Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 175 176 177
By Nariont 2021-01-10 11:01:03  
It still gets the +40 acc/macc at all times, dyna-d just adds +10
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-11 10:47:58  
Morihei said: »
Question! Ankusa Axe doesn't give the pet any stats except in Dyna, right? Or is it just the master acc that's affected, and the pet still gets all of those?

hmm.. I'm not actually sure. Its only a 10 acc difference being in dynamis vs not being in dynamis, so its not really that big of a deal.

I don't know the next time I'll enter on bst.
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-01-11 12:47:17  
Hoping the update content is friendly for beastmaster! Or at least that pets will be viable, would be fun to have a new piece of content where we can shine.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-12 09:26:04  
Ha! I didn't notice before that Falkirk Added the new Art to the ToC of the Guide. That looks Fantastic!

Looks like todays update has a replacement piece for Physical Ready Moves:

Hesperiidae
Accuracy+10 Enmity-3 Pet: Accuracy+10 Ranged Accuracy+10 Magic Accuracy+10
[1]Pet: Attack+15
[2]Attack+5

Its the first piece that actually has Pet Attack in the ammo slot. Certinaly worth trading 5 acc for 15 attack imo.

This one probably new BiS ammo for master TP set and Ruinator also:

Coiste Bodhar
"Double Attack"+3% "Store TP"+3
[1]Attack+15
[2]STR+5

Honorable mention for this one:

Beithir Ring
STR+3 DEX+3 VIT+3 AGI+3 Weapon skill damage +2%
[1]Weapon Skill Acc.+15
[2]Attack+5

It certainly doesn't trump Epaminondas's or Karieyh ring +1, but its still a very good ring for Mistral axe and Calamity.
Not bad for Primal Rend and Cloudpslitter also.

question just popped into mind also. Does Weaponskill accuracy translate into magic accuracy for magical weaponskills?

Guess I posted too quickly before looking it up.
[+]
By shamgi 2021-01-13 13:46:14  
So, I remember reading something about how a lot of pets seem to have subtle blow, even where you wouldn't normally expect them to?

Edit: I guess to explain my thinking.

As Fatso can drain TP with the only major limit being your charges, and as it's now pretty simple to hit the Subtle Blow cap on BST without much issue, I'm curious about having such a setup where you can deny whatever you're fighting TP moves entirely.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-01-13 13:59:50  
shamgi said: »
So, I remember reading something about how a lot of pets seem to have subtle blow, even where you wouldn't normally expect them to?

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
I'm curious about the enemy TP feed adjustment that they'll concoct, since a while back dasva had found most pets already had a heaping helping of Subtle Blow:

dasva said:
Right now numbers for tp received to give are:

Voracious Vickie: 75/10. Looks like full capped 50 also no change with +5 pet subtle blow
Suspicious Alice: 68/9. Looks like full capped 50 also no change with +5 pet subtle blow
Fleet Reinhard: 85/16. Looks like ~33 subtle blow goes down to 15 with +5 which comes out to about 37.5
Bouncy Bertha: 75/14 Looks like ~33 subtle blow goes down to 13 with +5 which comes out to about 38.
Acuex Familiar: 75/14 Looks like ~33 subtle blow goes down to 13 with +5 which comes out to about 38.
Mosquito Familiar: 44/7 Looks like ~42 subtle blow but no change with +5 so thinking just weird rounding and maybe was capped.

Not sure how much further I want to go into this. Lots of random jugs are just capped on subtle blow while others still have a ton. And my main reason was wanting to see if pets had different caps and that's clearly a no so trying to do a pet subtle blow build seems even more useless
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-14 10:19:05  
I'm going to publish an idea I had a discussion about months ago because its been awhile and seems pertinent. Credit goes to Ruaumoko for this idea, and whomever else he figured it out with before I heard about it.

Monk and Beastmaster have fantastic synergy for TP suppression and Damage Dealing. Especially when using Fatso Fargann.

