By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-14 17:41:41  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Sylph.Braden said: »
WS:
- Malign Invocation, Stygian Sphere are always available
- Deathly Dimminuendo, Diabolic Claw above 50%
- Stygian Cyclone, Death Sentence below 50%
- Hellish Crescendo probably below 60%
- Target and Eleventh Dimension at 75%, 50% (saw it use Target twice at 50%), didn't see after 50%
- Interference below 25%

What did Death Sentence, Target, and Eleventh Dimension do?

Death Sentence is a very quick doom. PLD reported a 4-tick as soon as it landed.

Target seems to have it latch onto one player and gives him glowing eyes, which don't seem to do anything on their own. No terror or gaze status effect was mentioned. Eleventh Dimension is an approximately 3-minute terror.

We're probably going to try Kin again tonight, will see if maybe Eleventh Dimension has some kind of gaze aspect to it. It just seems odd for him to gain a gaze without any immediately noticeable effect attached to it.
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2016-12-14 17:43:44  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
WS:
- Malign Invocation, Stygian Sphere are always available
- Deathly Dimminuendo, Diabolic Claw above 50%
- Stygian Cyclone, Death Sentence below 50%
- Hellish Crescendo probably below 60%
- Target and Eleventh Dimension at 75%, 50% (saw it use Target twice at 50%), didn't see after 50%
- Interference below 25%

What did Death Sentence, Target, and Eleventh Dimension do?

Death Sentence is a very quick doom. PLD reported a 4-tick as soon as it landed.

Target seems to have it latch onto one player and gives him glowing eyes, which don't seem to do anything on their own. No terror or gaze status effect was mentioned. Eleventh Dimension is an approximately 3-minute terror.

We're probably going to try Kin again tonight, will see if maybe Eleventh Dimension has some kind of gaze aspect to it. It just seems odd for him to gain a gaze without any immediately noticeable effect attached to it.

Death Sentence is a 5-tick doom on target, but I kept telling you 4 because by the time I could tell you, it had already ticked once.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-14 17:44:29  
Way to specify your debuffs, scrub.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-14 17:52:38  
Well 15 seconds probably then, but it's resistable with Magic Evasion or Resist traits (he went 0/9 on our RUN last night). Extremely fast activation, but not instant.

I tried to see if Blind would do something with the Target gaze but couldn't get it to land. Maybe a SC or something, whatever. Curious if Founder's Greaves can block Eleventh Dimension since they block every other Terror.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-14 18:07:10  
your all on the same server, why diddn't you clarify before posting ya derps. :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mirathyl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl 2016-12-14 19:08:52  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl said: »
Resistant to Earth based magic (Indeed the case)
Possibly Weak to Ice and/or Wind (Unsure however fairly likely)
Empty monsters have always been given a random element (visible from their glowy core), which plays a role in their resistances. It is possible that these NMs have fixed elements, though, so it might be worth remembering what you see each time.
That's true if anyone else can confirm with me those findings on glassy thinker that would be great as I cannot run Omen for a while again but from what I noticed that's what applied to him speficially while we fought him.
 Shiva.Cziella
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2016-12-14 19:40:28  
Question, is the KI for this stackable on NPC (Ala Abyssea Stones), or if I skip a few days, I will still only have 2 KIs (one on me, 1 on Gobbie) and that's it?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-14 19:50:47  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
your all on the same server, why diddn't you clarify before posting ya derps. :P

we'll discuss it at the next Sylph meeting

Did Gin, was super easy compared to Kin. I forgot to log it and didn't have any gauge on his HP but still had the whole fight in my chatlog:

WS:
- Diabolic Claw, Malign Invocation, Stygian Sphere, Deathly Dimminuendo
- Hellish Crescendo at around 60% or so again probably
- Stygian Cyclone at some point also why not
- Interference near the end, probably 25% again
- Perfect Dodge once early on, forget when
- Uses Suppressive Sphere immediately, which gives the message "A barrier begins to pulsate around Gin" and up goes the shield effect
- Zero Hour does about 500-800 HP and a 60 second Inhibit TP, range is at least 15', seems to be able to use whenever after around 75% (or maybe free use below 25% and we just killed it too fast)

Spells:
- Break, Stone V, Stonega IV, Slowga
- Honestly no idea what else he's supposed to be able to do, I only saw him cast a few times (I expect Breakga below a certain point)

Other junk:
- Absorbs magic damage occasionally, but not always; almost definitely related to Suppressive Sphere
- There seems to be no downside to using melee and not SCing, although he does take good SC damage when he doesn't absorb it (47k Rudra's did a 63k Distortion from a single step with Inundation)

Dropped Dingir Ring, which seems to fit in line with drops being associated somewhat with jobs that use that boss's scales.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-12-14 20:04:26  
the objectives do seem to scale with party size, I wanna say it scales 3x per party member (the "do this thing X times", not the "deal X damage with one WS" -- that seems to be static?)

(after talking with a few ppl in game about it)

I went solo yesterday and got asked for 3 ws, etc. and today went with 4 ppl and got asked for 12 ws. Data from others supports the idea of a linear change instead of a scalar one
[+]
 Bismarck.Skylight
サーバ: Bismarck
user: tavo
By Bismarck.Skylight 2016-12-14 20:11:31  
Don't know if was noted yet, I used dia2 on fodder mob(could have been transcendant?) and got a message that I lowered boss hp by 13%. Not sure which boss however.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-12-14 20:12:07  
Also, does anybody know how proccing works?

