Random Politics & Religion #07

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #07
Random Politics & Religion #07
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 59 60 61
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-12 15:29:34  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Quote:
Eddie S. Glaude, Jr., is the chair of the Department of African American Studies at Princeton University and the author of Democracy in Black.

My Democratic Problem With Voting for Hillary Clinton

Quote:
In the end, Donald Trump is just an exaggerated indication of the rot that is at the heart of this country. That fact of Trump alone, and the democratic anguish that goes with it, cannot be the only rationale to support Hillary Clinton. Something more substantive is required of us—of her.

Many, despite what I’ve written, will still vote for Clinton. I do not fault them—especially if they live in a hotly contested state like Ohio or Florida. Vote for Clinton to keep Trump out of office. I completely understand that. But I can’t vote for her.

I will vote down ballot, focusing my attention on congressional, state, and local elections. And I will leave the presidential ballot blank. I have to turn my back on the Democratic Party that repeatedly turns its back on the most vulnerable in this country, because the Party believes they have nowhere else to go. That false belief betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of this period of democratic awakening.

Hmm, a top page story in Time saying that being anti-Trump isn't a good enough reason to vote for Hillary? I know this is just one voice, but if it is in any way indicative of the black culture and how they feel about Clinton, it could become a major problem for her.

Depends on how you read that excerpt. Sounds more like he's saying Hillary has to do more than not being Trump to get their vote. That it's not really a Democracy when there really isn't choice or an illusion thereof.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-07-12 15:29:51  
Shouldn't you be hiding under your bed clinging to your gun?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-12 15:54:01  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Shouldn't you be hiding under your bed clinging to your gun?
That wouldn't be proper gun safety.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-07-12 16:36:10  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
We'll see after the New Black Panthers start shooting people in Cleveland at the Republican Convention. Democrats are about to trash that city. It's gonna be bad.
And what do you think is going to happen when the republican delegates don't vote for trump in the first round of voting if they successfully change the rules?
 Bahamut.Omael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-07-12 16:44:51  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
We'll see after the New Black Panthers start shooting people in Cleveland at the Republican Convention. Democrats are about to trash that city. It's gonna be bad.
And what do you think is going to happen when the republican delegates don't vote for trump in the first round of voting if they successfully change the rules?

The real question is how could anybody tell if Cleveland was trashed.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-12 19:40:57  
Hmm, a top page story in Time saying that being anti-Trump isn't a good enough reason to vote for Hillary? I know this is just one voice, but if it is in any way indicative of the black culture and how they feel about Clinton, it could become a major problem for her.

Have you seen the polls? They are pretty ridiculous when you look at the African American demographic. The Fox News poll last week had Clinton 93%-Trump 1% amongst blacks, the Quinnipac poll had it 92%-3%. If there is one demographic that hasn't been fooled by Trump's fakeness, that hasn't forgotten the decades of racism he has shown them, its the African American community.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-12 19:53:08  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Have you seen the polls? They are pretty ridiculous when you look at the African American demographic. The Fox News poll last week had Clinton 93%-Trump 1% amongst blacks, the Quinnipac poll had it 92%-3%. If there is one demographic that hasn't been fooled by Trump's fakeness, that hasn't forgotten the decades of racism he has shown them, its the African American community.

There's a difference between preferring Clinton over Trump and actually getting out and voting for her. I think you'll see that the latter is where she's going to suffer.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-12 19:56:12  
I would not expect that at all, especially among minority voters. Trump is making it very easy for her to win their vote, and with his final two VP candidates being old white guys that add nothing to the ticket, it will be even easier for her.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-12 20:01:54  
I would not expect that at all, especially among minority voters. Trump is making it very easy for her to win their vote, and with his final two VP candidates being old white guys that add nothing to the ticket, it will be even easier for her.

Again, it's not about whether or not she's preferred. Remind me why an old white woman (and an unpopular one at that) would get any more of the African American vote than previous Democrats had? You seem to think that because she's facing Trump she's automatically going to get a wave of support, but the mere fact that she's barely outside the margin of error on most polls from him says otherwise.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-12 20:10:02  
The fact that she is polling in the 90 percentile indicates she is indeed getting a strong wave of support.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-12 20:19:45  
The fact that she is polling in the 90 percentile indicates she is indeed getting a strong wave of support.

Every Democrat presidential candidate gets over 90% of the black vote. 93% would actually be tied for the lowest percentage since 2000, according to Gallup (which is when they started recording it). And guess where the discrepancy is between all of those candidates? TURNOUT. And that's where she's going to fail.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-12 20:24:22  
Looks like Trump just declined to speak at the NAACP convention, thats smart.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-07-12 20:41:29  

And there are still those that think slavery was abolished. Disturbing to say the least.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-12 20:41:30  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »

Mass chaos and the absolute destruction of the Republican party.

