user: Reiden
By Asura.Reidden 2016-12-13 23:28:46  
Gessho tanks Fu like a boss.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2016-12-13 23:36:39  
Went in GEO NIN WHM August Koru-Moru Sylvie.

Beat the Gorger, slightly slow but easy. Dropped FC ring.

Chose Kin path with no intention of winning, fight was smooth up until a 3minute Terrorize/Hate reset on Ninja at 65%. Absorbs phys during tp, magic/SC during casting. Was only using single target spells so Utsu blocked them all.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-12-14 00:04:37  
Well, you can store KI like Assault tags. So, you can go twice in a day.

Just tried Kei. Looks like it puts up spikes and you have to do use magic that is weak to when it has that spikes up. Water for fire spikes, and ice for wind spikes. Wasn't prepared(was on melee) but definitely seems to be mage run. If you do the wrong damage, it gains a slow aura. Was pretty evasive as well.

Nusku Shield from Glassy Craver
[+]
 Asura.Fiasko
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-12-14 00:14:13  
I just attempted Fu with a party of 4 (WHM GEO COR WAR) and used trust (Ghesso / Cherukiki). It was going okay but Resolutions/Savage Blades were only managing 6-13k depending on TP with eHaste/gFrailty/i Precision, Chaos/Samurai. We were coasting slowly until it put up Gaze/Shields (97%~) up and we started spiking dmg (24-30k WS) at this time we also saw the spiked dmg Fu put out 1.6-3k melee dmg. We took it to 92% before we wiped and reengaged but never got the crazy dmg spike before we timed out.

Random it has about 2m dmg based on the fact we did 550k~ dmg and it was only at 76% when were kicked out.

EDIT: Accuracy was about 90%~ with the hit or miss precision.
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-12-14 00:23:07  
Tried this solo and the mobs were pretty squishy. I was able to almost clear all 20 mobs (2 remained) but a couple of questions.

1) What the heck are the Omen amounts for? Not sure what this means: The monsters have XXX Omens remaining or something like that. Any idea what this is referring to?

2) One objective I saw myself and others get is "Eliminate a specific monster". Which monster? Is there something indicator of which mob in the group it is? I tried checking all the mobs and they all came up Incredibly Tough. Figure one would of conned Impossible to Gauge (similar to objective from Nyzul Isle Assault). Anyone know how this specific objective works?

3) 3 mini objectives start at the beginning of each floor it seems. Do you have to do all 3 to get credit or 1 or 2 is enough to get some sort of reward? Does the floor need to be cleared for the reward to drop or do you have do a full clear to get any rewards (i.e. job items etc). I know the mini and mega boss drop independent drops (i.e. accessories and items to upgrade armor).

Any information is appreciated. This seems pretty soloable with a mastered job. Thank you.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-14 00:28:03  
Tried Fu with some random people. It shifts between doing pitiful damage (like maybe 100) to extremely high damage (3.5k). The dispel move Falkirk mentioned seems to also buff absorb (hence the Blink buff; was it taking Utsusemi?). I think these aspects are linked; using that move seems to trigger the damage boost, as he didn't hit too hard when he never used it.

More interestingly, he only seems to use that move when certain buffs are present; holding it solo and using a few things, he didn't bother. This behavior was something seen in Arcus Blades fight (defensive buffs like Shell, Phalanx, and Utsusemi made it rage and Dispel). If this works the same way, then all you have to do is tell people not to use certain buffs and it should be rather simple.

When he's enraged, he's also very squishy and seems to either take bonus damage or has crap defense. Seems to go away after a bit though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-12-14 00:32:40  
Eliminate a specific monster, can be one mob in the bunch that you need to kill so its random which one it is, you just have to guess and kill.
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-12-14 00:52:16  
It's random with no indication? That blows chunks.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-14 01:03:12  
First time doing Omen:

Enter, kill 4 monsters, windower crashes. I return to an empty room, and cannot see my party. I get all chat logs about following the damn light, but its nothing there. Can't do anything.

What a rotten piece of shyt man.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-14 01:10:58  
The Caturae boss you pick determines which lesser enemies you'll fight on floor 4, it seems.

