Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 110 111 112
By Ozaii 2019-03-26 23:01:24  
I have updated my gearset to be along the lines of whats bis it seems. Cept dagon. I lack the dagon bod. I also kept my dex and acc augs on cape simply cuz i dont like my acc dropping below 1200. My augs were 30acc a little bit of atk like 10 or under and 7 stp on the v pieces.
By eliroo 2019-03-30 08:29:17  
Are people still swapping into breath sets? If so is the JSE neck better than the one listed on Ryan's guide?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-03-30 09:51:44  
eliroo said: »
Are people still swapping into breath sets? If so is the JSE neck better than the one listed on Ryan's guide?
JSE neck in this case is referring to Dragoon's collar and its wyvern lvl+1 effect? If so, the short version is,
Are people still swapping into breath sets?
Yes.
No.

Long version.

For elemental breaths, Dragoon's collar isn't going to do anything at all unless you're full timing it. Ele breath dmg is based on current wyvern HP, so increasing wyvern max HP without recovering the current HP will have no effect on ele breath dmg.

And even then, the wyvern lvl +1 effect adds all of +12 wyvern HP with max wyvern param bonus. Lancer's torque would be better assuming you're not capping non-augment breath+ and doesn't require fulltiming. And if you are capped, Chanoix gorget's +50 WHP would be better. But again would need to be fulltimed.

The best options would be Lancer's torque if breath+ is uncapped without it or if breath+ is capped Adad Amulet for the +20 pet MACC. For reference Ptero Armet+2 will cap non-Augment breath + by itself.

Healing breath on the other hand is based on max WHP, so swapping in WHP+ is valid. But even so it amounts to the same thing. Lancer's torque if uncapped breath+, then Chanoix if capped. Dragoon's Collar's WHP+ is too weak to be considered.
[+]
By eliroo 2019-03-30 10:08:13  
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't really aware there was a cap to breath damage. Does that mean making the acro sets is pointless if relic head caps you?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2019-03-30 16:39:06  
The reason I mentioned 'non-augment breath+' when talking about the cap is because breath+ from augments doesn't have a known cap. So Breath+ augmented Acro, and the breath+ aug on Updraft mantle continue to be useful.
[+]
By Ozaii 2019-04-02 22:53:37  
If they increase the weapons augments to be r25 or such. Which weapon we predicting to perform the best? Anyone think that ryu will dethrone trish?
By SimonSes 2019-04-03 02:54:10  
Ozaii said: »
If they increase the weapons augments to be r25 or such. Which weapon we predicting to perform the best? Anyone think that ryu will dethrone trish?

None can predict that, because you will never know how much each of the augment will raise. It could be +20% Stardiver on Trish, or +30% or even more.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-03 10:21:57  
This was probably asked before, but I'm going to again because I didn't see it and I follow this thread fairly closely. And didn't see it mentioned in Spicy's guide.

How far apart are R15 Trishula vs Shining One? I have the swarts ready to complete my first weapon, but I want to make sure it's going to be a good investment for the DD I choose. I know Shining One is better than R0 Trish, but was wondering how wide that gap gets when capped. If the gap is small, I would probably spend my swarts elsewhere for now, for such a minor improvement over Shining One.
 Asura.Veikur
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2019-04-03 10:34:15  
I can run numbers by hand in a bit. Spreadsheet is out of date by nearly 2 years.
[+]
By tyalangan 2019-04-03 10:38:43  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This was probably asked before, but I'm going to again because I didn't see it and I follow this thread fairly closely. And didn't see it mentioned in Spicy's guide.

How far apart are R15 Trishula vs Shining One? I have the swarts ready to complete my first weapon, but I want to make sure it's going to be a good investment for the DD I choose. I know Shining One is better than R0 Trish, but was wondering how wide that gap gets when capped. If the gap is small, I would probably spend my swarts elsewhere for now, for such a minor improvement over Shining One.

I am making assumptions here but remember that Trish will probably get more upgrades while Shining won’t.

