String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 94 95 96
By Aerix 2022-01-15 08:25:50  
Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
Just make the turtle build from bg wiki guide, the more hp you have the better it is, use analyzer and steam jacket in the build and it should be fine. I never tried with harlequin body but it should suffer from melee hits during ebullient phase

So there are a couple different tank setups. The one I was going after doesn't have analyzer/steam jacket in it. Can you advise?

Currently I'm tracking https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/String_Theory#Pet:_Tanking_Sets

Using turtle set. I'm missing weapon, neck, both ears, overbearing ring, belt and back. I should get everything but enmerker in the next couple days.

I have mlevel20 on this char. I'm skilling up automotan melee skill right now, level 135, long way to go.

I have all the attachments from the "1200 JP" set listed further in that guide.

What should my approach be for Fu once I get the gear I listed above and I cap melee?

light maneuver and fire maneuver x2?

For what it's worth, a Soulsoother/Valoredge maton can easily tank Fu in a Bruiser configuration even if you let Fu absorb 4-10 buffs, as long as you keep the maton's PDT capped with ARK4 Regen (Light/Fire/Wind). The maton can actually output a ton of damage during the vulnerability phase afterwards with Bone Crushers potentially doing damage in the 70k-75k range with the right gear/buffs and without Overdrive. Personally, I use my OD to burn midbosses quickly (unless it's Thinker), but if you end up having a spare OD you can have some extra fun watching the maton demolish Fu.

The attachments I use are a bit different from String Theory and they're extra spicy if you can maintain Kenkonken's AM3 (but it's not necessary even without Coiler 2):

- Strobe 1+2
- Turbo Charger 1+2
- Attuner
- Flame Holder
- Magniplug 2
- Armor Plate 4
- Optic Fiber 1+2
- Auto-Repair Kit 4
- Flashbulb

As far as gearsets go I'd recommend only using the high-end sets (unless you are looking for starter sets) on the first page of this thread instead of the BGwiki guide as the latter hasn't been updated in a long time. Haven't been able to contact Fabiano to ask permission to edit the wiki guide so far.

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I friggin love reading your PUP posts, Capuchin 8) You and Aerix are da best

Lol, thank you.
[+]
 Asura.Neviskio
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2022-01-25 17:02:30  
Was wondering, if you got sakpata's fists and can'get yet SU5/mythic is it still worth to make ohtas for some of the sets or it is implied that once you get those fists ohtas are not as needed anymore?

Not an expert pup sorry <.<
By Nariont 2022-01-25 17:08:36  
Depends if you need it to cap pet haste or not
By tallica 2022-02-12 10:45:14  
Probably a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyways,instances where you can keep am3 up and dding with melee pet, mythic well ahead of other choices?
[+]
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2022-02-12 12:26:20  
Actually it depends on the buffs you're getting.

If you are fully buffed BRD songs x5, COR rolls, and GEO, then you will do more damage using master only gear with Verethragna or Godhands + Neo Animator. And I would usually go for a support automaton depending on the situation, Tank/WHM/RDM. As a DD automaton without master+pet gear is really not worth it.

If you're not in an over buffed situation, then yes KKK with AM3 and a DD automaton will be better.

Skillchains with other DDs is also something to take in account,
and you would switch to KKK and Stringing Pummel even with full buffs if gravitation/liquefaction SC works well with the other DDs.
[+]
By tallica 2022-02-12 17:01:12  
Would def be in the lacking buffs area
 Asura.Hortalizo
By Asura.Hortalizo 2022-02-17 01:09:08  
Hello guys. Has someone soloed Mboze V0?
I only take it to 30% once and i wasted all my segments ;_;
The atachements are:
<frame>valoredge frame</frame>
<head>valoredge head</head>
<slot01>optic fiber ii</slot01>
<slot02>optic fiber</slot02>
<slot03>auto-repair kit iv</slot03>
<slot04>steam jacket</slot04>
<slot05>magniplug ii</slot05>
<slot06>turbo charger ii</slot06>
<slot07>coiler ii</slot07>
<slot08>magniplug</slot08>
<slot09>flame holder</slot09>
<slot10>coiler</slot10>
<slot11>dynamo iii</slot11>
<slot12>attuner</slot12>
Maybe i need to put a Analyzer.
He killed my pet 3 times. Used OV at 85%
 Odin.Tasukaru
サーバ: Odin
user: Jikoshy
By Odin.Tasukaru 2022-02-17 08:20:22  
Aerix,

Is it possible in the guide to post (generally) used attachment setups for each frame combo frequently used, such as bruiser, tank (Mag and Phys), etc.? I see the gear posted, but basic attachments not listed anywhere for new/returning players who may want to maximize effectiveness.

