Random Politics & Religion #34

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 133 134 135
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-19 11:59:11  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Atwater

Feel free to check out a biography if you don’t trust Wikipedia.
It's the only place I trust! They correctly had the hidden gem fact that Colbert tripled the elephant population in Africa. =)

Silliness aside, ZOINKS! on to thy provided link!
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-19 11:59:41  
Oh Crap, I paged...uhhh uhhh....

Politicians smell!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-19 12:20:22  
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-19 13:15:13  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Nausi said: »
No, but we can live in a world where I can destroy your ambitions just by making ***up.

That's a crime. It's not without risk.

A crime indeed. For which women are almost never held accountable for.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-19 14:34:10  
Won’t someone please think of the children
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-19 14:37:09  
fonewear said: »

Quote:
Now, this technology is new to me, but I'm pretty sure that's Kavanaugh in the oven, rotating slowly.

Quote:
His body temperature has risen to over 400 degrees - he's literally stewing in his own juices.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-09-19 15:27:18  
No, but we can live in a world where I can destroy your ambitions just by making ***up.

Straight up attacking women, not even trying to hide it, nice.

Ignoring your jab at women, it happens more often than you think.

Not an attack, this is supported by crime statistics.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-19 17:41:30  
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Yep delayed. I believe they were trying to hold a vote this week for him. So a meeting next week would definitly delay this.

The rush might be that they had at least a FULL MONTH to bring this up and it wasn't even brought up in the hearings he had.

I am for having a meeting next week. The rush of it should be kept due to the drop of this accusation bomb so close to the vote, to derail and delay it.

If they wanted proper time to do this, they should have started with giving proper time for this accusation.

I get being pissed at the strategy they pulled off, I guess that's how politics works nowadays, but they still have to do their job and look into it.

Why exactly though? Nothing can possibly come of this besides derailing his nomination, which is the dems idea. He cannot be charged with anything even if he admitted it, statue of limitations is long expired.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-19 17:52:50  

[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-19 18:29:43  

Don't you go using Hate Facts, you are supposed to use Nice Facts instead.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-19 18:51:38  
Facts? Statistics?

You're not going to fool me with words invented by the patriarchy.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-19 19:09:30  
One must collaborate lies before telling them.

Quote:
A former classmate of Ford's also came forward on Wednesday to say that she remembers hearing about the alleged assault, but added that she has no first-hand information to corroborate the allegations. Writing in a Facebook post that has since been deleted, Cristina Miranda King wrote that “This incident did happen. ... Many of us heard about it in school and Christine’s recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true.”

That account drew widespread skepticism, primarily because Ford had said the alleged incident happened in the summer -- when school was out of session.

On Twitter, King added that she had removed her statement from Facebook because “it served its purpose.

And the statement by the guy she said was there:

Quote:
"I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as 'PJ' who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post," Smyth, who graduated the same year as Kavanaugh from Georgetown Prep in North Bethesda, Maryland, said in the letter that was obtained by CNN. "I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh."
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-09-19 19:12:09  
There is so much *** here if you try to spin this as truth you are an idiot. Who believes this at all?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-19 19:17:16  
I was at the party that *** is lying
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-19 19:21:28  
I was at the party that *** is lying

i seent it
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2018-09-19 19:22:26  
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-19 19:23:12  
Always believe the drunken people at a party...they never forget
[+]
By fonewear 2018-09-19 19:24:09  
In fact the Supreme Court is drunk 24/7
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2018-09-19 20:26:56  
Always believe the drunken people at a party...they never forget

They’re also the must truthful...little too truthful.
By Zerowone 2018-09-19 20:27:07  
Most*
By Nausi 2018-09-19 20:42:37  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Don't you go using Hate Facts, you are supposed to use Nice Facts instead.
Get that scientific sexism outta here
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-09-19 21:10:55  
You have yet to present anything remotely resembling a fact.
By Viciouss 2018-09-19 21:15:29  

"Crime statistics" that aren't going to be shared with the rest of us apparently. Shocker.
By Viciouss 2018-09-19 21:16:19  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You have yet to present anything remotely resembling a fact.

On any topic lol.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-09-19 21:25:00  
Realty is a social construct created by the patriarchy!
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-09-19 22:36:16  
That wasn't really funny the first time
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-09-19 23:23:24  
Here's the text of a recent letter, where Grassley is saying that the Monday hearing is going to happen with or without Ford.

Some very lovely tidbits are as follows, which show that Grassley is having none of Feinstein's crap:

Quote:
I understand how difficult it might be for Dr. Ford to publicly testify on this subject. I have therefore offered her many options. We’ve offered her a public hearing, a private hearing, a public staff interview, or a private staff interview. The staff is even willing to fly to California, or anywhere else, to meet her.

An open session would be a matter of public record, while a closed session will remain confidential. I certainly can understand that Dr. Ford might be distrustful of the Committee’s ability to keep matters confidential based on the Democratic members’ recent conduct, but I sincerely hope that, if she chooses to testify in a closed session, that my colleagues can see their way to plugging the leaks which have plagued this nomination and gain her trust.

Quote:
Of course, we wouldn’t find ourselves in this position if we had been made aware of the allegations in a timelier manner. The Ranking Member was aware of these allegations since July. But her staff did not ask Judge Kavanaugh about them during routine background investigation phone calls in late-August. Senator Feinstein did not ask Judge Kavanaugh about these allegations during her closed-door meeting on August 20. The Ranking Member withheld this serious information about Judge Kavanaugh from her colleagues, 64 of whom had private meetings with Judge Kavanaugh and could have asked him about the allegations directly. She did not ask about them when Judge Kavanaugh appeared before the Committee for more than 32 hours of testimony over 3 days. Nor did she attend the closed session of the hearing when members can ask Judge Kavanaugh about sensitive matters. And she did not ask any questions about these allegations among the nearly 1,300 written questions sent to Judge Kavanaugh after the hearing.

Senator Feinstein only informed the FBI of the allegations after they were leaked to the media on the eve of a confirmation vote. The proper course of action would have been to investigate Dr. Ford’s serious allegations as quickly and as thoroughly as possible, as I did as soon as these allegations were made known to me.

I’m also concerned what the recent events mean for whistleblowers, especially victims of sexual assault. Dr. Ford expressed the desire that her allegations remain non-public. I can’t emphasize how important it is to respect whistleblowers’ and victims’ desire for confidentiality. But notwithstanding her wishes for confidentiality, her allegations became public. I fear that the leaks of confidential information will discourage whistleblowers and victims from coming forward in the future.

This is but the latest—and most serious—of your side’s abuse of this confirmation process. There has been delay and obstruction of this process at every turn and with every argument available. Therefore, I will view any additional complaints about the process very skeptically.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-09-20 00:28:44  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Realty is a social construct created by the patriarchy!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 133 134 135