|
|
Dev Tracker - Discussion
By Dodik 2026-08-29 15:47:13
Gee thanks for that 1hp/tick poison, that was super useful.
Now get back to healing.
[+]
By Chyula 2026-08-29 16:09:49
need a sch/rdm trust give me regen v, regain, +stats, en-elemental, heal, and -na.
Bahamut.Senaki
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 455
By Bahamut.Senaki 2026-08-29 21:20:37
need a sch/rdm trust give me regen v, regain, +stats, en-elemental, heal, and -na.
Ok, but the regen is 10 potency / tick.
By MonsutaMan 2026-08-29 22:27:59
I hear your Luzaf, & raise you Lhu Mhakaracca.
BST trust with no pet is wild.......
The devs hates BST. Don't let them know you can one shot mobs with Fantod > Heel > Fight > Hoof Volley under Unleash. Those 60 seconds are gaming breaking......
By Draylo 2026-08-29 22:52:04
The devs hates BST. Don't let them know you can one shot mobs with Fantod > Heel > Fight > Hoof Volley under Unleash. Those 60 seconds are gaming breaking......
BRB, off to official forums to report!
By kaffy 2026-09-03 09:00:58
Quote: Although spending alter ego points doesn't provide any dramatic boosts to the performance of your alter egos, the points you earn through various activities can be used to gradually strengthen them across the board. The system has been designed so that there are no particular penalties for experimenting, so feel free to assign the points however you like.
Remarkably candid about how pointless the system is.
Another adventurer survey planned.
This cracked me up:
[+]
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 51
By Asura.Murdokk 2026-09-03 09:18:47
Quote: Although spending alter ego points doesn't provide any dramatic boosts to the performance of your alter egos, the points you earn through various activities can be used to gradually strengthen them across the board. The system has been designed so that there are no particular penalties for experimenting, so feel free to assign the points however you like.
Remarkably candid about how pointless the system is.
Another adventurer survey planned.
This cracked me up:

Colibri Scythe...?
By kaffy 2026-09-03 09:33:28
I mean there is precedent
YouTube Video Placeholder
Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2026-09-06 09:14:48
Amusing post
Quote: Square Enix management, are you doing anything about bots and tools?
My in-game friend has uploaded a video of a report on YouTube as evidence, but
it seems like no action has been taken against those identified as bots or tools.
Are the people in charge of management lying to us users?
I wrote about it again today, but it seems like they've just tried to put out the fire. Yes, they are lying to you.
Bahamut.Senaki
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 455
By Bahamut.Senaki 2026-09-06 11:59:32
Don't let them know you can one shot mobs with Fantod > Heel > Fight > Hoof Volley under Unleash. Those 60 seconds are gaming breaking......
Does this apply to content that matters? I.e Sortie NMs, Ody NMs, HTBF?
By AegParm 2026-09-06 21:57:06
Amusing post
Quote: Square Enix management, are you doing anything about bots and tools?
My in-game friend has uploaded a video of a report on YouTube as evidence, but
it seems like no action has been taken against those identified as bots or tools.
Are the people in charge of management lying to us users?
I wrote about it again today, but it seems like they've just tried to put out the fire. Yes, they are lying to you.
I got bopped recently for (what I assume) being reported while ezfarming cards for spheres. They aren't not doing anything!
Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2026-09-06 22:00:33
Unlikely. "just botting"
But they're not doing nothing. Just essentially nothing. As good as nothing. 1 is more than 0 nothing.
By kaffy 2026-09-06 22:59:02
Murdokk nailed it btw
[+]
By AegParm 2026-09-06 23:00:16
Unlikely. "just botting"
But they're not doing nothing. Just essentially nothing. As good as nothing. 1 is more than 0 nothing.
I'd love to know what it actually was, if not that. Always thought they only banned for pos hacking/speeding/clipping and whatnot, but apparently not!
Theyre never going to ban someone ezf mlvling obviously, but apparently there is a line somewhere on what you can bot/who they'll listen to.
By Draylo 2026-09-07 00:29:37
Did you pos hack or do anything via addons that moves your character to a different location? It didn't have to be the last day you were playing either, its in a weeks span of time. Did you do it at all even once in a week?
Never heard or saw anyone in recent years get banned "just botting" either.
By Draylo 2026-09-07 00:32:25
Murdokk nailed it btw

Reminds me of another scythe, maybe misanthropy? That had a similar model
Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
Posts: 639
By Bismarck.Sterk 2026-09-07 01:24:33
Unlikely. "just botting"
But they're not doing nothing. Just essentially nothing. As good as nothing. 1 is more than 0 nothing.
I'd love to know what it actually was, if not that. Always thought they only banned for pos hacking/speeding/clipping and whatnot, but apparently not!
Theyre never going to ban someone ezf mlvling obviously, but apparently there is a line somewhere on what you can bot/who they'll listen to. I also know someone who recently bit it for card farming. Might've just been the area they decided to survey this time around.
Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4868
By Cerberus.Kylos 2026-09-07 01:32:29
Murdokk nailed it btw

