フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Odin » New player to Odin...DRG AF1
New player to Odin...DRG AF1
 Odin.Ahligieri
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-16 23:21:32  
Etrayis said:
I had 3 75's before I ever did a gobbiebag and I always had hundreds of k to level them with from NPCing stuff.

Edit: I also have 0 mules because I want Bahamut to be reopened too.

Some people really don't know how to manage space I guess.

Average Gamer Reference Below:
User submitted image

That's nice. Gobbiebag 0 could barely hold all my SAM gear and I'm not even geared for every situation I want to be geared for yet. Not to mention different types of food I like to use, reraise, warps, and the fact I like left over space for random NPCables and crafts and what not. I'm not saying he should upgrade Gobbiebag NOW, but 30 inventory slots by choice is *** GIMP, plain and simple.
 Bahamut.Etrayis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 23:26:30  
Ahligieri said:
Etrayis said:
I had 3 75's before I ever did a gobbiebag and I always had hundreds of k to level them with from NPCing stuff.

User submitted image

That's nice. Gobbiebag 0 could barely hold all my SAM gear and I'm not even geared for every situation I want to be geared for yet. Not to mention different types of food I like to use, reraise, warps, and the fact I like left over space for random NPCables and crafts and what not. I'm not saying he should upgrade Gobbiebag NOW, but 30 inventory slots by choice is *** GIMP, plain and simple.

Listen internet tough guy, your talking to a guy who has over 40 pieces of gear for his THF, and 45+ for RDM. Like I stated very clearly, some people just can't manage space, and as you have stated you obviously can't. Craftables and NPCables are in no way a necessity and no reason to spend gil you need for gear on for space.

Lets do the math shall we.

You have 16 equipment slots, and 30 inventory slots.

30-16=14. So you have room for 14 extra pieces of gear.

If you can find me 14 pieces of gear he needs to swap at level 45, I will bow down and apologize to you.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-16 23:31:29  
someone just got burned
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-08-16 23:34:25  
For a DRG45, he doesn't. Ahligieri's point is valid but not in this situation. As gear alone goes, he doesn't need the space. However, that space could pay for itself in room for mob drops that he could turn a profit off of.
 Odin.Ahligieri
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-16 23:36:11  
Etrayis said:
Ahligieri said:
Etrayis said:

User submitted image

Listen internet tough guy, your talking to a guy who has over 40 pieces of gear for his THF, and 45+ for RDM. Like I stated very clearly, some people just can't manage space, and as you have stated you obviously can't. Craftables and NPCables are in no way a necessity and no reason to spend gil you need for gear on for space.

Lets do the math shall we.

You have 16 equipment slots, and 30 inventory slots.

30-16=14. So you have room for 14 extra pieces of gear.

If you can find me 14 pieces of gear he needs to swap at level 45, I will bow down and apologize to you.

If you...ya know...READ MY POST, you'll see that I said that agreed that he doesn't need to upgrade it now. And I was using MYSELF as an example as to why he would eventually need more than 30 spaces. Seriously, dude...
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-16 23:36:25  
you guys forget when your level'ing your 1st job

Your dirt poor

so all his money should be going into gear

2nd he would need Jeuno fame

/end
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 23:41:42  
Ahligieri said:

If you...ya know...READ MY POST, you'll see that I said that agreed that he doesn't need to upgrade it now. And I was using MYSELF as an example as to why he would eventually need more than 30 spaces. Seriously, dude...

Your entire posts purpose was only to flame my statement. I guess I should have asked, can you list 30 pieces of gear you carry for your SAM? I'll even accept food as a necessary item.

Thunderz said:

Your dirt poor

/end

Agreed entirely.
 Odin.Ahligieri
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-16 23:42:16  
And you guys seem to either selectively read my posts, or don't know English. Point me to where I said he needs to upgrade Gobbiebag over essential gear, then you'll be right. Until then stop acting like you are.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-16 23:45:20  
Im a taru who locks his foes into a chest its my nature

:P
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 23:45:58  
Ahligieri said:
30 inventory slots by choice is *** GIMP, plain and simple.

