Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 175 176 177
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-07-12 13:04:56  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Helm might win for Decimation when under attack cap?

Good catch, 21 more STR versus Skormoth Mask.
By Mrgrim 2021-07-18 05:30:57  
Yesterday I Took in a bst for Gogmagog fight, and it appears that Corrosive Ooze prevents him from overriding Either attack debuff or defense debuff whenever he used Infernal Bulwark. Before that whenever it did bulwark, I would be able to dispel 4 buffs with rdm, but during that fight only 3 buffs would be dispelled. One of the buffs dispelled was magic defense bonus, other 2 I don't know since rdm neck just shows 2 effects dispelled and no further info. What I'll do whenever I fight him a gain is disable neck slot and find out what gets dispelled whenever he does bulwark while he has ooze effect on.
[+]
By Pent 2021-07-24 17:19:11  
So Right now I am wanting to R15 a weapon. I have Aymur, Guttler, and Tri-Edge potentially to upgrade but I only have aeonic and empyrean t3 wins for Dynamis. So my question is which of the 3 weapons should I aim to upgrade? I feel like aymur doesn't change much but obviously would be the best for a pet build. I'm not sure for dps build maybe Guttler or Tri Edge but anyways let me know you guys thoughts overall as I just want to do one.
By Bazing 2021-07-24 17:44:28  
Pent said: »
So Right now I am wanting to R15 a weapon. I have Aymur, Guttler, and Tri-Edge potentially to upgrade but I only have aeonic and empyrean t3 wins for Dynamis. So my question is which of the 3 weapons should I aim to upgrade? I feel like aymur doesn't change much but obviously would be the best for a pet build. I'm not sure for dps build maybe Guttler or Tri Edge but anyways let me know you guys thoughts overall as I just want to do one.
Aymur. It's the one axe i'm missing atm but it's sick. Tri-edge is very very meh and def not worth R15'ing compared to Doli or Aymur. Guttler is fun and I use mine sometimes but only cause I don't have Aymur yet.
By Pent 2021-07-24 17:47:53  
Bazing said: »
Aymur. It's the one axe i'm missing atm but it's sick. Tri-edge is very very meh and def not worth R15'ing compared to Doli or Aymur. Guttler is fun and I use mine sometimes but only cause I don't have Aymur yet.

Thanks for the response. Guttler seems to be the middle of the road option since it isn't entirely pet focused. Guess ill wait for a bastok win then. Not like I have enough gil anyways.
By kasnuaku 2021-07-24 17:55:13  
do the farsha! mine is rank 11, I have so much fun with it. you can sub in the off hand when you wanna do more damage, with the ambu axe in the main hand.
 Leviathan.Horadrius
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Horadrius
By Leviathan.Horadrius 2021-07-26 20:06:59  
Could anyone recommend the best pet to attempt to solo Plouton in Vagary? I've tried Blackbeard Randy but he dies too quick, I have also tried the Porter Crab familiar but it does not do enough damage.
By SimonSes 2021-07-27 02:46:49  
Leviathan.Horadrius said: »
Could anyone recommend the best pet to attempt to solo Plouton in Vagary? I've tried Blackbeard Randy but he dies too quick, I have also tried the Porter Crab familiar but it does not do enough damage.

By Plouton in Vagary you actually mean Plouton bcnm right?
Tbh I have no idea what they did to mechanics of Plouton in this BCNM, so can't help. Just wanted to clarify that you mean BCNM version, before you get someone respond with strategy for Vagary version.
 Leviathan.Horadrius
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Horadrius
By Leviathan.Horadrius 2021-07-27 07:35:10  
Yeah, that’s what I meant, the single boss BCNM fight. I actually had a decent run going with Randy until Plouton started *** around with different damage resistances.
By SimonSes 2021-07-27 09:18:33  
Leviathan.Horadrius said: »
Yeah, that’s what I meant, the single boss BCNM fight. I actually had a decent run going with Randy until Plouton started *** around with different damage resistances.

