フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dynamis (D) Wave 3
Dynamis (D) Wave 3
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14
 Fenrir.Jumeya
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-07-19 10:00:06  
Sleep the boss with light shot/lullaby, move away, kill stuff, fight boss.

Obviously, no DoTs on boss when getting close to add%
By olson2189 2018-07-19 10:31:15  
Are you 100% sure that works? We tried that before, waited till all dots wore, and Nitro lullaby landed, but he instantly woke up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Whiiskey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Articaine
By Quetzalcoatl.Whiiskey 2018-07-19 12:35:44  
We beat the Jueno wave 3 boss last night, melee style.

Set up:

Fetters:

The wave 3 boss is a Mithra NIN

We didn't get a COR add at any time during the fight, but we did get a WHM add. It was hard to pull the WHM off the RUN, but we did it. The WHM was away from the boss when it used Benediction.

Odin popped twice. Everyone had their re-raise up, so one one died. Odin did, however, kill the GEO Luopans.

The AOE WS was Blade: Metsu. It started at about 20%. It can (and did) use the AOE WS back-to-back. Utsusemi shadows blocked the AOE WS and helped with survival. The DDs went /NIN.

GEO bubbles were Geo-Frailty, Geo-Torpor, and Geo-Wilt. The GEOs also did Indi-Barrier when things felt dangerous. The DRK occasionally did Infernal Scythe to lower attack. The DRK also drained attributes with Absorb spells. The Absorb spells landed most of the time, but were sometimes resisted. The Geo-Wilt, Indi-Barrier, Infernal Scythe, and Ustusemi shadows seemed to be enough to survive the AOE WS. DDs switched to a hybrid set or defense set when needed. GEOs idled in DT sets. When the AOE WS first started, the BRD put up 4 defensive songs, but that was excessive. The BRD switched to 1 defense song and 3 DD songs.

I was on RUN and held hate most of the time. The DRK pulled hate easily and had to hold back on damage. BLU and COR pulled hate a little but not too bad. At one point the boss popped Chainspell and ran the elemental ninjitsu wheel on me. It wasn't threatening at all, but amusing.

The fight was smooth. We had extra time at the end, like 15-20 minutes or something. Only one death during the fight. It was the DRK.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-07-19 15:31:49  
olson2189 said: »
Are you 100% sure that works? We tried that before, waited till all dots wore, and Nitro lullaby landed, but he instantly woke up.

Alternatively, Chain stun while the tank moves away staggers it long enough to move out of range. No issues on stun resistance. melees drop the adds quite quickly
By olson2189 2018-07-19 23:03:22  
We downed Windy wave 3 boss tonight. Asura. Melee setup. No video unfortunately, just a SS. We killed all fetters, including 1 full wipe, and had 10 minutes left on the clock when boss died.

Edit: since I've gotten some PM's on this already, for those wondering how we pulled COR add, we brought a SMN in the tank party, and after all the other adds were dead, he used pacifying ruby on the main tank. Our off-tank was instantly able to get hate on the COR add and separate it away.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2018-07-21 07:14:40  
How are people dealing with wave 3 Mijin from blue-weapon ninjas?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-07-21 07:30:12  
Ragnarok.Alihasan said: »
How are people dealing with wave 3 Mijin from blue-weapon ninjas?
Said Mijiin is, for whatever reason, single target, and has yet to hit my RUN more than 450~ or so. So it hasn't really been an issue.

My other screenshot was of 448 dmg.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-21 19:59:37  
Fighting our last wave3 boss now (mithra/jeuno), can view it on twitch, Brake357 if bored.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-21 20:13:53  
Title for beating all 4 wave3 bosses: "Judge, Jury and Executioner"
[+]
 Asura.Frod
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2018-07-21 23:40:08  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Title for beating all 4 wave3 bosses: "Judge, Jury and Executioner"

Does it unlock a "dynamis (d)(all): Demon's medal" category for purchasables?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-21 23:45:13  
According to those who have all 4 clears/new title it's a big nope. No changes at all when talking to Aurix, at least at this time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-23 15:54:10  
Someone from likely the japanese community, said something to Square Enix, and Ballzack's first 2 All world Kill wave videos (galka, tarutaru) were taken down by Youtube while SE cited "audio and video copyright infringement."

OK, there are about 150,000 other Youtube Videos of FFXI content that exist.

Obviously the salt is real that a multicultural LS did something before an all JP Ls.

Ballzack is fighting the claim, but obviously we don't know how this is gonna turn out.

HeatedasHELL
Thesaltisreal
[+]
By Justuas 2018-07-23 16:04:18  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Someone from likely the japanese community, said something to Square Enix, and Ballzack's first 2 All world Kill wave videos (galka, tarutaru) were taken down by Youtube while SE cited "audio and video copyright infringement."

OK, there are about 150,000 other Youtube Videos of FFXI content that exist.

Obviously the salt is real that a multicultural LS did something before an all JP Ls.

Ballzack is fighting the claim, but obviously we don't know how this is gonna turn out.