Also, I bet Trish R0 is closer than you think. Especially with its SC properties. I would love to know for sure from someone running numbers but feel confident it is.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-03 10:53:00  
Well I absolutely know that multistepping, Trishula is probably going to be better for overall damage. I understand that Shining One is great when TP is 2k+, usually in a zerg where you won't be skillchaining. It's not like I'm throwing away my Trishula, but Shining One is a gang of fun to see some 60k spikes and pump out some nice numbers. Obviously I want to max out Trishula, but would like to make it so other jobs get some high end shine. I will eventually cap out Trishula even if it's only slightly better than Shining One, but just want to try to narrow down my options from my current list of 3(4) weapons.

Of course, if R15 is miles ahead of Shining One, that's a no brainer
By SimonSes 2019-04-03 10:53:32  
For most jobs ranking of weapon for solo and for group content will be vastly different. While Shining One is on par with R15 Masamune with pure DPS, its not even close if you count self SC damage from spamming Fudo. Same for DRG, if enemy is not resistant to darkness/umbra SC, then Trishula in solo easily beats Shining one.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-04-03 11:14:07  
By hand, I'm getting 6700-6800 DPS with zerg buffs. Not accounting for jumps or anything like that. So, 300-400 DPS behind R15 Trish according to Austars sim.
By Ozaii 2019-04-04 07:58:27  
Hey guys am trying mt4 tomorrow and thinking ill prob use a mdt hybrid for most of it. I was thinking if this set ItemSet 354446 anyone think there are changes that i can make that would help increase the dps? Think with shell that current set gets me to like 48 ish mdt.
By skooks 2019-04-05 11:33:57  
Moonbeam/moonlight instead of Petrov would close the gap on -mdt, as well as giving extra HP. It won't increase your dps (probably a nominal decrease if you're superbuffed), but it's something to consider.
By Ozaii 2019-04-05 11:50:54  
Not a bad idea since the moonbeam still gives stp acc and such. I might swap that in to be safest.
By Ozaii 2019-04-05 15:10:45  
I think that going that set will work. Goanna try it out soon will let yall know how it goes.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-04-05 18:08:24  
Hey guys am trying mt4 tomorrow and thinking ill prob use a mdt hybrid for most of it. I was thinking if this set ItemSet 354446 anyone think there are changes that i can make that would help increase the dps? Think with shell that current set gets me to like 48 ish mdt.

If you're gearing hybrid and anticipate magic damage, i'd be worried you'd lose wyvern (and its buffs it gives to your dps) with that set.

I think no dragoon collar in aoe damage fights is problematic.
I do alot of content where I eat aoe magic damage (w3 dyna runs and stuff like omen Fu where the wyvern loses its empathy shell and we're taking -gaIV type damage )
I use a -10 pet mdt resin cape aug and a Drg. Collar+2 I never take off.
I have multiple tiers of hybrid I cycle through depending on how much danger the wyvern is in, maybe have another set on hand to toggle into that protects the wyvern some more.
By Ozaii 2019-04-05 18:09:09  
Have came up with a finalized set for it that hits 1305 acc prebuff and is just 1 mdt off.
By Ozaii 2019-04-05 18:10:07  
Thats a good idea actually. I should go get that done as a toggle as well.
By Ozaii 2019-04-05 18:13:02  
ItemSet 354446
Is the updated set i will use. Has the mdt and acc.
By Ozaii 2019-04-05 22:53:04  
First attempt went pretty rough we got it to 85% ish on second stage of the fight then adds woke and a wipe occured. However i dont recomend bringing drg to this fight without using that neck like saphire pointed out. Had to spam dawn mulsem and lost out on quite a bit of dps. I actually lack the neck my self currently but ill pick it up after seeing how hard it was.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-04-07 22:02:29  
Has anyone done more testing (ideally in game) on R15 Ryu? Not sure whether to aug it or go for R15 trish. I looked up the testing a few pages back on ws damage numbers and looked encouraging for drakes. The problem I see is any calculator will likely tell you 1k spam drakes wins out, but tp overflow on drg is very significant, especially with am3 and jump timers being separate, which of course favours stardiver over drakes
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-04-07 22:57:41  
You'd just use Stardiver when you hit a certain TP threshold. ~2000 TP, iirc.

I'd hazard the claim that Ryu is equal to or greater, outside of skill chaining. But it requires rogues roll which currently doesn't see a lot of use.

