フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 121 122 123
 Asura.Suteru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-09-20 14:36:22  
Which WS would Karieyh Ring +1 actually outdo the other rings? I know it won't kill Archon ring but with stuff like Dignir I'm not sure.
By Afania 2019-09-20 14:42:53  
Asura.Suteru said: »
Which WS would Karieyh Ring +1 actually outdo the other rings? I know it won't kill Archon ring but with stuff like Dignir I'm not sure.

Savage blade at capped pdif. (Regal if uncapped)
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-09-22 22:48:54  
Update:

Still need to get the last stack of astrals to R15 my DP (at R14 now) but figured I'd get this out of the way during the VW campaign.
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2019-09-24 03:45:36  
hello there,
is rostam path A worth getting?
By SimonSes 2019-09-24 06:08:40  
Asura.Jinbe said: »
hello there,

The question should be rather is it worth getting before path B and or C. Before Malignance set, I would say yes, but now with Malignance set it lost it's value a little and path B gain some value I guess.
It's still the best main hand for shooting and still competitive for meleeTP/rangedWS, but less with hybrid set.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-09-24 08:51:07  
Asura.Jinbe said: »
hello there,

Yes.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-09-24 09:18:40  
SimonSes said: »
The question should be rather is it worth getting before path B and or C. Before Malignance set, I would say yes, but now with Malignance set it lost it's value a little and path B gain some value I guess.
It's still the best main hand for shooting and still competitive for meleeTP/rangedWS, but less with hybrid set.

Path B FUA (and offhand OAT) with Malignance set is probably gonna be pretty effective in practical melee usage.
 Bahamut.Kludge
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cobit
By Bahamut.Kludge 2019-09-24 10:04:57  
I've still got Path A pegged as BiS in virtually all melee TP situations at 2.894s to 1000 TP and 9260 Leaden DPS in standard acc.
I have Path B at 2.979s to 1000 TP and 9160 Leaden DPS. Path B is gonna drop you down from 6 to 7 WS+X hits and malignace isnt going to make that up.

Malignance doesnt give much more STP for cor than what is already available, outside the head and hands slot. If you force a ws+6 hit with Path B / Blurred youre looking at 2.901s to 1000 TP and 8232 Leaden DPS. Tauret offhand really is king.

Malignance Chapeau is a nice replacement for Carmine Mask+1 in Path A 1250+ high accuracy builds. It'll let you drop dedition for Mache+1 while maintaining a ws+6 hit build. The hands may be useful for melee tp gain in some last stand spam edge cases where you're borderline ws+5 with crooked lucky samurai roll with an offhand blurred +1. Blurred adds the most DPS when your average ws+x-hits are already odd, but usually it drops leaden DPS by about 1k from tauret.
By SimonSes 2019-09-24 10:43:52  
Idk sounds fishy. Afania used sheet once too and got the reverse. Path A was like 100-200DPS behind path B and blurred +1 was best offhand even with lower Leaden damage if I remember correctly.

Probably require some good sims.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-09-24 11:11:46  
Bahamut.Kludge said: »
I've still got Path A pegged as BiS in virtually all melee TP situations at 2.894s to 1000 TP and 9260 Leaden DPS in standard acc.
I have Path B at 2.979s to 1000 TP and 9160 Leaden DPS. Path B is gonna drop you down from 6 to 7 WS+X hits and malignace isnt going to make that up.

Malignance doesnt give much more STP for cor than what is already available, outside the head and hands slot. If you force a ws+6 hit with Path B / Blurred youre looking at 2.901s to 1000 TP and 8232 Leaden DPS. Tauret offhand really is king.

Malignance Chapeau is a nice replacement for Carmine Mask+1 in Path A 1250+ high accuracy builds. It'll let you drop dedition for Mache+1 while maintaining a ws+6 hit build. The hands may be useful for melee tp gain in some last stand spam edge cases where you're borderline ws+5 with crooked lucky samurai roll with an offhand blurred +1. Blurred adds the most DPS when your average ws+x-hits are already odd, but usually it drops leaden DPS by about 1k from tauret.

I said practical, not theoretical.

