04LxwjEE_464C4_Hv9eYqtaezQKfCcfWafwZc/edit#gid=0

Thank you, finally some information from someone that doesn't just seem like opinion.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-12-27 19:06:06  
Asura.Saevel said: »

1 QA = 1.5 TA
1 TA = 2 DA

Use this to figure out what the ultimate MA (Multi-Attack) rate is for a certain set, add / subtract pieces and see how much it goes up / down then use that as a g

You're right I'm being very imprecise

That very generic rule breaks down in a lot of situations, over last few posts I've pointed out examples where 1 TA = 1.5 DA, 1 TA ~1 DA and 1 TA ~ 3 DA depending how much DA and TA you already have, of course a lot of people dont want to math out every situation. The generic rule is good for low amounts of multi attack but can break down a lot these days with large amounts of multi attack available. Thankfully it breaks down in a very specific way and we can predict if it is <, =, or >.

if you already have more than twice as much DA as TA then for additional TA vs DA
1 TA < 2 DA
if you already have exactly twice as much DA as TA then for additional TA vs DA
1 TA = 2 DA
if you already have less than twice as much DA as TA then
1 TA > 2 DA

you can do similar comparisons with QA.
comparing QA to 1.5 TA or QA to 3DA
 Bismarck.Darcain
サーバ: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2020-12-29 19:54:32  
Lets see your favorite DRG Dark Matter augments from past or present events to make everyone jealous, and give false hope.

Here's my favorite. The pet STP is just icing on the cake.

[+]
By Heghmoh 2021-01-15 19:10:26  
anyone have a simple GS insert for elemental breaths? Trying to get it in to midcast for natural magic bursts to slightly increase output...
 Ragnarok.Casey
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2021-01-15 23:34:50  
There's a lot of ways you can do it, such as checking if you have a pet in player aftercast in a WS and setting your gear there, or this 5 second hack I put together for a mote lua
Code
function job_pet_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	if string.find(spell.name,'Breath') and string.find(spell.name,'Healing') == nil then
		equip(sets.midcast.ElementalBreath)
		windower.send_command('wait 1.2;gs c update')
	end
end

function job_pet_aftercast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
end

issues can arise if your wyvern has amnesia such as pet aftercast not firing -- which is what that weird send command with gs c update is for. Last I checked, your wyvern will "ready" a breath even if they have amnesia, but it won't give you a packet to know that the breath never fired. you may want to tweak the wait in there.
[+]
By gazzerl 2021-02-08 09:17:00  
Can anyone point me in a direction for bis stardiver with aoenics weapon , i have looked under sets and some go for DA others go for wsd i am so confused.
By Crossbones 2021-02-08 09:37:43  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Here_Be_DRGs
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-08 11:58:33  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
obviously, but most people can't figure out how much accuracy they need anyways and overcap by a lot.

How would you recommend players estimate the requisite accuracy levels for content? When I play monk, I always over gear for accuracy because of impetus, but sometimes that same habit translates to other jobs. Would be interested in your suggestions on how to correctly gauge what accuracy you should shoot for and when you need to stop and gear elsewhere (besides eyeballing)
By SimonSes 2021-02-08 12:36:59  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

How would you recommend players estimate the requisite accuracy levels for content? When I play monk, I always over gear for accuracy because of impetus, but sometimes that same habit translates to other jobs. Would be interested in your suggestions on how to correctly gauge what accuracy you should shoot for and when you need to stop and gear elsewhere (besides eyeballing)

The only real way is to parse, while knowing your acc. If its capped, try to adjust for next time and parse again.

Doing that you will know acc thresholds for repetitive events.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-02-08 15:19:12  
To add with what Simon said, trail and error with parse really.

The biggest thing that comes into play is having your gear swap set up to easily swap in more accuracy as needed. In something like dynamis accuracy needed can change from mob to mob and even as buffs/debuffs change.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2021-02-10 00:42:08  
Quote:
Gleti's Mask
DEF:152 HP+68 STR+33 DEX+28 VIT+30 AGI+23 INT+19 MND+19 CHR+19
Accuracy+40 Attack+40 Magic Accuracy+40
Evasion+83 Magic Evasion+86 "Magic Def. Bonus"+13
Haste+6% Enmity-8
Physical damage limit +6% "Regain"+2 Critical hit rate +5% Physical damage taken -6%
Pet: Accuracy+50 Ranged Accuracy+50 Magic Accuracy+50

Gleti's Cuirass
DEF:184 HP+91 STR+39 DEX+34 VIT+39 AGI+26 INT+26 MND+26 CHR+26
Evasion+94 Magic Evasion+102 "Magic Def. Bonus"+15
Haste+3%
Physical damage limit +9% "Waltz" potency +10% "Regain"+3 Critical hit rate +8% Physical damage taken -9%
Pet: Accuracy+50 Ranged Accuracy+50 Magic Accuracy+50

Gleti's Gauntlets
DEF:138 HP+68 STR+20 DEX+42 VIT+43 AGI+15 INT+14 MND+30 CHR+24
Evasion+72 Magic Evasion+75 "Magic Def. Bonus"+12
Haste+3%
"Regain"+2 Physical damage limit +7% Critical hit rate +6% Physical damage taken -7%
Pet: Accuracy+50 Ranged Accuracy+50 Magic Accuracy+50 Damage taken -8%