Tauret and Shining One miiiight cause a shift on that end though.

That said, Trish is the safe option. Outside of not wanting a skill chain to happen, it's never going to be a less than excellent weapon.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-04-07 23:59:54  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
Has anyone done more testing (ideally in game) on R15 Ryu? Not sure whether to aug it or go for R15 trish. I looked up the testing a few pages back on ws damage numbers and looked encouraging for drakes. The problem I see is any calculator will likely tell you 1k spam drakes wins out, but tp overflow on drg is very significant, especially with am3 and jump timers being separate, which of course favours stardiver over drakes

It's been a few months since I've worked on DRG, but I had started making Ryu just to R15 and test my theories. On paper, the best case scenario is that Ryu is situationally BiS. Changes depending on the fight, your buffs, etc. When it loses, it's not by much. When it wins, it's not by much.

That being said, I haven't had a chance to run out the parses yet. Had to work on Yagrush, Carn, and Daurdabla for my other characters since my linkshell has been hurting for support recently.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-04-08 00:12:23  
First attempt went pretty rough we got it to 85% ish on second stage of the fight then adds woke and a wipe occured. However i dont recomend bringing drg to this fight without using that neck like saphire pointed out. Had to spam dawn mulsem and lost out on quite a bit of dps. I actually lack the neck my self currently but ill pick it up after seeing how hard it was.

This fight is hard. DRG is garbage for it. DRG is garbage for all of them unfortunately. Only way we've found partial success is using WAR and/or DRK.

You have no idea how much I hate this fight because the mechanics are stupid just because. It's not hard because the mechanics are hard, it's hard because the boss can just back-to-back do 5k damage and kill you no matter what you're wearing, you do no real damage no matter what, and it's entirely luck based.

I hate losing fights because they're just designed to be unfair. If you don't get perfect nitro resets and time your lullabies perfectly to wake them up and re-sleep, you're done. Killing the adds does nothing and is a waste of time. Time that you don't have because you have no real burst phases.

When a fight is so luck-based that you have to retry it 50+ times to get things to line up perfectly, that's messed up man. Every person I've talked to has the same stories with this fight.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-04-08 10:34:43  
Cheers Veikur and Shozokui. It’s cool that they are looking on par with one pulling a little ahead over the other depending on situation - as it should be! I’m thinking if you want light skillchains flying off based on target weakness/mbs etc go ryu, if darkness go trish. How does empy compare?

I’m hoping emp reforge update means some new abyssea zones or atleast high level nms added to current. Drakesbane loves atmas!
By SimonSes 2019-04-08 11:55:51  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
Cheers Veikur and Shozokui. It’s cool that they are looking on par with one pulling a little ahead over the other depending on situation - as it should be! I’m thinking if you want light skillchains flying off based on target weakness/mbs etc go ryu, if darkness go trish. How does empy compare?

I’m hoping emp reforge update means some new abyssea zones or atleast high level nms added to current. Drakesbane loves atmas!

If you think about crit atmas, then Shining One loves them even more.
By Ozaii 2019-04-08 21:00:21  
Bahamut.Shozokui said: »

This fight is hard. DRG is garbage for it. DRG is garbage for all of them unfortunately. Only way we've found partial success is using WAR and/or DRK.

You have no idea how much I hate this fight because the mechanics are stupid just because. It's not hard because the mechanics are hard, it's hard because the boss can just back-to-back do 5k damage and kill you no matter what you're wearing, you do no real damage no matter what, and it's entirely luck based.

I hate losing fights because they're just designed to be unfair. If you don't get perfect nitro resets and time your lullabies perfectly to wake them up and re-sleep, you're done. Killing the adds does nothing and is a waste of time. Time that you don't have because you have no real burst phases.

When a fight is so luck-based that you have to retry it 50+ times to get things to line up perfectly, that's messed up man. Every person I've talked to has the same stories with this fight.

Thats pretty good to know my dude. Tyvm. I actually wound up hopping on run for this so we can have 2 rotations of valliance and one for all to keep defenses up at all time. We are still trying tho. But ya. Drg has it rough in that.
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 110 111 112