Why would you even start this argument if you weren't butthurt about the gobbiebag post?
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-16 23:47:08  
Thunderz said:
Im a taru who locks his foes into a chest its my nature

:P

You plotting little ball of evil. I'M ON TO YOU!!!!
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-16 23:55:39  
Etrayis said:
can you list 30 pieces of gear you carry for your SAM? I'll even accept food as a necessary item.

1. Hagun
2. Gondo-Shizunori
3. Pole Grip
4. Lightning Bow
5. Arrows
6. Turban
7. Ohat
8. AF head
9. Relic head
10. K.osode
11. Hauby
12. Chiv chain
13. Fowling Earring
14. Minuet Earring
15. Ame +1
16. Potent belt
17. Warwolf
18. Shinimusha Haidate
19. AF legs
20. Iota Ring
21. Ultha Ring
22. Flame Ring
23. Flame Ring
24. Hachi hands
25. Hachi feet
26. Relic Hands
27. Pallas hands
28. Fuma sune-ate
29. Dusk Gloves
30. Wyvern Helm
31. Meat Food(Generally 3 stacks)
32. Sushi Food(Generally 1 stack)
33. Mythril Grip +1
34. Soboro
35. Shihei
36. Tonko tools
37. Monomi Tools
38. Shihei Toolbag
39. Arrow Quiver
40. A sword(Spirits Within just cause)
41. Warp Cudgel
42. Warp Cudgel

You were saying something?

Thats not even what i carry, im usualy at 60 taken up all the time. 30 Does not work.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-16 23:58:47  
And no, he wont need it till like...lvl60 ish

Edit**

I could barely live with 30, i have something in all 16 slots + and i change 9 slots on WS, 25, then meditate gear, 27, acc heads 29, 1 stack of food 30. thats just shaving it, and id have to not be /nin for that to even be feasable
 Odin.Ahligieri
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-16 23:59:09  
Etrayis said:
Ahligieri said:

Your entire posts purpose was only to flame my statement. I guess I should have asked, can you list 30 pieces of gear you carry for your SAM? I'll even accept food as a necessary item.

Thunderz said:

Your dirt poor

/end

Agreed entirely.

Because you gave off an impression I didn't agree with.

Head pieces - Ace's helm, W. Turban (capped acc), Shura Kabuto (WS), optical Hat (evasion), Arhat's
Weapons - Hagun, Engetsuto (when I can afford to melee on something this will connect on), Soboro (/dnc, or the beginning of salvage)
Grips - Pole grip
Ammo - Tiphia Sting, Olibanum Sachet
Neck - Ancient Torque, WS Gorget
Earrings - Bushinomimi, Brutal Earring, Minuet Earring
Body - Askar (when I need eva or VT mobs or lower), Haub, Osode, Arhat's
Hands - Dusk Gloves, Hachiman, Pallas's, AF+1
Rings - Rajas, Flame, Iota
Back - Cuchulain's, Amemet+1, Smilodon +1
Waist - Swift, Warwolf, Potent (penta thrust)
Legs - Byakko's, Shura, Gavial
Feet - Sarutobi, Hachiman, Gavial

There you go. 40 pieces of gear. Oh, I'll be the lenient one this time and I'll leave out W. Turban and Soboro, because I don't need to use those most of the time. What now? 38 spaces for one job not including RR (earring and an instant item), food (3 types), and warp...all of which I use all the time.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-17 00:02:58  
And he has even more! lol
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-17 00:03:39  
Ahligieri said:

Because you gave off an impression I didn't agree with.

