Trump Talk™

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 116 117 118 ... 216 217 218
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 12:37:37  
Yeah, well let's not pretend Dave doesn't have his own claim to some pretty significant street cred. Nirvana and Foo, not one but two major groups of the past 20+ years. Not to mention all the great side work he's done.

Personally a fan of Them Crooked Vultures.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-08 13:00:06  
Ramyrez said: »
Yeah, well let's not pretend Dave doesn't have his own claim to some pretty significant street cred. Nirvana and Foo, not one but two major groups of the past 20+ years. Not to mention all the great side work he's done.

Being a successful musician doesn't say much about a person's character. Dave is a ***.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 13:05:33  
Jassik said: »

Being a successful musician doesn't say much about a person's character. Dave is a ***.

Oh? News to me.

He's always seemed pretty legit to me.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-08 14:43:41  

Oh? News to me.

He's always seemed pretty legit to me.

He talked a bunch of crap about Courtney and Kurt. Have a little respect for the dead and don't be the guy who badmouths colleagues. That is the epitome of classless.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 14:50:37  
He talked a bunch of crap about Courtney and Kurt. Have a little respect for the dead and don't be the guy who badmouths colleagues. That is the epitome of classless.

I've seen him talk smack about Courtney, but Courtney isn't dead and she's a mega-***.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-08 15:33:37  

I've seen him talk smack about Courtney, but Courtney isn't dead and she's a mega-***.

If he'd limited it to Courtney, I wouldn't care, but he said some things about Kurt being selfish and put some blame on him for their daughter's problems. The dude was mentally ill and strung out, that's not cool even if it's true.
By fonewear 2016-06-08 17:12:29  
I consider myself a sorta Nirvana biographer and Dave was essential for Nirvana being successful. The previous drummer was this guy.

He was okay wasn't a bad drummer. But Dave is a hell of a drummer !
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-08 17:16:48  
I'm...sorry, I seem to have stumbled into the girl's locker room by mistake. I'll just see myself out.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-08 17:20:19  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I'm...sorry, I seem to have stumbled into the girl's locker room by mistake. I'll just see myself out.

Pfft, where were the girls who talked about Nirvana when I was in school? I had a girlfriend that was a Pink Floyd fan, but that's about it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-08 17:21:12  
It's fine this is a unisex locker room.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-08 17:25:50  
The running mate has been vaguely hinted at today.
By fonewear 2016-06-08 17:27:13  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »

My rebuttal:

By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 17:30:00  
I wouldn't care, but he said some things about Kurt being selfish and put some blame on him for their daughter's problems. The dude was mentally ill and strung out, that's not cool even if it's true.

Sometimes you're a bit too candid. Even about friends.

It's shitty if he said that publicly though, and I'm not going to defend it beyond saying that the pressure to share things about Nirvana has to be pretty intense, especially as time goes by and there's nothing "new" to tell, so you open up more and more about things you probably shouldn't.

But that said...maybe that's something you just keep to yourself even if people are pushing. I dunno. I'm not in his shoes to say that though.
By fonewear 2016-06-08 17:31:57  
Let's be honest Courtney was Courtney before she met Kurt...they both were heavy drug users. Kurt was getting ready to divorce her also according to most accounts. She didn't exactly help Kurt...
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 17:32:31  
fonewear said: »
He was okay wasn't a bad drummer. But Dave is a hell of a drummer !

I'm not an "expert" by any means. I wasn't a huge fan when they were an ongoing thing, but I listened and had friends who were huge fans, and being a drummer myself I covered a lot of their stuff at the time.

I don't know what the dude is like as a human being, but as a musician and personality in the music world, I really like the man. His head seems like it's in the right place.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-08 17:34:42  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
..and is? *suspense*
By Ramyrez 2016-06-08 17:36:18  
Let's be honest Courtney was Courtney before she met Kurt...they both were heavy drug users. Kurt was getting ready to divorce her also according to most accounts. She didn't exactly help Kurt...

I think Jas is basically just saying "Yeah, Kurt had issues and may not have done any favors to some people, but it really does zero good to throw a beloved figure under the bus at this point, even if maybe it's not entirely unfair to do so."

Then again, I'll talk smack on John Lennon and the way he ***all over Julian's life and treated women like garbage, including physically abusing them.

John is one of the great figures in music history. Period. Full stop.

But sometimes great men aren't very good ones. And John could be a real *** at times.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-08 17:36:48  
From most of what I've read Dave and Kurt were very good friends. Courtney was always very controversial from the time the start.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-08 17:38:35  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
..and is? *suspense*

Its been narrowed down to 5 and more than likely one of his biggest rivals during the primaries.
By fonewear 2016-06-08 17:40:00  
He should get Bernie to be his running mate just to piss off the Bernie bros !
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-08 17:41:06  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
..and is? *suspense*

Its been narrowed down to 5 and more than likely one of his biggest rivals during the primaries.
Trump/Clinton!

Calling it now!!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-08 17:41:32  
You thought Trump supporters are bad look at this ***:

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-08 17:49:26  

I think Jas is basically just saying "Yeah, Kurt had issues and may not have done any favors to some people, but it really does zero good to throw a beloved figure under the bus at this point, even if maybe it's not entirely unfair to do so."

Then again, I'll talk smack on John Lennon and the way he ***all over Julian's life and treated women like garbage, including physically abusing them.

But sometimes great men aren't very good ones. And John could be a real *** at times.

Yeah, it really sucks when you hear good music but can't help thinking about how much you don't like the person behind it, but there are some additional factors that add to or take away that feeling for me personally.

For example, Axl Rose was bad in so many ways but he owned it, so I don't feel weird about enjoying Guns 'N Roses music. On the other hand, I can't hear the song "Imagine" without thinking about what a hypocrite John Lennon was.

Similarly, I still don't like Apple products because of that jerk Steve Jobs, whether he was a genius or not.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-08 17:51:33  
From most of what I've read Dave and Kurt were very good friends. Courtney was always very controversial from the time the start.

That's the word on the wire. Courtney was bad news from day one. Call her the Yoko of the 90's.

Pretty much. It's more the fact that he's in the public eye. I get that he's a musician and not some kind diplomat, but I lose a lot of respect for someone who can't leave well enough alone when they have a soapbox.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-08 17:52:14  

For fun you should Photoshop out the "Bernie" signs for Trump ones, show it to people and let them talk about how much Trump supporters are just a bunch of rednecks, then reveal the true photo.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-08 17:52:46  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Similarly, I still don't like Apple products because of that jerk Steve Jobs, whether he was a genius or not.

Is not liking them because they suck and are overpriced not enough reason?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-08 17:53:33  

Yeah, it really sucks when you hear good music but can't help thinking about how much you don't like the person behind it, but there are some additional factors that add to or take away that feeling for me personally.

For example, Axl Rose was bad in so many ways but he owned it, so I don't feel weird about enjoying Guns 'N Roses music. On the other hand, I can't hear the song "Imagine" without thinking about what a hypocrite John Lennon was.

Steve jobs was good in the business world but he was a lousy father in my book. He denied being a father etc. A real jerk ***.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-08 18:03:12  
Apple used to make good products back in the day. Now they basically make smart phones and that is it.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-06-08 18:07:23  

For fun you should Photoshop out the "Bernie" signs for Trump ones, show it to people and let them talk about how much Trump supporters are just a bunch of rednecks, then reveal the true photo.
Reminds me of

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-08 18:15:26  
Don't you hate it when people defy stereotypes? I keep trying to get some tips on discreet body disposal from my Italian neighbor, but he keeps threatening to call the cops.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 116 117 118 ... 216 217 218