• Kin: Hippogryphs, Goobbues, Faazes, Pugils

• Gin: Toads, Raptors, Mosquito, Bats

• Kei: Elementals, Slimes, Lucanis, Worms

• Kyou: Chapulis, Treants, Mantises, Doomeds

• Fu: Skeletons, Cyhiraeths, Ghosts, Dolls

I am suspecting based on some of boss mechanics and successful strategies, these enemies, and the jobs on their scale drops, that these paths were generally designed to be favorable for those jobs.
[+]
By Lexouritis 2016-12-14 01:21:40  
Kei beaten, title Kei Combuster. Dropped that Ammurapi Shield. set up was RUN BLM SCH SCH Idris, boxed BLM.

Went in blind really, first run (PLD SCH BLM BLU BRD Idris) killed Gorger, it dropped Erra pendant.

The second run, they got the Craver, it dropped the Sherida earring

Got to Kei, timed out. Different Ls members for the most part went in a few minutes later with the info we gathered + better setup for the win.

Used benediction at 53%, and a special TP move (Dancing Fullers) at 75%, 50%, 25%, and 10% that does 2500 base dmg x the number of people in range, Including lupons. (BLU + lupon in range= 7500 dmg) Scherzo was on, still did 7500dmg.

Has elemental spikes effect, and changes them often. (indicating what element to nuke it with) It absorbs everything else.

Long fight, does typical Ashva caturae moves, but did not see Banneret's Charge.
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-12-14 02:00:16  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
First time doing Omen:

Enter, kill 4 monsters, windower crashes. I return to an empty room, and cannot see my party. I get all chat logs about following the damn light, but its nothing there. Can't do anything.

What a rotten piece of shyt man.
So stop using that "rotten piece of shyt" windower.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-14 02:13:07  
It looks like special moves at 75%, 50%, 25%, and 10% is a shared mechanic between at least some of the Caturea.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-14 02:32:20  
JK, This doesn't actually work. Transcendent monsters are 127, Sweetwater monsters are 125, and I was too tired to pay enough attention to names.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-14 03:00:42  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
It looks like special moves at 75%, 50%, 25%, and 10% is a shared mechanic between at least some of the Caturea.

Looks like it. Just did a run, got Kyou, did 10k damage to PLD at each of those %. No idea if there's a way to get him to survive that.

I just went with a pug, PLD, THF+GEO (dualboxing), BLU, PUP (DD lol) WHM. Managed to clear to Kyou, not an especially capable group but only had the Gorger who was annoying with buff copies but nothing dangerous and Kyou was only a danger to the tank. Got 3 cards and I won lot on a scale so I'm pretty happy. Wish there was a way to get more entrances but if you can get up to 3 per run with the chance at more entrances that's not completely terrible.
[+]
By sudsi 2016-12-14 03:29:39  
Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »

2) One objective I saw myself and others get is "Eliminate a specific monster". Which monster?

Nyzul Isle, I didn't even question it when I saw the description.
By sudsi 2016-12-14 03:30:50  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Err... the monster you have to kill isn't terribly random if you have battlemod. It's level 129 while the rest of them are 127.

Good point, cheating makes everything manageable.

It is ok, I get it, I do it too, but still cheating.
By geigei 2016-12-14 03:31:25  
sudsi said: »
Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »

2) One objective I saw myself and others get is "Eliminate a specific monster". Which monster?

Nyzul Isle, I didn't even question it when I saw the description.

None check impossible to gauge.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-14 04:30:45  
I'm thinking about what will be better to meet all the "do X" requirements.A BLU Party does work, but then you start to get stuck when it comes to JAs... Unless youre /DNC.
And Magic bursting can be rough on BLU... which alone is making me lean towards NIN/DNC? Or at least One NIN in your set there to more do the Challenges over the Killing.

Anyways ill start collecting Drops on the first page now. Thanks.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2016-12-14 04:35:36  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The dispel move Falkirk mentioned seems to also buff absorb (hence the Blink buff; was it taking Utsusemi?). I think these aspects are linked; using that move seems to trigger the damage boost, as he didn't hit too hard when he never used it.

That must be it. Good catch!
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-14 04:48:10  
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
The dispel move Falkirk mentioned seems to also buff absorb (hence the Blink buff; was it taking Utsusemi?). I think these aspects are linked; using that move seems to trigger the damage boost, as he didn't hit too hard when he never used it.