Just FYI most people wont know mechanics of that bcnms, unless they are the same as in Vagary. I have no idea how to beat it solo on BST really, but I wouldn't limit to one pet. Maybe start with Unleash and buff yourself with several pets, then use Slug for Ooze and prepare Karambit/MaficCudgel, Tauret and Axe/Naegling. I'm kinda guessing here.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2021-07-27 10:12:10  

Aymur is the best and most well-rounded of our REMAs. Good melee dps weapon, our best magical dps weapon, and our best pet weapon, plus your self-buffs will last longer with the pet TP bonus. I would go that route for sure. The others are all harder to justify taking to R15. Tri-edge is solid for Mistral Axe/Calamity spam but it doesn't benefit that much from being upgraded all the way. Onslaught is not strong enough and we don't have the ability to take advantage of Farsha's white damage.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kelg
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-07-27 20:25:17  
I'm a newish bst, trying to improve my damage for my ody group. Wondering what I should use for ws if I have R20 nyame 5/5. Are the sets in the op up to date? What would sets for Onslaught, Decimation, Mistral, and Cloudsplitter/Primal look like this patch? Also what should I use for tp sets for single wield and dual wield?
For weapons I have Afterglowed Guttler, Dolichenus, and Naegling/Tauret.
By Xorlarrin 2021-07-28 08:12:39  
In the gearswap lua there are calls to png files but I do not know what addon/plugin these come from. Like:

RunWildDuration = 340;RunWildIcon = 'abilities/00121.png'
RewardRegenIcon = 'spells/00023.png'
SpurIcon = 'abilities/00037.png'
BubbleCurtainDuration = 180;BubbleCurtainIcon = 'spells/00048.png'
ScissorGuardIcon = 'spells/00043.png'
SecretionIcon = 'spells/00053.png'
RageIcon = 'abilities/00002.png'
RhinoGuardIcon = 'spells/00053.png'
ZealousSnortIcon = 'spells/00057.png'

Anyone know what these are from?

Thx
By FaeQueenCory 2021-07-28 09:36:14  
Xorlarrin said: »
In the gearswap lua there are calls to png files but I do not know what addon/plugin these come from. Like:

RunWildDuration = 340;RunWildIcon = 'abilities/00121.png'
RewardRegenIcon = 'spells/00023.png'
SpurIcon = 'abilities/00037.png'
BubbleCurtainDuration = 180;BubbleCurtainIcon = 'spells/00048.png'
ScissorGuardIcon = 'spells/00043.png'
SecretionIcon = 'spells/00053.png'
RageIcon = 'abilities/00002.png'
RhinoGuardIcon = 'spells/00053.png'
ZealousSnortIcon = 'spells/00057.png'

Anyone know what these are from?

Thx
Those would be whoever wrote the lua's choice of icon changer addon.
Icons in game are stored as clamped bmps within the ROM/119/57.dat; so given that these are pngs, it speaks of some windower addon for displaying fancier (read: actually useful) status icons.
As for which addon or plugin is being used.... I have no idea. Names are too generic and I don't use windower.
By Pent 2021-07-28 15:58:46  
Sounds good. I figured the options were either Aymur or Guttler based on the pet benefits. Thanks for the response.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2021-08-04 22:03:54  
Is there a hard cap on Reward or does it continue to scale with MND?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2021-08-05 05:44:42  
Asura.Sirris said: »

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Reward: For Pet Food Theta, the contribution from MND caps at 345.

From the BGwiki Pet Food page:
Base = floor((MND-Start MND)×Rate÷256) + Const
Total = floor(Base×Potency)

Reward Potency from gear and job points stacks additively, so:
Reward Potency from gear = 50%
Reward Potency Job Points = 20%
Total Potency = 70%

Base = floor((345-220)×512÷256) + 2160 = 2410
Total = floor(2410×1.7) = 4097
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2021-08-05 09:37:15  
Asura.Sirris said: »

Reward: For Pet Food Theta, the contribution from MND caps at 345.