Head pieces - Ace's helm, W. Turban (capped acc), Shura Kabuto (WS), optical Hat (evasion), Arhat's
Weapons - Hagun, Engetsuto (when I can afford to melee on something this will connect on), Soboro (/dnc, or the beginning of salvage)
Grips - Pole grip
Ammo - Tiphia Sting, Olibanum Sachet
Neck - Ancient Torque, WS Gorget
Earrings - Bushinomimi, Brutal Earring, Minuet Earring
Body - Askar (when I need eva or VT mobs or lower), Haub, Osode, Arhat's
Hands - Dusk Gloves, Hachiman, Pallas's, AF+1
Rings - Rajas, Flame, Iota
Back - Cuchulain's, Amemet+1, Smilodon +1
Waist - Swift, Warwolf, Potent (penta thrust)
Legs - Byakko's, Shura, Gavial
Feet - Sarutobi, Hachiman, Gavial

There you go. 40 pieces of gear. Oh, I'll be the lenient one this time and I'll leave out W. Turban and Soboro, because I don't need to use those most of the time. What now? 38 spaces for one job not including RR (earring and an instant item), food (3 types), and warp...all of which I use all the time.

Touche. I apologize for calling you out.

I do stand by my point that you still had no reason to flame my post though, and he is a DRG and not a SAM.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-17 00:04:44  
any 75 will have more then 30 if they are doing it right ;o

But sure, stay at 30 till 50~60+
 Asura.Sidi
サーバ: Asura
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-08-17 00:05:12  
30-16 = 14 slots left over from gear alone (although, a drg wouldn't be using one of his ranged's slots, so its 15)

add food, 14 slots, add reraise, 13 slots, add a warp cudgel 12 slots (and if its me, I'd an instant warp as well), add any potential level up gear, any bses (and soon kses, he's just at the level to start getting some from QSC), and then for some people, echo drops, prism powders and silent oils-- all of this takes space and adds up quickly (so say one of each, thats 7 free slots left over) + a linkshell, got to have that, thats 10 (or ~6 if you have the meds + a lvl up gear)

Then he wants to go farm, ok, so now lets put away everything I don't need... well now, I have 15 slots of gear, need, I have a warp, need, I have my shell, probably not going to sacrifice (who the eff wants to be farming w/o someone to talk to), and depending on prey, I have a Reraise... thats 18 pieces taken, leaving 12 to farm on... one of the best case scenarios... thats annoying as hell to farm on, you farm something EP+ and now you loose another slot for those bses, meaning 11 to farm on, then some more slots for crystals, then depending on mobs, might fill up on other annoying things, say insect wings or two-leafed-mandy buds that keep filling up, you keep tossing to create room, but they keep on adding...

I refuse to farm w/o atleast 20 slots because if it fills up... I try to keep 8 slots free on me (now that I can with satchel; before I was 67/70 on pld gear, and would be tossing things left and right) so that i can keep the majority... and even then, parties and stuff fill up; then when I actually go farming, clear it all out and try to get 20 slots so I can spend some time there

but if he's getting unstackables? thats barely a dozen items before he has to dump it out; so gobby bag can help a TON (now, if they're TW and easy, then sure, he can go naked with his plm and shell for chatter and kill away, but if its an EP mob or so, then not so much, and those slots'll come in handy again)

He may not have gear swaps at 45, but he still can find the gobby bags plenty helpful. I find it a longterm investment thats quite worth it, packrat or not, having extra space can save you a lot of time, and help make money (since time = money, having to run back to AH and back to farming spot can "lose" you 40 minutes worth of gil)

Finally, at level 45 its not like being a little cheap will make him a shitty player... upgrading bags over "essential gear" being wrong is just hilarious... whats so essential at lvl 45? Most DD jobs don't have any "good" body pieces until 50s (later 50s at that; so you have a dex+1 piece... 1 dex, whoopdydo, not going to make or break you), legs he already has the 'best', feet; unless he gets bounding boots, which is perfectly suitable if he doesn't, theres not much there that'll help too much, belt, the 3-5k tiltbelt is about the best until life belt, back, nothing good, neck; spice vs. fang... probably has the spike, but even if not, not any HUGE improvement/loss, earrings; NQ beetles vs. Beetles+1 is only choices really, and +2 att difference still won't make/break him, leaving rings, hands and his plm... he just got a half-deent plm, so thats checked off, hands he can get a cheap set of battle gloves to last him until god knows when (lvl 50's spiked finger gauntlets are quite nice, but definitely not needed at all), leaving rings... drgs already have an acc bonus so no HUGE need to get acc rings, so can get some fairly cheap str/dex rings and be fine... he already uses food, so not gimping out there.

