フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 136 137 138
 Asura.Nuance
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-03 12:15:58  
Well for purely tanking purposes malignance is gonna be better than kaja I would assume especially aoe tanking as you’re usually spending that mp quickly enough. Although brilliance has enmity and some dt
 Phoenix.Miraun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-01-09 12:39:36  
I've been talking a lot with Martel via Discord, and doing a lot of PLD theorycrafting. I'm looking to create a new PLD guide with updated gearsets... there's just a lot of potential gear that may be usable dependent on a dozen of other variables, but may be garbage on their own, etc. So more eyes are always helpful!

However, for something that just came up today, I was looking into my uninterruptible SIRD midcast set. I upgraded my Moonbeam to Moonlight piece, putting me 5% higher SIRD, so I wanted to do some testing. I was also using Staunch +1, Souv Head +1, 99 Red Legs, Rumination sash, 99 Red Legs, and Odyssean Feet.

I wanted to swap Odyssean Feet for Eschite Feet Path C. Which would give a good amount of Enmity (yes, at the cost of Fast Cast) That also reduces my SIRD by 5%. But that would also put me at the 101 threshold.

However, I removed my weapon, and did some testing against both Apex Mobs and some mobs in Inner Raz, and did not get interrupted when casting enhancing, cures, and blue magic.

I can't state for certain that 101 is the be all, end all for everything, as Martel pointed out, all % values have a /1024 value that is going to be fairly impossible to test, so this particular combination is working for me.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-09 13:34:58  
consider merits for SIRD as well 5/5 = 10%

what makes PLD tricky for precast/midcast is HP, this makes Odyssean pieces suck. Generally you dont want to bounce your HP from 1800<->3000. But maybe you do? Self-Cure perfect example.

a PLD gearswap could arguably be the most complex for this reason.

number_of_attackers>0 then SIRD(102)>Enmity>HP in midcast
number_of_attackers<1 (dont need any SIRD) Enmity>HP>recast

Lets say you pull wave1 omen, brd or blm sleeps the mobs, no reason to use SIRD if all the mobs are sleeping, you would want full enmity for Jettatura, Blank Gaze, Geist Wall, Sheep Song and Soporific.

But if you had mobs beating on you, then you want SIRD in midcast.

You could theorycraft PLD forever, DD sets/WS sets. all that stuff ends up dropping your HP, is that risky? maybe? maybe not?

you could have tons of "modes" for PLD
[+]
By Taint 2020-01-09 14:02:40  
A couple things I did are i took Cure out of my Lua. I use standard scripts for Cure. One for cure cheet, one for standard curing.

For WS i made 3 toggles. (‘Normal,ACC,HP’) HP keeps my HP above 3200.
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-01-09 14:03:06  
You're right, that was with 5/5 SIRD in there.

Pre and Midcasts need to balance DT, SIRD, HP, Haste, Fast Cast, Enmity, with varying requirements based on spells, etc.

I'm not sure why you would assume I wouldn't be taking HP into account in my other efforts, post was specific about SIRD values.

The wonderful part about HP though is that it only needs to balance out with your idle or engaged set. So while you may drop HP for Odyssean versus Souv, you could make that up with something like an Earring or Ring, as long as you set the GS priority on your gearswap to apply higher HP items first.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-09 14:03:14  
On that thought process I’ve been thinking about just allowing my main weapon to swap between burtgang and su5.

Su5 for idle below a certain mp threshold and for cures of course as swapping it in alone boosts hp by like 300+ and using burtgang for all other spells. Perhaps making a cure self set to swap su5 in and cure others with burtgang... imo only reason to even hold onto tp at this point as pld sucks in the dd department for hate purposes is chivalry.
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-01-09 14:09:48  
IMO, it depends on the other things you have as well Nuance. But having that amount of HP available in another slot may free up additional opportunities for more Fast Cast, Enmity in other slots.

Personally, I set up my threshold before I start swapping weapons/shield until I have Srivatsa. Which sucks as a shield, but is amazing as a midcast piece. I also have things such as Maligance for Fastcast, Deacon/Priwen for Phalanx... but I can't justify losing TP unless I'm really willing to go all in on losing TP and just swapping for near-everything with a Srivatsa.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-01-09 14:17:52  
Taint said: »
A couple things I did are i took Cure out of my Lua. I use standard scripts for Cure. One for cure cheet, one for standard curing.

For WS i made 3 toggles. (‘Normal,ACC,HP’) HP keeps my HP above 3200.
You might consider handling cure cheats in gearswap.

