Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 176 177 178
 Cerberus.Aerandir
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-08-21 19:59:13  
shamgi said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Are you saying it wipes your pet's buffs, or it desummons your pet entirely? Your earlier post implies the first, but your later one implies the second.

Desummons entirely.

It did 700 damage to Gaston, who was full, and then he just disappeared.

This is only one test, of course, but it also destroys luopans, even if they tank the damage.

Any chance you used Run Wild? Maybe the full dispel stripped it from your pet and for some reason the game ties the despawn to the buffs being removed...
By shamgi 2020-08-21 20:09:05  
Cerberus.Aerandir said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Are you saying it wipes your pet's buffs, or it desummons your pet entirely? Your earlier post implies the first, but your later one implies the second.

Desummons entirely.

It did 700 damage to Gaston, who was full, and then he just disappeared.

This is only one test, of course, but it also destroys luopans, even if they tank the damage.

Any chance you used Run Wild? Maybe the full dispel stripped it from your pet and for some reason the game ties the despawn to the buffs being removed...

Nope. I just used Frenzied Rage and then intended to leave him on Alex so I could have the 30 SB. I don't even have Run Wild macroed.
 Cerberus.Aerandir
サーバ: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2020-08-21 20:14:31  
That's pretty confusing, and makes me wonder if any other pet jobs have this happen...
By shamgi 2020-08-21 23:41:31  
Did three Strophadia runs tonight with BST PUP COR RDM. Used Arthur for the first one, but then decided to swap to Sefina to see how she'd do.

Results were pretty impressive, overall. Sefina was doing fairly consistent 13-18k Rhinowreckers, and with the puppet to open for light, the skillchains were going decent as well. It's no slime, but the pet is pretty tanky as well, which was good because it turned the harpy a few times. The second fight with Sefina I was a lot more proactive in using Rhinowrecker and it shows. Not sure what fights this duo can run, but it seems promising for some interesting duos. And Sefina pretty heavily out DPSed Arthur, which I expected, but Arthur also had familiar and Sefina did not, so it's even more stark of a contrast. I couldn't really get a read on if the Def Down effect was 100% landing, sadly enough.

[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-08-22 16:34:17  
I sorta want a R15 Guttler for some reason.

Onslaught seems pretty decent to spam at 1000tp and it self skillchains with itself. Also getting +10% Attack on master and pet looks neat.

I don't have it in me to make a mythic for BST, so I know its probably a better option.

BST has some pretty fun toys to play with.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-22 16:39:36  
It's cool and all, just wildly inferior to the ambuscade axe.

all the melee relics(and specific ws) need a boost

I want to see some drastic relic changes. 100% 'secret damage' procs. Acc/Att + 9000, relic wsd+100%. Remove 'aftermath' and make the effect full time.

It all sounds crazy but thats how everyone plays. cap acc, cap att, 99999 ws, and if the ws was good you'd spam that and aftermath would stay up anyway.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-08-22 16:59:32  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's cool and all, just wildly inferior to the ambuscade axe.

all the melee relics(and specific ws) need a boost

I want to see some drastic relic changes. 100% 'secret damage' procs. Acc/Att + 9000, relic wsd+100%. Remove 'aftermath' and make the effect full time.

It all sounds crazy but thats how everyone plays. cap acc, cap att, 99999 ws, and if the ws was good you'd spam that and aftermath would stay up anyway.

Yeah I get it, Ambu Axe is better. Its just something to screw with/work on. Plus I've always liked the lore behind it.

Kinda hoping this new addon/story involves relics in some way. Unless they are just gonna make gray copies of them and wont touch relics after all.
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2020-08-23 11:54:57  
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
@Falkirk I really want to thank you for all of the amazing testing you are doing with the new BST pets. It is so thorough and over the top, and I love every detail of it!

I agree with Larry, thank you, Falkirk. And any others who did extensive testing.
 Carbuncle.Ardentblaze
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Ardentblaze 2020-08-23 19:38:30  
I am using the newest LUA on the guide Falkirks I believe, which has the addition of the new pets. It doesnt seem to me like GS is using Nukumi gloves with Rhinowrecker. Is that intentional?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-23 20:50:45  
Carbuncle.Ardentblaze said: »
I am using the newest LUA on the guide Falkirks I believe, which has the addition of the new pets. It doesnt seem to me like GS is using Nukumi gloves with Rhinowrecker. Is that intentional?

