Is Ranger A Safe First Job?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » is ranger a safe first job?
is ranger a safe first job?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-11 06:32:22  
safest first job is WHM
By eliroo 2016-07-11 07:38:38  
Blazed1979 said: »
safest first job is WHM

Safest first job is probably thf
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-07-11 08:23:28  
eliroo said: »
safest first job is WHM

Depends if they want to get in to groups. WHM is invited to 99.9% of everything, THF not so much.

My first job back when I first started at EU release was THF, was impossible to get invites on it back then. Granted things have changed a lot over the years but WHM still gets a lot more invites than a THF does.
By Afania 2016-07-11 10:09:23  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
safest first job is WHM

Depends if they want to get in to groups. WHM is invited to 99.9% of everything, THF not so much.

My first job back when I first started at EU release was THF, was impossible to get invites on it back then. Granted things have changed a lot over the years but WHM still gets a lot more invites than a THF does.

I wouldn't say whm gets invite to 99% of everything, more like 30%. Trusts, which doesn't add HP to NM can pretty much handle everything from T1 to T3 including gods and AA, and woc is doable without one. And when pt need a semi support from a healer rdm is usually better for easier stuff. I haven't intentionally invite a whm to pt in low tier content for a very long time(levi being an exception), last time when I pt with one for reisen T3 we were debating to make him job change to BLM.

And yes, at one point of time I've even have people ask me to kick whm out of pt just because trust can do the job and doesn't add HP.

The only job that gets invite 99% of time is GEO.
[+]
By Verda 2016-07-11 10:15:46  
Afania said: »
The only job that gets invite 99% of time is GEO.

Until there's 5+ idris in your LS and then people are saying stop playing GEO, and yes that does happen >.> If there's even 2 Idris in the LS you are in the number of times you'll be asked to come geo will be very small, so it's not the get invited to everything job ppl say it is either, for one thing it seems everyone has it.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-07-11 10:41:36  
That can happen but I don't think that's a real consideration for a new player.
By Verda 2016-07-11 10:45:24  
Even if it's not idris, everyone plays geo cuz everyone says it's easy mode to end game. Problem is you only need so many GEO and since people are coming into a new player thread and talking about endgame constantly, instead of in terms of a new player, Idris applies.

Siren.Kyte said: »
I don't think that's a real consideration for a new player.

Should have been what is said to 90% of the posts in this thread.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-07-11 11:06:02  
Best job for new players is something that can stand there and poke stuff, so they can experience the world themself.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-11 11:19:19  
safest first job is WHM

I hope you're kidding lol. TH is either irrelevant or feels irrelevant on most things a newbie will be invited to--and much of the time you do bring a thf, it's to have them tag and get out to stay alive or because that's the only job they have. THF is more prone to death than nearly any other melee (squishy, low hp, lackluster self healing and that's only /dnc, Triple Attack gonna backfire at the worst time, every time).

I mean yeah, it's good for personal farming but that's pretty much just so you can gear something else. Skip it, start gearing something else.

WHM / SCH / GEO: Allows you to participate in HTBF and reasonable content nearly independent of gear beyond JSE and easy to obtain stuff.

Soft Armor Melee: Hey, it overlaps with THF too, so you can make a decent one.

Tanks: you can make sandwiches while you solo things.
By Verda 2016-07-11 11:25:25  
If I was a new player, and came to this thread I don't know if I'd want to play anymore >.> Can't you guys keep job balance discussions in other threads? New player threads should be welcoming and informative not info dumps for everyones opinion and the equivalent of ffxi politics. There's these discussions raging over every single thread on the forums don't need it here.

To OP: sorry we suck so much I hope you enjoy the game :)
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-07-11 11:53:39  
I think game is pretty clear, DDs are out, mages are in haha. Both in cost effectiveness/time/gear/want. That being said its a game... I still dont have a mage job and I started like this guy. You can play w/e you want, but doesnt mean people play with you ><; my AG nin crys every night to gimp blus getting invs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-11 11:58:53  
Most any job is a safe first job if you're willing to play it well, learn how the game works, and make your own parties. You'll want to gear another job or two eventually, but that's how the game has always worked. If you just stand in town all day and wait for shouts then sure, ride the bandwagon (and don't be surprised if it shifts to another job at some point), but where's the fun and adventure in that?
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-11 12:37:20  
Verda said: »
If I was a new player, and came to this thread I don't know if I'd want to play anymore >.> Can't you guys keep job balance discussions in other threads? New player threads should be welcoming and informative not info dumps for everyones opinion and the equivalent of ffxi politics. There's these discussions raging over every single thread on the forums don't need it here.