You can do the HP down phase in pretarget, then swap full fastcast+ on precast, and then usual potency/enmity/HP on midcast. All with 0 chance of actually being hit in the pretarget or precast phase. provided you cast on yourself using <me> rather than <st>. having any type of st in the command would leave you hanging in the HP down gear until you finished the command.

To control cure cheats I use what is basically a one cast toggle triggered by a specific macro that calls a gs command that sets the toggle and then casts a self cure. The cure rules check for that toggle, and gear accordingly, and then disables the toggle after the cast is complete.

Cures cast without the toggle active behave normally.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-09 16:11:26  
Phoenix.Miraun said: »
IMO, it depends on the other things you have as well Nuance. But having that amount of HP available in another slot may free up additional opportunities for more Fast Cast, Enmity in other slots.

Personally, I set up my threshold before I start swapping weapons/shield until I have Srivatsa. Which sucks as a shield, but is amazing as a midcast piece. I also have things such as Maligance for Fastcast, Deacon/Priwen for Phalanx... but I can't justify losing TP unless I'm really willing to go all in on losing TP and just swapping for near-everything with a Srivatsa.

Yeah basically that’s what I’m referring to there’s a bunch of very usable swords and shields now. I have malignance and Aeonic shield as well would likely make use of them as well of course
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2020-01-10 08:42:27  
I'm planning on doing just that... I just see so many opportunities for further gear manipulation with something like the Aeonic Shield for midcast with it's high DT, HP, and enmity values.

Definitely give it a shot and let us know how you're finding it! I'd be very interested to hear your experiences. I know a few folks I've talked to about it are hesitant due to the reduced protection during midcast by not using Burt or Aegis for their DT2s
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-10 09:23:51  
Absolutely but it’s also not like it’s impossible to just utilize a toggle to lock your weapons when you’re in those sticky situations that you probably don’t want to lose Burt or aegis for their particular benefits.
[+]
 Asura.Chevalios
user: Chevalios
By Asura.Chevalios 2020-01-19 02:21:33  
Su5+Majesty adds a new dimension to PLD. It changed my whole playstyle in Dynamis. Far bigger pulls, fewer worries about DDs soloing mobs and getting their ***pushed in because they forget their hybrid/dt sets. I see someone's HP drop and I toss em a cure4 and their would be assassin comes running straight to me

Su5's hp boost is awesome. Lowest my HP drops is ~3100 when I cast flash in full fast cast/enmity set. (I prefer <10 second recasts on flash instead of longer recast with higher enmity) If you have a BRD and RDM in your party: 1x march 2x ballad+ sirvente get haste 2 /refresh from a RDM and you can cure bomb the entire alliance to your heart's content and you'll have a hard time losing hate. Don't have a Burtgang yet but working on it. Eager to find out where I can fit it in. IDC about TP unless I need chivalry which I wouldn't with a BRD and RDM combo. Rarely ever do I melee on PLD as I find the sacrifice too much. I'd rather be a brick wall for mobs to pound on while real DDs do the damage.. I hadn't considered the Aeonic shield before but I'll put that on my to-do list now as it would be sweet to add to my flash set :)

Yes, RUN is an awesome tank and foil is nice. But SE did a good job with Majesty and it puts PLD in a much better position than before. Especially on a big battlefield like Dyna where there are many mobs and players moving about. Controlling the flow of hate is so much easier now on PLD.
[+]
By mhomho 2020-01-23 18:26:25  
Anyone have some Caladbolg sets?
By Felgarr 2020-01-23 18:50:28  
Asura.Chevalios said: »
Su5+Majesty adds a new dimension to PLD. It changed my whole playstyle in Dynamis. Far bigger pulls, fewer worries about DDs soloing mobs and getting their ***pushed in because they forget their hybrid/dt sets. I see someone's HP drop and I toss em a cure4 and their would be assassin comes running straight to me

Su5's hp boost is awesome. Lowest my HP drops is ~3100 when I cast flash in full fast cast/enmity set. (I prefer <10 second recasts on flash instead of longer recast with higher enmity) If you have a BRD and RDM in your party: 1x march 2x ballad+ sirvente get haste 2 /refresh from a RDM and you can cure bomb the entire alliance to your heart's content and you'll have a hard time losing hate. Don't have a Burtgang yet but working on it. Eager to find out where I can fit it in. IDC about TP unless I need chivalry which I wouldn't with a BRD and RDM combo. Rarely ever do I melee on PLD as I find the sacrifice too much. I'd rather be a brick wall for mobs to pound on while real DDs do the damage.. I hadn't considered the Aeonic shield before but I'll put that on my to-do list now as it would be sweet to add to my flash set :)

Yes, RUN is an awesome tank and foil is nice. But SE did a good job with Majesty and it puts PLD in a much better position than before. Especially on a big battlefield like Dyna where there are many mobs and players moving about. Controlling the flow of hate is so much easier now on PLD.

