フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dynamis (D) Wave 3
Dynamis (D) Wave 3
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-09-06 20:09:13  
I was under the impression that magic was separate and relied only on the circles. There's some testimony that this isn't the case, so you would need to go around killing all of the circles. It still seems doable although you would need to be very fast at clearing the circles.

Also cupid chocolate isn't really comparable to corsair buffs. Up to almost 100 store TP on a crooked XI and then whatever other buff you end up using.
 Cerberus.Resetti
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2018-09-06 22:37:23  
Hades.Dade said: »
Maybe I'm missing something but if you only kill light and dark circles wont the wave3 boss still have like 60% dt?

I tried a ranged Jeuno a bit ago and the wave2 boss was easy enough, but we couldn't do enough dmg to kill parties in front of circles quickly. I kind of wrote the whole idea off since damage felt pretty terrible for physical and magical ws.
Can someone answer this?
 Asura.Zeroburning
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Zeroburning 2018-09-06 23:53:39  
ive tried this on windy before we started killing all the circles we tried to do just light and dark and do leaden trueflight and they wasnt hitting hard at all because from previous post your looking at 10dt per Circle thats left up so you only kill 2 circles the boss will still have 60% Dt
 Bismarck.Lilmartio
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lilmartio
By Bismarck.Lilmartio 2018-09-07 00:12:53  
At the start of wave 3 boss with have -80% DT and will absorb all 8 elements. Lets say, the Fire Fetter gets killed, the DT drops to -70% and will no longer absorb Fire damage BUT the boss will resist Fire because the Water fetter still remains. In this case killing Light and Dark fetters will result in a -60% DT and no resist and Light/Dark won't get absorb, but things like T2 skillchains will still get absorb due to it being /Light and/or /Dark.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-07 01:58:14  
I think I recall someone reporting boss absorbing single, properly alligned, element when you use a L3 Skillchain?

The post I read was reporting the boss absorbing fire (?) damage during a L3 Light skillchain.
In that case the Fire fetter had been killed.

Tried to find the post but I couldn't, and I haven't personally experienced this myself, we always kill all fetters.
One thing I can say about the elemental resistance is that once you kill all fetters the Meva towards debuffs of the boss drops to ***levels because I was able to land debuffs very easily on my SMN/RDM which has pretty ***gear in terms of enfeebling magic lol, and no Languor/Frazzle/Focus or any other form of macc were used.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-07 02:18:06  
It was weird, we had 15min and had killed all trash but only killed 3 fetters and Light SC would deal damage but fusion would be absorbed or something.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-07 02:22:15  
It's just worth it to just clear all the fetters. With all of them dead, you can wipe the boss down in ~20-30ish minutes. If you leave it at 80% DT, it would take you at least 5 times longer, to around 100-150 minutes... this all ignoring the EVA/MEVA boost it would get. Each fetter (with adds) takes around 5-10 mins to kill if done properly.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-09-07 03:33:00  
In all honesty the most difficult aspect of wave3 is being extremely efficient killing the Volte around fetters. Like others have said, once you kill all fetters, Mega is a pushover, since you'll kill so fast it really won't have time to scale into its stronger WS that make them more deadly.

You won't have perma SV songs, so having up to par TP/WS sets becomes really important. 1240 I've found is the sweet spot to aim for assuming you have Honor/Madx2 and Idris precision for THF, NIN and other evasive mobs. For the not so evasion mobs, GEO can swap to Indi-STR or Barrier depending on what you're doing.

Attack is paramount. You really gotta go all out stacking Attack: BoG/EA Fury, CC Chaos, Dia2 LS x2 every NM, Full Break, and even steps. All will drastically increase kill speed which makes killing adds/NMs so much easier. Pulling the 2nd group to BoG bubbles is also advised so you don't have to recast every new set.

Some mobs are super dangerous, but there are ways to deal with them:

GEO: Either stun its casting of luopan or kill the luopan before you engage a GEO or you'll probably have lots of deaths. If it's a NM, it will probably recast a luopan while you're fighting, it's important for DD to swap and kill asap, but just in case, WHM sacro works as a safety net.

WAR: Position is key here. If you have the tank stand as far as possible on 1 side and all the DD at its back at max melee range, Fell Cleave will only hit the tank as long as they don't lose hate, since Cleave is centered around the tank. Melee> WAR) <Tank

BLU: Try to stun all the AoE spells while mages that can try to silence.

