日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Omen Findings
Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 61 62 63
By sudsi 2016-12-14 08:54:27  
geigei said: »

None check impossible to gauge.

Did that seriously throw you off? Or just a witty reply?
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-14 08:59:51  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
are these objectives group efforts?
Yeah they are.

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
So does this mean we should use less subtle blow so its constantly reseting itself using tp moves more frequently?
I dont know But it took us 7 minutes to do it how we did.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-14 09:07:24  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
are these objectives group efforts?

Yes, which actually encourages you to bring a less diverse group so multiple people are working on the same thing.
By Luminiferous 2016-12-14 09:09:47  
Went in solo with 5 trusts. I received the following 90 second objectives.

Use 3 physical weapon skills.
Use 3 elemental weapon skills.
Deal 15000 damage using a single magic attack.

Made it glassy craver but it's HP was too wild for me. Simple to survive but timed out at 50%.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-14 09:11:58  
So it looks like the timed objectives scale with party size. There were 6 people in my party.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-14 09:14:18  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
So it looks like the timed objectives scale with party size. There were 6 people in my party.
Yeah it seems as if that is so. I'll update the main page.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-14 09:32:05  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Thats how we did Glassy Thinker.
We also killed Gin that run as well. He has the best reward title:

Edit: Sorry i listed it as private, you can watch now w
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-14 09:50:13  
What did Zero Hour do from Gin?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-14 10:05:16  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
What did Zero Hour do from Gin?
We never saw it, at least i don't think we did. We where avoiding most gimmicks, we didn't even make skillchains . Just used Savage blade.
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2016-12-14 11:20:34  
Went in with 6 people this time, but only me and the one person I did a run with the day before got a card (for the rest of the party, it was their first time entering). The only mini-objective we completed (I think) was the 18 crit hits, but perhaps we didn't if the others got nothing. This makes me wonder if the Omen score is in fact tracking something that is cumulative over multiple runs, and that at some point it awards you a card.

Got the thinker this time, and while it wiped the party (someone was too laggy to turn in time), I took no damage when I was the only one tanking, supporting the thought that Pain Sync works like a sandworm gorge move. It does have a buff absorb move as well (Trinary Tap) that went through shadows, and was a pain to have to dispel. With all these buff absorb mechanics, it's no wonder people are choosing pet strats.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-14 11:40:30  
Oh Fun factoid:
The Final Bosses are named after Shogi Pieces.
銀將/Gin: Silver General
金將/Kin: Gold General
香車/Kyou: Lance
歩兵/Fu: Pawn
桂馬/Kei: Knight.
[+]
By Rife 2016-12-14 13:14:09  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Thats how we did Glassy Thinker.
We also killed Gin that run as well. He has the best reward title:

Edit: Sorry i listed it as private, you can watch now w

It almost looks like damage done while TP moves are readying add up to a certain number, then pain sync releases it.
By Brynach 2016-12-14 13:23:22  
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Glassy Thinker did a lot of MNK ws and used Mighty Strikes 1hr.

Also, prior to knowing the full mechanic for Pain Sync, I mpk'd my party with some pretty impressive damage with AF/AC blood pact spam.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-12-14 13:25:25  
Also forgot to mention that Kyou can do Hundred Fists (it seems to only do it once though.)
By Kirakishou 2016-12-14 14:27:37  
Brynach said: »
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Glassy Thinker did a lot of MNK ws and used Mighty Strikes 1hr.

Also, prior to knowing the full mechanic for Pain Sync, I mpk'd my party with some pretty impressive damage with AF/AC blood pact spam.

And now I wish I took a SS of me getting hit for 23k dmg thanks to you doing that....
 Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mirathyl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl 2016-12-14 15:15:56  
Went and fought the Thinker early this morning Pain Sync doesn't have a range beyond 20 yalms. We had people in our group using distance and sat at varying distances starting at 20 yalms and going further back 1 yalm a person no one was hit after 20 yalm range. We went PLD, BLM, SMN, BST, WHM and RDM. The mob didn't care about the nukes me or the blm did however the SMN noticed higher dmg with Shiva and Garuda with decent from Ifrit. The BST noticed more dmg out of the cricket pet that does wind dmg over the tiger as well; which is making me curious if that's a weakness for sure and or if it only has 1 elemental weakness or multiples. I was the RDM of the group and can say it's pretty easy to debuff it, but slow and anything else Earth is not worth the cast. It's highly resistant to earth, but when I used gravity in particular noticed it was very weak to that, so pretty sure it's weak to gravity at the very leas, it's extremely resistant to earth on top of that. It also did use the m=MNK 2 hour during our fight. Other then that can't say much else beyond true speculation.

TLDR: Weak to Gravity (Very likely)
It has Hundred Fists (Indeed the case)
Resistant to Earth based magic (Indeed the case)
Possibly Weak to Ice and/or Wind (Unsure however fairly likely)
Pain Sync Range is NOT over 20 yalms (Indeed the case)
 Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mirathyl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl 2016-12-14 15:25:04  
Calinari said: »
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Sounds like a lot of farming
It's a very long grind for average rewards with better alternatives available (HQ ABJS).

