Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 322 323 324 ... 436 437 438
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-09-08 15:07:39  
Aerix said: »
I bet Asurans are happy about yells turning from "4 REMA BRD only" into "5 REMA BRD only".

8 REMA BRD or GTFO
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-09-08 15:16:09  
16 is the same number as relic weapons or aeonic weapons, going to call reskins of relics but with aeonic job list.

A little disappointed they didn't do 22 like mythic/ergon much lower chance I think of them actually doing unique interesting bonuses when they make them share jobs.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-09-08 15:34:01  
Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad if Prime weapons are basically just fixed/competitive versions of exactly the same Relic weapons with useful WSs. Ghorn and Aegis would be outliers, but perhaps they'd get ilevel stats.

At least that way all jobs would have access and they wouldn't be as easy to obtain as Relics, which would've made EMA less relevant. Would also explain why they refuse to fix Relic WSs after all these years.
By Guyford 2022-09-08 15:47:14  
I'd venture a pretty confident guess that since they are "black relics" we're just gonna be getting buffed up relic wses as the linked wses on these weapons. They might revamp the relic wses, making them actually multihit and giving them more meaningful tp-based bonuses, but I wouldnt expect a new ws. Maybe another new song on the horn.

Edit: And there's a decent chance brd will also be on the new dagger, meaning 9 prema brd or gtfo.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-09-08 16:39:41  
Would be funny if you had to trade in a 75 version of a relic for the final bit. Bonus points for it to be 119. In true SE fashion it would need to be R15 though to keep the grind real.
[+]
By Sockfoot 2022-09-08 17:03:29  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Would be funny if you had to trade in a 75 version of a relic for the final bit. Bonus points for it to be 119. In true SE fashion it would need to be R15 though to keep the grind real.
stahp

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-08 17:11:47  
God I hope it's requiem viii
 Bahamut.Skald
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2022-09-08 17:37:38  
KujahFoxfire said: »
What are they possibly putting on a new brd instrument, are we finally getting Massacre Elegy!?

TP Bonus
In all seriousness something along the lines of "Honor Carol" being a combination of Minne, Mambo and elemental resistances would be pretty nifty.

Or a Paeon that's actually worth a damn.
[+]
By Meeble 2022-09-08 17:45:42  
KujahFoxfire said: »
What are they possibly putting on a new brd instrument, are we finally getting Massacre Elegy!?

Samurai Roll, obviously.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-09-08 17:52:18  
Bahamut.Skald said: »
In all seriousness something along the lines of "Honor Carol" being a combination of Minne, Mambo and elemental resistances would be pretty nifty.

I've kinda been thinking Honor Ballad, giving Refresh+MAB+Macc. But your idea is cool too!
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-08 18:14:36  
All Carol would basically brick the game.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-09-08 18:16:19  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
God I hope it's requiem viii

Should be requiemXI because we know what's coming next lol.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-09-08 19:29:54  
Make requiem works like Helix!
By Draylo 2022-09-08 19:32:35  
I've had a few times where Requiem soul voiced has saved a wipe lol. It's a weapon amd its really powerful
By IGDC 2022-09-08 19:37:23  
Have them make the exact same relics (different skins) as they are now. Exactly the same except adding in the jobs that are currently left out (e.g. geo on mjollnir).
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-09-08 19:54:58  
You
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

R15 AND you have to turn in your Naegling. And you can never make a new one or you have to make a new one every time. Whichever is worse.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-08 20:56:13  
I just hope the staff is for nuking this time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-08 20:58:45  
Don't worry, it won't be

It will have MAB MDmg macc though, but still primary use as melee
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-09-08 20:58:50  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I just hope the staff is for nuking this time.

Enjoy your complimentary SMN pet stats.
By Nariont 2022-09-09 01:58:29  
Watch them just make laev lite and forget again that INT plays a nice factor in nuke dmg
By SimonSes 2022-09-09 02:26:46  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Don't worry, it won't be

It will have MAB MDmg macc though, but still primary use as melee

Tbh that wouldnt be bad. Cataclysm seems like a prime use for BLM those days ;)
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2022-09-09 04:29:29  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
PUP is awful. Basically MNK -1 at this point in any content with other people

Then perhaps you should play the job like PUP instead of trying to play it like a pseudo-MNK. While it's not on the same level as MNK in terms of DPS, there's several things it can do that MNK cannot replicate.