From the BGwiki Pet Food page:
Base = floor((MND-Start MND)×Rate÷256) + Const
Total = floor(Base×Potency)

Reward Potency from gear and job points stacks additively, so:
Reward Potency from gear = 50%
Reward Potency Job Points = 20%
Total Potency = 70%

Base = floor((345-220)×512÷256) + 2160 = 2410
Total = floor(2410×1.7) = 4097

Awesome, just what I was looking for. Since MND contribution caps at 345 I may be able to claw a few inventory slots back on Reward.
[+]
By Gaigin 2021-08-09 21:55:20  
Hello all,

You may find this less then surprising, but searching through the forum for specific information on Killer Instinct when the forum bears that name... Is impossible! I apologize because I know this has been asked before but could someone please confirm or deny that the benefits of Nukumi chest with killer instinct o Ly work while you are wearing it?

Or do the benefits come as long as you are wearing it on Killer Instinct activation? Your help is appreciated, despite any short sightedness on naming the forum after our most important JA :)

Also, to weigh in o and the REMA discussion, I don't have rank 15 but an afterglow Guttler is a whole pile of fun. Onslaught > buffet > Onslaught for double Darkness is easy fast damage. If you are soloing and have Shantotto II up expect to see 4 or 5 MB in there on top of it. For group play an attack buff is never a bad thing.

The info in here is amazing! Keep it up BSTs, and thanks especially to Falkirk!
By Ruaumoko 2021-08-09 22:26:48  
Gaigin said: »
Hello all,

You may find this less then surprising, but searching through the forum for specific information on Killer Instinct when the forum bears that name... Is impossible! I apologize because I know this has been asked before but could someone please confirm or deny that the benefits of Nukumi chest with killer instinct o Ly work while you are wearing it?

Or do the benefits come as long as you are wearing it on Killer Instinct activation? Your help is appreciated, despite any short sightedness on naming the forum after our most important JA
Yes, you need the Nukumi equipped to get the conversion effect.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-08-10 01:00:49  

Or do the benefits come as long as you are wearing it on Killer Instinct activation? Your help is appreciated, despite any short sightedness on naming the forum after our most important JA :)
Nukumi has no direct connection to Killer Instinct JA at all. It only uses killer effect that Killer Instinct adds to further increase the effect that Nukumi gives.
[+]
By Gaigin 2021-08-10 09:09:25  
Ruaumoko said: »
Yes, you need the Nukumi equipped to get the conversion effect.

Thank you Rua! I personally haven't been using gear swap as the in game equipsets has been pretty decent so far. For situations like this where you need to sub in 'when killer instinct is active use X rather then Y set'might push me over the edge into GS... Atm I am just farming the stubborn Arcana in Abyssea Uleguerand. I have around 30 iron plates and only 4 Ferine body seals.... Just in case I ever want to be a bard instead...
By SimonSes 2021-08-10 10:40:27  
Thank you Rua! I personally haven't been using gear swap as the in game equipsets has been pretty decent so far. For situations like this where you need to sub in 'when killer instinct is active use X rather then Y set'might push me over the edge into GS... Atm I am just farming the stubborn Arcana in Abyssea Uleguerand. I have around 30 iron plates and only 4 Ferine body seals.... Just in case I ever want to be a bard instead...

Again, Nukumi doesn't have direct connection with Killer Instinct JA

1. Nukumi effect is based on Killer effect %
2. Killer Instinct gives Killer effect

So having Killer Instinct up, improves effect of Nukumi, but Nukumi still works without Killer Instinct (using your Killer effect from trait, merits, gear and food). Killer instinct also adds its own 15% special damage+ and damage taken- based on pet family against its weak family and that effect isn't boosted by Nukumi.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-10 11:13:57  
For situations like this where you need to sub in 'when killer instinct is active use X rather then Y set'might push me over the edge into GS

The more you start getting into PDL and other conditional sets like the one you mentioned, you will realize how limited equipsets are. You will have to make multiple macros for attack cap, 3k tp, high acc etc. It's quite limited.
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2021-08-10 12:22:39  
Hello all,

To be specific, Nuk/Founders enhances a trait (a generally constant value), therefore it only makes sense to be active while you wear it. It is also within the data in the following posts. (Being informative not snarky if it doesn't come across).

Look at the last post here Rua's Guide.

This entire thread here Circle Investigations.