You can't go rigging elections just because your chosen candidate lost. Trump didn't just win, he won big.

Again, it's not about whether or not she's preferred. Remind me why an old white woman (and an unpopular one at that) would get any more of the African American vote than previous Democrats had? You seem to think that because she's facing Trump she's automatically going to get a wave of support, but the mere fact that she's barely outside the margin of error on most polls from him says otherwise.

She's the chosen one of the Democrats, that makes her worthy of our worship and she'll win just because she's not Trump.

That is, quite literally, their entire game plan. It's a great way to convince Democrats who will already vote for her to continue voting for her, but a very bad way to convince fence sitting Independents to vote for her.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-12 21:24:21  
Asura.Saevel said: »
but a very bad way to convince fence sitting Independents to vote for her.
It would be, if Trump wasn't making it so easy to hate him. The only other option is to abstain, write in, or vote outside the bi-partisan system.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-12 21:39:39  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
but a very bad way to convince fence sitting Independents to vote for her.
It would be, if Trump wasn't making it so easy to hate him. The only other option is to abstain, write in, or vote outside the bi-partisan system.

Last I read, the Independents are split between the two. For all the bluster about hating Trump, even those on the fence don't hate him more than Clinton on average. It's not just a Republican thing to think she's not worthy of office.

On a side note, recent polls have Trump up in Florida by 5 points and Iowa by 2, with Clinton in the lead in Nevada and Colorado. It's going to be an interesting battleground map, and that's where it really matters.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-12 21:49:23  
Last I read, the Independents are split between the two. For all the bluster about hating Trump, even those on the fence don't hate him more than Clinton on average. It's not just a Republican thing to think she's not worthy of office.

It's a love - hate relationship with Independent voters. They like his candor, that he isn't Politically Correct and wiling to just say whatever he wants, but also hate that sometimes he sounds like an idiot. He's become that crazy uncle everyone loves but is kinda embarrassed about. Hillary on the other hand has way to much of a disadvantage right now. No mater how much she tries to separate herself from the Obama Presidency, she's still connected and seen as "Obama 2.0". The American public really wants a chance of leadership and her being elected is viewed as a continuation of the past eight years. Then there is the issue with her basically being above the law, which REALLY grates people the wrong way, especially with the Police going about showing how much they are above the law. All the little issues she's been involved with and her past actions just paint a really bad picture that Trump will use to maximum effect.

It's going to be fun seeing all the liberals go apeshit in November.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-12 22:13:49  
Take it to Trump Talk™
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-07-12 22:16:45  
If this is what it takes to get bipartisanship I would rather have gridlock.

Obama Travels With Ted Cruz to Speak at Dallas Service
Calls for national unity, solidarity

Newser
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-12 22:23:09  
I like how you play down Trump's drastic unlikability numbers like they aren't even there.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-07-13 00:23:56  
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-07-13 03:24:39  
HILLARY CLINTON EMAIL SCANDAL by Scott Anthony playlist
By volkom 2016-07-14 18:28:22  
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/europe/nice-france-truck/

Quote:
At least 73 people were killed Thursday night when a large truck plowed through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, France, the Nice prosecutor's office said, according to French media.

The driver pointed his tractor-trailer into the crowd and accelerated, mowing bodies over. The driver was shot to death, authorities said.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-14 18:29:37  
fuggin nutz - like the apocalypse
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-07-14 18:30:10  
Wow ok France.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-14 18:31:07  
They had shooters with automatic weapons on balconies apparently, sniping people off as they ran away.
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-14 18:33:39  
73 people dead in Nice, France.

Suspected Muslim terrorists drive a truck filled with grenades and munitions through a crowd of people watching the Bastile Day fireworks.

Here comes another surge of support for Marine Le Pen of the French National Front.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-07-14 18:54:48  
I don't believe people should live in fear, but incidents like this make anywhere scary. GL finding your pokemon running around the street staring at your phones.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-07-14 19:11:06  
Islamophobia can go hang. This is reality. Sites like this epitomize everything that is wrong with the regressive left in this respect.

'Phobia' implies an irrational fear of Islam. This, however, is a false equivalency as fearing a religion that has not undergone its reformation like the Christian church did is not irrational. Do not change your social media profile pictures to have an overlay of the French flag or offer your meaningless prayers. Instead, get involved in the debate (using facts and logic in lieu of pleas to emotion and personal attacks) and encourage closeted rational and enlightened Islamic scholars to engage radical rhetoric to speed up the process of reformation.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 56 57 58 ... 59 60 61