Good catch. That's a mistake.

You can add 'Rhinowrecker' to the tp_based_ready_moves list near the top of the file.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-08-23 23:13:01  
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Carbuncle.Ardentblaze said: »

Good catch. That's a mistake.

You can add 'Rhinowrecker' to the tp_based_ready_moves list near the top of the file.

I had to add some abilities. Also made another category for debuffs.
Code
macc_ready_moves = S{
	  'Nectarous Deluge','Nepenthic Plunge','Foul Waters','Dust Cloud','Sheep Song','Scream','Dream Flower','Roar','Gloeosuccus','Palsy Pollen',
	 'Soporific','Geist Wall','Numbing Noise','Spoil','Hi-Freq Field','Nihility Song','Back Heel',
	 'Sandpit','Sandblast','Filamented Hold',
	 'Spore','Infrasonics','Chaotic Eye',
	 'Blaster','Intimidate','Noisome Powder','TP Drainkiss','Jettatura','Spider Web',
	 'Corrosive Ooze','Molting Plumage','Swooping Frenzy',
	 'Pestilent Plume',}

Code
if spell.type == "Monster" and not spell.interrupted then

equip(set_combine(sets.midcast.Pet.WS, sets.midcast.Pet[state.CorrelationMode.value]))

if mab_ready_moves:contains(spell.english) and pet.status == 'Engaged' then
 equip(sets.midcast.Pet.MabReady)
 end

if macc_ready_moves:contains(spell.english) and pet.status == 'Engaged' then
 equip(sets.midcast.Pet.MaccReady)
 end

Code
--Missing Cait Sith's Ring
sets.midcast.Pet.MaccReady  ={
    ammo="Voluspa Tathlum",
    head="Tali'ah Turban +2",
    body="Tali'ah Manteel +2",
    hands="Tali'ah Gages +2",
    legs="Tali'ah Sera. +2",
    feet="Tali'ah Crackows +2",
    neck="Bst. Collar +2",
    waist="Incarnation Sash",
    left_ear="Kyrene's Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Handler's Earring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    left_ring="Defending Ring",
    right_ring="Tali'ah Ring",
    back={ name="Artio's Mantle", augments={'Pet: M.Acc.+20 Pet: M.Dmg.+20','"Fast Cast"+10',}},
}

It's too bad Valorous Augs will only give you MATK or Macc, not both. Does this look good so far?

Mainhand Pangu, Offhand Ankusa Axe
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2020-08-24 07:01:01  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I had to add some abilities. Also made another category for debuffs.
Code
macc_ready_moves = S{
	  'Nectarous Deluge','Nepenthic Plunge','Foul Waters','Dust Cloud','Sheep Song','Scream','Dream Flower','Roar','Gloeosuccus','Palsy Pollen',
	 'Soporific','Geist Wall','Numbing Noise','Spoil','Hi-Freq Field','Nihility Song','Back Heel',
	 'Sandpit','Sandblast','Filamented Hold',
	 'Spore','Infrasonics','Chaotic Eye',
	 'Blaster','Intimidate','Noisome Powder','TP Drainkiss','Jettatura','Spider Web',
	 'Corrosive Ooze','Molting Plumage','Swooping Frenzy',
	 'Pestilent Plume',}

Cool - I like the inclusion of moves like Swooping Frenzy to that list. Landing the additional effect is certainly way higher priority than its minor damage contribution.

But that 'Back Heel' after Nihility Song must be a copy-paste error, ya?

Here's the list from this:
Code
magic_acc_ready_moves = S{'Sheep Song','Scream','Dream Flower','Roar','Predatory Glare','Gloeosuccus',
    'Palsy Pollen','Soporific','Geist Wall','Toxic Spit','Numbing Noise','Spoil','Hi-Freq Field',
    'Sandpit','Sandblast','Venom Spray','Filamented Hold','Queasyshroom','Numbshroom','Spore','Shakeshroom',
    'Infrasonics','Chaotic Eye','Blaster','Purulent Ooze','Intimidate','Noisome Powder','Acid Mist',
    'TP Drainkiss','Choke Breath','Jettatura','Nihility Song','Molting Plumage','Spider Web'}

Since Corrosive Ooze's effect is guaranteed I relegated it to the Magic Attack list.
TP Drainkiss could probably move elsewhere too, since it's just based on Pet TP...
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-08-24 17:27:19  
Yeah backheel was an error, also good to know about Corrosive Ooze, Ill make some changes.

