OMG ! so beautiful :) thanks guys
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-04-18 15:24:58  
Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Phoenix.Notfizban said: »
I've been at this for almost 3 hours and I've run out of troubleshooting ideas. Someone tell me what I'm missing.

Firstly, laptop running:
Win10 64bit
I5-8300 @ 2.3GHZ
GTX1050 4GB, Dx12
Windower 4.3
DGV 2.55.4.1

DLL files are in the correct place and all files and .exe's are unblocked from Norton. Followed the install on page 18 just now and restarted the machine. 13 fps in Mhaura and no watermark, which is exactly what I started with.

I did move the config file buy cut/paste into the PoL folder, and it does update, verified by timestamp. It didn't update in the PoL folder if I copied it and would only save to the original 'user' folder I did not move the MS/3DFX folders to PoL.

Do i have to move the Splash dll's? I didn't specifically see a 'Yes' for that anywhere. I don't have any startup crashes, but it will crash during shutdown about 50% of the time since the DGV install.

• Run dgVoodooSetup.exe (As Administrator) from within PlayOnlineViewer folder.

• Click on the DirectX tab.

• Now check the box that says "Disable and passthru to real DirectX".

• Click Apply.

• Keep dgVoodooSetup.exe open.

• Launch POL/Windower

• Once PlayOnline Viewer is launched, but before you launch FFXI, switch back to dgVoodooSetup.exe and uncheck the "Disable and passthru to real DirectX" and click Apply.

• Now launch FFXI.

Enjoy!

*You have to keep the dgVoodooSetup.exe open, and when you launch POL Viewer, you have to disable/passthru DirectX, and once the POL Viewer is up, you can go back and re-enable the DirectX wrapper.
Do you need to do that everytime you open the game and want to play? If so, if you multibox you would then need to do it again for each instance?
 Bahamut.Balduran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2019-04-18 15:43:11  
Sylph.Darkside said: »
Bahamut.Balduran said: »
I've been at this for almost 3 hours and I've run out of troubleshooting ideas. Someone tell me what I'm missing.

Firstly, laptop running:
Win10 64bit
I5-8300 @ 2.3GHZ
GTX1050 4GB, Dx12
Windower 4.3
DGV 2.55.4.1

DLL files are in the correct place and all files and .exe's are unblocked from Norton. Followed the install on page 18 just now and restarted the machine. 13 fps in Mhaura and no watermark, which is exactly what I started with.

I did move the config file buy cut/paste into the PoL folder, and it does update, verified by timestamp. It didn't update in the PoL folder if I copied it and would only save to the original 'user' folder I did not move the MS/3DFX folders to PoL.

Do i have to move the Splash dll's? I didn't specifically see a 'Yes' for that anywhere. I don't have any startup crashes, but it will crash during shutdown about 50% of the time since the DGV install.

• Run dgVoodooSetup.exe (As Administrator) from within PlayOnlineViewer folder.

• Click on the DirectX tab.

• Now check the box that says "Disable and passthru to real DirectX".

• Click Apply.

• Keep dgVoodooSetup.exe open.

• Launch POL/Windower

• Once PlayOnline Viewer is launched, but before you launch FFXI, switch back to dgVoodooSetup.exe and uncheck the "Disable and passthru to real DirectX" and click Apply.

• Now launch FFXI.

Enjoy!

*You have to keep the dgVoodooSetup.exe open, and when you launch POL Viewer, you have to disable/passthru DirectX, and once the POL Viewer is up, you can go back and re-enable the DirectX wrapper.
Do you need to do that everytime you open the game and want to play? If so, if you multibox you would then need to do it again for each instance?

Darkside, yes but keep in mind this method is only for laptops on windows 10. Desktops are fine where you don't need to do that.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-18 16:11:05  
Nobody should have to use pashthrough, the POL client doesn't call d3d8.dll at all and instead calls the usual DDraw.dll, which you shouldn't copy over. If someone has went through the configuration and it's not showing the watermark, then ffximain.dll isn't calling the folder the put d3d8.dll into. FFXI and Windower require two different setups.

