First Page 2 3 ... 325 326 327 ... 409 410 411

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2022-09-30 17:05:37  
Just because you can run an event daily doesn't mean you have to. I'm fine with them adding another 2hr event if the drop rates are reasonable. Guarantee us a +1 old case or two for our troubles and make the empyrean +3 upgrades doable in a run or two and I'm fine with it. It's not like there's a whole lot else to occupy our time. I'd much rather spam an event for 2 hours once or twice a week and get guaranteed payouts than spam a 1 hour event 4 or 5 times a week and walk away with nothing.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-30 17:34:57  
You do absolutely have to, don't be silly
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-09-30 17:37:36  
Asura.Melliny said: »
Just because you can run an event daily doesn't mean you have to. I'm fine with them adding another 2hr event if the drop rates are reasonable. Guarantee us a +1 old case or two for our troubles and make the empyrean +3 upgrades doable in a run or two and I'm fine with it. It's not like there's a whole lot else to occupy our time. I'd much rather spam an event for 2 hours once or twice a week and get guaranteed payouts than spam a 1 hour event 4 or 5 times a week and walk away with nothing.

But if I don't run daily someone else will get the pixels that should have been mine!!!!!!

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You do absolutely have to, don't be silly

And ofc, Eiryl best response, 5/5 stars, would recommend to a friend.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-09-30 18:46:22  
I've done sortie like 3 or 4 times only, and didn't have a good run any of the times

Don't even have all the keys and warps or w/e

Hell, have sapphires and points and still haven't made any empy+2

Feels good, man
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-09-30 19:02:25  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I've done sortie like 3 or 4 times only, and didn't have a good run any of the times

Don't even have all the keys and warps or w/e

Hell, have sapphires and points and still haven't made any empy+2

Feels good, man

I hate sortie so much and I've done it every single *** day and it *** hurts
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-30 19:14:14  
...I'm fine with them adding another 2hr event...It's not like there's a whole lot else to occupy our time.

Are you insane?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2022-09-30 19:28:03  
If you only have to run the event twice a week to get whatever it is you want then sure. It's up to you to decide how much time you play each night. If progress comes at a reasonable pace then I have no major issues with it. Efficiency over quantity. Nobody says you have to have everything from the event in the first few weeks. If you choose to burn yourself out playing until you drop that's your own choice. An event that rewards playtime in an efficient manner is much more to my liking. You'd still be getting more for less.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-30 19:28:05  
Moderndayz said: »
Pretty sure it will follow the same 1 ki every 20hr crap for 1 hour of the same pattern as the first one.

My conjecture is it will just be one entry into the same Sortie, just the locked doors by the Devices will now be opened when you complete a specific objective. Or a certain amount of objectives. Just like when new areas open up in Delve after killing minor NMs, or after a certain period of time has passed in the zone. In delve, the Mega Boss area doesn't open until all NMs in the zone are killed. I could see them just making that same criteria for the new section. No time extensions, just same one hour.

I think SE said something like +2 empyrean/sortie could be done solo, but for +3 you would need a party, so if the new area requires boss kills (don't think anyone can kill 4 bosses solo in under an hour?), lines up with their previous statements.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-30 19:34:13  
If you only have to run the event twice a week to get whatever it is you want then sure.

They aint making events like Omen anymore, where you can do 3-4 canteens twice a week or something. It's daily events now. Extending that event to 2 hours sounds miserable, and I don't even care what the drop rate is at that point. I would much rather they just release +1 boxes from Ruspix for 100k or something. As it stands right now, most of my runs end up with me spending an hour and walking away with 1-2 sapphires and 2-3 dud earrings. I've already upgraded everything I want, so Sortie currently is one hour of complete wasted time. An extra hour with a guaranteed drop is just not enough compensation, but that's just me.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2022-09-30 19:38:28  
I have no desire to play countless hours either. I'm just saying I want to see some form of guaranteed payout. However they choose to do it is up to them. Anything has to be better than the current system. Once you finish your empyrean +2 there's no real incentive to farm earrings. You could go a whole year and not see the job you want in +1, much less +2. That really sucks. I prefer consistency over randomness any day. I'd just limit how often I do the event if it ends up being too time intensive. I don't want to burn out on sortie either.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-30 19:47:14  
I have no desire to play countless hours either.
You could go a whole year and not see the job you want in +1, much less +2. That really sucks.