Reminds me of another scythe, maybe misanthropy? That had a similar model
More like the Redemption. DRK's empyrean scythe. It has often been compared to a Colibri and the models are incredibly similar.
By SimonSes 2026-09-07 05:31:12
This is 100% joke reference to Redemption. There is like 0 doubts imo.
By AegParm 2026-09-07 06:31:27
Did you pos hack or do anything via addons that moves your character to a different location? It didn't have to be the last day you were playing either, its in a weeks span of time. Did you do it at all even once in a week?
Never heard or saw anyone in recent years get banned "just botting" either.
Does basic superwarp count? Otherwise, no. Even stopped using fastfollow because of the potential weirdness. I know of Tako, but have never installed it, or wouldn't know how to POS hack even if I wanted to lol.
Unlikely. "just botting"
But they're not doing nothing. Just essentially nothing. As good as nothing. 1 is more than 0 nothing.
I'd love to know what it actually was, if not that. Always thought they only banned for pos hacking/speeding/clipping and whatnot, but apparently not!
Theyre never going to ban someone ezf mlvling obviously, but apparently there is a line somewhere on what you can bot/who they'll listen to. I also know someone who recently bit it for card farming. Might've just been the area they decided to survey this time around.
Suspicious! Mine was at the fomors in rakaznar. All 3 accounts banned at the same time for the same reason, all in a party together. The only thing I can think of was the card farming since it was the only out of the ordinary thing I did in the game for a while, and something I could imagine upsetting another player.
By kaffy 2026-09-07 06:48:22
It isn't detection they have a problem with, anyone who thinks x is risky while y is safe is naive. Enforcement is just Russian roulette, though. So when you see a ML bot party running for months/years on end, you start to think it is fine. In reality, you just got taken out by bad RNG (you got the Crep. Cloak to finally drop, basically).
By Draylo 2026-09-07 06:54:53
Not always been the case. So basically nobody knows 100%, but a lot of people have actual data to go off of. There are times they turn on auto ban system that does pool names and get the RNG. I highly doubt they randomly check people botting based on reports. There is literally a thread on OF of someone reporting the same bots for years. People have been botting for literal years on end. Many who are popular or known names get reported constantly.
Most likely, they turned on the system due to the fact they are paying people to stream for that random phone game. So I would avoid most activities if you ask me. Where individual reports are taken into account when this system is in place, is something I don't know.
But you can't really claim after literal years, to say someone is naive for thinking x was less riskier than y, when for many many years that is exactly the case.
By kaffy 2026-09-07 07:01:29
Yes they definitely have ban waves and all that, no question. I'm talking about the long term approach. Remember when stuff broke every patch (not just the bot api, gearswap and lots of benign Windower stuff too) because they constantly changed memory locations? Eventually someone said nah, not worth the effort.
Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6992
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2026-09-07 08:50:06
I don't think the signature changes were intentional obfuscation as much as a symptom of a fragile integration with a game whose fundamental systems were under active development.
Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2026-09-07 09:00:10
It always seemed intentional. Even now when they add a new NPC in the middle of the ID list and not the bottom, that's a choice.
It must be (slightly) more work to shift 200 NPCs down one slot to slot a new one in than simply adding the new one last.
By waffle 2026-09-07 09:06:36
https://www.playonline.com/pcd2/topics/ff11us/detail/40398/detail.html
Quote: Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils Campaign
For the duration of the campaign, vanquishing specific monsters in the battlefields below will reward you with a variety of items, including materials needed to craft +2 empyrean equipment,
Mog Bonanza kupons, Dynamis currency, and valuable synthesis materials. Additionally, Shemo in Port Jeuno (H-8) will exchange seals and crests at a reduced rate of 2:1.
huh... What's even weirder is that it's there on the JP side too.
https://www.playonline.com/pcd2/topics/ff11/detail/40397/detail.html
Quote: 印章バトルフィールド ドロップアイテム追加キャンペーン
対象のモンスターを討伐すると、五行素材/ボナンザクーポン/旧貨幣/合成素材など、さまざまなアイテムをドロップします。さらに、ジュノ港(H-8)のNPC”Shemo”が、各印章を2:1のレートで交換してくれるようになります。
There's already a post on the jp side of the OF asking if they meant I-Seal or if they are serious about this.
[+]
Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2026-09-07 09:12:17
it's definitely a typo, I-seal is the best part of that campaign.
Imagine getting a bonanza weapon per mob drop rate the same as I-seals, crazy as ***.
The description of I-seal says bonanza. The AI who wrote it up doesn't know the difference.
By kaffy 2026-09-07 09:12:37
I don't think the signature changes were intentional obfuscation as much as a symptom of a fragile integration with a game whose fundamental systems were under active development.
You definitely know far more than I about that sort of thing, but it did reduce in frequency drastically. Maybe they did just find a better way to make the changes they wanted without breaking a bunch of 3p stuff.
Bahamut.Senaki
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
Posts: 455
By Bahamut.Senaki 2026-09-07 09:16:35
I saw the post about Bonanza kupon and came here immediately lol.
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
Posts: 544
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2026-09-07 09:26:49
If they do drop bonanza kupons, even at a low rate, I know what I'll spend all month doing. I've wanted all the bonanza weapons for so long.
[+]
This thread is for discussion of recent news from the Dev Tracker - News thread. Keep it civil.
Original thread by Pantafernando archived here.
|
|