RDM: Mages should preemptively stay back so they can na/erase melee and not be hit with spell spam themselves.

BST: Stun around 50%. If it's a NM, Charm/meva set on tank along with meva buffs/Light carols.

DRG: Never stand in front. Sonic Thrust is really strong. Always kill the Wyvern 1st or it will eat it and get all of its health back. Keep killing wyvern as they spawn asap and it will never regen health.

Any sub job that can /drg I've found really benefits greatly. The NMs and Mega are so high level that 1 High Jump per NM around 50% will ensure you never pull hate. I've personally tried THF/DRG and SAM/DRG and really liked the results. (DRG main also works really well!)
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-07 04:19:33  
Yeah efficiency on Volte is my groups current issue. We keep teetering between using one party of DD (THF+DRK+COR) and making a SC or adding another party and free WS. And with some people showing and not showing it always seems to shuffle us around a bit as we go. Proper attendance this week should net us a THF+DRK+COR (with geo+brd buffs) and then a 2nd party of RUN+WAR+COR (with geo+brd buffs) but that RUN is also our tank, so maybe we need to find yet another tank so the RUN can go DNC...

I'm gonna try out THF/DRG this weekend I think. I use COR/DRG for Fu and that's always fun, lol.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-07 04:51:40  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
In all honesty the most difficult aspect of wave3 is being extremely efficient killing the Volte around fetters. Like others have said, once you kill all fetters, Mega is a pushover, since you'll kill so fast it really won't have time to scale into its stronger WS that make them more deadly.
Not sure I'd define them pushover, plus they're not the same.
But I do agree all 8 fetters down is definitely sooo worth it it's hard to skip it, wether you go for the kill all, sac all or mixed strategies.

I've only killed 3/4 Wave3 megabosses so far (need to try the Jeuno one!) and my impressions so far:

San D'Oria
Need to prioritize Silence. Need a dedicated person (or bot, whatever) keeping silence on. Which, as I mentioned before, once you have all 8 fetters down is super easy to land even from non-enfeebling jobs.
Having powerful buffs dispelled at the wrong time can really *** up with your killing time (it's usually around 30 mins).
Also when he goes into his Circle Blade phase, people need to play defensively or it's gonna become too much of a stress for the healer(s).

Bastok
Easy peasy but need to watch out for his AoE phase. I found that Shadows are normally fine but DDs need to pay attention for the moment when everybody will be close to the hate cap (further in into the fight) because at that time the boss will often turn to do stuff on single DDs and tank won't be able to keep perma hate on them towards the end of the fight.
I think Bastok is the easiest boss of the three I fought.

Windurst
Tanks need additional defensive buffs, if you do not engage with too little time left (i.e. in need of fast kill) I suggest giving up a couple of minor DPS buffs for defensive buffs, for when the boss will turn around to DDs.
His attempts to use 2x WSs in a row (with consequent SCs) can be a killer, especially when he uses multihit stuff like Evisceration, wiping all your shadows.

All of them
WHM is not a big deal, even if benediction goes off it heals at best 99k HP.
Corsair's Wildcard can heal for much much more though (makes you wonder why they even had to add AoE healing properties to Volte's Wild Card...).
What we do is normally bind/sleep the boss, then have the tank with hate pull away from the boss and rape the Corsair there.

With real people playing REMA brds it's much easier to have 10 SV songs up for 14+ minutes, multiple times during the fight if you get lucky with Wild Card.
With mules I guess it's harder or let's say it takes more coordination/skill on the side of whomever is multiboxing. Kinda depends on the type of jobs he's multiboxing too, I suppose.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-09 00:30:02  
Afania said: »
Oh and btw, leaden didn't work on adds very well,

Ok soo.....tried leaden on Jeuno wave 3 boss again, for some reason whenever adds are out leaden dmg dropped to 3 to 4k even on main boss.

I don't get how it works, nor understand why leaden damage has such huge variation in melee setup. But the end parse result shows that leaden still avg 26k, which is still high enough compare with other ws.

Been wondering if I should switch ws back to savage when adds are out....

Asura.Sechs said: »
I suggest giving up a couple of minor DPS buffs for defensive buffs,

On a sidenote, we tried double cor in one DD pt tonight for wave 3 clear runs, so one of the dd pt setup looks like this: DD, COR x2, brd, geo, healer.