1. Counterstance has a crippling -50% def. However Acid mist is -50% attack on the mob. This effectively cancels the downside to counterstance for a mnk. Remember hits from counter do NOT feed the enemy TP.

2. Monk caps subtle blow more easily than any other job. Pair this with Penance (inhibit tp) and shijin Spiral (disease) there is alot of tp suppression.

Tandem Blow makes it so bst can now do some pretty awesome subtle blow (and counter) builds also. 70 from master and 65 from pet is often not hard to accomplish without help from another support job.

Fatso Fargann's TP Drainkiss can fill the last gap to potentially completely shut out mob from generating enough tp to use any moves.

Left-handed Yoko and Fluffy Bredo also land Disease if Shijin Spiral is not convenient, but TP drainkiss should be superior if trying to completely suppress tp generation.

3. Mnk and bst have fantastic coverage between the 2 jobs for making skillchains. Monk has more in the light and double light, bst with darkness and double darkness, but both cover all the level 2 properties very well with only monk lacking distortion. Beastmater also cover magical weaponskills which is a deficit for Monk, while monk will do more damage in general.

Anyway, it looks like a fantastic pairing for a tp suppression strategy. You cover both TP suppression and damage very effectively with these 2 jobs alone.

It looks like I'll want to test subtle blow on Fatso Fargann in lieu of Dasva's testing before.

I really appreciate the new pets we got last August. There are still 3 more I would love to have back at level 119 with high priority: Leech, Sabotender, FlyTrap :D
By SimonSes 2021-01-14 10:32:50  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Remember hits from counter do NOT feed the enemy TP.
Quote:
The player will not gain TP from a counter attack, but an enemy will receive TP from a successful counter-attack against them.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-14 10:34:08  
SimonSes said: »
Quote:
The player will not gain TP from a counter attack, but an enemy will receive TP from a successful counter-attack against them.
Eh? might want to update bg wiki monster tp gain page with sources on that.

I don't know which is correct. I was trusting the wiki.
By SimonSes 2021-01-14 10:40:09  
Quote:
Eh? might want to update bg wiki monster tp gain page with sources on that.

I don't know which is correct. I was trusting the wiki.

This one is from wiki too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-14 11:03:49  
Monk and Beastmaster have fantastic synergy for TP suppression and Damage Dealing. Especially when using Fatso Fargann.

--

--

Join me in Odyssey, fellow BSTs and let's do battle together!
[+]
By shamgi 2021-01-14 11:20:04  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Join me in Odyssey, fellow BSTs and let's do battle together!

I'm honestly curious how fast 6 BSTs charming the monsters on the floors could clear halos and mob groups.

The mobs in Odyssey hit very hard, and charming them allows you to bypass a lot of the headache of halos, for example.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-14 11:40:14  
I'm pretty sure Buukki is talking about the new NM fights in Sheol: Gaol. TP suppression should be a very good strategy there.

As far as charming and tearing thru halos goes, It might be fun, but I would not take 6x bst. I would take 4x at most.

definitely want a corsair, and probably a geomancer.

though I would very much like to do pet parties again ;.;
[+]
 Asura.Nyarlko
user: Nyarlko
By Asura.Nyarlko 2021-01-16 15:46:32  
As Fatso can drain TP with the only major limit being your charges, and as it's now pretty simple to hit the Subtle Blow cap on BST without much issue, I'm curious about having such a setup where you can deny whatever you're fighting TP moves entirely.

I did this in the Dullahan V1 ambu when it released, and it does work, but is very slow. When done properly, I could lock it into doing nothing but casting spells for the entirety of the fight, but using much more than just trusts to melee fed TP too fast for TPDK to handle towards the end of the fight since it's 3 charges (30sec between uses.) I'm sure that multiple BSTs staggering TPDK could get away with a bit more given how much SB we get nowadays, but don't expect to be able to lockdown anything using something like BST BST BST MNK MNK MNK.