Windower required the d3d8.dll to be placed inside the PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer folder. FFXI without Windower (and possibly Ashita) requires d3d8.dll to be placed in PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI folder.
 Phoenix.Notfizban
サーバ: Phoenix
user: awdmonk
By Phoenix.Notfizban 2019-04-19 07:40:19  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Nobody should have to use pashthrough, the POL client doesn't call d3d8.dll at all and instead calls the usual DDraw.dll, which you shouldn't copy over. If someone has went through the configuration and it's not showing the watermark, then ffximain.dll isn't calling the folder the put d3d8.dll into. FFXI and Windower require two different setups.

Windower required the d3d8.dll to be placed inside the PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer folder. FFXI without Windower (and possibly Ashita) requires d3d8.dll to be placed in PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI folder.

What happens if i copy d3d8.dll to both folders? I haven't yet, but somewhere, I've missed something. I'll log in without windower later and see what happens.

And thank you all for all the help. Turns out i should have researched first and picked the AMD chip option instead.
 Phoenix.Notfizban
サーバ: Phoenix
user: awdmonk
By Phoenix.Notfizban 2019-04-19 11:40:15  
Windower is the problem. I have no idea how to fix that, but it works when I open FFXI without it. My mouse is all screwy but I remember reading a fix for that....just not sure where.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-19 12:41:18  
Windower is the problem. I have no idea how to fix that, but it works when I open FFXI without it. My mouse is all screwy but I remember reading a fix for that....just not sure where.

Are you launching windower with admin rights? Also you might need to put the d3d8.dll and it's associated config file inside the same folder is hook.dll.

This all revolved around intercepting the loading of a library from within code. Normally an external library is loaded via an include or load statement (depending on language used).
Psuedo-Code

NewInstance = LoadLibrary(d3d8.dll)

What happens is the program will first look in it's working folder, then in it's library path, then in the system library path until it finds the named library. The working folder is the folder the application started in, most applications assume their working folder is always the one they started in, others read a registry variable to get it. By placing our own d3d8.dll inside the working folder we force the program to load that library instead of getting the one out of C::\Windows\System32.

The ~vast~ majority of failures to load are from the dll not being read from the working folder.
By DanielH 2019-04-19 14:55:12  

Had the same problem, corrected itself for me by deleting dgVoodoo.conf from the same folder aa dgVoodooCpl.exe
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Botosi
サーバ: Odin
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2019-06-05 20:43:44  
cptkel said: »
I did. It isn't changing FPS

Check your fastcs addon config.
 Bahamut.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-06-05 22:11:16  
It’s //config FrameRateDivisor 1. And yes it’s case-sensitive.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2019-06-07 04:58:06  
any one have any issues using this when 6booxing by chance?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Lewyo
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2019-07-24 13:02:47  
I have DG voodoo loading up but when it goes full screen i get a line down the left side that is flashing like an old tape loading screen use to give.

Any ideas on what's causing this line?

System info:

Windows 10 pro

AMD 3700X

Nvidia 2080

16 gb ram
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [124 days between previous and next post]
By Lobivopsis 2019-11-25 01:55:41  
kireek said: »
Is it possible for this program to take over mipmapping for ffxi, or is there any other way?

As in can you set mipmapping to 0 in windower and then make dgvoodoo do it?

Reason being, most games use pre-made mipmaps in the DDS files. FFXI doesn't do this, it makes them on the fly and with bigger textures this causes hitches.

With ATI cards enable mipmapping in FFXI and then in the Radeon settings set mipmapping to overrride application settings and crank it up to the max. FFXI nativly use 2 mipmap levels but in the Radeon drivers you can force it to use 16 levels. Now sure how you do this with Nvida but it's probably similar.

Also surface format optimization in the Radeon settings actually reduces texture quality slightly to make things slightly faster (it changes the colorspace format of textures) so you can tick that off if you want (it will make zero performance different with FFXI)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2019-12-30 17:09:19  
*Necro bump*

I am trying to return but this laptop (Optimus, yadda yadda) has horrible performance so I thought about trying this, but I noticed dgVoodoo was updated few days ago! (on December 25th, Merry Christmas!).

I have been unable to make it work so far, following the instructions, mainly because there is not D38D.dll, I'm trying renaming some of the DLLs in there but didn't have much time earlier, I hope I can re-try later, but just posting here in case anybody has updated to the latest version of dgVoodoo.