It sucks both ways. For instance, a thf main "putting together" their own parties is still going to have problems. Who really wants a newbie thief in Sinister Reign, especially if none of the group grossly outgears it? Can't hit more than twice a minute and offers no utility.

On the flipside: Yeah, it is a game. Meant to be enjoyed. I just hate to see people put all their eggs in a basket nobody wants yet.

They should know upfront what they're getting into. We can't win either way; tell them the truth, or paint it all sparkly.

Quote:

Sorry OP :(

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Iuno
user: freyavp
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-11 13:27:16  
Verda said: »

im enjoying it so far lol, i've got red mage to 50 so far as a start, and unlocked ranger and geo.

figured i can just be both eventually over time!

edit: whats an idris?
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-07-11 13:44:06  
a very expensive club that turns geo into a powerhouse to be abused by your LS.
[+]
 Asura.Iuno
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-11 14:13:21  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
does geo play like FF14's scholar, where its an offensive support? my scholar gets treated the same way there lol

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Iuno
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-11 14:29:28  
Candlejack said: »
Asura.Iuno said: »
does geo play like FF14's scholar, where its an offensive support? my scholar gets treated the same way there lol
Nah, ya just cast the bubble spell and sit there waiting on the cooldown to recast it unless you have Idris.
ah i was hoping itd be like "the fairy will heal you" meme my guild has going on.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-11 16:21:23  
Just for an idea, GEO is just the new Bard. All GEOs are loved, but Idris GEOs most of all (by far)--

In relative terms, GEO is as powerful as BRD used to be.

In static terms, BRD is as powerful as BRD used to be.

(Bard's buffs are fixed amounts depending on skill. Some of Geo's buffs are % amounts like fury/frailty and are much more potent. Other geo buffs are just flat amounts--like precision--and just more potent.)
 Asura.Iuno
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-11 16:37:31  
Nah, ya just cast the bubble spell and sit there waiting on the cooldown to recast it unless you have Idris.
ah i was hoping itd be like "the fairy will heal you" meme my guild has going on.
Technically, I guess you could say the bubble is the fairy, so it still fits.
so how do i get these bubble thingers? seems like i only have indi spells

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-07-11 17:01:16  
FYI...

Other than buying the skill scrolls to learn, the fastest way to skill geo magic is this..

With a handbell equipped and relevant skillup food.

Summon a trust you can cast on and use this macro

/ja "Full Circle" <me> <wait3>
/ma "Geo-Precision" <p1>

Just like we used to skill enhancing in besieged, geo magic cast "on" trusts skills up like casting offensive magic on mobs.

Use indi-refresh on yourself (or go into abyssea and use Minkin Monstrosity if you have it) and you shouldn't have much problem sustaining the MP to continuously spam geo-precision or another cheap geo-spell.
 Asura.Iuno
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-11 17:49:44  
so back on RNG, is there a way to shoot arrows without a /ra macro?
By Afania 2016-07-11 18:08:26  

3rd pt tool.
By Verda 2016-07-11 19:17:18  

In the Config menu, go to Misc. 2, under Key Assignment go to Commands, in that list arrow down to Ranged Attack and hit D. Now Ctrl + D will shoot ranged attacks. This was the default when the game came out, but people were throwing ranged ammo (some of it stupid rare and expensive that you never wanted to throw) so SE's solution was to by default make this command keybind blank. This is how I shot arrows for many years, and sometimes still do.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-07-12 08:06:17  
Quote:
some of it stupid rare and expensive that you never wanted to throw

RIP Bomb Cores 2003-2006
[+]
By eliroo 2016-07-12 09:40:54  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
safest first job is WHM

I hope you're kidding lol. TH is either irrelevant or feels irrelevant on most things a newbie will be invited to--and much of the time you do bring a thf, it's to have them tag and get out to stay alive or because that's the only job they have. THF is more prone to death than nearly any other melee (squishy, low hp, lackluster self healing and that's only /dnc, Triple Attack gonna backfire at the worst time, every time).

I mean yeah, it's good for personal farming but that's pretty much just so you can gear something else. Skip it, start gearing something else.

WHM / SCH / GEO: Allows you to participate in HTBF and reasonable content nearly independent of gear beyond JSE and easy to obtain stuff.

Soft Armor Melee: Hey, it overlaps with THF too, so you can make a decent one.

Tanks: you can make sandwiches while you solo things.

I definitely didn't mean THF for getting into end game but rather just getting Gil. Leveling jobs doesn't take a long time and THF is a great start because you can start getting that gil you need to fund whichever job you want to play.
By Verda 2016-07-12 12:21:00  
They also made things like that not throwable later too, but people throwing Tsar's Egg and stuff was funny to hear about. I wonder if FFXIAH has logs of price history back that far, would be funny to see how much it actually cost around then >.>
[+]