Also of note, TPDK has 100% accuracy / no acc check. It always hits for full potency regardless of any factors other than Fatso's TP. I think it even works on Dark Elementals, but it's been literal years since I tested this stuff. Really wish he wasn't stuck being underleveled. :(
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-01-18 22:28:58  
Does Unleash prevent tp drain kiss from working? Since the the leech would be full tp.
By clearlyamule 2021-01-19 00:54:24  
Asura.Bixbite said: »
Does Unleash prevent tp drain kiss from working? Since the the leech would be full tp.
It shouldn't. Can't think of any kind of drain in this game that is stopped by being full of whatever is being drained you just don't go up but enemy still loses. Game log just shows zero because you gained nothing
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-01-19 02:05:10  
So if a Bst was to unleash then do tp drain kiss over and over would they be able to stop monster tp moves for 1 min?
By SimonSes 2021-01-19 04:13:56  
So if a Bst was to unleash then do tp drain kiss over and over would they be able to stop monster tp moves for 1 min?

Yes, assuming you can drain enough (afaik tp drain kiss is not mewing lullaby, it doesn't actually drain whole tp that target have. Correct me if I'm wrong) and outpace tp gained by target. You probably won't be able to outpace tp feed from like 3 full hasted zerging DDs, unless maybe 3mnks with chi blast on.
 Shiva.Larrymc
サーバ: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-01-19 05:26:01  
There was one ambuscade month (Dullan) where a strategy was to use TP Drainkiss to prevent a mob from getting 3000 TP - it drained the full TP amount each time.
I think the only reason TP Drainkiss is not used more often is that it is a 3 charge ability, so in almost every circumstance mewing is better.
Edit: should have read further back - this is exactly what Nyarlko already said.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-01-19 08:01:33  

Yes, assuming you can drain enough (afaik tp drain kiss is not mewing lullaby, it doesn't actually drain whole tp that target have. Correct me if I'm wrong) and outpace tp gained by target. You probably won't be able to outpace tp feed from like 3 full hasted zerging DDs, unless maybe 3mnks with chi blast on.

You're right, it drains a certain percentage of the target's TP - though in the context of Unleash spam that percentage is 100%. :)

clearlyamule said: »
clearlyamule said: »
Tp drain kiss - Actually don't remember exactly so will have to find data but it was one of the strongest tp drain moves back then

It's quite good. The amount drained varies with TP, so it's fortunate that the Leech is a WAR with Fencer.

So super late but did you test this on mobs you knew to be at 3k like say frogs you gave a lot of tp? I ask because was trying it out and with less mob tp it appears to be more a percent of mob tp than an up to XXX amount with 3k tp being 100% of what the mob has and at <1k tp with no tp bonus got back 63 out of 100 tp from the mob and your first dot looks pretty close to 63% of 3k

Yes, the test target always had 3000 TP for each sample. That's a good find then.

That first point on the graph is 1898 TP Absorbed, which is 63% of 3000 as you said. So based on that, with typical TP Bonus gear you'd be absorbing 90-95% of the monster's TP with this move.
[+]
By shamgi 2021-01-22 16:50:33  
What's the overall best offhand for Primal Rend? Malevolence seems like it has the most effect on the damage, but curious if Ternion Dagger's WSD evens it out.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-01-22 17:24:36  
What's the overall best offhand for Primal Rend? Malevolence seems like it has the most effect on the damage, but curious if Ternion Dagger's WSD evens it out.

It probably depends on how the rest of your set looks and what target you are going after. Tauret should enter the picture as well if you really need magical accuracy, I would think.
By SimonSes 2021-01-22 17:39:36  

Kraken Club or TP bonus Axe

Ternion is not even close to Malevolence. 5% WSD is equal to something like maybe 15 MAB and Malevolence has 44MAB. Ternion doesnt have any Magic Damage+ too (its not as important stat for high fTP magic WSs, but still worth few % of overall damage).
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-01-22 18:22:59  
What are you primal rend/CS numbers like on wave 3?