BG Wiki (I know it is correct, because I tested it and fixed it on the wiki)
[+]
By Gaigin 2021-08-10 18:12:24  
SimonSes said: »
Again, Nukumi doesn't have direct connection with Killer Instinct JA

1. Nukumi effect is based on Killer effect %
2. Killer Instinct gives Killer effect

So having Killer Instinct up, improves effect of Nukumi, but Nukumi still works without Killer Instinct (using your Killer effect from trait, merits, gear and food). Killer instinct also adds its own 15% special damage+ and damage taken- based on pet family against its weak family and that effect isn't boosted by Nukumi.

'Again', I understand. Your reply that corrects semantics is not something that matters. The question was related to using Nukumi chest at all. Considering it would be rediculous to just wear it full time because it is always active, there is more depth then the point you are taking pains to hammer home.

Even if the effect is always active, the gained percentage would likely only be worth using over other chest equipment IF Killer Instinct was active in the right predation. So yes, I would use it for WS or certain things only if Killer Instinct was active. Not for TP, or Ready, or PDT. I saw your point.

Epigram and Buukki, thank you kindly for your insights!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-08-10 21:01:33  
Question folks, how easy is Purulent Ooze to land on the T3's? Was messing around on Ngai and found that I couldn't land it at all normally but had a 100% rate when he had aura up. Btw it's 10% HP down counts for getting credit for charge runs :D
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-08-11 15:12:54  
Oh so regarding Onslaught. I only have a Rank 10 Guttler.

It seems like I get better numbers if I use a multi attack set while dual wielding compared to pure weaponskill damage.

It actually bumps the damage up closer to Decimation while using Dolchi with the benefit of self skillchaining with itself.

I still kept the WSDMG head/hands on though. I couldn't really find any better alternatives. You can use Argosy but I'm trying to phase that out of my sets due to it being suicidal on newer content.

The Relic WS/Augmented Damage Bonus does help with additional hits.

I think that Twilight helm would make a decent piece for Multihits. But he stingy
Code
sets.precast.WS['Onslaught'].Multi ={
        ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
    head={ name="Ankusa Helm +3", augments={'Enhances "Killer Instinct" effect',}},
    body="Tali'ah Manteel +2",
    hands="Totemic Gloves +3",
    legs="Meg. Chausses +2",
    feet={ name="Lustra. Leggings +1", augments={'Attack+20','STR+8','"Dbl.Atk."+3',}},
    neck={ name="Bst. Collar +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    left_ear="Sherida Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Lugra Earring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    left_ring="Epona's Ring",
    right_ring="Regal Ring",
    back={ name="Artio's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+1','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

VS
Code
']  ={    ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
    head={ name="Ankusa Helm +3", augments={'Enhances "Killer Instinct" effect',}},
    body={ name="Valorous Mail", augments={'Attack+1','Mag. Acc.+10 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Accuracy+6 Attack+6',}},
    hands="Totemic Gloves +3",
    legs={ name="Valorous Hose", augments={'Attack+23','Weapon skill damage +5%','DEX+4','Accuracy+15',}},
    feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Accuracy+28','Weapon skill damage +5%','STR+4','Attack+13',}},
    neck={ name="Bst. Collar +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    left_ear="Thrud Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    left_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
    right_ring="Beithir Ring",
    back={ name="Artio's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}

Offhand was maxed Ternion+1

Honestly it's pretty weird. I'll post/get some numbers later. Target was Apex Bats with Ooze as a debuff.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-11 15:15:13  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Was messing around on Ngai and found that I couldn't land it at all normally but had a 100% rate when he had aura up.

I believe the BST in our group struggled to land it on Kalunga in a max P:Macc set. Even think it resisted it during Unleash, but not totally sure since we timed out shortly afterwards.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-08-11 16:47:09  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Was messing around on Ngai and found that I couldn't land it at all normally but had a 100% rate when he had aura up.

I believe the BST in our group struggled to land it on Kalunga in a max P:Macc set. Even think it resisted it during Unleash, but not totally sure since we timed out shortly afterwards.

Anyone got a pet M:Acc setup that isn't relying on crazy augments? Gonna see if other mobs are vulnerable to it tomorrow night, I know Ngai with aura up is a 100% land but not sure what else.
First Page 2 3 ... 134 135 136 ... 175 176 177