New player to Odin...DRG AF1
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-08-25 06:51:05  
Rumaha said:
Etrayis said:
can you list 30 pieces of gear you carry for your SAM? I'll even accept food as a necessary item.

1. Hagun
2. Gondo-Shizunori
3. Pole Grip
4. Lightning Bow
5. Arrows
6. Turban

42. Warp Cudgel

You were saying something?

Thats not even what i carry, im usualy at 60 taken up all the time. 30 Does not work.

Mine is pretty bad, too, especially when I'm on SAM/RNG, I'm usually somewhere around 65.

As for the necessity of Gobbiebags, while the OP probably doesn't need all of that space for gear at 45, being able to haul even 10 more slots of loot back every time you go farming will quickly pay for itself.

If you're still reading this Walden, i might actually be online on Tuesday night (Sept. 1st), Eastern time, so if there's something you need help with (like your items for G1), send me a PM on here and if I'm online, I'll be there.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-08-25 07:30:47  
I know mages are different, but I spent most of my leveling life running out of space. (RDM was my first job).

The gobbie bag quest were a big part of what I spent my money on while leveling (and still are @ 75, I am about to bite the bullet for the final upgrade for ~500k)

My RDM with most of my normally used gear is ~65
My BLM with only the basics is ~70 (although this could be cut down a bit)

The bags (certainly the early, cheap ones) pay for themselves simply by the amount of stuff you can pick up from an exp party, and the real money maker (beastman seals) wont drop to you when you are full.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-08-25 08:38:35  
Etrayis said:
DO ROYAL JELLY. You'll make more money for the seals you waste and DRG/WHM can duo or even solo it in some cases. DRG is the god of that BCNM.

If done right, Royal Jelly can be duoed by 2 drgs. I've done it with a friend. I go /blu for cocoon, he goes /rdm to bind/gavity one of the slimes, and to buff before the battle. By duoing, dont focus on speed, focus on staying alive. (Tip: Scroll of Instant Reraise may be a good idea on your first couple tries.)

Oh, and another way to make gil... even though they cut the prices in half, killing Lesser Gaylas for their Beast Blood is still pretty decent. NPC them for around 270gil per vial. The blood has a high drop rate (especially if you sub thief), and should be soloable at your lvl. I used that method from the 50's on up with my drg until they cut the prices. Even so, I can still go out there if I'm desperate for gil, and pick up ~25k in one hour.

Anyways, good luck with DRG and have fun!
 Odin.Karusan
サーバ: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-08-26 11:00:17  
Speaking of gobbie bags Walden, if you check my item sets I have all the item sets for each gobbie bag and because you're on the same server as me it'll show the Odin price, just something to keep in mind if you plan to upgrade and want to see how much the next piece is.

Link: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?q=Odin+-+Gobbie+bag

For anyone on a different server you can just open all the items up in new windows/tabs and they will show your server price.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-08-26 12:06:43  
To walden:
I don't know what lvl you are now..and I understand how hard it can be to make money at low lvls. Everyone was new to this game once and being broke comes with that naturally. My first job was drk and it was a *** to lvl and gear, luckly for me I had a group of RL friends that helped me the whole time when I was new. My goal was to ding 59 into a Haub(which I didn't do, and this was when haub's were 5+ mil.) I didn't play to much at this time but I took almost a full year off from lvling just to farm. I spent hours and hours and hours in Korraloka Tunnel killing slimes for oils..was it the best gil possible..nope! But was it something that I could do that made me cash that was easy and I could log on for a few min to a few hours and farm for as long as I wanted. I never added up how much I farmed but I think it was in the 25~30m range. Profits won't be nearly as good as they were back then but you can still farm Slimes in Korraloka easy enough.