String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
String Theory: A Puppetmaster's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 94 95 96
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-02-22 12:07:39  
Asura.Fabiano said: »

Go for it Aerix!

/salute

EXCITEMENT
By koyote 2022-03-01 08:09:13  
Hey guys, first off, very nice job on this guide. I have a question, maybe it has been asked before, but could not find the answer. I know the healer pet cures the master and the party, but does it also cure other pets if in the same pt ? Also, what's the exact max distance for repair ? Thx
By SimonSes 2022-03-01 08:34:15  
koyote said: »
but does it also cure other pets if in the same pt ?

Pets can't be cured with healing magic, so no.
Also, what's the exact max distance for repair ?

<20?
[+]
By koyote 2022-03-01 08:35:36  
Thx a lot for your answers :)
[+]
 Asura.Zigzagzig
サーバ: Asura
user: zigzagzig
By Asura.Zigzagzig 2022-03-01 11:14:25  
un vieux dla vielle qui repop :)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-22 15:55:16  
Anyone familiar with the RDM automaton cast priority?

If I set it on a fresh mob with a ranged animator, does it buff me first, pro > shell > haste2 then debuff?

Or will it open with dia then start buffing. (with or without light maneuvers)
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2022-03-22 16:08:57  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Automaton

At the very bottom of this page you’ll find casting priorities depending on maneuvers.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-22 16:11:21  
It doesn't sufficiently though, it's already where I was looking.

Unless the table is accurate. According to the table it will enfeeble before buffing.
By Nariont 2022-03-22 19:29:15  
From memory it should debuff 1st if it doesnt risk resists i.e dia/bio lines, but i could be mistaken since rdm frame lost a lot of use for me once trusts became a thing
By koyote 2022-04-16 10:41:10  
Is this set still viable for Arcu/Daze, or is there something really better ?

Xiucoatl
Path C -- Rank 25
Animator P +1
Automat. Oil +3
Karagoz Capello +1
Pitre Tobe +3
Karagoz Guanti +1
Kara. Pantaloni +1
Naga Kyahan
Path D (Pet:HP+100/Act+25/Atk+25
Shulmanu Collar
Enmerkar Earring
Burana Earring
Thur. Ring +1
Overbearing Ring
Klouskap Sash +1
Dispersal Mantle
Pet TP Bonus +500
By suuhja 2022-04-16 13:03:21  
Is this set still viable for Arcu/Daze, or is there something really better ?

The equipment guide in the 2nd post at the front of this topic is up-to-date. The main updates to those sets are Mpaca's hands and feet.

If you decide to make Path D Nyame or have some exceptionally good herculean augments, those might replace some slots. Again, take a peek at the guide for insight where.
By gojito 2022-04-22 01:25:57  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
TBH, I kinda wish they still had attachments that gave some sort of puppet buff paired with a "downside" of Acc-.
No need for complicated things.
Could just use a command that simply turns off WS from trusts and/or from pets >___>

All you have to do is get 1k tp on master with 1 inhibitor on pet and the pet will never WS.
By Vaerix 2022-04-22 14:51:46  
gojito said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
TBH, I kinda wish they still had attachments that gave some sort of puppet buff paired with a "downside" of Acc-.
No need for complicated things.
Could just use a command that simply turns off WS from trusts and/or from pets >___>

All you have to do is get 1k tp on master with 1 inhibitor on pet and the pet will never WS.

Tactical switch has been used more for this purpose than any other for me.
By IGDC 2022-05-05 13:33:50  
Is there a post somewhere that has recommended Frames/Attachments for each v0 Sheol Goal NM and RP farm for v20?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dajjal
By Bahamut.Dajjal 2022-05-05 18:05:22  
IGDC said: »
Is there a post somewhere that has recommended Frames/Attachments for each v0 Sheol Goal NM and RP farm for v20?

Like in most party situations, your pets damage is going to be small compared to your own. Most of the time when called upon for NMs my pet would tank and I'd DD.
By IGDC 2022-05-06 16:21:43  
Bahamut.Dajjal said: »

Like in most party situations, your pets damage is going to be small compared to your own. Most of the time when called upon for NMs my pet would tank and I'd DD.

I should rephrase, OD setups for just doing 5% on v20s for RP solo.
 Bahamut.Skald
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2022-05-08 16:29:36  
OD setups for just doing 5% on v20s for RP solo.

This works for Xevioso

Valoredge/Sharpshot
Magniplug I+II
Flame Holder
Inhibitor II
Attuner
Turbo Charger II
Optic Fiber I+II
Auto-Repair Kit IV
Armor Plate IV
Mana Jammer IV
Steam Jacket

Light, Fire and Water is ultra safe if/when fetters, furthermore on safety's side 5of5 ACC/RACC+DA+DT Taeon. You could gear more offensively with Automaton OD or TP and WS sets, I sometimes fool around when no fetters in this way but in my experience it is not a necessity. Safe and easy, Xevi's always hit 94% with 1m+ left on OD.