Thanks!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-30 22:36:07  
dgVoodoo2_63\MS\x86
D3D8.DLL
D3D9.DLL
D3DImm.dll
DDraw.dll

Just copy the D3D8.DLL over, ignore the x64 directory as that's for the DX9 mode.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2019-12-31 05:13:05  
dgVoodoo2_63\MS\x86
D3D8.DLL
D3D9.DLL
D3DImm.dll
DDraw.dll

Just copy the D3D8.DLL over, ignore the x64 directory as that's for the DX9 mode.

Thank you for that, that's when I did but I have the "oh, no, horrible crash" when it goes from POL to FFXI.

I did "RTFM" and actually explored all of the pages of this thread, tl;dr of what I did:

- Ensured D3DCompiler_47 dll was already at the syswow64 directory, it already existed so I didn't touch it.
- Put dgVoodoo.exe plus the D3D8.dll library on PlayOnline directory (not FinalFantasy).
- Executed dgVoodoo as administrator and set the minimum recommended settings as in page 18 of this thread. vRAM was set at 1024 MB.
- Unlocked D3D8 DLL via the right click, it was locked.
- Set NVidia settings on pannel as recommended on page 18.

So far, no luck with the latest version OR with the version from two years ago originally mentioned on this thread so for sure I'm doing something dumb but I am not sure what.

Oh! And just to rule out Windower, I moved the dgVoodoo exe + conf file + DLL to FinalFantasy directory and started FFXI without Windower as a test, same crash so we can rule Windower out.

Windows 10
Laptop Lenovo Legion Y520
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 with 4 GB of vRAM (Optimus, the other one is Intel HD 630)
24 GB of RAM

Just anecdotically, with regular Windower I get only about 17-20 FPS while in Adoulin so that's pretty much unplayable.

I'll play with the settings for a bit more but if there is something obvious that I'm doing wrong (which most likely there is) please let me know.

Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Miang
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Miang
By Lakshmi.Miang 2019-12-31 05:48:15  
Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq said: »
dgVoodoo2_63\MS\x86
D3D8.DLL
D3D9.DLL
D3DImm.dll
DDraw.dll

Thank you for that, that's when I did but I have the "oh, no, horrible crash" when it goes from POL to FFXI.

I did "RTFM" and actually explored all of the pages of this thread, tl;dr of what I did:

- Ensured D3DCompiler_47 dll was already at the syswow64 directory, it already existed so I didn't touch it.
- Put dgVoodoo.exe plus the D3D8.dll library on PlayOnline directory (not FinalFantasy).
- Executed dgVoodoo as administrator and set the minimum recommended settings as in page 18 of this thread. vRAM was set at 1024 MB.

So far, no luck with the latest version OR with the version from two years ago originally mentioned on this thread so for sure I'm doing something dumb but I am not sure what.

Oh! And just to rule out Windower, I moved the dgVoodoo exe + conf file + DLL to FinalFantasy directory and started FFXI without Windower as a test, same crash so we can rule Windower out.

Windows 10
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 with 4 GB of vRAM (Optimus, the other one is Intel HD 630)
24 GB of RAM

Just anecdotically, with regular Windower I get only about 17-20 FPS while in Adoulin so that's pretty much unplayable.

I'll play with the settings for a bit more but if there is something obvious that I'm doing wrong (which most likely there is) please let me know.

Thanks!

Does this happen to be a fresh install of FFXI that you've never booted yet? I upgraded my computer over xmas and had to reinstall windows, and I was getting a crash when switching from POL to FFXI, but it turned out I needed to run the FFXI config program first and save the settings, then it started working for me. If not, I'm not really sure why it would be crashing for you, but I did notice on the first page that there's a "beta" version 3.5 or something that's meant to be more stable for FFXI, which is the one I'm using
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2019-12-31 05:52:41  
Lakshmi.Miang said: »
Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq said: »
dgVoodoo2_63\MS\x86
D3D8.DLL
D3D9.DLL
D3DImm.dll
DDraw.dll

Windows 10
24 GB of RAM

Thanks!

Does this happen to be a fresh install of FFXI that you've never booted yet? I upgraded my computer over xmas and had to reinstall windows, and I was getting a crash when switching from POL to FFXI, but it turned out I needed to run the FFXI config program first and save the settings, then it started working for me. If not, I'm not really sure why it would be crashing for you, but I did notice on the first page that there's a "beta" version 3.5 or something that's meant to be more stable for FFXI, which is the one I'm using

Yup! Fresh install of FFXI but I forgot to mention (my bad!) that before Windower and everything I did run FFXI Config and executed vanilla FFXI just to make sure it ran well. After that I just used my old Windower copy with my predefined plugins and settings and it works but so slowly! That's why I'm so interested in getting dgVoodoo to work :).

