Cerberus Vagary Linkshell (for Clears)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Cerberus Vagary Linkshell (for clears)
Cerberus Vagary Linkshell (for clears)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-30 19:36:23  
We did three runs. The first one failed because someone caused Brimbolt to split. The second run was awesome, but it took us half the run to find Brimbolt. The last run was perfect, we managed to get to Rancibus with 10 mins to spare and killed it in 5-6 mins. Rancibus was too easy.

Congrats on the clear everyone :) And sorry for all the waiting around before the first run.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-01 03:20:24  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
We did three runs. The first one failed because someone caused Brimbolt to split 3 times. The second run was awesome, but it took us half the run to find Brimbolt. The last run was perfect, we managed to get to Rancibus with 10 mins to spare and killed it in 5-6 mins. Rancibus was too easy.

Congrats on the clear everyone :) And sorry for all the waiting around before the first run.
Ftfy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-01 08:26:51  
We did three runs. The first one failed because someone caused Brimbolt to split. The second run was awesome, but it took us half the run to find Brimbolt. The last run was perfect, we managed to get to Rancibus with 10 mins to spare and killed it in 5-6 mins. Rancibus was too easy.

You make it sound like I caused 17 other people an inconvenience. I can't help when I'm able to play!

:)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-01 13:05:12  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

You make it sound like I caused 17 other people an inconvenience. I can't help when I'm able to play!

:)

Had a few no-shows, and a lack of players on the server (less than 300), so we didn't have a choice but to wait for you as I couldn't find anyone else who would GEO. I asked the LS lf they preferred to wait for a full alliance.
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2015-07-01 22:35:41  
Hey Kylos,

I completely forgot to warn you about my absence Tuesday. I warned my 2 main linkshells and totally forgot to warn you, I was moving and helping a friend move as well.

I am glad to see all went well, see you next Tuesday :)

Your friend,
Krystela aka Vaness
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-07-03 04:06:46  
Thanks for posting that guide; I was the one who ran the x3 run that ended up with us timing out. I also was the one who cancelled the LS run for lack of attendance. :-/

I'll keep your job suggestions firmly in mind, but since I try not to shout sometimes I have to be creative in party setups due to some of my LS members lacking support jobs.

I want to get people clears and gearz, I just need a cohesive group to accomplish this. I don't care if I take 8 or 18 or if I have SMN PUP DRG or even a party of melee GEO... If we win then it's worth it.

I'll just thank you again for the resources you've shared and take my random insomniac rants elsewhere.
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2015-07-03 09:59:20  
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Thanks for posting that guide; I was the one who ran the x3 run that ended up with us timing out. I also was the one who cancelled the LS run for lack of attendance. :-/

I'll keep your job suggestions firmly in mind, but since I try not to shout sometimes I have to be creative in party setups due to some of my LS members lacking support jobs.

I want to get people clears and gearz, I just need a cohesive group to accomplish this. I don't care if I take 8 or 18 or if I have SMN PUP DRG or even a party of melee GEO... If we win then it's worth it.

I'll just thank you again for the resources you've shared and take my random insomniac rants elsewhere.

The only advice i can give you is that if you want to take friends on their odd jobs, then that job better be geared well and correctly.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-07-03 10:36:00  
Cerberus.Reiden said: »

The only advice i can give you is that if you want to take friends on their odd jobs, then that job better be geared well and correctly.

I completely agree there, and in the majority of cases they do just fine. It's more that I lack support jobs and have 9587 DDs.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-03 11:25:06  

I completely agree there, and in the majority of cases they do just fine. It's more that I lack support jobs and have 9587 DDs.
Then surely they collectively as a group won't do fine as they aren't versatile in their job choice.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-07-03 11:50:03  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Then surely they collectively as a group won't do fine as they aren't versatile in their job choice.

