First Page 2 3 ... 326 327 328 ... 426 427 428
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-04 08:05:13  
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Quote:
A new section of Sortie is opening up, with new materials to collect—and more importantly, the ability to reforge Empyrean armor to their +3 versions. The stats are beefier than ever, and the path to completion is sure to be a long one. I’m looking forward to seeing what strats you come up with for the latest addition to our newest battle content.

I predict that each current NM will now drop a new KI when you kill it. And those 4 KIs will be required to access the new section, once you enter the new section you lose *all* of your KIs.
If this happens they for sure gonna lose subs. Like don't make it longer because of ***like this. Sadly I can see them doing just that which means people gonna take drop off fast if thr jobs don't have the "beefed" up stats like se claims.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-04 08:19:33  
Well, the gear is already pretty beefy for +2. DT-13% on one piece is huge, you're probably going to see upwards of -15% or so. Or maybe they double up on stats instead of just tacking on higher values. The Magic Accuracy, Accuracy, MAB, Attack, and Attribute stats are already higher than some of the previous JSE sets, not to mention the combat skill increases are going to push stats significantly higher as well, so it's obvious the gear is going to be a lot beefier. Whether or not the juice is worth the squeeze is an entirely different thing.

I can totally see them doing something like what was mentioned, 4 Boss kill = +30 minute Time Extension, but only because they mentioned "long" and its SE. My hope is that it's not all 4 bosses, but some combination of a set number of objectives (say half) that unlocks access to the lower area. Or, you need to complete a certain amount of objectives in each area before the basement door in the Device room opens up. Either way, I just hope they are not considering extending the time period in Sortie to something like 2 hours.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2022-10-04 08:25:38  
Just wanted to mention that in the menus for Sortie currently:
By Seun 2022-10-04 08:36:34  
SimonSes said: »
Quote:
A new section of Sortie is opening up, with new materials to collect—and more importantly, the ability to reforge Empyrean armor to their +3 versions. The stats are beefier than ever, and the path to completion is sure to be a long one. I’m looking forward to seeing what strats you come up with for the latest addition to our newest battle content.

Now I'm almost sure my prediction of WSD going up to 14-16% is right :)

I also think we'll get more of the same, but I was hoping we would get increased attributes, different affixes and additional job specific affix for +3. Why not increase the damage potential AND the utility?
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-04 08:55:19  
I am mostly curious at how good the rewards are. If they are spectacular, then it really doesn't matter what the requirements are to get them.

I think seeing +1??? old cases more often in the new area is enough to keep people going for awhile, but if the gear isn't a strong step up from the +2s than I can see it fizzling after the window of interest starts to close. If they improve the set bonuses, so you want to 5/5 or at least make more than 1 token piece, then it could justify it taking a 'long' time.

That being said, TVR getting on with making new weapons at least gives them potentially 2 tasks to be working on for a 'long' time. I really hope the roll out the first steps to upgrading the weapons in November.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-04 09:18:50  
Seun said: »
but I was hoping we would get increased attributes, different affixes and additional job specific affix for +3. Why not increase the damage potential AND the utility?

They didn't put a lot of effort into the +2 versions, they just pasted the same stats across all sets. Some jobs got a different mix of stats or specific stats appropriate to their job class:

Acc/Att/Macc/Mab
Damage Taken -9~13%
Weaponskill Damage +8%
Fast Cast +10%
Magic Burst Bonus +10%
Regen +
Spell Interruption Rate Down #%
etc

Besides improving the JA utility by a couple of points here and there, they didn't do anything unique to any piece of gear, and no jobs got more than 1 new stat. I would be shocked if they went the extra mile with +3 and added even more utility and beefy stats, but I am not expecting that at all.
 Asura.Aburaage
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-10-04 09:49:46  
give us +18% movement for mages *** sake
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-10-04 09:59:54  
Quote:

I predict that each current NM will now drop a new KI when you kill it. And those 4 KIs will be required to access the new section, once you enter the new section you lose *all* of your KIs.