Anyway, yup! FFXI Config is set with only few tweaks to default settings but vanilla FFXI works well (although still slow, of course, and I wouldn't/won't play this game without Windower :P).

(EDIT: tried that beta too last night, btw, same results no matter what version I use :( ).
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-12-31 07:32:47  
Just verified the 2.63 version works with Optimus, it's most likely your drivers or even antivirus. Playonline is just directdraw and when it boots FFXI that is when the D3D8 session gets established, so if it's failing at that point then there is a problem with establishing a session or surface. Normally there should be a faulting error that might give a hint, though Windows 10 is really good at hiding "scary" messages from users.

If all else fails you could also try using Atomos's D3D9 proxy, it's easier to get working then dgVoodoo2 as it only works with FFXI.

https://forums.ashitaxi.com/viewforum.php?f=26

It's purpose is to get FFXI working on newer laptops and won't do much else, which might be all you need anyway.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2020-01-02 18:36:51  
Sorry to keep this long to come back. So, it was some kind of error from my side. What I did was:

1) Update NVidia driver (maybe this?)
2) Reboot the computer (I hadn't in so long... like a week ago).
3) Further lower settings on FFXI Config
4) Further lower settings on NVidia control panel.
5) Further lower settings on dgVoodoo.

Now it's working but I need to figure out exactly how much can I tune up but... yes! I'm happy.

Thanks for the advises and sorry about the noise!
By AsAller 2020-01-16 15:43:11  
In DGvoodoo settings, where it says "adapter to enable" would I want to let it say both of them or select the Nvidia card?

Reason I ask is that I can run the game when it is set to "both of them" but when I select my Nvidia card which is what I feel it should be, it crashes going from POL to FFXI.
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-01-17 08:24:40  
AsAller said: »
In DGvoodoo settings, where it says "adapter to enable" would I want to let it say both of them or select the Nvidia card?

Reason I ask is that I can run the game when it is set to "both of them" but when I select my Nvidia card which is what I feel it should be, it crashes going from POL to FFXI.

Hi AsAller, I take it you are using NVIDIA card on a laptop. Please refer to my reply in previous pages for a work around this crash.
By SimonSes 2020-01-24 03:43:39  
Does dgVoodoo even help with FFXI running on desktop pc? I 4boxing and each instance of FFXI uses around 16% of my GPU, so GPU is definitely used already. Would dgVoodoo make it work better or use GPU more efficiently?
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-01-25 15:59:18  
SimonSes said: »
Does dgVoodoo even help with FFXI running on desktop pc? I 4boxing and each instance of FFXI uses around 16% of my GPU, so GPU is definitely used already. Would dgVoodoo make it work better or use GPU more efficiently?

100% yes. It makes the game massively more stable. Allows you launch other games fullscreen without crashing. Allows you lock your PC or CTRL+ALT+DEL without FFXI crashing. Fixes/changes how some thing render.

I wouldn't say say it offloads off the CPU though. From eyeballing I'd say it increases CPU usage. So you may need to check how 4-boxing is. I don't know about GPU but it does let stuff looking for Directx9-11 app detect ffxi better.

You also can't just set everything to max in DGVoodoo and expect good performance.
 Asura.Erupt
user: erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2020-01-25 16:10:43  
Sylph.Reain said: »
SimonSes said: »

100% yes. It makes the game massively more stable. Allows you launch other games fullscreen without crashing. Allows you lock your PC or CTRL+ALT+DEL without FFXI crashing. Fixes/changes how some thing render.

I wouldn't say say it offloads off the CPU though. From eyeballing I'd say it increases CPU usage. So you may need to check how 4-boxing is. I don't know about GPU but it does let stuff looking for Directx9-11 app detect ffxi better.

You also can't just set everything to max in DGVoodoo and expect good performance.

Dgvoodoo helps but don't run reshade if you're getting CPU usage you're not happy with, reshade is huge draw. On my 2700x with a 2080rtx super my clients will sit between 3-6% CPU for my 800x600 windows. My 1650 window my draw 10+.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24