SAM Healer BLM 3x Supports

get used to this, tell your friends to level other ***, or get used to rampant Failure.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-03 14:38:06  
Looking to confirm players for next Tuesday's run in Deathborne Gate. Confirm here, or you can /tell Quilly or myself in-game.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-03 15:44:46  
For those who showed appreciation for my roughly written guide to Putraxia, here is another one for Rancibus.

Party Setup
- The zone is far easier with DD mages, so the more BLMs and GEOs the better, however it may be difficult to find six black mages and support to fill two parties. I had this problem, so I decided to take a similar alliance to Putraxia.

• Tank Party (PLD PLD WHM GEO BRD SMN)

• DD Party (SAM RNG RNG BRD WHM COR)

• Mage Party (BLN BLM BLM GEO SMN COR)

Two Paladins are used to pull mobs quickly and help with hate control. SMN in the mage party can be replaced by a SCH, however, at least one good SMN is required for the strategy we used.

Brash Gate - Camp in the area west of the pillars. Save any buffs until everyone has gathered (Also do an AFK check before entry so you don't have AFK players in the spawn area). Don't take too long to begin as time is very important.

The zone has three sets of pillars (six each per NM). In each set, one pillar out of six will spawn a NM with a group of mobs; the other five will spawn mobs only. You will be hoping to find NM early, but there is no way of knowing so it's a matter of luck. You should always be prepared for the worst luck (going through six pillars of mobs before finding NM) and destroy waves quickly with minimal deaths.

Pulling - Each pillar will spawn several waves of mobs containing different forms of Acuex, Leeches and Slimes. Early pillars will have fewer waves, and they usually spawn one type of mob at a time. Later pillars can spawn different mobs together.

When mobs spawn, they will be idle and unable to aggro right away. One PLD can train mobs to the alliance, however this can take time so two PLD pulling will speed things up.

Each mob has a weakness, and it's important for everyone to know as dealing the wrong type of elemental damage will force mobs into performing TP moves together. (eg. Slimes can do multiple fluid spreads) The weaknesses are as follows:

(My job on the run) On each pull, the leader will recognize the mob type and tell everyone the weakness. To keep deaths and MP cost to a minimum, it's safer to gather each wave and use timed nukes.

The leader will call out a time, and the BLM/GEO will cast high tier AGA/RA spells (of the right element) at the wave of mobs at the time stated.

Example: PLD gathers Ravaging Acuex at 0:07. They bring mobs to camp at 0:12. Leader calls for Fire @ 0:18.
(Don't rush waves unless you are confident/running our of time)

Bards should be using Lullaby so mobs don't hit the mages. They have strong attacks so keep stoneskin up.

Summoner plays a useful role by using Shock Squall. The move stuns a group of enemies for a short time (depending on their gear/skill). The Summoner should be using Shock Squall on each pull if possible. They should time Shock Squall to go off just before the nukes. In the above example, the SMN could do Shock Squall at 0:18, just as the mages start casting their nukes. This will minimize hate bouncing and deaths.

Hate in the zone works differently. Mobs will turn and attack you for any action you perform, therefore you should not do anything during pulls. This includes kneeling down, phantom roll, avatars and other abilities.

Melee DD and Rangers are useless on nq mobs as they have strong attack and should be nuked. DD can weaponskill as the BLM nuke, but they can't get TP from melee/ranged attacks. I was on Corsair, and Quick Draw worked well for me. I also used Tactician's so I could Wildfire/Leaden (only the DD party COR can do this, the mage party COR should be using MAB + MACC rolls all the time).

Final note on pulling NQ mobs:- If you have two different types of mobs, use the most damaging element for the timed nukes. E.G. Acuex and Mush are pulled to camp, use Ice instead of Fire.

Notorious Monsters

NMs will spawn randomly amongst waves of mobs if the correct pillar is clicked. The PLD should pull any NM right away before the NQ mobs stop being idle.