The irony is, I do. Your options are limited if you're including the Auto. It's basically making the rest of your party cater to you coming PUP, or be solo. The only real niche use is tanking. In every other scenario you're better off with literally any other job that fills that role.

Unless you're suggesting basically running with a pet only group that's super passionate about killing stuff half afk, then count me out
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2022-09-09 06:23:47  
If they’re releasing weapons with just base stats it’d be cool to enable the weapons to have augments specific to jobs. Maybe an npc that enables you to swap to other augments.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-09-09 06:30:47  
Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad if Prime weapons are basically just fixed/competitive versions of exactly the same Relic weapons with useful WSs. Ghorn and Aegis would be outliers, but perhaps they'd get ilevel stats.

At least that way all jobs would have access and they wouldn't be as easy to obtain as Relics, which would've made EMA less relevant. Would also explain why they refuse to fix Relic WSs after all these years.

IIRC this came up during the AMA and they said they had no intentions of doing anything to buff or improve relic WS. The prime weapons also won’t require turning in a base relic.

It sounded like something entirely different and new. They probably just reused the models as opposed to making new ones, but other than that I don’t think they have any ties to the base relics
By SimonSes 2022-09-09 06:37:08  
Asura.Iamaman said: »
but other than that I don’t think they have any ties to the base relics
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-09 08:34:26  
Quote:
Fujito: I told you about the start of creating Prime Weapons.
   This will also be included in the summary scheduled to be released on the 16th, so please check there as well.

Matsui: This time, it will appear as the base for Prime Weapon.

Fujito: It will play an important role in future Embryo, so please get it!
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-09-09 10:08:25  
I still think that those weapons will get stats % like STR%, same as the bonanza weapons. At higher tier and probably under R augments conditions tho. More worried about the AM effect and the fact that weapons like sword dagger h2h will be multi jobs probably mean that the stats would be similar to Aeonics w/o a specific job values or JA/Traits enhancement etc. I also hope thay Prime weapons will bring enough through AM and stats to make Naegling kinda obsolete or at least no the 1st option to most content for jobs that basically just need that to perform.

Edit : h2h for pup side will probably get acc racc macc for the 50x time and thats it lol
By Nariont 2022-09-09 13:00:44  
Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
Naegling kinda obsolete or at least no the 1st option to most content for jobs that basically just need that to perform.

Probably exaggerating but, no job needs naegling, or savage blade from a weapon to perform, its just the optimal combo atm due to savage's great scaling/mods, along with naeglings own ws bonus+atk boost
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-09 13:39:39  
For those saying that because there are only 16 weapons, we won't get much Job-specific customization since there will be multiple jobs on each weapon, and that the weapons will model the Aeonic style of stats (Copy paste stats, Unique WS); keep in mind that they could always choose to add job custmization through augments, similar to the original Relic Weapons, but with a couple additional options. It doesn't even have to be right away, they can add an option later to tailor your weapon to a specific job. I don't think they will actually put that much detail into these weapons (I agree the Aeonic model seems likely) but their creativity lately has surprised me with how they designed Dynamis weapons, Ambuscade weapons, and even the Bonanza stuff. I wouldn't put it past SE to actually put forth some design effort into these arms as a way to really push certain jobs towards the whole role/niche thing they have been doing recently.

As an example, I think about weapons like Great Sword/Dark Ragnarok and I kind of shudder to think they give Rune Fencer ANOTHER DD weapon because it would be paired with WAR/DRK, maybe PLD on it. RUN already has an amazing tanking weapon in Epeolatry, and Lionheart is a fantastic DD sword, so I like that they made the Dynamis weapon a Regen/Pulse Niche one. I see examples like this one and think that SE actually does put some thought behind the weapons they make, so there's hope they won't be lazy with the approach with Prime weapons.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 322 323 324 ... 436 437 438