Still new at this
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-25 05:26:40  
tp per hit with 50 subtle blow from gear and subjob on master only: 12 tp given to target
tp per hit when pet is also also engaged: 8 tp/hit

Tandem blow is sublte blow II (or a separate category, but probably sublte blow II)

Gear:
bathy choker +1
kobo kote
Sacro Breastplate
dignitary earring

bst/nin

also used Edwin for this test instead of henry.... Edwin gave 10 tp per hit solo, and 7 tp per hit with tandem blow.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-08-25 05:48:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
tp per hit with 50 subtle blow from gear and subjob on master only: 12 tp given to target
tp per hit when pet is also also engaged: 8 tp/hit

Tandem blow is sublte blow II (or a separate category, but probably sublte blow II)

Gear:
bathy choker +1
kobo kote
Sacro Breastplate
dignitary earring

bst/nin

also used Edwin for this test instead of henry.... Edwin gave 10 tp per hit solo, and 7 tp per hit with tandem blow.

Damn this is actually amazing. Also Separate category would be probably broken af with SU5 pathB. Worth to check
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-25 06:22:56  
50 subtle blow + 15 subtle blow = 65 subtle blow

24 * (1 - .65) = 8.4
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-08-25 06:35:04  
Wow, that's actually amazing. Good job getting to the bottom of it. This means that BST hits 70% Subtle Blow easy.

Subtle Blow III from /NIN = 15%
Bathy Choker +1 = 11%
Chirich Ring +1 = 10%
Ternion Dagger +1 = 9%
Sarissaphoroi Belt = 5%
Sherida Earring = 5% (Subtle Blow II)
Tandem Blow = 15% (Subtle Blow II)

That's approaching MNK levels of Subtle Blow. Auspice from a WHM or Monk's Roll from a Corsair let you keep your regular build without swapping in pieces like the Chirich or the Sarissaphoroi.
By SimonSes 2020-08-25 06:56:13  
50 subtle blow + 15 subtle blow = 65 subtle blow

24 * (1 - .65) = 8.4

Haha you are right, keep talking myself to not calculate anything at those hours, still failing XD
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-25 07:03:49  
Edwin going from 10 tp/hit to 7 tp/hit is interesting. However I suspect his 2nd job might have some subtle blow to it.

Remember, like monstrosity, all pets have 2 jobs and all the traits that go with them. (except after they nerfed treasure hunter on thf pets to level 1 instead of level 3)

Edwin could be PLD/MNK

Edwin's delay is exactly the same as Henry's judging by the tp/hit that is gained by pet.

That would imply that 14 tp/hit would be normal. hmmm numbers don't quite work still I think.

That would indicate 14 > 10 tp given per hit that edwin already has 25 subtle blow...

but if that were so, 14 > 7 tp/hit would imply 50 subtle blow.
15 + 25 is not 50.

so something is off in assumption or testing, but it does appear that Edwin has some level of subtle blow already.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-25 07:07:26  
Ruaumoko said: »
Wow, that's actually amazing. Good job getting to the bottom of it. This means that BST hits 70% Subtle Blow easy.

Subtle Blow III from /NIN = 15%
Bathy Choker +1 = 11%
Chirich Ring +1 = 10%
Ternion Dagger +1 = 9%
Sarissaphoroi Belt = 5%
Sherida Earring = 5% (Subtle Blow II)
Tandem Blow = 15% (Subtle Blow II)

That's approaching MNK levels of Subtle Blow. Auspice from a WHM or Monk's Roll from a Corsair let you keep your regular build without swapping in pieces like the Chirich or the Sarissaphoroi.

blah, now I regret throwing away my sarrissaphoroi belt. gonna have to get another.

Ternion dagger is also pretty nice offhand for decimation. I didn't even notice the wsd 5% on it for ODC augment! very nice offhand, better than Purgation unless you really want to fight undead.