So even being cheap he can do his job perfectly fine (at 45, higher lvls going to need to invest more), so whats so wrong with spending his excess money in getting him space to get more gil?
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-17 00:09:02  
Because he created this post because he was "sorely under-geared" and was looking for advice on that.

Thus why I stated that gobbiebag gil could have gone to better use.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-08-17 00:10:33  
Think of gobbie bags as an investment, you are in fact better off getting them ASAP because in the long run, they benefit you more because they let you earn more money over all, and you "get them outa the way"
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-17 00:12:21  
A luxury vs. A necessity

Yea not really a necessity but he did say his gear was pretty fail.
 Asura.Sidi
サーバ: Asura
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2009-08-17 00:18:41  
But his standards may be unduly high, we don't know that; my friends say they have horrible shitty gear, when its standard and perfectly fine by all accounts (but to them, they want all HQ staves and HQ this, etc, so in comparison they call theirs crap)-- honestly unless he was in lvl 10 royal footmen's gear, with a lvl 20 plm; not too much that I'd classify as "sorely under-geared" without being an exaggeration for drg

Stating that he has republican's subligar (and not its NQ version) suggests that he has a good idea of what gear to get, and is working on it... and has suitable gear for the meantime (I mean it'd be hard to find a person in lvl 10's leather gear + lvl 20 plm AND also having the republic subligar; much more likely he has half-decent alternatives for other gear + that); and also stated he got a new plm, so his weapon is at a current level as well... thats 2 decent pieces out of the 2 he mentioned

That gives me enough confidence that he's got enough decent gear to not be a hindrance in a party (now, seeing how he seems to duo as well, one could argue that it doesn't matter what he wears, because he's not actually in a party... but doesn't matter, he seems to be well on track anyways)

So yeah, I'd say get gobby bags early on, and use to farm gil for the 50's and 60's where you'll really need it
 Bahamut.Etrayis
By Bahamut.Etrayis 2009-08-17 00:21:48  
Considering he already did the gobbiebags this entire page has been kinda pointless now that I look back.
 Odin.Ahligieri
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-17 00:22:10  
Etrayis said:
Because he created this post because he was "sorely under-geared" and was looking for advice on that.

Thus why I stated that gobbiebag gil could have gone to better use.

I agreed with that he should work on the gear before Gobbiebag, but not with the part where that's the last thing he should upgrade at this point. Which seemed to have flown over most people's heads.

However as someone pointed out, there's not much ~lvl40 gear that's great for DRG. Acc rings, PCC...and?
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-17 00:22:21  
blablabla

money

blablabla

fame

blablabla

let him get to 75 before he gets to that

you guys are being royal elite douches and haven't noticed it
 Odin.Ahligieri
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-17 00:25:27  
Yet he's thanked the suggestions thus far.

All you've done is...

Exactly.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-17 00:31:28  
your on the same trails as us, bud.

lol~
 Odin.Ahligieri
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-08-17 00:37:29  
~klolzthx
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-17 00:38:00  
One thing to keep in mind, based on his AH history, he got two gobbie bags, this cost him a grand total of 19458 gil. Republic subligar he bought last week cost him 25k. We're not exactly talking like Orihalcum and Molybedenum ingots here, lol. It's not til the gold ingot at 3 that it starts to get more expensive.
 Valefor.Schoolarnia
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Schoolarnia 2009-08-17 03:54:35  
course u have to do af weapon to do af quest just what i was saying was he could skip it for now.
sure u need gobbie bag extension but all in time if you find yourself filling too quickly and it being a problem then do quest otherwise concentrate on other areas.