Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 133 134 135
By Viciouss 2018-09-19 10:31:37  
Nausi said: »
Im still waiting on an actual location of this party that you cant seem to provide.

I'm still waiting for you to prove Ford doesn't remember where the party was held. This is the lie you made up, its on you to prove it. She hasn't publicly said ANYTHING, so I don't have to prove it. Keep shitposting tho, its hilarious.
By Viciouss 2018-09-19 10:34:50  
Apparently we don't have an attorney general because he hurt Trump's feelings. I guess Mattis is on his way out too as the walls continue to crumble.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-09-19 10:40:57  
I say no rapists on the supreme court, but I guess I'm a little traditional that way.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-19 10:43:17  
Viciouss said: »
I guess Mattis is on his way out too as the walls continue to crumble.
Mattis has already denied that rumor.
By Viciouss 2018-09-19 10:45:50  
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »

Denied he is going to resign, but uh, that won't save him from Trump swinging the axe because he thinks he is a Democrat.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-19 10:46:15  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Why does it need to be delayed? Isn’t he innocent until proven guilty?

Because the allegations are serious enough to warrant being looked at? Where's the rush? You care about winning so much you don't care about them doing their job properly?
Yep delayed. I believe they were trying to hold a vote this week for him. So a meeting next week would definitly delay this.

The rush might be that they had at least a FULL MONTH to bring this up and it wasn't even brought up in the hearings he had.

I am for having a meeting next week. The rush of it should be kept due to the drop of this accusation bomb so close to the vote, to derail and delay it.

If they wanted proper time to do this, they should have started with giving proper time for this accusation.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-19 10:46:44  
Im still waiting on an actual location of this party that you cant seem to provide.

I'm still waiting for you to prove Ford doesn't remember where the party was held. This is the lie you made up, its on you to prove it. She hasn't publicly said ANYTHING, so I don't have to prove it. Keep shitposting tho, its hilarious.
You got proof of that? We’re all waiting.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-19 10:47:37  

Denied he is going to resign, but uh, that won't save him from Trump swinging the axe because he thinks he is a Democrat.
True, also Mattis could still just resign in a week like "*** it", but hearsay to Mattis wanting to resign is just that bud.
By Viciouss 2018-09-19 10:52:07  

Because the allegations are serious enough to warrant being looked at? Where's the rush? You care about winning so much you don't care about them doing their job properly?
Yep delayed. I believe they were trying to hold a vote this week for him. So a meeting next week would definitly delay this.

The rush might be that they had at least a FULL MONTH to bring this up and it wasn't even brought up in the hearings he had.

I am for having a meeting next week. The rush of it should be kept due to the drop of this accusation bomb so close to the vote, to derail and delay it.

If they wanted proper time to do this, they should have started with giving proper time for this accusation.

The vote was scheduled for next week, and Grassley cancelled it. The hearing was set for next Monday, with a vote on Thursday. Now, nobody really knows, Grassley has been relatively quiet so far. I'm sure we will get some news today. Nothing to corroborate nausi's lies, but news nonetheless.
By Nausi 2018-09-19 10:52:27  

Allegations are not evidence.

You keep conflating accusatins with evidence. Do you understand the consequences of a world where anyone can ruin someone’s life by making up any allegation you want?

Surely you’re being obtuse.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-09-19 10:54:09  

True, also Mattis could still just resign in a week like "*** it", but hearsay to Mattis wanting to resign is just that bud.

I don't think he will resign, I just think he is on the way out in the sense that Trump is gonna fire him. Mattis is too smart and too dedicated to his personal code, and Trump doesn't like it. He wants yes men, he wants people that go on Fox News and pump him up like he is getting stuff done. Mattis doesn't care about that ***, he just wants things done the right way.

Post deleted by User.
By Zerowone 2018-09-19 10:56:41  

Ok but how many times have we seen this song and dance in this administration?

So and So is going to resign
That’s preposterous Trump and I get along fine and vice versa
Within a month
So and So resigns (or is fired under the guise of resignation)

It’s cliched bad management.

Post deleted by User.
By Zerowone 2018-09-19 11:00:30  

You keep conflating accusatins with evidence. Do you understand the consequences of a world where anyone can ruin someone’s life by making up any allegation you want?

So do we have evidence on Harvey Weinstein outside industry hearsay? I mean yeah sure he admitted guilt and is a scumbag but nobody produced physical evidence.

And you for one really liked equating Weinstein (Hollywood) to the Democratic Politcal machine.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-19 11:01:39  

Did I say anywhere it was evidence?
No, but we can live in a world where I can destroy your ambitions just by making ***up.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-19 11:02:27  

I get being pissed at the strategy they pulled off, I guess that's how politics works nowadays, but they still have to do their job and look into it.
Theres nothing to look into she can’t even provide a date/time or location.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2018-09-19 11:02:46  

Did I say anywhere it was evidence?
No, but we can live in a world where I can destroy your ambitions just by making ***up.

There’s that Republican playbook again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-19 11:03:05  
Siren.Mosin said: »
I say no rapists on the supreme court, but I guess I'm a little traditional that way.

Good thing Kavanaugh isn't a rapist then.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-09-19 11:08:13  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I'm not advocating one way or the other, but from 35 years of life on this dismal rock I've gleaned that where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

I was / am actually pretty excited for a justice that is conservative but believes roe vs. wade is settled law, which is what Kavanaugh is claiming to be.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-19 11:33:40  
Zerowone said: »

Ok but how many times have we seen this song and dance in this administration?

So and So is going to resign
That’s preposterous Trump and I get along fine and vice versa
Within a month
So and So resigns (or is fired under the guise of resignation)

It’s cliched bad management.
Meh. Still a rumor. But like I said, he could still resign too. Could be tomorrow, could be in a month, could die before resigns, could be in 5 years.

Probably outlast Sessions tho.
By Nausi 2018-09-19 11:37:11  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I'm not advocating one way or the other, but from 35 years of life on this dismal rock I've gleaned that where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

I was / am actually pretty excited for a justice that is conservative but believes roe vs. wade is settled law, which is what Kavanaugh is claiming to be.
Hes not even being accused of rape.

You have no idea what is even happening.
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-19 11:39:50  
You have no idea what is even happening.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-19 11:40:52  
Mattis doesn't care about that ***, he just wants things done the right way.
Agreed.

I get being pissed at the strategy they pulled off, I guess that's how politics works nowadays, but they still have to do their job and look into it.
I definitely agree.

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Was Anita Hill part of that playbook? Not trying to be snarky, but genuinely curious if was done before from Republicans to a Democratic candidate.
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-19 11:46:27  

This is one of my favorite hot takes recently

[+]
By Zerowone 2018-09-19 11:49:11  
Agreed.

I definitely agree.

Was Anita Hill part of that playbook? Not trying to be snarky, but genuinely curious if was done before from Republicans to a Democratic candidate.

Apparently you’re not familiar with the author of said playbook Lee Atwater.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-19 11:53:09  
Zerowone said: »
Agreed.

I definitely agree.

Apparently you’re not familiar with the author of said playbook Lee Atwater.
I am actually not, hence why I asked and clarified I was not trying to be snarky.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2018-09-19 11:55:15  
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Atwater

Feel free to check out a biography if you don’t trust Wikipedia.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 133 134 135