IMO It's potentially an useful setup for those struggle with deaths during wave 3. You get 4 rolls instead of 2, so pt can do chaos/sam/gallant/magus for additional safety against physical and magical attack, and buys reaction time for healer and mages.

You'd sacrifice 0.2 DD manpower for 2 more rolls(on wave 3 volte and boss phase parse shows cor has 80% of DPS of our strongest Sam). But if DDs ended up dying less with more rolls then minor dps sacrifice is probably worth it, since death is always No.1 dps killer.

And wc x2 on wave 3 boss zerg could be bigger dps increase because more wc = More chance to reset bloster/sv/ms.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-09-09 03:36:13  
Not sure if this is really useful for 18 man setups but Pacifying Ruby can also keep the hate of a 3 DD party sufficiently low that they will never pull aggro on mega bosses. We can't really afford to have defensive buffs or even a true healer for melees but still managed to clear the four zones with 12 this way.
RUN DRG WHM GEO COR BRD
WAR SAM NIN GEO SMN COR
Shock Squall is very useful on adds, the first/second stun lasts so long it's possible to kill any Fomor before he gets the time to use his SP.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-09 10:27:03  
On a sidenote, we tried double cor in one DD pt tonight for wave 3 clear runs, so one of the dd pt setup looks like this: DD, COR x2, brd, geo, healer.

IMO It's potentially an useful setup for those struggle with deaths during wave 3. You get 4 rolls instead of 2, so pt can do chaos/sam/gallant/magus for additional safety against physical and magical attack, and buys reaction time for healer and mages.
I like this, but it would only work if you do not BRD swap and/or you have less than 10 songs.

With 10 songs up (2x BRDs swapping) you only have space for two COR rolls, not four. No matter how many CORs you have in pt.
If you want more than 2 rolls you'd have to sacrifice 2 BRD songs and that's kind of an unreasonable waste.

It's much more reasonable if you have only one BRD or, for whatever reason, you don't rotate BRDs.
In that situation then sure, I like it!
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-09 11:11:16  
He's talking about wave 3 in general, and it's not exactly fasible to keep 10 songs up for every single fetter + adds.

Even on the boss, you're scrambling for useful songs anyway at 10, so dropping 2 songs for rolls will always be a net benefit.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-09 11:34:07  
Asura.Geriond said: »
He's talking about wave 3 in general, and it's not exactly fasible to keep 10 songs up for every single fetter + adds.
Hardly feasible yeah, but not really that hard either (I was talking about boss only anyway, as my original post was exclusively about megabosses)

Quote:
Even on the boss, you're scrambling for useful songs anyway at 10, so dropping 2 songs for rolls will always be a net benefit.
No, I don't agree with that.
It's true that song 9 and 10 will surely be less useful than the other 8, but at the same time it sounds stupid to have the bard avoid to cast one of his songs on purpose. It would be like asking the GEO not to use entrust, or not to use BoG.
Especially when you're soul voicing them, even those songs 9 and 10 become pretty powerful.
Soul Voice can be up easily for 14+m every boss fight, double that if you get at least one Wild Card.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-09 11:51:49  
If those last 2 songs are preventing +7 rolls from being applied, then no, it's not stupid to have the bard avoid casting them. It's entirely unlike having the GEO not use entrust because they aren't blocking another job.
By Afania 2018-09-09 12:32:03  
So songs and rolls cap at 12? What song do you sing with 10 slots?
Honor march, March, madrigal x2, min x3? Carol x2? Scherzo?

I think it's easier to compare buffs potency of last 2 songs v.s roll to decide.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-09-09 13:33:44  
Not carols, Honor and Victory March, Minne Minne, Minuet X2 Madrigal X2, STR Etudes

Mileage may vary based on type of strat for stat boost.
Rotating COR can have a better output then using 10 songs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-09 14:00:35  
then no, it's not stupid
Imho yes, it's stupid, but to each his own I guess!

Quote:
It's entirely unlike having the GEO not use entrust / BoG
With due differences (it's just a silly example, after all) imo yes, it's the same.
It's a Buffing job not using its buffing potential to its fullest but only to a certain %, so in that regard it's exactely the same as far as I'm concerned.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-09 14:07:19  
So songs and rolls cap at 12?
Yes, just songs/rolls.

Quote:
What song do you sing with 10 slots?
Depends on the target.
Usually it's Honor March, Victory March, Madrigalx2, Minuetx3, Scherzo then for the last 2 songs different stuff according to needs.
Carols, Minnes, Etudes etc.
Etudes in particular are pretty meh when out of SV but they can be quite a nice DPS increase when you get the SV potency bonus.
Oh also sometimes we skip Victory March, if we have a RDM in alliance. (we tipically do!)