... then again.. considering both bathy choker +1 and Sacro Breastplate, would be easy to combine it with counter build and ignore the beltand ring for now.

70 subtle blow and 50 counter (zealous snort) is pretty cool on bst.
By SimonSes 2020-08-25 07:20:02  
Kc build can also easily reach 70% SBII not loosing much, but you are gimping yourself a little by getting 5%DA from Sherida.

Anyway you would need to switch belt to peiste+1. That will already put you at 50%SB, but then you need to switch storeTP on cape to Dual Wield. That also means Eabani is not needed and you can equip Sherida. Overall from offensive stats, you lose 9 store tp and 1%DW and you gain 5%DA which is actually not good for that build, but what can you do XD
By SimonSes 2020-08-25 07:22:03  
70 subtle blow and 50 counter (zealous snort) is pretty cool on bst.

Bst has an identity crisis.

Sounds like you can add another argument to that. BST wannabe MNK now XD
By Shichishito 2020-08-25 07:47:07  
does BST get a potent plague effect? i think mnk reach SB+SBII cap and they got some sort of negate tp on top of it.

capped subtle blow is nothing to write home about and i could be wrong but even subtle blow + subtle blow II capped to 75% isn't that great without some form of -TP tic, at least not if you're trying to completely shut down TP moves and lets not forget, with BST + Pet you have already 2 TP feeders.
By SimonSes 2020-08-25 08:16:03  
Shichishito said: »
with BST + Pet you have already 2 TP feeders.

AFAIK pet will probably have floored accuracy on anything relevant.

And yes BST can apply Plague with Fluffy Bredo (its also pretty strong -MDB in same move). Assuming it lands, -50TP/tic plague should pretty much keep up with your TP feed at 65-70%SB.

I agree getting to 75% SBII is nothing amazing on its own, since su5 pathB exist, but hitting 65-70%SB in almost any build with w/e main weapon is whole another story imo.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-25 08:19:08  
Both the mosquito and acuex have 50/tic plague effect. Also fatso fargann the leech, even though it's underleveled, has TP drain kiss which works. Unfortunately, it takes three charges.

also this level of subtle blow is a big deal for beast if you haven't noticed a frequent TP uses you probably haven't played these enough or not paying attention
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-25 14:05:03  
hmmm I wonder if drg/bst could test the tier 1 tandem blow and tier 2 of tandem strike effects. (or smn/bst, pup/bst)

/bst might actually have something (silly) to offer to other pet jobs :P. Right up there with Reward!
By shamgi 2020-08-25 14:22:05  
Now I just wish BST has a reliable way to gain and hold hate. A BST with Vickie would both be pretty damn tanky (Max DT, huge amounts of counter) while also still providing pretty decent damage output. That you can have Subtle Blow as well means that you're putting down very little in terms of a footprint.

Have to look at how much TP the pet adds though. Pets almost all have max SB, do they not?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-25 14:29:47  
Have to look at how much TP the pet adds though. Pets almost all have max SB, do they not?

Typically only mnk type pets have subtle blow. Vickie, all the Mandy's, and apkallu.

However, Edwin seems to have some, so... not sure, needs moar testing.

I would also add that a counter build for bst, using vickie, and sacro breastplate has rediculous levels of MDB!

you get 25 MDB from vickie, and there is 12 on sacro breastplate let alone whatever you have in the rest of your gearset (hint hint: malignance gets you up to 58)
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2020-08-25 15:23:34  
Cerberus.Aerandir said: »
Had an odd late-night thought about Digest, so I went out to test it quickly:

Damage did not change between using it naked and with a Pet: Breath +3 Taeon Chapeau on, so that should be able to be ruled out as well

Mind testing it on an Apex mob instead? Skeletons are weak
By shamgi 2020-08-25 15:23:53  

Typically only mnk type pets have subtle blow. Vickie, all the Mandy's, and apkallu.

However, Edwin seems to have some, so... not sure, needs moar testing.

I would also add that a counter build for bst, using vickie, and sacro breastplate has rediculous levels of MDB!

you get 25 MDB from vickie, and there is 12 on sacro breastplate let alone whatever you have in the rest of your gearset (hint hint: malignance)

Absolutely. The problem just remains solving the issues of hate generation. Especially AOE hate.
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 176 177 178