HeatedasHELL
Thesaltisreal
Meanwhile private servers have been around for years too. Can't understand SE logic.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-23 16:05:31  
I guess we'll just have to get the first clear of the new master trial when it comes out to add some more salt to that wound.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-23 16:14:37  
We already killed the new Master trial, before it's been patched into the game. Vid got taken down from youtube.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-07-23 16:27:27  
Upload to NicoNico next time. Japan will have the highest incidence of seppuku since the feudal era.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-23 16:56:05  
LOL, don't get me wrong, I mean the Jp community overall is great. I have a lot of JP friends, and we have quite a good amount of JP members in inquisition. But what went down with BZ's vids is pretty stupid.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-23 16:56:24  
Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Upload to NicoNico next time. Japan will have the highest incidence of seppuku since the feudal era.

LOLOL
 Bismarck.Lothoro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-07-23 22:38:48  
Anyone willing to share their melee setup for Halphas?
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-07-23 23:52:39  
Questions regarding wave 3 mobs:

1) Do the "circles" aggro? Is walking past them an option? Mainly cause I want to farm wave 3 mobs without dealing with them.

2) Does the Disjoined ??? add from the circle despawn from time to time? I noticed it's a bit transparent and came back from the circle after a period of time. Seemed odd. Is it possible to despawn it other than killing circle?

3) Aurix can pop from any circle (similar fashion to statues). Is it possible in relation to my 2nd question to spawn aurix just to farm him and not fight the circles and despawn the Disjoined ??? add.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-23 23:59:25  
Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
1) Do the "circles" aggro? Is walking past them an option? Mainly cause I want to farm wave 3 mobs without dealing with them.

Nope, you have to perform an action against them.

2) Does the Disjoined ??? add from the circle despawn from time to time? I noticed it's a bit transparent and came back from the circle after a period of time. Seemed odd. Is it possible to despawn it other than killing circle?

It will always spawn. It won't despawn until the circle is dead.
3) Aurix can pop from any circle (similar fashion to statues). Is it possible in relation to my 2nd question to spawn aurix just to farm him and not fight the circles and despawn the Disjoined ??? add.

Nope, the Disjoined will always be up along witgh Aurix, If he spawns. AOE range on circles is ridiculous, so if u are not planning to kill them or deal with the Disjoined 'ghost", don't claim them.
[+]
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-07-24 00:21:29  
K k thanks. All mobs in wave 3 can potentially drop Demon's Medals, correct (aside circles which always drop nothing)? I got 2 off normal mobs so was wondering if this is normal or because of the "Zone Bonus" from the weekly bonus that Aurix states.

Another question, is the Disjoined ??? mob able to be damaged or killed? If anyone has killed, does it drop anything or respawn if the circle isn't destroyed?

Lastly, do the circles AOE if no damage is dealt to them?
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2018-07-24 02:32:55  
Updated Wiki page with Disjoined mob info for all zones and some of the general information about event.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-07-24 03:27:08  
The fetters don't just randomly explode. They target someone and you can tell this by targeting them and doing an /assist on them. Whoever has hate (obviously the tank that is also holding the ??? disjoined should have no issues doing this) hold hate and standing out of range (I think we found this to be at least 15 yalms, need to confirm it) it won't ever explode, unless your DDs rip, which they really shouldn't be. Just one of many routes to deal with them if you want to take it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-07-24 18:19:36  
Indi-fade and the appropriate bar element spell nearly nullifies any output from a fetter, if you're doing wave 3, they are the least of your problems
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-07-24 18:43:05  
Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
Indi-fade and the appropriate bar element spell nearly nullifies any output from a fetter, if you're doing wave 3, they are the least of your problems

Quote:
Just one of many routes to deal with them if you want to take it.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-07-27 13:51:51  
Another question, is the Disjoined ??? mob able to be damaged or killed? If anyone has killed, does it drop anything or respawn if the circle isn't destroyed?

The one that pops when claiming a fetter cannot be killed, it is transparent, sort of like a ghost.

I don't remember if they can be damaged (I think they can be) since we just had a tank (usually me) solo hold it while the alliance disposed of the circles.

We have killed all 4 disjoined after everything else was dead though.
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-07-27 14:19:10  
The Disjoined ??? Ghost can be damaged.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-31 11:43:54  
Has anybody tried using hybrid ws on wave 3? It seems like there's some potential for good numbers there. The new gear for ninja and Cor adds a lot of macc.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-07-31 12:49:33  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Has anybody tried using hybrid ws on wave 3? It seems like there's some potential for good numbers there. The new gear for ninja and Cor adds a lot of macc.

The amount of buffs and debuff required to bolster the effect of such weapon skills and meet both the m.acc and acc requirements, including damage multipliers might be a greater loss vs the bodies being replaced that could contribute to DPS. Malaise and Languor do very little (75% reduction of offensive geomancy)

The melee route is rather efficient for the first 80% and dealing with adds/fetters, however the magic route has a much greater hate and damage control being outside AoE WS range, conserving defensive buff slots into more dps.

In less optimized group, melee is definitely the best choice to point farm the boss since the danger only comes for the last quarter and if the point isn't to kill the boss, you can gauge a compromise between #of fetters killed vs damage reduction for optimal points ratio.

We will have to rely that more information becomes available in the fall.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14