Malignance will save you from dying/status. That doesn't show up on the sheet (or sim).
By Afania 2019-09-24 11:41:54  
SimonSes said: »
Idk sounds fishy. Afania used sheet once too and got the reverse. Path A was like 100-200DPS behind path B and blurred +1 was best offhand even with lower Leaden damage if I remember correctly.

Probably require some good sims.

I never get a result that shows blurred beating tauret for leaden. The only situation that I see blurred winning would be first few min on wave 3 boss when every leaden hit 99999 easily. You can probably drop some mab or even neck to fotia for 1% proc and still hit 99999, and gets TP faster than standard set.

Whether path A or B being on top depends on melee set and ws used.

I use Austars TP per round sim, spreadsheet result was from Dades since Chaia's version doesnt work properly. Dades result seems to favor B. Austars sim favors B in low MA set and vice versa.

Does kludges number include sam roll? Not having sam roll(or having low end sam roll) is probably why A gets an advantage, since he mentioned x hit which is never practical with sam roll. If you push for x hit assuming no sam roll I can see certain set with A outperforms B.
 Bahamut.Kludge
By Bahamut.Kludge 2019-09-24 14:35:56  
Realized I hadnt corrected for alpha on my magical WS WSC, but I'm seeing the same at no STP irrespective. The sets are very slight in their deviation from page 1 dream tier stuff. Would have to deep dive to understand any material difference.

Path B | WS AVG 43111 | 8596 WS DPS @2.967s @64 SAM Roll STP
Path A | WS AVG 42895 | 8731 WS DPS @2.965s @64 SAM Roll STP
Path A | WS AVG 42473 | 6656 WS DPS @4.363s @0 SAM Roll STP
Path B | WS AVG 42487 | 6474 WS DPS @4.514s @0 SAM Roll STP

*I like to plan sets around a Crooked Rostam IX Sam roll, as it's pretty practical to expect.
By Galkapryme 2019-10-04 11:55:29  
For Quick Draw Acc set, why is Mummu body dream tier over Ososhi Vest +1? The O. Vest has higher AGI, R.Acc, and M.Acc. Since the purpose is landing as opposed to damage, I wouldn't imagine the M. Critical hit rate would be that important.
 Siren.Firedevil
サーバ: Siren
user: Firedevil
By Siren.Firedevil 2019-10-04 18:07:17  
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said: »
:( image hosting is down for the guide

Does anyone have access to these pics/sets? I'm working on my COR capes, made my way through most and was working on some of the more niche capes this month. Can't remember what cape I needed to make next! :D
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-10-09 10:38:29  
Siren.Firedevil said: »
Does anyone have access to these pics/sets? I'm working on my COR capes, made my way through most and was working on some of the more niche capes this month. Can't remember what cape I needed to make next! :D

Cape section fixed. Malig gear added to sets.
By Afania 2019-10-09 11:13:28  
Galkapryme said: »
For Quick Draw Acc set, why is Mummu body dream tier over Ososhi Vest +1? The O. Vest has higher AGI, R.Acc, and M.Acc. Since the purpose is landing as opposed to damage, I wouldn't imagine the M. Critical hit rate would be that important.

I actually use mirke for recast-, and combo with af+3 head for +15 macc set bonus.

ItemSet 323027

This job has quite a bit of gears so it's always possible to miss something in sets.
 Bahamut.Kludge
By Bahamut.Kludge 2019-10-10 17:33:39  
The update seems to make dancers a lot more valuable. To that end, I have multi-hit builds with Rostam Path B while /DRG overtaking Path A / Tauret pretty substantially, but only with 10% Haste Samba.
By Afania 2019-10-10 18:09:24  
Bahamut.Kludge said: »
The update seems to make dancers a lot more valuable. To that end, I have multi-hit builds with Rostam Path B while /DRG overtaking Path A / Tauret pretty substantially, but only with 10% Haste Samba.

Single wield has always been performing well with samba even before update. And it's not limited to sub drg too.

For example, single wield on cor/WAR spamming last stand would outperform dual wield /nin spamming last stand if you have samba from dnc and swap out DW gears for QA+3 herc or thaumas coat.
 Bahamut.Kludge
By Bahamut.Kludge 2019-10-10 19:42:29  
Aye, good points all around. I think I'm excited to have found a reason to pick up a third dagger and to try something new with the utility of an improved sub.
By Sencux 2019-10-21 08:23:42  
Question for ya'll. Thoughts on K. Kachina Belt +1 over Svelt Gouriz +1?