The PLD can pull the NM to the left or right side of the camp, however they should be wary of possible aggro from NQ mobs. If NQ mobs aggro, the alliance should kill them ASAP before turning back to the NM. You will need to kill the waves NQ mobs after killing the NM.

Murkcrawler - The easiest of the three. A combination of Darkness skillchains and Ice magic works well here. Like any other acuex, it can do AoE moves with status effects, so stay out of range if possible.

Brimboil
- Easy or impossible depending on whether players can follow direction. Brimboil has a unique mechanic where it will split and create new forms of itself if it takes 3k damage or more in one move. Therefore everyone is required to do the following:

- No Weaponskills. Even low WS can accidentally create skillchains + Magic Burst. Melee/Range attack it down and stay away from WS macros.

- T1 Nukes only. Originally I stated T1/T2 nukes, but some of the stronger mages found T2 nukes came too close to 3k, so we switched to T1 Nukes only. Thunder is the best. Spam Thunder.

- Quick Draw can come close to breaking 3k HP with a good set, so I would avoid. Avatars should not BP either.

- With melee/ranged attacks and T1 nukes, the fight will be slow, but safe. If Brimbolt splits, DO NOT attack the new spawns, focus on the original while the second PLD grabs the new spawns and moves them away.

Rancibus Easy fight. Focus on Light Skillchains and Thunder magic and just kill it down. Have one GEO bolster early on (65-85%) and the other GEO later (20-35%) Honestly can't say much more, except you will need (roughly) 5-6 minutes to kill it.

And that's about it really. The hardest thing is getting Murkcrawler and Brimboil to spawn early. Timing out is the easiest thing to do here. Good luck.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-07-03 19:01:29  
its brimboil @_@
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-06 21:18:19  
Been too busy to be online lately, Not had any confirms yet, let me (or Quilly) know if you are interested in Deathborne Gate.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-07-06 21:44:41  
I'll be around as usual.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-07 09:38:41  
I suspect I will be there too. Kicking some fomor behind.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-07 13:57:07  
Anyone know if Rizla is coming today?

Alliance (so far) includes:

Tank Party
Tidis PLD
Senkyuutai PLD (unless Rizla shows)
Shiiga PLD
Myathi WHM
Vaness BRD
Rusch GEO

DD Party
Zalorolo RNG
Kylos COR
Switchbladee WHM
Seiza BRD (?)
Missing SAM (?) RNG

Mage Party
Scotchtape BLM
Kingofhades BLM (?)
Davcon BLM
Quilly SMN
Phrozen COR
Missing GEO.

Deathborne Strategy - Easy zone, just kill the mobs in time.

1st wave - Bunch of Fomors. Kill with Fire.

2nd wave - Corse + Dullahan NM. One PLD pulls, other PLD grabs NM. Kill Corse with Fire (watch for Charm). After that kill NM with Light Skillchains + Fire. PULL BACK soon as it dies.

3rd wave - Pull Fomor trios one-by-one. One PLD /assist, other PLD hold fomors. Once dead, one PLD aggro pulls Palloritus + surrounding mobs. Other PLD grabs Palloritus and pulls to other side of the room while first PLD stands there with the mobs. Palloritus can Doom. (Unsure of which element/skillchain to use on boss)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-07 15:27:16  
Looking for GEO SCH SAM RNG and BRD at the moment.
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2015-07-07 15:29:14  
Hey Kylos, I should be online in a little bit if you still need a bard
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-07 15:42:53  
Still looking for a PLD or GEO 17/18
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-07 16:10:25  
Waiting on a PLD and BRD. (Or GEO)
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2015-07-07 18:40:56  
I logged on but went instant away, I had to bring someone to the hospital.

Please forgive me :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-07 18:53:40  
Cerberus.Krystela said: »
I logged on but went instant away, I had to bring someone to the hospital.

Please forgive me :(

I will forgive you.