They did this with Shinryu drops too. Seems to be a pattern here. How soon until they put Sortie earrings in the pool for Aman Trove?
By Hopalong 2022-09-30 20:10:57  
Doubt ??? earrings go into trove.

But yeah, going to same 1 hour entry thing cause why would they spend the effort to have 2 entry systems there. Something in the middle will open up, prolly just a boss nothing too crazy. Same thing for currencies, gonna be using the same.

That's what I think at least.

Also, I think most you guys went too fast on the content... its the kiddie slopes content +2 and you guys brought out rocket skis and wonder why its over so fast.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-30 20:21:52  
Hopalong said: »
Also, I think most you guys went too fast on the content... its the kiddie slopes content +2 and you guys brought out rocket skis and wonder why its over so fast.

Total of zero people wondered this. Every single person is complaining about these *** *** drop ratesfor HQ1/2 and RNG for getting earrings.
By Hopalong 2022-09-30 20:28:43  
Can infer from lots of posts people saying are bored.

Also, complaining about 100 earrings etc.

Sure drop rate on earrings is rough, obviously they have the opportunity to implement their vision. Need to wait and see before cry wolf.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-30 21:12:39  
Went too fast? You're practically guaranteed at least one piece of gear per run, and most groups can easily get two. Even the most casual of players can drown in emp +2 in no time. +2 was intentionally designed to be fast and easy. The earring system is complete hogwash and some of us have been saying that since day 1.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-09-30 21:40:48  
I mean sortie has been pretty easy for empy +2 and prime weapons. I have 5/5 empy +2 for all 10 of my jobs and every weapon for my jobs as well.

Meanwhile I've gotten 80 earrings... 0 of any quality for my drg and 0 +2s for any job. I'm going to have to decide if I even keep going purely for earrings once my galli caps out until the update since the earrings are so random it really doesn't feel worth farming just for them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-30 22:18:24  
JSE has never been hard to upgrade anyways. Omen AF was cards and materials and a scale. Dynamis Relic was shards and materials. Empy is following a similar format in Sortie. It was always the drops in the content that drive people insane. Omen bodies, Volte, and now Sortie Earrings. But I think of all three, this system is the absolute worst randomness. At least you could target a specific Omen body daily or a Volte set.

There's no way to (currently) prioritize an earring of your choice in Sortie. I hope +3 area changes that so you can at least farm one specific job earring and increase your chances of getting something good you actually want vs farming randomly and possibly getting something good you cannot use. It's just about as random as AMAN trove
By Seun 2022-09-30 23:27:25  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Went too fast? You're practically guaranteed at least one piece of gear per run, and most groups can easily get two. Even the most casual of players can drown in emp +2 in no time. +2 was intentionally designed to be fast and easy. The earring system is complete hogwash and some of us have been saying that since day 1.

We didn't have earrings or know how they worked on day 1, just mined stats. As I recall, people then were crying about the stats of the gear. The crying has since shifted to the rarity of earrings. Apparently it hasn't crossed anyone's mind that the coming higher level content might offer higher rewards...
By Vaerix 2022-10-01 03:31:26  
Seun said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

We didn't have earrings or know how they worked on day 1, just mined stats. As I recall, people then were crying about the stats of the gear. The crying has since shifted to the rarity of earrings. Apparently it hasn't crossed anyone's mind that the coming higher level content might offer higher rewards...

Aside from v25 odyssey and the mystery behind 3rd/4th line upgrades, for higher level content to exist with even higher level rewards, it's hard to really fathom this at this point. Sure malignance was a sizeable upgrade for alot of classes and ushered in a new tier of power creep.