This is what I thought they were going to do with Bumba access before Atonement 4 was released. It wouldn't surprise me still to see it here in Sortie, though. Their desire could be for groups to enter one day to farm gallimaufry and acquire mega boss entry items, then enter the next day to actually fight it. Although, many groups end up clearing all four mini and main bosses with 10ish minutes left (assuming you don't take time to clear all of C), so if the final area is only a boss, that may leave just enough time to do everything.
 Shiva.Larrymc
サーバ: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-10-04 10:01:24  
Asura.Aburaage said: »
give us +18% movement for mages *** sake
Switch to Shneddick Ring and dont look back.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-10-04 11:16:12  
If weatherspoon or orvail ring didnt exist I totally would
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-04 11:48:54  
Asura.Hya said: »
Quote:

This is what I thought they were going to do with Bumba access before Atonement 4 was released. It wouldn't surprise me still to see it here in Sortie, though. Their desire could be for groups to enter one day to farm gallimaufry and acquire mega boss entry items, then enter the next day to actually fight it. Although, many groups end up clearing all four mini and main bosses with 10ish minutes left (assuming you don't take time to clear all of C), so if the final area is only a boss, that may leave just enough time to do everything.

Probably unrelated, but the update notes do say this about temp items:

Quote:
Add method to confirm temporary items in possession outside of content

It's possible the bosses will drop temp items after defeat (i.e. You lose the Metal/Shard but get [Section A Keycard] or whatever which is required for basement access). Or they could just be making this change retroactively so people stop having to wonder what temp items they have and this note has nothing at all to do with the new section.
By SimonSes 2022-10-04 12:22:36  
Although, many groups end up clearing all four mini and main bosses with 10ish minutes left (assuming you don't take time to clear all of C), so if the final area is only a boss, that may leave just enough time to do everything.

We clear all blue (including full clear C), red and aurum and bosses and usually have 5-15min to spare and it's casual runs tbh. Could probably finish with 20-25min remaining while playing on full focus.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-10-04 13:57:47  
We clear all blue (including full clear C), red and aurum and bosses and usually have 5-15min to spare and it's casual runs tbh. Could probably finish with 20-25min remaining while playing on full focus.

Nice. Here's your gold star sticker.

Most pickup groups I see yelling don't even intend to clear anything more than A and B, and the runs I have joined have barely pulled in 10k gallimaufry. The content is not going to be designed around you specifically, or the groups who are full clearing with 20+ minutes to spare. Besides, we all know there is a disconnect between what SE thinks is well-designed based on the average group and what actually is.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-04 15:51:10  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Medusa Ambu and "Long"er Sortie for Empy+3 this month? They might fk around and see subs go down in October

Yes, subs will in fact trend down the entire month of october, that's expected. It permanently trends down, and only recovers at the free play.

(I've been watching the player count on the database page for 18 months almost every day)

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
If this happens they for sure gonna lose subs. Like don't make it longer because of ***like this. Sadly I can see them doing just that which means people gonna take drop off fast if thr jobs don't have the "beefed" up stats like se claims.

You have all proven that no matter what you will never stop subbing, so there is absolutely nothing they can do to make a noticeable drop.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-10-04 16:18:31  

Nice. Here's your gold star sticker.

Most pickup groups I see yelling don't even intend to clear anything more than A and B, and the runs I have joined have barely pulled in 10k gallimaufry. The content is not going to be designed around you specifically, or the groups who are full clearing with 20+ minutes to spare. Besides, we all know there is a disconnect between what SE thinks is well-designed based on the average group and what actually is.

I only confirmed what you said about some groups clearing everything with 10 min remaining (even with C) and specified it's possible to push it even more, so no idea why you are being sarcastic about it >.> It was you who suggested that groups like that exist and can potentially clear everything, if new area is only boss, then you criticize my post, which is only follow up on your idea? wtf lol :)
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-10-04 16:45:56  
KujahFoxfire said: »
100% predicting that the new area/boss/something wipes all temp items. Have said from say 1 theres no reason for them to be TEMPORARY unless they eventually get removed.

It changes almost nothing tho. The only KI chests that you wont redo during full clear every run anyway is maybe B1, C2 and D1. B1 takes like 1-2 min extra max with Bolters and a party, C2 takes 20 sec extra and D1 is 0-40 sec extra. Everything else you redo anyway for bosses or it's just otw to pick up without almost any effort.
By Hopalong 2022-10-05 08:24:49  
Quote:
You have all proven that no matter what you will never stop subbing, so there is absolutely nothing they can do to make a noticeable drop.

Aren't you wrapped up pretty tight in ffxi also. You all = We all?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-05 11:02:17  
In the technical sense, stuck yes.

You all is not we however.

Yours is entertainment, mine is business. Wearenotthesame.meme

AH is my MMO so that's my entertainment, as it's F2P
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-05 11:17:54  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yours is entertainment, mine is business. Wearenotthesame.meme
Is posting on the forums business time then?
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-10-05 11:33:54  
Pretty sure we the same, you are just deeper down the rabbit hole.