Can you share your fast cast and enmity sets? I'd like to confirm your HP-swing on my character, which will probably be a bit different.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-01-27 12:58:39  
Anyone have anything in their gearswap that will switch to cure potency recieved/cursna recieved+/phalanx gear etc when cure/cursna/phalanx is being cast on them? I know it is possible, but I have no idea where I would start making something like that.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-01-27 13:15:19  
Asura.Arico said: »
Anyone have anything in their gearswap that will switch to cure potency recieved/cursna recieved+/phalanx gear etc when cure/cursna/phalanx is being cast on them? I know it is possible, but I have no idea where I would start making something like that.

You'd make a function reading an incoming packet then if that is one of those spells that you mentioned, swap gear.
I'm sure someone more experienced can probably provide you with a 100% accurate code example.

Edit:
This is what I could find for incoming Action, which I assume counts as spells as well, but not sure.
fields.incoming[0x029] = L{
 Ragnarok.Galiber
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-01-27 13:29:47  
I think what you're looking for is the react addon
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-01-27 13:34:22  
Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
I think what you're looking for is the react addon

It is not. People are definitely doing it 100% in gearswap.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-27 14:29:08  
There’s a buff.doom set in a lot of gearswaps and all it does is swap to Cursna gear when you get the buff “doom”

As to only swap when a spell is incoming I’ve only personally seen that with react and I do use it for that specific purpose

As for like cures for yourself on pld 99% of the time you’re gonna have 2 pieces of souveran on likely augmented with the cure received path which gets you the 30% cap anyway
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-01-27 14:30:26  
Asura.Nuance said: »
As for like cures for yourself on pld 99% of the time you’re gonna have 2 pieces of souveran on likely augmented with the cure received path which gets you the 30% cap anyway

True, I'd still like to figure out how to do it as it can be used on other jobs.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-01-27 15:48:22  
I think Ejin has GS stuff for phalanx. I know he didn't write it, forget who he mentioned did that part, but you can always reach out to him for the snippet/his GS.
By paladinepsot 2020-01-28 16:48:26  
ItemSet 371061

My MDB set right now, Rudrianos is all meva and some int for reducing deltas. Will eventually replace head, feet, legs and hands with Windurst Volte when they drop.

Anyone have any thoughts?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-01-28 17:21:23  
My only thought is how you're using a Great Sword paired with Aegis.
 Asura.Nuance
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-28 17:29:45  
He’s a pioneer
By paladinepsot 2020-01-28 17:35:03  
Fixed
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-01-28 18:17:56  
Asura.Arico said: »
Asura.Nuance said: »

True, I'd still like to figure out how to do it as it can be used on other jobs.

Selindrile's gearswaps have the functionality built in. So if detecting Phalanx/Cure/Cursna is something you're interested in, use his GS.

I like my GS too much to make the switch, but if you're interested in putting that just that functionality in your lua, put sel-stahp in your libs folder, add the following to the top of your lua(or in sel-stahp)

function do_equip(something)
send_command('gs equip '..something..'')
end

Also define sets.phalanx/cure/cursna_recieved
and it'll work.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2020-01-29 13:38:15  
Well *** me sideways. I just so happened to be on RNG which I use snaps' auto RA lua when I was testing it, which apparently selindrile based his gearswaps on... so this solution doesn't work on any other job...
By Ozaii 2020-02-02 19:44:02  
How does atonements hate multiplier work. I thought i read somewhere it increases your enmity but i cannot find that. Does the 2x based on ftp increase enmity directly? And like so if i got like 1400 enmity cumulated would it become 2800? If someone can give me an example pls.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-02-02 20:07:33  
Let's say that 1000 damage normally gives you 1000 enmity (made up numbers).

If you do 1000 damage with a 1000 TP Atonement, you'll get 1000 enmity added to your total.
If you do 1000 damage with a 3000 TP Atonement, you'll get 2000 enmity added to your total.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-05 03:12:07  
Surprise PLD adjustments! Per the offical forums:

Quote:
Paladins will experience both ability and weapon skill adjustments, with particularly large changes coming to Rampart. For weaponskills, we’re introducing a couple under-the-hood changes to make it easier to generate enmity with Atonement.

February Paladin ・ Adjust certain weaponskills
・ Adjust effects of certain abilities
・ Adjust Merit Points
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 136 137 138