However Odyssey has broken the mold for every job in some ways, and for some jobs multiple ways. Empy+2/+3 is competitive with odyssey but no one set hit the lottery, which is good, however we are getting to the point of invalidating 75-80% of all previous content if they do create higher content with higher rewards.

The Odyssey Tier that we're in now is still getting more powerful. Anything comparable to this tier will probably wipe out most if not all omen/geas fete/dyna-D currently used armor (read: primary slots not accessory slots(and hell could wipe out those too)) if the odyssey tier hasn't already removed most if not all reason to equip it.

I'd like to finish odyssey, and see the final stats on Empy+3 but whatever comes next is either useless or mandatory, there's not really in between anymore with the power scaling of equipment already so high.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-01 05:45:08  
Arguably the hard part in Sortie is getting in.
When you have >1hr queues to just enter, I don't even bother to login honestly.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-01 06:02:07  
Do long queues like that inspire people to party up?

Here on Lakshmi I regularly enter with just a mule, but the queue is <30 sec. If I was sitting in the lobby for an hour, I think I'd probably try to party up.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-01 06:09:25  
Queue is funny thing, but humans are fundamentally greedy self-centered pieces of ***.

Ir's much better to make the party, kill more stuff, advance faster. But then I can't be worrier and we have to have #everybuffinthegame and no one wants to be the heelir or tank.

Also anything with drops adds another layer.

Prisoner's dilemma. It's better for me so *** you.

(I don't entirely blame them, I trust a whm bot ((or myself to heal myself)) over ANY dipshit random, and no one wants to play jobs they don't want to, so everyone just wants to mash macro1)

It's why they always want alliance content. It covers the greed allowing multiple leeches and mules, it lets everyone bring their own healers and buffers. It's not about inclusion or fun or whatever other *** excuse they pretend to care about.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-01 06:25:24  
If they were willing to invest the minimum amount of *** on things like "balanced party bonus" or "imbalanced party penalties" "party incentives" "specific job bonuses" tamp down the buff stacking and the job stacking (and multiboxing) they could do serious work improving game "health"

Gaol almost does it right, but they screwed it up with the rp exploit. (and most of them hate it cause they're whiny babies about having actual structure)

They spent the better part of 15 years screaming balance this nerf that. They finally realized balance is bad for profit.
[+]
By Seun 2022-10-01 07:43:27  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Do long queues like that inspire people to party up?

Here on Lakshmi I regularly enter with just a mule, but the queue is <30 sec. If I was sitting in the lobby for an hour, I think I'd probably try to party up.

I know there are players who go in just for unlocks similar to the +2 Relic in Dyna D. They weren't planning on clearing objectives and they don't want to burden a group so they queue solo. It will probably even out once unlocks aren't bottlenecking.
By SimonSes 2022-10-04 05:10:50  
Quote:
A new section of Sortie is opening up, with new materials to collect—and more importantly, the ability to reforge Empyrean armor to their +3 versions. The stats are beefier than ever, and the path to completion is sure to be a long one. I’m looking forward to seeing what strats you come up with for the latest addition to our newest battle content.

Now I'm almost sure my prediction of WSD going up to 14-16% is right :)

Also wonder what is "long" for him. One piece per week or per month? :)
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-10-04 07:26:10  
I'd rather see them say fun/interesting/exciting etc rather than "long". How is that a good thing to say?
 Shiva.Larrymc
サーバ: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2022-10-04 07:56:41  
Quote:
A new section of Sortie is opening up, with new materials to collect—and more importantly, the ability to reforge Empyrean armor to their +3 versions. The stats are beefier than ever, and the path to completion is sure to be a long one. I’m looking forward to seeing what strats you come up with for the latest addition to our newest battle content.

I predict that each current NM will now drop a new KI when you kill it. And those 4 KIs will be required to access the new section, once you enter the new section you lose *all* of your KIs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-04 08:01:17  
Medusa Ambu and "Long"er Sortie for Empy+3 this month? They might fk around and see subs go down in October
First Page 2 3 ... 325 326 327 ... 409 410 411