Gleti's Greaves
DEF:165 HP+79 STR+49 VIT+37 AGI+23 INT+30 MND+20 CHR+17
Evasion+77 Magic Evasion+112 "Magic Def. Bonus"+14
Haste+5% P
hysical damage limit +8% "Sic" and "Ready" ability delay -5 "Regain"+3 Critical hit rate +7% Physical damage taken -8%
Pet: Acc.+50 Ranged Acc.+50 Magic Acc.+50

Gleti's Boots
DEF:119 HP+57 STR+28 DEX+29 VIT+26 AGI+33 MND+12 CHR+26
Evasion+110 Magic Evasion+112 "Magic Def. Bonus"+13
Haste+3%
"Regain"+2 Physical damage limit +5% Critical hit rate +4% Physical damage taken -5%
Pet: Accuracy+50 Ranged Accuracy+50 Magic Accuracy+50 Summoned Pet: Lv.+1

Hebo's Spear
DMG:339 Delay:492
MND+30
Accuracy+40 Magic Accuracy+40 Polearm skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +269
Weapon skill MND +10%
Occasionally absorbs water damage Additional effect: Water damage
All Jumps: Recover Wyvern HP Wyvern: "Regen"+5

Ikenga's Lance
DMG:328 Delay:492
STR+15 VIT+15
Accuracy+40 Attack+30 Magic Accuracy+40 Polearm skill +255 Parrying skill +255 Magic Accuracy skill +242
"Triple Attack"+5% Damage taken -5%
Wyvern: "Breath" attacks +10

Yay Meva! Still relatively mediocre, but it's an upgrade from our previous options.

Also, Drakesbane/SO Impulse Drive might benefit from the set quite a bit.
[+]
By eliroo 2021-02-10 09:18:37  
Does this set make Ryunohige even better?
By SimonSes 2021-02-10 09:23:48  
Idk about Ryuo. Drakesbane has attack penalty (pretty huge one), so it will be hard to actually use all that PDL.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-10 09:27:55  
eliroo said: »
Does this set make Ryunohige even better?
This is a gut reaction to looking over the stats, so my opinion may change after actually getting into the math, but...

I'm not sure there's a single piece of this set I'd use for Drakesbane. There's better Crit options for several slots already, and PDL is hard to make full use of on a WS with a huge effing atk penalty.

Not great for Ryu AM3 TP either. Not a drop of STP anywhere... This mostly stands out to me for the magic evasion.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2021-02-10 09:30:53  
By Veydal1 2021-02-10 09:36:23  
Wouldn't you only want to use Ryu in an attack capped situation to begin with? Otherwise you're better off using Shining One at the appropriate TP, no?

Would love to know what situations people find themselves using Ryu. I've found Wave 3 or HELMs to really be the best instances, when you're reliably running with the needed buffs/debuffs to cap your attack, but also lasting long enough.
By Ozaii 2021-02-10 09:43:50  
Gleti body/hands with imp hairpin and volte bastok legs/feet for a meva stp set? For decentish meva. No where near malignance or the new war/pld/drk stuff but decent.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-10 09:45:36  
Well, there's a little bit of STP. These augs though... I'm not sure I'd bother. Augmenting odyssey gear is quite a grind, these.. don't seem worth it to augment.

I'm just now noticing, this set has a ton of magic defense bonus. <,< Well, meva/mdef hybrid gear? Regain idle...

It's gonna take me awhile to fully evaluate the effects of the PDL+, but some of it might be good for WS when you are waaaay the eff over atk cap.

Hmm, no stp except for one augment. No multi hit except for one augment. Honestly, why did they decide to do crit on everything? I feel like DRG got lumped in with this cause of the pet stats, and this set is not particularly suited to DRG's melee needs.
[+]
By Ozaii 2021-02-10 09:47:18  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Well, there's a little bit of STP. These augs though... I'm not sure I'd bother. Augmenting odyssey gear is quite a grind, these.. don't seem worth it to augment.

I'm just now noticing, this set has a ton of magic defense bonus. <,< Well, meva/mdef hybrid gear? Regain idle...

It's gonna take me awhile to fully evaluate the effects of the PDL+, but some of it might be good for WS when you are waaaay the eff over atk cap.

Hmm, no stp except for one augment. No multi hit except for one augment. Honestly, why did they decide to do crit on everything? I feel like DRG got lumped in with this cause of the pet stats, and this set is not particularly suited to DRG's melee needs.
Yea. Feel like drg would be better suited for the pup stuff or the heavy armor stuff.
By eliroo 2021-02-10 09:51:44  
Are those augments at max level?
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2021-02-10 09:54:20  
Besides missing the third augment, yes.
By SimonSes 2021-02-10 11:43:10  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Drk war pld set is broken as *** and DRG on it would be like super broken. You could just full time that set and spam stardiver in it.

This set is less impressive, but still nice. It's also imo clearly a evisceration set. It will be probably broken on DNC with building flourish (bd will cap crit with this set and provide boost to attack to take advantage of pdl). Mix of PDL and crit on this set is op if you can take advantage of both.

Veydal1 said: »
Wouldn't you only want to use Ryu in an attack capped situation to begin with? Otherwise you're better off using Shining One at the appropriate TP, no?

Except to cap attack with Drake's and this set you need to be at 7.23 pdif before attack penalty. It's easy I guess if you can stack enough rebuffs to floor target's def to 1%, but otherwise it would be really hard.
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 110 111 112