It has been some time since our group used PUP to 5% anything other than Xevi but I had done V15 Arebati in the same way as well as Kalunga with Valoredge/Valoredge and same attachment loadout iirc. Similarly, we had done a small handful of Mboze in which some were successful and some not because Mboze things, did not have a chance to experiment further nor any opportunity with Ngai.

Worth noting if you value all your pupxemplar points once you hit 94% a full-on turtle Soulsoother/Valoredge with Steam Jacket can hold them indefinitely under Light+Water+Water. Deactivate at a distance, run to swap frame and attachments, Ventriloquy and Deploy. This transfer becomes more difficult depending on fetters being thrown around or not and especially if attemtping solo without any buffs or means of recovering from initial pull.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-05-10 06:37:09  
Thank you Skald
 Bahamut.Caraine
By Bahamut.Caraine 2022-05-10 21:38:15  
Just a quick question I am using selindriles Luas and am trying to get it to activate manuevers automatically. But it never starts placing them. Any idea how we make it staet.
By koyote 2022-05-11 05:00:46  
Have to use //gs c toggle autobuffmode, maneuvers will only start if your puppet is engaged. It has been made on purpose to avoid overload
 Bahamut.Caraine
By Bahamut.Caraine 2022-05-11 07:10:40  
Excellent thank you
 Asura.Kazaleem
user: Kazaleem
By Asura.Kazaleem 2022-05-12 06:41:54  
Hi, quick quetsion: KKK don't suppress overload in Odyssey? My pet keeps overloading when I farm segments in Sheol B. Is it a bug?
By Probono 2022-05-12 08:30:33  
Asura.Kazaleem said: »
Hi, quick quetsion: KKK don't suppress overload in Odyssey? My pet keeps overloading when I farm segments in Sheol B. Is it a bug?

you can still overload back to back, with attachments like the 3 hit build. (not saying u using, since it doesnt stop overload)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-12 08:40:13  
If you use the "Autocontrol" addon you can accurately see the burden number for each element.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-05-12 09:30:30  
Just spam cooldown every 5 min, and put à fan behind your automaton
[+]
 Asura.Kazaleem
By Asura.Kazaleem 2022-05-12 09:33:20  
The thing is I'm playing in Odyssey the same way I play in other places. For instance I can grind Apex for hours without overloading once. I'm used to spamming fire maneuver while wearing master DA gear so my auto can keep up and SC with me. Thanks to KKK, I never overload. In Odyssey though, I overload every single time as if I wasn't wearing KKK at all. (I'm using Autocontrol btw).

Am I the only one having this issue?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-12 09:40:25  
(I'm using Autocontrol btw).
Have you compared the burden numbers buildup on each maneuver when you're inside Odyssey, to the numbers you get when outside?

You might have discovered some bug in Sheol areas!
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-05-12 09:56:28  
If you're using gearswap, do you have a latency that might cause you're maneveurs gear to not swap in time ?
I did sheol A B à few times as pup and i never had any overload issues
 Asura.Kazaleem
By Asura.Kazaleem 2022-05-15 03:48:59  
I've been trying to solo a few geas fete for my nin aeonic and I couldn't find a strat for Fleetstalker in Zitah, so I came up with my own. I'm sharing it here in case anybody needs. You guys are way better than me so feel free to improve it. It's just a starting point.

Pet: Tank setup with steam jacket to mitigate the constant fire dmg and Mana Jammer III to survive mana font more easily. Fire Light Water Maneuvers.

Trusts: Ulmia, King of Heart, Sylvie, Ygnas, Arciela.

Master: gear double attack with Tauret (I imagine Kaja Knife works fine too) and subjob rdm. This is to deal with the aura which is canceled by proc'ing blue with water dmg then immediately doing a ws to proc red. Keep Enwater up and when the aura comes, you'll blue proc with every hit. Aeolian edge as soon as you can to red proc (it can't miss). With this srtat, the aura is taken down in a few seconds and it's no longer an issue. Then it's only a matter of patience spamming evisceration outside of his WS (since it gains perfect dodge during its ws). The fight is quite long done this way (about 12min), but it's safe and easy. The only threat is the beastruction thingy. When it happens I just run away until my pet gets hate back and my trusts heal me.

A possible improvement would be to only switch to Tauret during aura and use Tactical Swich to avoid starting from 0 tp. This might speed up the fight a bit, but I haven't tried. It's hard to build tp during the aura so I'm not sure it's worth it.

PS: regarding my previous message about Odyssey Sheol B I still have the issue and I haven't noticed anything special with AutoControl. I moved on and accepted it ^^ I just use cooldown as if I didn't have KKK.
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 94 95 96