That's ok though, seems as though you're willing to help out and share knowledge quite a bit.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-10-05 14:32:11  
Asura.Melliny said: »
I have no desire to play countless hours either. I'm just saying I want to see some form of guaranteed payout. However they choose to do it is up to them. Anything has to be better than the current system. Once you finish your empyrean +2 there's no real incentive to farm earrings. You could go a whole year and not see the job you want in +1, much less +2. That really sucks. I prefer consistency over randomness any day. I'd just limit how often I do the event if it ends up being too time intensive. I don't want to burn out on sortie either.

Well, one way to incentivize farming earrings despite the randomness would be if they added something like a 3:1 or 5:1 trade for an earring of your choice of job (with random augments). Similar to original Empy feet 3:1 trade-in. Same tier to same tier would be nice too: 3x NQ earrings for any 1 NQ earring of your choice, same thing for +1 and +2. Or maybe trade even more for a higher tier earring (e.g., trade 5x NQs for a +1, or 5x +1s for a +2, something like that)

Wouldn't be hard to implement, would STILL retain some randomness that they seem to crave, and +1/+2 are still rare enough that it's not going to be something you can farm super quickly, but still dangling enough of an attainable carrot to keep people farming.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-10-05 15:22:56  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »
I have no desire to play countless hours either. I'm just saying I want to see some form of guaranteed payout. However they choose to do it is up to them. Anything has to be better than the current system. Once you finish your empyrean +2 there's no real incentive to farm earrings. You could go a whole year and not see the job you want in +1, much less +2. That really sucks. I prefer consistency over randomness any day. I'd just limit how often I do the event if it ends up being too time intensive. I don't want to burn out on sortie either.

Well, one way to incentivize farming earrings despite the randomness would be if they added something like a 3:1 or 5:1 trade for an earring of your choice of job (with random augments). Similar to original Empy feet 3:1 trade-in. Same tier to same tier would be nice too: 3x NQ earrings for any 1 NQ earring of your choice, same thing for +1 and +2. Or maybe trade even more for a higher tier earring (e.g., trade 5x NQs for a +1, or 5x +1s for a +2, something like that)

Wouldn't be hard to implement, would STILL retain some randomness that they seem to crave, and +1/+2 are still rare enough that it's not going to be something you can farm super quickly, but still dangling enough of an attainable carrot to keep people farming.
Now 0/102 on any type of DRG earring. (at least 2 of all other jobs)

I have kept my earrings so if a system like this would be implemented I'm ready but the most I would expect is maybe a +2 case in the new area but still totally getting screwed with 1/22 on the job you want.

I doubt they will do much to improve earring situations until people start finishing empy +3 and stop doing sortie then they make it easier to get earrings you want to get people to come back and do more sortie.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-10-05 16:27:53  
Moderndayz said: »
Why would they improve it? This is the content for the next few years.
I call it the Shinryu Dilema. If you make drop rate too low trying to extend content you just end up with people in mass ignoring the content instead and then it ends up doing an even worse job extending the content than if they had made a reasonable drop rate.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-05 16:28:16  

If they aren't adding gil drops, then earrings have to be the sole motivator to keep you going for multiple years.

Feels like a *** up, gil drops are a significant motivator to push metrics, but you can always count on them to make every decision worse than the last as absolutely no one is willing to call them out and/or unsub.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-05 16:32:54  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
I call it the Shinryu Dilema. If you make drop rate too low trying to extend content you just end up with people in mass ignoring the content instead and then it ends up doing an even worse job extending the content than if they had made a reasonable drop rate.

And the drops ended up in Trove anyways, so people get it from there. Reason why I wouldn't be surprised if they added +2 earrings to Trove, just to further double down on the foolishness.

Post deleted by User.
By Seun 2022-10-05 16:42:28  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
I doubt they will do much to improve earring situations until people start finishing empy +3 and stop doing sortie then they make it easier to get earrings you want to get people to come back and do more sortie.

The new content is more difficult and rewards better armor, why wouldn't the earrings follow this trend? I wouldn't be surprised to see Old Case +1 for purchase with the new currency. I also wouldn't be shocked to see Old Case +2 as a rare drop.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-10-05 17:32:07  
Oddy gear is just that damn good... That damn spicy...

They should've done abyssea 2.0 instead of Sortie..

Would've been lit to have the SOA Zones in Abyssea format, instead of EZ ZZ Sortie. And to add insult to injury they went the 6 man route... lmao
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 326 327 328 ... 426 427 428