Obviously not all attachments will have the same effect for every battle, but it will give people some base knowledge where to begin before they start swapping things out for specific fights.

Thanks.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-17 08:21:16  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/String_Theory
[+]
 Odin.Tasukaru
user: Jikoshy
By Odin.Tasukaru 2022-02-17 08:22:32  
Last Update:
23rd October 2020

Plus some people may not check the wiki, in addition to many new fun features to pup since... and it would round out the main guide here in the forum.
By Aerix 2022-02-19 00:08:49  
Since Fab hasn't responded to my PMs asking about getting permission to edit the wiki guide, I suppose it would make sense to add some updated attachment sets to the node.

Unfortunately, since attachments can't be added to equipment sets, I'm not sure how to format it nicely to make it look better than just simple lists of attachments. Any input here would be appreciated.

In any case, I'll add some attachment recommendations to the node when I have some time in the next few days.
 Bahamut.Dajjal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dajjal 2022-02-19 06:58:31  
Aerix said: »
Unfortunately, since attachments can't be added to equipment sets, I'm not sure how to format it nicely to make it look better than just simple lists of attachments. Any input here would be appreciated.

You could format it similar to the settings.xml file that autocontrol uses. That way people could copy/paste a set into their own settings.xml file if they use autocontrol. Here is an example of my set I use for tanking Omen:

Code
           <omen>
                <frame>valoredge frame</frame>
                <head>soulsoother head</head>
                <slot01>strobe</slot01>
                <slot02>strobe ii</slot02>
                <slot03>mana jammer iii</slot03>
                <slot04>mana jammer iv</slot04>
                <slot05>flashbulb</slot05>
                <slot06>auto-repair kit iv</slot06>
                <slot07>optic fiber</slot07>
                <slot08>optic fiber ii</slot08>
                <slot09>armor plate iv</slot09>
                <slot10>barrier module ii</slot10>
                <slot11>barrier module</slot11>
                <slot12>resister</slot12>
            </omen>

I can't really think of any better way really.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-19 07:33:41  
Since Fab hasn't responded to my PMs asking about getting permission to edit the wiki guide, I suppose it would make sense to add some updated attachment sets to the node.

In any case, I'll add some attachment recommendations to the node when I have some time in the next few days.

You know anyone can freely edit the wikis. I don't know if you're simply asking out of respect or not but nothing is stopping you.
 Odin.Eohuo
user: Eohuo
By Odin.Eohuo 2022-02-19 16:17:05  
Dumb question and I know I had seen this somewhere before, but I am having a hard time searching in the forum. Can someone point me to the best attachment set for Duke Vepar OD semi-solo (trusts/cor)?

**edit** nm found what I was looking for
By Aerix 2022-02-19 19:25:18  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You know anyone can freely edit the wikis. I don't know if you're simply asking out of respect or not but nothing is stopping you.

Courtesy aside, there's a big disclaimer at the top of job guides that aren't community collaborations.

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-19 19:33:00  
I mean, if they're not doing it, and don't answer, it can be done. They just don't want randos interjecting ***.

I don't think it's actually locked in any way, and it can always be reverted if he comes back and disagrees.

Also; you're credited at the bottom. You're good.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-02-19 19:35:31  
just edit out the disclaimer first lmao
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2022-02-19 20:24:35  
Gap between say TS3 and TS5 is only 6~% which things like stp, dmg+ and even sc+ can overcome with either increased tp generation or dmg
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2022-02-20 07:36:30  
When I did the math for Tension Spring and the way its calculated. it gives so very little attack, its not worth using.
By Nariont 2022-02-20 09:20:00  
Would think having a 3 atleast would be worthwhile assuming its working like i think and is just a plain 22.5% with 2x OF and 1light/fire, but if you hurt for space it is probably the 1st one id give up assuming inhibitors arent screwing me over
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-02-20 09:36:34  
Lack of space is the primary reason they're always cut (too much fire and too many better options for 12 slots)

Give pups 16 slots! Time for an upgrade.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-02-20 09:43:37  
pretty much, that or just give a OF/TC upgrade that combines the previous 2 but doesnt stack further, id take any additional space really

could do this with several attachments actually and just make a ___ max line that combines the 1st/2nd tier into a 3rd, so strobe, inhib, OF, TC, speedloader, resister etc. as im sure that extra slot row is some kind of arduous hurdle to add

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Gambits 2022-02-20 11:30:44  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lack of space is the primary reason they're always cut (too much fire and too many better options for 12 slots)

Give pups 16 slots! Time for an upgrade.
For the longest time I thought we were missing an extra row, but we are only missing 2 of the 4 slots, the other 2 are "used" for head/body.