Lose 2 AGi but +20MACC.
By SimonSes 2019-10-21 08:46:28  
Sencux said: »
Question for ya'll. Thoughts on K. Kachina Belt +1 over Svelt Gouriz +1?

Lose 2 AGi but +20MACC.

This is a question that you can answer yourself.

Do you have macc problems?
Yes -> Kachina
No -> Svelt

Bonus question. Do you have more gils and time??
No -> I'm sorry..
Yes -> Orpheus's Sash, Hachirin-no-Obi
[+]
By Gasho 2019-10-27 14:27:13  
there is 3 preshot sets
how can i make the lua read what flurry I got?
same thing with triple shot set?
or i have to change mode when i use it manually

Can anyone please share their gearswap Lua please,

thanks
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-27 14:37:46  
Not sure how to make it read it automatically, something to do with Buff ID.

But to manually adjust you can add a toggle like this:

midcast.RA.NoFlurry = {}

midcast.RA.Flurry1 = {}

midcast.RA.Flurry2 = {}

edit: forgot this:
inside function user setup()
state.RangedMode:options('NoFlurry', 'Flurry1', 'Flurry2')
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-10-27 17:31:16  
Path A is for sure worth getting. I'd go as far to say as it should be your 1st rostam with Path C being your 2nd. For me this past year i'm mostly on cor for dyna D range setup clears. In shooting situations with a good Crooked Sam roll and tact tick your Oneshotting with Fomol easy and Armageddon (Can't do it with DP sadly).

When i want to melee for tp in most of my cases its situations where buffss and debuffs are for phys WSs i'm usually using Naegling for savage blade so path B doesn't make sense for me. (Hello almost every ambu and Omen ever) Last time i went hard meleeing tp for leaden and wildfire was Woh or Doh gates bat camps for CP before Apex were a thing.

Also i'v seen the light with Armageddon rank 15 for wave 3 dyna fomors. One shoting for tp x2 wildfires for a mob doing generally always doing better damage (Esp with fire QD)vs 2-3 DP leadens to kill is much better. Its a little more micro management but swaping to DP for Circles and if rayke or gambited NMs and for Mega Boss.
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-27 17:37:36  
Gasho said: »
there is 3 preshot sets
how can i make the lua read what flurry I got?
same thing with triple shot set?
or i have to change mode when i use it manually

Can anyone please share their gearswap Lua please,

thanks
This lua has code in it for automatic Flurry/Flurry II detection that works for me. Just CTRL+F "Flurry" and grab the relevant stuff.
By Gasho 2019-10-29 00:33:32  
thx guys

so whats the best Midshot TP Set if I dont have Malignance set
By Wotasu 2019-10-29 03:47:58  
Gasho said: »
so whats the best Midshot TP Set if I dont have Malignance set

More or less I think.
Code
head="Meghanada Visor +2",
body="Nisroch Jerkin",
hands={ name="Adhemar Wrist. +1", augments={'AGI+12','Rng.Acc.+20','Rng.Atk.+20',}},
legs={ name="Adhemar Kecks +1", augments={'AGI+12','Rng.Acc.+20','Rng.Atk.+20',}},
feet={ name="Adhe. Gamashes +1", augments={'HP+65','"Store TP"+7','"Snapshot"+10',}},
neck="Iskur Gorget",
waist="Yemaya Belt",
left_ear="Enervating Earring",
right_ear="Telos Earring",
left_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20','Rng.Acc.+10','Store TP +10%',}},
By Pantafernando 2019-10-29 05:45:30  
The previous set also had mummu vest+2 as an alternative to nisroch
By Gasho 2019-10-29 07:28:14  
thx :D
 Ragnarok.Soyven
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2019-10-30 15:17:40  
Hey just wondering if Svelt. Gouriz +1 is supposed to be in both dream tier and entry level leaden sets. Eschan stone is in the top tier after Svelt in entry tier. I thought maybe orpheus sash but is that only BiS if youre close to mob? Or does the 1% at long distances still win? I'm not sure if this was touched on throughout the conversations but I dont wanna read through 60 pages for the answer lol
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 121 122 123