Once again it took us a while to enter. I'm changing the start time to 10pm GMT (5pm EST) as of next week. First run was going just fine, however the PLD got Doomed on the boss and everything went downhill. On the second attempt we had a better setup and casually killed through it. Finished the boss with a few mins to spare. Great job everyone!

Next week is Perfidien. Should be interesting, seen as we have cleared each NM every week so far.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-10 13:26:31  
Taking confirmations for Perfidien this Tuesday. Will post some strategy sometime this weekend. Bear in mind you may not be on jobs you played on previous runs, and most of the work is going to come down to certain players. Anyone who attends this run should be prepared to use damage taken sets .. as anyone who dies will stop the NM from spawning, or if it's already spawned, it will warp out.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-10 13:37:59  
Taking confirmations for Perfidien this Tuesday. Will post some strategy sometime this weekend. Bear in mind you may not be on jobs you played on previous runs, and most of the work is going to come down to certain players. Anyone who attends this run should be prepared to use damage taken sets .. as anyone who dies will stop the NM from spawning, or if it's already spawned, it will warp out.

Brace yourself for a lot-a-thon if the body drops. :S

Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-10 15:40:28  
The drops are nice, but the main aim is to clear like the first three weeks.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-10 15:47:25  
The drops are nice, but the main aim is to clear like the first three weeks.

Perfidien and Plouton are easy. You just have to exploit elemental weaknesses, which are displayed in chat after a certain amount of damage has been dealt. 1 well-geared SAM to set up SC's and the rest nuking MB's is a good strategy for those 2 MB's.

If you have experienced SCH's you can skip the SAM part are do self SC's with MB's, which work just as well.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-10 15:55:16  
I was told we only needed 11 for Palloritus .. but no, we needed 18. I keep being told not to take a full alliance .. even though the whole point of the LS is to get clears for as many as we can (for free) .. and we still struggled to beat Palloritus with 18 people (the first time especially). We have the odd few players who know Vagary well, but most don't have a clue, and it's all new to me as well.

I expect Perfidien and Plouton to be the hardest by far. I know we don't need 18 for any of the bosses .. but I'll take as many as I can, not to make it easier, but to be nice and get people the clears. Spawning will be the hardest part, i'm not sure if the players we have are good at timing these spawn conditions. Also .. no, we have zero Scholars, and only one SAM (who probably does not have Soboro). I'm going to treat these bosses like the hardest thing ever and leave no stone unturned.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-10 16:01:45  
I was told we only needed 11 for Palloritus .. but no, we needed 18. I keep being told not to take a full alliance .. even though the whole point of the LS is to get clears for as many as we can (for free) .. and we still struggled to beat Palloritus with 18 people (the first time especially). We have the odd few players who know Vagary well, but most don't have a clue, and it's all new to me as well.

I expect Perfidien and Plouton to be the hardest by far. I know we don't need 18 for any of the bosses .. but I'll take as many as I can, not to make it easier, but to be nice and get people the clears. Spawning these NM will be the hard part, i'm not sure if the players we have are good at timing. Also .. no, we have no experienced SCH, and only one SAM (who probably does not have soboro). I'm going to treat these bosses like the hardest thing ever and leave no stone unturned.

I wasn't suggesting that you low man. I was just stating my opinion that Perfidien and Plouton are easier to defeat than the other Vagary bosses.

EDIT: Btw, I wouldn't bother attempting Perfidien and/or Plouton if you're not going to ensure that you DO have a SAM with Soboro. There are other ways to fulfill the Stage requirements but they're more advanced.

A half-decent SAM with GEO, COR and BRD buffs can land hits with Soboro just fine.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-07-10 16:03:15  
They probably are, but I don't want to tell our members that. They have to be portrayed as the hardest NM ever or they might not try as hard. Also the above comment was more towards those people who /tell me to go low-man.

Edit: Thanks for the tips man. I do appreciate it, and I missed your advice during Palloritus, but we just fought through it all.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9