I think we can get 2 more slots that fits the UI..
By Maiyuuu 2022-02-21 01:18:09  
Ok, I’m going over all my attachments, debuffs, distance, etc… but I can’t figure out why my pet stops doing actions during this month’s ambusade.

Is there some hidden amnesia effect? He’ll work totally fine sometimes, then other (most) times, he stops voking/flashing, using weapon skills. I don’t think he even does his shield bash. He’s not paralyzed and when I use maint. it mentions nothing was removed, debuff wise.

If I deactivate him during the run then bring him back out, he’ll start working again, but quit randomly through the fight.

What am I overlooking?? ?
 Asura.Fabiano
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2022-02-21 14:34:05  

Go for it Aerix!

Sorry I haven't replied to PM's, or kept the guide up to date... I haven't been subbed/playing in years, I just briefly pop-in to read these forums and see how the game is going.

/salute
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-02-22 05:18:53  
Made my Kenkonken yday, should be through trials in a day or two, but I was wondering from other owners, is the low base damage/delay going to make this a lackluster piece vs things like SU5? I can see the benefits of am3 especially when you can engage with master in malignance but I'm just worried that it's gonna smack like a wet noodle for everything including Stringing.

Any thoughts for or against?
 Siren.Kruel
サーバ: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2022-02-22 06:02:27  
It's true it doesn't hit as hard as some other options, but it's a multi stepping machine.

If you have decent buffs, it'll still do serious damage.

I use it to destroy Kei for example, regularly kills Kei from 100% hp inside of 1 set of songs whilst tanking and being the only DD.

When playing with others and meleeing, i'd say it'll prob fall behind vs Godhands, etc.

I still see 60k+ Howling Fists at times, i'm not an owner of other REMA's for PUP, but Kenk definitely hold their own.

(edit).

Also don't underestimate how useful the "Suppresses Overload" effect is.

From my testing of it, it takes me 17-18 of the same maneuver spammed in a row every 10 seconds to overload.

I also should have mentioned my Kenk are R15, so they have an extra DMG+24, so overall DMG+168.

Still a bit behind SU5 and Godhands but it does close the distance on the SU5 a good bit.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-02-22 12:03:33  
Asura.Fabiano said: »

Go for it Aerix!

Sorry I haven't replied to PM's, or kept the guide up to date... I haven't been subbed/playing in years, I just briefly pop-in to read these forums and see how the game is going.

/salute

Thanks, Fab! I'll hopefully have some free time soon to give the guide a thorough update.

Vaerix said: »
Made my Kenkonken yday, should be through trials in a day or two, but I was wondering from other owners, is the low base damage/delay going to make this a lackluster piece vs things like SU5? I can see the benefits of am3 especially when you can engage with master in malignance but I'm just worried that it's gonna smack like a wet noodle for everything including Stringing.

Any thoughts for or against?

Stringing Pummel actually hits decently hard with an R15 KKK (not so much unaugmented). It's roughly tied with R15 Verethragna for overall master damage, but somewhat far behind R15 Godhands using HF (which is our version of Naegling SB spam).

However, KKK's damage should not be viewed in a vacuum like that as it's a pet-centric weapon for a reason. I've been using it to great effect in Odyssey recently, where I have my VE maton fighting alongside me. With OD and AM3 it busts out 25k-30k Bone Crushers on the regular in addition to the damage I'm already bringing to the table as the master. This more than makes up for the difference between KKK and Godhands. For the record, in this instance my maton is actually using Tension Spring 5 because the extra Attack is absolutely necessary and Inhibitors don't mesh well with SP spam.

That said, a Sharpshot maton with Inhibitors benefits very little from KKK during OD and I'd argue you'd usually be better off letting your maton do its thing with multisteps while standing back with Su5 and pure pet gear. Without Inhibitors it's similar to the VE situation above, except AM3 won't affect its WS. At that point it depends on how many buffs you are getting as the master. The more buffs you have, the less important your Automaton damage and AM3 will be, i.e. KKK excels in low buff fights.

As always, everything's situational.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 79 80 81 ... 94 95 96