It's also a matter of setup and jobs available.
In your setup at least 4x CORs are necessary, 2 for each of the DD pts.
Those 2 additional CORs could (or could not) provide 2 additional rolls, but will also prevent other jobs from getting into the alliance.
WAR or SAM (Full Break / Ageha, and also quite respectable DPS), DNC (Box Step, Flutter Step etc) and so on.

It all boils down to jobs available to each alliance and their personal preference of course.
Personally I'm all for variety and stacking different jobs/unique things, but everything is fine as long as it gets us through the day I guess ;-)

tl;dr
I actually really like your setup, which offers other advantages as well (faster statue clearing to name one!)
I was just saying that I find it more effective when you don't have 2x rotating REMA BRDs with SP1 and SP2 up.
When you do, it really feels like a waste not being able to put those 2 songs up.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-09 14:58:18  
then no, it's not stupid
Imho yes, it's stupid, but to each his own I guess!

Quote:
It's entirely unlike having the GEO not use entrust / BoG
With due differences (it's just a silly example, after all) imo yes, it's the same.
It's a Buffing job not using its buffing potential to its fullest but only to a certain %, so in that regard it's exactely the same as far as I'm concerned.
They're completely different; this is not a hard concept.

In the GEO situation, doing a 2nd bubble improves your group's fighting ability in 99.99% of situations.

Conversely, if you have 2 bards and 4 CORs or 2 rotating CORs, then the bards not doing their 5th song often IMPROVES your alliance's fighting ability because a 3rd and 4th roll are more potent than an 11th and 12th song in most situations. Part of knowing your job is knowing when to NOT use certain tools when they are a negative effect.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-09 15:00:56  
They're completely different; this is not a hard concept.
No it's not, and yes it's not a hard concept, but you're completely missing what I'm trying to say :D

I'm talking about the potential a job brings. Not using everything a job can do means not using that job 100%.
Be it 2 songs, 1 Entrust, 1 BoG, 1 Roll or whatever else you want, you're not using the full potential of that buffing job, period.

If you're happy with that then be my guest! Personally I don't like it, but I certainly won't go around demanding people to play the way I want.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-09 15:14:35  
The job's potential doesn't terribly matter, the alliance's potential does. 3rd and 4th roll easily beats 9th/10th song(even with SV active) because there are more beneficial rolls available than songs. Your 9th and 10th song are generally irrelevant because the important ones were covered in the first 8.

If COR COR DPS BRD with 4 rolls and 8 songs beats out DPS DPS COR BRD with 2 rolls and 10 songs, it's a net gain. It doesn't matter that the BRD is losing some potential, the alliance is gaining it.

If you aren't considering COR DPS DPS due to available jobs and you are going to be using COR COR DPS regardless, of course you would use 4 rolls 8 songs. You'd be idiotic not to. It's a shame that this devalues daurdabla, but it's not exactly a new discovery.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-09-09 16:10:31  
You can rotate CORs too, you just have to time it so the CORs don't miss songs. Wave3 Boss (with 18) isn't hard enough to require it though. 8 songs 4 rolls is preferable if you don't need multiple Carols which wave3 boss doesn't.

Edit: Reading back Afania's post was more about wave3 mobs than the boss. It's probably a good call (if the COR is good DPS) cause it's lets you stack hunter's/precision/madrigal if needed for super high evasion monsters (or drop into lower acc sets) without sacrificing Sam/Chaos Roll. Barrier/Gallants stack well. And probably makes it easier for GEO to cycle between Precision/Fend/Fury/Barrier if needed.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-09-09 18:06:48  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Someone from likely the japanese community, said something to Square Enix, and Ballzack's first 2 All world Kill wave videos (galka, tarutaru) were taken down by Youtube while SE cited "audio and video copyright infringement."

OK, there are about 150,000 other Youtube Videos of FFXI content that exist.

Obviously the salt is real that a multicultural LS did something before an all JP Ls.

Ballzack is fighting the claim, but obviously we don't know how this is gonna turn out.