Today I solo'd darkness on a Transendant Beetle and got a Blizzard V magic burst and got a white stagger on it. My friend thinks it has to do with elemental weaknesses, but I was wondering if anyone else had proccing stories
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-14 20:12:48  
It means the portal to go up to the next floor has opened.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2016-12-14 20:14:03  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
It means the portal to go up to the next floor has opened.

that's boring
By Lexouritis 2016-12-14 21:00:58  
Killed Kei again, dropped Lugalbanda earring
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-14 21:29:25  
So for a starting group
What is the Best setup to bring for random path?

Rng rng smn geo whm pld?
Sam blu Sch geo whm run?

Would like to know what ppl use and why
サーバ: Asura
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-12-14 21:35:13  
Did another solo run and was able to get to the 3rd floor mini-boss. The first floor was specific mob again. I didn't see any difference in mob level. Checked all the mobs and they all conned IT+. Killed all 20 mobs and final mob was the specific mob. The same thing happened yesterday as well. Was the last mob. That's some horrible luck if it's a random mob or if it's just the last mob. Need more clarification if anyone was able to pin out the specific mob and open the next floor.

I completed 2 of the 3 objectives and cleared the first floor which gave me nothing. I did 2 more objectives on the 2nd floor and cleared and got 1 job card. It seems you get a job card unlocked per 3 objectives cleared in total?

Lastly, the mini-boss had way too much HP (seemed around a million). Looks unsoloable unless there is some sort of gimmick to reduce it's HP or increase damage.

Lastly, I asked previously. What do the Omens give when you kill mobs? It states XXX number Omens remain or something like that every time a mob dies. Does this play any role? There has to be some sort of connection to what those Omens do. Maybe they affect the rewards or objectives or bosses?

Any additional input would be appreciated.
By Lexouritis 2016-12-14 21:44:56  
Also saw Adad Amulet drop from Thinker. Ty for the Vid Shadowlina, that helped. However..we went all mage it sucked *** trying to time SCH scs, pld died quite a bit lol
By Lexouritis 2016-12-14 21:49:10  
As for best setup to bring, it depends on which Boss u ultimately want to fight. We've been sticking with Kei, so going all mage. Tyche's group went RNG + COR on a particular boss, another group went pet jobs on a different boss. So i guess plan the setups according to which path u want/if going for final boss clear. Seems to be some correlation anyways~
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-14 21:52:02  
Thank you Lexouritis
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-14 22:09:56  
Lexouritis said: »
As for best setup to bring, it depends on which Boss u ultimately want to fight. We've been sticking with Kei, so going all mage. Tyche's group went RNG + COR on a particular boss, another group went pet jobs on a different boss. So i guess plan the setups according to which path u want/if going for final boss clear. Seems to be some correlation anyways~

Really I think you just need to be able to counter whatever the special move is. I beat Kyou in a PUG that involved BLU/THF/PUP as DD with GEO as only support. Tank was able to zombie tank the whole time and just died to the one shot move as we didn't understand mechanics. Otherwise it shouldn't be hard to win within the time, my group was no champion of DPS and we won with time to spare.
By sudsi 2016-12-14 22:17:34  
Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
It seems you get a job card unlocked per 3 objectives cleared in total?

I just soloed on BST, I got a card after completing 1st floor without completing any objectives.

Did not get anything on second floor. Then got eaten by a gorger.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-14 23:04:56  
Two members of my party just got cards, for free, upon entering, before killing anything. We were PLD DNC BST DRK WAR, and the DNC and BST got the cards. The PLD DNC and BST had done Omen the previous day, and all failed, the WAR and DRK had not done it before.

No clue what's going on.

Also it seems unless you can bring overbearing might with you, you're gonna need a balanced party.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-14 23:36:26  
Our RUN was getting cards earlier than the rest of us and had done 3 runs so far (picked up KI immediately after maintenance). Our DRK was getting them later and he went with a different group the day before.

Seems to be that progress towards your next card is remembered between runs.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-15 00:24:02  
Our RUN was getting cards earlier than the rest of us and had done 3 runs so far (picked up KI immediately after maintenance). Our DRK was getting them later and he went with a different group the day before.

Seems to be that progress towards your next card is remembered between runs.

Has anyone thought to see if each player is earning the same amount from each foe they defeat?
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-15 00:25:54  
Specifically I'm thinking something along the lines as a WHM might get more off a defeated foe if they had to heal a ton between engagement and death, whereas a DD who dealt no damage to a particular foe that died during a multi-pull might get less, a tank might receive credit based on damage taken/blocked/parried/whatnot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mirathyl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mirathyl 2016-12-15 00:27:26  
Did another run and Thinker showed up again, Trinary Tap steals multiple buffs at the same time. I'd advise you tank it like that tree in Reisenjima you don't want buffs on the tank for as the thinker doesn't do much dmg to a paladin even if they have no protect and shell, so that it doesn't take too many buffs from the tank at once then needing a dispel spam.
By Brynach 2016-12-15 00:46:34  
Glassy Thinker dropped Adapa Shield.
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-15 00:57:40  
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
Has anyone thought to see if each player is earning the same amount from each foe they defeat?

Should be the same, otherwise our BRD would be getting nothing.
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-12-15 00:59:20  
Asura.Ivlilla said: »

Should be the same, otherwise our BRD would be getting nothing.

I guess the PLD (who ran separately from the BST and me the day before) must not have gotten as far/cleared as many objectives.

So I guess everyone can look forward to "participation prize" cards? I wonder what the points/card ratio is.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-12-15 01:00:38  
Quick question, how is everyone dealing with glassy craver and view sync?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 61 62 63