That must be it. Good catch!
Yeah, Thanks you two btw for being detailed about it. Managed to buff out the information on that NM Quite a lot now.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-14 05:48:34  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I'm thinking about what will be better to meet all the "do X" requirements.A BLU Party does work, but then you start to get stuck when it comes to JAs... Unless youre /DNC.
And Magic bursting can be rough on BLU... which alone is making me lean towards NIN/DNC? Or at least One NIN in your set there to more do the Challenges over the Killing.

Anyways ill start collecting Drops on the first page now. Thanks.
Can't a mage magicburst dia, banish, or whatever other spell?
Do you need for the MB to deal over a certain amount of damage for it to count?

Bard can spam Pianissimo every 5 seconds for the JA trigger, supposing it works, I dunno of course.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-14 05:49:13  
I wish someone would develop an addon that creates an on-screen box that displays the currently active trials and deletes the ones you've completed xD
[+]
 Bahamut.Guapa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: mrlooolz
By Bahamut.Guapa 2016-12-14 05:52:56  
Lexouritis said: »
Kei beaten, title Kei Combuster. Dropped that Ammurapi Shield. set up was RUN BLM SCH SCH Idris, boxed BLM.

Went in blind really, first run (PLD SCH BLM BLU BRD Idris) killed Gorger, it dropped Erra pendant.

The second run, they got the Craver, it dropped the Sherida earring

Got to Kei, timed out. Different Ls members for the most part went in a few minutes later with the info we gathered + better setup for the win.

Used benediction at 53%, and a special TP move (Dancing Fullers) at 75%, 50%, 25%, and 10% that does 2500 base dmg x the number of people in range, Including lupons. (BLU + lupon in range= 7500 dmg) Scherzo was on, still did 7500dmg.

Has elemental spikes effect, and changes them often. (indicating what element to nuke it with) It absorbs everything else.

Long fight, does typical Ashva caturae moves, but did not see Banneret's Charge.

Congratz!
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-14 07:10:40  
Can add Sherida Earring to the Craver; Utu Grip and Ilabrat Ring to Kin.

Haven't seen a lot of screenshots of drop pools, but it does seem like the Glassy NMs always drop one item and bosses drop two (one guaranteed scale slot, the other slot being gear or another scale).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-14 08:45:58  
Updated bgwiki with the currently available information about NMs.

With 6 people, the timed objectives I saw yesterday were:

Area 1 -
Follow the light and carry out your charge before time runs out.You have 90 seconds remaining.
1: Execute 6 skillchains on your foes!
2: Deal 18 critical hits to your foes.
3: Reduce your foe's HP by at least 30000 using a single weapon skill.

Area 2 -
Follow the light and carry out your charge before time runs out.You have 90 seconds remaining.
1: Use 18 elemental weapon skills on your foes.
2: Use 30 weapon skills on your foes.

Area 4 -
Follow the light and carry out your charge before time runs out.You have 150 seconds remaining.
3: Perform 18 magic bursts on your foes.
4: Reduce your foe's HP by at least 15000 using a single magic attack without performing a magic burst.
5: Restore at least 500 HP 10 times.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-14 08:49:32  
I killed Glassy thinker properly.
Every TP Move it does is a reset on Pain sync. So we WS'd, turned, wait for reset, then would WS again.

It dropped Adad Amulet for us.
I was streaming at the time so. i can highlight it if you want
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-12-14 08:51:16  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Updated bgwiki with the currently available information about NMs.

With 6 people, the timed objectives I saw yesterday were:

Area 1 -
2: Deal 18 critical hits to your foes.

Area 2 -
1: Use 18 elemental weapon skills on your foes.

Area 4 -
Follow the light and carry out your charge before time runs out.You have 150 seconds remaining.
3: Perform 18 magic bursts on your foes.
4: Reduce your foe's HP by at least 15000 using a single magic attack without performing a magic burst.
5: Restore at least 500 HP 10 times.

are these objectives group efforts?
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-12-14 08:54:15  
So does this mean we should use less subtle blow so its constantly reseting itself using tp moves more frequently?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 61 62 63