HeatedasHELL
Thesaltisreal

Videos are back up, Ballzack's won his petition apparently. Moral of the story, if you post a video of doing something new (and win before some of the uber JP Ls), try not to have so much add on ***on your screen.
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-09 18:20:34  
It's also a matter of setup and jobs available.
In your setup at least 4x CORs are necessary, 2 for each of the DD pts.
Those 2 additional CORs could (or could not) provide 2 additional rolls, but will also prevent other jobs from getting into the alliance.
WAR or SAM (Full Break / Ageha, and also quite respectable DPS), DNC (Box Step, Flutter Step etc) and so on.

Well yeah, something like war Sam cor or drk Sam cor would probably out dps something like drk cor cor because rolls after first 2 are often kinda meh, although Hunter can be nice to ensure acc is absolutely capped on volte phase.

I think the biggest selling point of cor cor dd setup is defensive rolls if you are struggling with surviability.

It all boils down to jobs available to each alliance and their personal preference of course.
Personally I'm all for variety and stacking different jobs/unique things, but everything is fine as long as it gets us through the day I guess ;-)

Setup will boil down to what job your best player have since there's dps check. If your group only has 2 well geared cor, I wouldn't use an alliance with 4 cor in it. The setup that I mentioned will require cor to parse as close to the rest of DD as close possible, and that needs a lot of work more than just copy and paste tp/ws sets in the job guide. However, I think it's a viable option for those with multiple strong cor players in their groups.

From my experience there are 3 thing that really determine DD output in wave 3, besides having rema/hq/augmented/omen gears which is more like basic requirement for wave3 endgame ls at this point:

1) stay engaged entire time to minimize reengage time(The top dd in the alliance are usually the one that's best at this).
2) use different acc tier tp and ws sets for fetter, volte and volte leader thf. And use attack+acc food like altana or oceanfin soup.
3) dont die: easier said than done but it needs refined hybrid set with high pdt-, high ma and different acc tiers, and know when to use them.

Typically a player that's good at all 3 above will be good on any DD, and they should be taking the DD spot. I wouldn't push players at this quality out of DD spot for a generic cor just for 4 rolls.

However, if you do have multiple cor in the alliance that can do what I list above, and desperately need more defensive buffs, then DD cor cor is not a bad option, imo.

In my case I was offered a DD spot in alliance, but knowing that my other DD jobs tp/ws/dt tier sets aren't as refined as my cor I came cor and took the dd spot anyways. I was kinda shocked at how close cor can get on parse v.s other very strong 2h DD player during volte phase despite the job normally underperforms if acc/attack is far from being capped, While getting the benefit of 2 more rolls and double WC in boss zergs, which is a nice change.
[+]
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2018-09-18 15:14:44  
For anyone that has cleared Sandy Wave3 with BLM setup, what are you guys doing to get all the circles down?

We're getting quite efficient at clearing the way to wave3 quickly but there is just never enough time to take all the circles out.

A few people have mentioned sac'ing the last two, is there any reason why you would only do two? I confirmed that the mobs don't despawn when the circle dies so I assume they just go back to where the circle was?
Will be having another attempt this weekend so any advice would be appreciated.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-09-19 00:25:00  
Bismarck.Feanorsof said: »
For anyone that has cleared Sandy Wave3 with BLM setup, what are you guys doing to get all the circles down?

We're getting quite efficient at clearing the way to wave3 quickly but there is just never enough time to take all the circles out.

A few people have mentioned sac'ing the last two, is there any reason why you would only do two? I confirmed that the mobs don't despawn when the circle dies so I assume they just go back to where the circle was?
Will be having another attempt this weekend so any advice would be appreciated.

I'm not really sure what advice there can be other than kill stuff faster, hehe. Is it the circles themselves that are taking too long or all the adds?

For reference, what's the exact setup you're using? Normally my group only kills 7 fetters and with 3 BLM's, we tend to finish with about 10 min left.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-09-27 13:41:41  
So what is the decided upon "best" strategy for dyna-d wave 3 mega boss?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-09-27 13:58:00  
ive done both and i feel like mage setup SCH + COR extending the SC is just as fast as DD strat.

I feel like clearing wave3 fetters the DD strat is faster. But lets be honest it all depends how well your bards keep up the needed buffs, how quick the GEO's get their bubbles up. There are so many variables. If the Geo running Torpor has his head up his *** your screwed on a DD setup. Same goes for the guy running Malaise on a SC+MB setup.

Both setups COR Leaden totally owns the megaboss, 99 Leaden/99 darkness all day with the mage setup and 55k avg/90k darkness (when they randomly go off) on a melee setup
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14