Specifically R15 Mythic

I had a full magic setup and wasn't impressed with Cloud Splitter.

I was hitting 30k if I was lucky. I have some really nice Valorous MATK DM Augs as well.

I was using a Path B Pangu with TP Bonus Axe Offhand.
Code
sets.precast.WS['Cloudsplitter'] ={
    ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
    head={ name="Jumalik Helm", augments={'MND+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','Magic burst dmg.+10%','"Refresh"+1',}},
    body="Sacro Breastplate",
    hands={ name="Valorous Mitts", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+24','Pet: DEX+11','"Treasure Hunter"+1','Accuracy+2 Attack+2','Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18',}},
    legs={ name="Augury Cuisses +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'CHR+2','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+28','Weapon skill damage +1%','Accuracy+14 Attack+14','Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18',}},
    neck="Sanctity Necklace",
    waist="Orpheus's Sash",
    left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    left_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
    right_ring={ name="Metamor. Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    back={ name="Artio's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}

With the same buffs my GEO/DNC was hitting 60k Flash Novas and 80k Seraph Strikes

:S

I know Daybreak was probably part of it but the numbers were still really good even without it.

Maybe I'm just spoiled. Jugpet debuffs are definitely worth coming out BST though. Also my WS frequency was higher than GEO as well.

Also as far as an offhand I like the TP Bonus Axe, I've been trying to get a Ridill to screw with but I'm 0/150+ and I quit lmao
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-22 19:32:21  
I should bring my bst to wave 3 again sometime. I'm not exactly sure how well it would do.
I run R15 Aymur and TP Bonus Fernagu though.

If getting the same treatment as a rng for trueshot, ie: aurorastorm and geo malaise, Primal Rend will hit really well.
I'm really not sure how high.

but I had ~70k on Apex Jagil w/ geo malaise.
Code
sets.precast.WS['Primal Rend'] = {
		ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
                head="Ankusa Helm +3",
		neck="Baetyl Pendant",
		ear1="Moonshade Earring",
		ear2="Friomisi Earring",
                body="Sacro Breastplate",
                hands={ name="Valorous Mitts", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+28','Mag. Acc.+24','Accuracy+7 Attack+7','Mag. Acc.+19 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+19',}},
                ring1="Epaminondas's Ring",
		ring2="Weather. Ring +1",
                back={ name="Artio's Mantle", augments={'CHR+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','CHR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
                waist="Orpheus's sash",
                legs="Augury cuisses +1",
                feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+18','Accuracy+9 Attack+9','Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18',}}}

... and yes I wished I could offhand Daybreak on bst as soon as I saw the light damage + 50
By kasnuaku 2021-01-22 19:42:53  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-23 07:57:51  
Brilliantly done.
By eliroo 2021-01-28 09:14:41  
I know that each pet has their own unique niche, but what are some of the more common pets for a new BST to focus on?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-28 10:14:10  
Dunno, I'm not a new bst.

alot of new bsts cleave with Bouncing Bertha.
its the best aoe physical damage on bst

its easy to focus on pets power when you are new because you don't really have to gear up too much to gain advantage focusing on you.

Bst is a very flexible and adaptable job. I honestly thing its best to experiment and find your own prefered playstyle.

All the new pets from last August are fun and interesting.
Bst can do good magical damage or physical damage.
you can buff the master or do big aoe from the pet.
You can even use rabbit for big aoe curaga bombs.
The Buffs from Zealous snort are quite powerful for master and pet.

tldr, Arthur, bertha, Roland, Vickie

but thats really not enough imo.
[+]
By eliroo 2021-01-28 12:07:49  
Cool, we will play around with it! Thanks for the starting point.
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 175 176 177