It's designed to keep you subbed all year long. a card a day for 250~ days for one set of +3.

Can't complain there's no content for the next forever now.

Funny you mentioning getting a card a day, our group only had 1 person get a card and that was our blm. ;-;
By Lyramion 2016-12-14 15:43:30  
Also encountered the Box room today:

Killed Kyou:

Title: Kyou Killer

Meteor sub 25% is 25 range. RNG and COR shooting it at 23 can outrun it easily so healer can focus on tank when needed. We just let our PLD eat the big WS each time and arised him.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-14 15:50:22  
^ Proof that im not making stuff up.
IM NOT MAD YAY""
And thanks :O
more stuff for the list
[+]
By Darksparksnot 2016-12-14 16:05:58  
Kin absorb dmg while doing ws's.
By Lyramion 2016-12-14 16:44:10  
Also killed Kin after with our Free KI:

Worked around it casting/WSing using SC with our COR and superbuffed RNG to beat it down without danger of Amnesia. Mind you it's a very good RNG that beat Master Trial. PLD got Terrored for 3 minutes at 75% but we managed to resist it with our PLD equipping Founders/Sagasinger for the other times it tried.

PLD GEO GEO RNG COR WHM
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-14 17:08:53  
Do you guys not bring GEO for this? I vex'd (and bolstered final 25%) and Meteor was a complete non-issue for Kyou. Only problem was the tank dying to that Unfaltered move or whatever.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-14 17:14:04  
Finally had a chance to look at my log for Kin to get an idea of behavior:

WS:
- Malign Invocation, Stygian Sphere are always available
- Deathly Dimminuendo, Diabolic Claw above 50%
- Stygian Cyclone, Death Sentence below 50%
- Hellish Crescendo probably below 60%
- Target and Eleventh Dimension at 75%, 50% (saw it use Target twice at 50%), didn't see after 50%
- Interference below 25%

Spells:
- Starts off with Comet, Holy, Drain, Aspir
- Used Manafont at some point over 75%, didn't use it again after that; doesn't seem to affect his behavior at all, just boosts Comet/Holy damage
- Casts Impact once at around 60%, after which spells change
- From 60% to end: Comet (now AoE, maybe 10-15' radius at best), Meteor, Drain III, Aspir III (both are still single target)

Other junk:
- Completely resists Silence, very resistant to Frazzle and Blind obviously, every other debuff works fine
- A melee group can deal with the absorbs by turning away after every spell he casts as he usually just alternates spells and WS when fed TP
- Doesn't seem to have any particular gimmicks in terms of weakening or strengthening (unless absorbing damage affects his choice of spell/WS to some degree)
- Hits buffed melee with no DT set for around 500, Epeolatry RUN for as little as 75-100
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-14 17:15:00  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Do you guys not bring GEO for this? I vex'd (and bolstered final 25%) and Meteor was a complete non-issue for Kyou. Only problem was the tank dying to that Unfaltered move or whatever.

his OHKO move isn't a OHKO move. can split it between anyone standing in front of him and he only does it at set %s, so move people in before he's about to do it and try to get pets/luopans in the cone as well. don't know the exact %s, more info is posted in the BG omen thread
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-12-14 17:15:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl said: »
Resistant to Earth based magic (Indeed the case)
Possibly Weak to Ice and/or Wind (Unsure however fairly likely)
Empty monsters have always been given a random element (visible from their glowy core), which plays a role in their resistances. It is possible that these NMs have fixed elements, though, so it might be worth remembering what you see each time.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-14 17:18:35  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

his OHKO move isn't a OHKO move. can split it between anyone standing in front of him and he only does it at set %s, so move people in before he's about to do it and try to get pets/luopans in the cone as well. don't know the exact %s, more info is posted in the BG omen thread

Good to know. This'll be much easier to plan out when I go with non-pug groups, too.
 Leviathan.Arcajeth
サーバ: Leviathan
user: arcajeth
By Leviathan.Arcajeth 2016-12-14 17:32:04  
Lady didnt you like 2 weeks ago? That didn't last long.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-12-14 17:36:48  
Sylph.Braden said: »
WS:
- Malign Invocation, Stygian Sphere are always available
- Deathly Dimminuendo, Diabolic Claw above 50%
- Stygian Cyclone, Death Sentence below 50%
- Hellish Crescendo probably below 60%
- Target and Eleventh Dimension at 75%, 50% (saw it use Target twice at 50%), didn't see after 50%
- Interference below 25%

What did Death Sentence, Target, and Eleventh Dimension do?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-14 17:37:45  
Leviathan.Arcajeth said: »
Lady didnt you like 2 weeks ago? That didn't last long.

I quit a couple months ago, when I was signing on just to check if a Chirich ring+1 had been made and then going afk. Now there's something to do, so here I am.
By Lyramion 2016-12-14 17:40:18  
Quote:
Do you guys not bring GEO for this?

We do bring a GEO. We mostly just ate the Meteors np but the option to step out is there for ranged attackers.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 61 62 63